PDA

View Full Version : Let's Join Forces (Sept 22 money bomb)

gohardforrand
08-23-2015, 02:29 PM
Hello All,

I am Eugene Craig, one of the organizers behind the September 22 money bomb. I would like to extend an invitation to join forces and make sure this is the biggest it could be for Rand. I know many discussions have taken place, but I would like to extend an invitation to everyone here to join forces and drop one hell of a money bomb on September 22. I will explain why this date may be best. I will be writing to the popular liberty guys today to ask them to join us as well. I believe September 7 is too soon to organize the folks that we need to make a serious dent. I also think under normal circumstances a constitution day money bomb would be fine, but I think our money bomb needs to be an independent action of the debate rather than totally tied to the performance or activity around the debate. The campaign will have post-debate fundraising, and we should support that, but I think it is too risky to place something as big as this in the shadow of the debate. In the hypothetical let’s say we have a situation like in Cleveland where Rand is limited or god forbid something negatively effects Rand at the debate our efforts and success rate is tied to that. I think if we are really going to show the world what this campaign and grassroots movement is about we need to have a VERY strong showing. We have an aggressive goal of $5,000,000 and are actively organizing to achieve it. We are securing pledges and working with the campaign on a couple things internally to make sure we reach the widest audience possible with this event. I think the 22nd gives us the most amount of time to organize as well. I would much rather have one large money bomb than a couple small money bombs. We have almost 1,000 people engaged, and over 14,000 invited. I think we all have something to bring to the table, and while I may not have been involved in the 2008 or 2012 money bombs, I do come with some great experience running as a candidate myself, working a US senate race, and being the Vice-Chair of the Maryland Republican Party. I hope you guys will strongly consider joining us, and help make a huge splash for Rand.

-Eugene

PS

If anyone wants to contact me

E: Eugene@ Eugenecraig.com
P:410 412 4528

afwjam
08-23-2015, 02:48 PM
Lol

carlton
08-23-2015, 02:56 PM
Interesting...

If I was part of another candidates campaign I would seek to dampen the grassroots efforts of the competition. It just seems a little funny that we already have two moneybombs in the works for Sept. and now we are hearing talks of a third...

carlton
08-23-2015, 03:05 PM
Also, and maybe I'm being immature here but... gohardforrand...LOL

nikcers
08-23-2015, 03:07 PM
Also, and maybe I'm being immature here but... gohardforrand...LOL

Says you Carlton, if that's even your real name!?!?

Sentinelrv
08-23-2015, 03:09 PM
We have almost 1,000 people engaged, and over 14,000 invited.

Is there evidence of this somewhere?

gohardforrand
08-23-2015, 03:44 PM
Is there evidence of this somewhere?

Here is the link to the facebook event.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1042654192431533

carlton
08-23-2015, 03:53 PM

Three moneybombs in one month.. I dont know..

carlton
08-23-2015, 04:26 PM

Facebook page looks legit.

IndianaPolitico
08-23-2015, 04:28 PM
Did this moneybomb come out of that large Rand facebook group?

gohardforrand
08-23-2015, 04:32 PM
Did this moneybomb come out of that large Rand facebook group?

No it was born out of the frustration that Bernie Sanders is using our techniques better than us. This is a total grassroots operation. We have a lot of momentum online and offline. I would like to bring you guys into the fold and create on hell of a money bomb.

SilentBull
08-23-2015, 04:34 PM
Does anyone know this person? I'm skeptical.

SilentBull
08-23-2015, 04:37 PM
The 7th is the worst possible date out of all of them.

carlton
08-23-2015, 04:39 PM

I was too but the facebook page activity looks impressive.

gohardforrand
08-23-2015, 04:39 PM

I have been on Fox news, I served as Dan Bongino's State wide youth Coordinator in 2012, I am the Vice- Chair of the Maryland Republican Party, I was on the risers at Rand's announcement, I hosted/introduced him at Bowie State University, and attended his private reception before the debate. What is the source of your skepticism?

carlton
08-23-2015, 04:58 PM
I have been on Fox news, I served as Dan Bongino's State wide youth Coordinator in 2012, I am the Vice- Chair of the Maryland Republican Party, I was on the risers at Rand's announcement, I hosted/introduced him at Bowie State University, and attended his private reception before the debate. What is the source of your skepticism?

We just never heard from you until today and on top of that your telling us about another moneybomb in the works for Sept. 22 when we had already planned one for the 17. On top of this, we are dealing with conflicting dates from Daily Paul for the 7th.. so it just seems like a cluster**** and Im sure some here where skeptical that maybe your intent was to throw more fuel onto this situation.

That said, you seem to check out as far as I'm concerned. What are the Daily Paul people saying about your efforts?

gohardforrand
08-23-2015, 05:02 PM
We just never heard from you until today and on top of that your telling us about another moneybomb in the works for Sept. 22 when we had already planned one for the 17. On top of this, we are dealing with conflicting dates from Daily Paul for the 7th.. so it just seems like a cluster**** and Im sure some here where skeptical that maybe your intent was to throw more fuel onto this situation.

That said, you seem to check out as far as I'm concerned. What are the Daily Paul people saying about your efforts?

Well I have been in contact with many people from here and there was a good amount of discussion. We started ours before you gusy did or decided on your date. I did not know about this or the daily paul until I was contacted by orenbusse. I am in the process of reaching out to them.

CPUd
08-23-2015, 05:38 PM
Has anyone in the Sep 22 group organized moneybombs before?

gohardforrand
08-23-2015, 05:47 PM
Has anyone in the Sep 22 group organized moneybombs before?

I have organized smaller ones, and participated in others. Other folks in our group have been involved in other money bombs. We welcome you guys experience. We would like to work with you, and make this a success. We have a great amount of momentum around our date, and it would give everyone more time to plan and reach out to people.

afwjam
08-23-2015, 05:51 PM
The Rand Paul September to remember money bomb event! Give on the 7th, 17th or the 22nd and make this a September to remember! I'm going with a car commercial theme for my promo vid it seems...

afwjam
08-23-2015, 05:53 PM
Get your Rand Paul presidency now! Fully equipped for Reaganesque peace through strength foreign policy, a hearty respect for the bill of rights and automatic federal reserve auditing to keep your economy out of bubble trouble!

afwjam
08-23-2015, 05:58 PM
With rates as low as your credit card or gold investments allow, you can't afford not to invest in a Rand Paul presidency this September!

afwjam
08-23-2015, 06:08 PM
Don't wait till 2020 because we might all be broke or worse dead from another one of Hillary or Bushes wars!

mhad
08-23-2015, 07:43 PM
The fact that you are doing a money bomb with a goal to raise a specific amount is enough reason for anyone NOT to get involved. Money Bombs should NOT have any amount associated with them. If the goal is not achieved it makes the campaign look week. You are doing a disservice to the grassroots and the RP campaign by setting a goal in general but especially such a large goal.

Let's not start this mess all over again.

carlton
08-23-2015, 08:31 PM
I have organized smaller ones, and participated in others. Other folks in our group have been involved in other money bombs. We welcome you guys experience. We would like to work with you, and make this a success. We have a great amount of momentum around our date, and it would give everyone more time to plan and reach out to people.

The fact that you are doing a money bomb with a goal to raise a specific amount is enough reason for anyone NOT to get involved. Money Bombs should NOT have any amount associated with them. If the goal is not achieved it makes the campaign look week. You are doing a disservice to the grassroots and the RP campaign by setting a goal in general but especially such a large goal.

Let's not start this mess all over again.

Mhad is being a bit harsh but I think it would be more helpful if you changed the date for the Sept.22 moneybomb to the 17th. You have plenty of time to make the changes and not lose any of the people you have invited to confusion. I think you're trying to do a good thing for the only candidate that matters, but we're pretty set to Sept. 17 over here. Also, Mhad has a point about the large goal of a million... I think it would be better if you did it as a million dollar moneybomb that way if you meet your real goal of close to 5 million (which seems very high) then it will be a giant freaking feather in the cap.

mhad
08-23-2015, 09:23 PM
@Carlton, its true I might come off as harsh. The reality is a 5M goal is WAY to high, it is better to set expectations low and blow it out of the water rather then set them high and be a turd in the pool. If the goal is 5M and we raised 4.75M we loose. If the goal is 1M and we raise 1.25M, 2M, 4M it is a massive success. My harshness stems from these same threads in 08 & 12 wanting to do 20M MB's for Ron I threw a fit and it finally went away. I guess there is new blood and they are excited which is great, we just need to come down to normal oxygen levels.

carlton
08-23-2015, 09:29 PM
@Carlton, its true I might come off as harsh. The reality is a 5M goal is WAY to high, it is better to set expectations low and blow it out of the water rather then set them high and be a turd in the pool. If the goal is 5M and we raised 4.75M we loose. If the goal is 1M and we raise 1.25M, 2M, 4M it is a massive success. My harshness stems from these same threads in 08 & 12 wanting to do 20M MB's for Ron I threw a fit and it finally went away. I guess there is new blood and they are excited which is great, we just need to come down to normal oxygen levels.

Totally agree with setting the bar lower just to blow expectations out of the water.

Okaloosa
08-23-2015, 11:24 PM
First off Constitution Day has a theme and a way to connect with people to motivate them to donate and support Rand. Also, it is right after mid month payday versus when people may be broke. Also, there will be an end of quarter push at the end of September and if we wait too long we will be competing with that versus getting new donations. Lastly he is some what new to the movement as anyone that saw moneybombs knows the theme made it. For the campaign to ask money with a large dollar amount will burn people out and not motivate them. The 22nd has to be put to rest it is the Constitution Day on the 17th. Do not give in.

Barrex
08-24-2015, 12:25 AM
Hello All,

I am Eugene Craig, one of the organizers behind the September 22 money bomb. I would like to extend an invitation to join forces and make sure this is the biggest it could be for Rand. I know many discussions have taken place, but I would like to extend an invitation to everyone here to join forces and drop one hell of a money bomb on September 22. I will explain why this date may be best. I will be writing to the popular liberty guys today to ask them to join us as well. I believe September 7 is too soon to organize the folks that we need to make a serious dent. I also think under normal circumstances a constitution day money bomb would be fine, but I think our money bomb needs to be an independent action of the debate rather than totally tied to the performance or activity around the debate. The campaign will have post-debate fundraising, and we should support that, but I think it is too risky to place something as big as this in the shadow of the debate. In the hypothetical let’s say we have a situation like in Cleveland where Rand is limited or god forbid something negatively effects Rand at the debate our efforts and success rate is tied to that. I think if we are really going to show the world what this campaign and grassroots movement is about we need to have a VERY strong showing. We have an aggressive goal of $5,000,000 and are actively organizing to achieve it. We are securing pledges and working with the campaign on a couple things internally to make sure we reach the widest audience possible with this event. I think the 22nd gives us the most amount of time to organize as well. I would much rather have one large money bomb than a couple small money bombs. We have almost 1,000 people engaged, and over 14,000 invited. I think we all have something to bring to the table, and while I may not have been involved in the 2008 or 2012 money bombs, I do come with some great experience running as a candidate myself, working a US senate race, and being the Vice-Chair of the Maryland Republican Party. I hope you guys will strongly consider joining us, and help make a huge splash for Rand.

-Eugene

PS

Hi Eugene. Welcome to the forums. The more the merrier.

September 17th Moneybomb organizers have conference call tonight. We already have people working on twitter, Facebook, articles, web page, ticker, graphic content, articles... and million other things. All of people that are involved in managing 17th Moneybomb are well known on this forum and we are experienced in making successful Moneybombs.

Could you give some specifics on who is working with you? How many people?If they worked on Moneybombs we will know them. What do you plan to do next? Are you working on press releases, what kind of promotion etc.? If you how us that you are ahead us of or have better chances of success than us we will join you.

Please provide us with some arguments that we can discuss tonight.

P.s.

Once Constitution Day Moneybomb ends I am willing to help you with yours.

gohardforrand
08-24-2015, 12:39 AM
Hi Eugene. Welcome to the forums. The more the merrier.

September 17th Moneybomb organizers have conference call tonight. We already have people working on twitter, Facebook, articles, web page, ticker, graphic content, articles... and million other things. All of people that are involved in managing 17th Moneybomb are well known on this forum and we are experienced in making successful Moneybombs.

Could you give some specifics on who is working with you? How many people?If they worked on Moneybombs we will know them. What do you plan to do next? Are you working on press releases, what kind of promotion etc.? If you how us that you are ahead us of or have better chances of success than us we will join you.

Please provide us with some arguments that we can discuss tonight.

Hi Barrex,

We have a macro team of about 35 that are active and a core team of about 10. This will grow. We are planning to grow out to 150 co-chairs. We have a group of guys that are going to sponsor $2k- $5k+ in content ( media, videos, graphics, facebook adverts) We are working with Austin Petersen on this. We have a strategy in place. We place to grow our engagement to 2,500 by next Sunday and total invited to 30,0000. We are actively promoting this online and offline. I don't think this should be a matter of us/them we were around/you are new have a goal/no stated goal. I thank you for your willingness to help. I very much appreciate it.

P.s.

Once Constitution Day Moneybomb ends I am willing to help you with yours.

Hi Barrex,

We have a macro team of about 35 that are active and a core team of about 10. This will grow. We are planning to grow out to 150 co-chairs. We have a group of guys that are going to sponsor $2k- $5k+ in content ( media, videos, graphics, facebook adverts) We are working with Austin Petersen on this. We have a strategy in place. We place to grow our engagement to 2,500 by next Sunday and total invited to 30,0000. We are actively promoting this online and offline. I don't think this should be a matter of us/them we were around/you are new have a goal/no stated goal. I thank you for your willingness to help. I very much appreciate it.

I would like to join you guys call for a few moments to plead our case for teaming up. We have a lot of momentum developing with almost 1000 people engaged and 14,000+ invited to our facebook event. I know the constitution day theme means a lot to people, but seeing Rand be successful means even more. I think we are low balling Rand on $1-$2 million, and box him in with a theme. He has become a mainstream candidate to a large degree with high name ID. I think our efforts should reflect that. We are playing to win, not playing to simply make sure we are recognized.

SilentBull
08-24-2015, 01:05 PM
I really hope people can come together on this. I think the day after the debate (17th) is just perfect. Everyone will be paying attention, watching the debate coverage, so it is less likely that they will forget to participate, not to mention people will be more energized right after watching Rand on stage again.

groverblue
08-25-2015, 12:30 AM
Not going to happen. Sept 7th and Sept 17 are the only two moneybombs in Sept. So, you should join forces with one of those.

Hello All,

-Eugene

PS

orenbus
09-22-2015, 01:09 PM
Hello All,

-Eugene

PS

Hi Barrex,

I would like to join you guys call for a few moments to plead our case for teaming up. We have a lot of momentum developing with almost 1000 people engaged and 14,000+ invited to our facebook event. I know the constitution day theme means a lot to people, but seeing Rand be successful means even more. I think we are low balling Rand on $1-$2 million, and box him in with a theme. He has become a mainstream candidate to a large degree with high name ID. I think our efforts should reflect that. We are playing to win, not playing to simply make sure we are recognized.

zHorns
09-22-2015, 01:27 PM

That was all a bunch of bologna.

derek4ever
09-22-2015, 06:20 PM
The next Republican debates are the following days: October 28, November? and December 15. There are many themes for a possible moneybomb in October and December.

October 28: 1962- End of Cuban Missile Crisis: Khruschev orders removal of Soviet missiles from Cuba; 1964- Vietnam War: U.S. officials deny any involvment in bombing North Vietnam; 1818- Abigail Adams, American wife of John Adams, dies. (Halloween is on October 31, maybe have a multi-day moneybomb?)

December 15: 1933- The 21st Amendment to the U.S. Constitution officially becomes effective and repeals the 18th Amendment (Prohibition (It's one day before December 16, which marks the Boston Tea Party on this date in 1773)

How about it? Any further ideas? :)