PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul in Haiti Interview Meet the Press Video

Okaloosa
08-23-2015, 10:47 AM
http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/video/rand-paul-in-haiti-full-interview-510573123801

Rand Paul In Haiti: Full Interview
Sen. Rand Paul, while on a medical mission to Haiti, sat down with NBC's Chris Jansing to address questions about Donald Trump, campaign woes and immigration views.

Youtube update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlH2tdun1QY

CPUd
08-23-2015, 11:04 AM
This is pretty good, the reporter is asking the kind of questions the concern trollers on here do.

timosman
08-23-2015, 11:27 AM
This did not air live ?

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
08-23-2015, 12:14 PM
They played about 30 seconds of Rand talking about Trump. Why would NBC air interviews with actual candidates? They need that precious network air time for the talking heads to tell us what to think.

adam220891
08-23-2015, 12:32 PM
She doesn't seem to be a big fan.

Rand kind of rambles a bit like his father. I can appreciate the details but the average voter is more interested in sound bites.

lakerssuck92
08-23-2015, 01:09 PM

The bad part was that she was actively hostile and interrupted Rand's answers and wouldn't let him explain his answers in full. I don't mind tough questions but candidates should get the opportunity to explain their answers without getting interrupted mid-answer.

65fastback2+2
08-23-2015, 01:26 PM

Rand kind of rambles a bit like his father. I can appreciate the details but the average voter is more interested in sound bites.

complicated problems usually require complicated answers. its not Ron or Rand's fault that the average voter is a dummy.

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
08-23-2015, 03:27 PM
The bad part was that she was actively hostile and interrupted Rand's answers and wouldn't let him explain his answers in full. I don't mind tough questions but candidates should get the opportunity to explain their answers without getting interrupted mid-answer.

Is Rand still too shell-shocked from the attacks a few months ago to tell a mouthy woman "reporter" to STFU and let him answer?

65fastback2+2
08-23-2015, 03:49 PM
Is Rand still too shell-shocked from the attacks a few months ago to tell a mouthy woman "reporter" to STFU and let him answer?

probably...thats a difficult one

robertwerden
08-23-2015, 04:01 PM
Rand is such a smart guy. He knows that the polls mean nothing right now. Of course the front runner gets the most attention, but also the most enemy fire. Let Trump get hit consistently and when his fat blubbery carcase is on the ground from all the fire being directed at him, Rand will use his charred body to step over the mud.

hells_unicorn
08-23-2015, 08:23 PM
Chris Jansing is almost as nasty of an MSNBC troll as her predecessor Tim Russert, and I think Rand handled himself reasonably well. Not allowing yourself to be goaded into having a meltdown under these kinds of questions is a true show of professionalism, which sadly was not mirrored by the so-called host.

Dianne
08-23-2015, 08:28 PM
Rand is such a smart guy. He knows that the polls mean nothing right now. Of course the front runner gets the most attention, but also the most enemy fire. Let Trump get hit consistently and when his fat blubbery carcase is on the ground from all the fire being directed at him, Rand will use his charred body to step over the mud.

Good point. Although, my feeling is Trump is a place holder for Bush. If you notice, all the news media is Trump against Bush; brainwashing the electorate into believing there are only two viable candidates in the race. This is for Bush's benefit, of course. Rand needs to take out Bush, not Trump.

hells_unicorn
08-23-2015, 08:57 PM
Good point. Although, my feeling is Trump is a place holder for Bush. If you notice, all the news media is Trump against Bush; brainwashing the electorate into believing there are only two viable candidates in the race. This is for Bush's benefit, of course. Rand needs to take out Bush, not Trump.

He needs to take out both of them, and I'd argue working on Trump right now is smarter since he's the one hogging the spotlight. You either punch up or go home.

robertwerden
08-23-2015, 09:17 PM
Rand is already the one who punched first at the debate. Granted he got a poor favorability score because of being so combative. I think Rand was acting on the assumption when he attacked Trump that by Trump refusing the pledge, he had just sealed his doom. I don't think anyone could have predicted Trumps survival after that refusal. When he raised his hand, I said out loud that it was over for him. He has a thick coat of teflon below that hair disaster.

hells_unicorn
08-23-2015, 09:21 PM
Rand is already the one who punched first at the debate. Granted he got a poor favorability score because of being so combative. I think Rand was acting on the assumption when he attacked Trump that by Trump refusing the pledge, he had just sealed his doom. I don't think anyone could have predicted Trumps survival after that refusal. When he raised his hand, I said out loud that it was over for him. He has a thick coat of teflon below that hair disaster.

You don't stop punching in a boxing match because you didn't land a knockout on the first blow, and "favorability scores" are kinda pointless when you are hoping to actually break away from the pack. I don't know if he will prevail because of this tactic, but it's pretty well stipulated that if Rand had not gone after Trump that he'd probably not get into the top tier on the next debate. When you're not combative, your enemies define you, when you are combative, your enemies bitch about it and manipulate focus groups to try and make you look bad.

If you look for the approval of your enemies, you will lose every time.

RonPaul4Prez2012
08-23-2015, 09:23 PM
Chris Jansing is just another presstitute

ThePaleoLibertarian
08-23-2015, 11:45 PM
Rand's soft-shoe on the immigration issue is disappointing. He only halfheartedly mentioned his (apparently situational) opposition to birthright citizenship, and it's becoming pretty clear he's not for deportation and is just fine with mass immigration if it's legal. He's also playing PC cop with Trump's comments on Mexicans. This is not the way to win, Rand. Good God.

PCKY
08-24-2015, 12:15 AM
Rand's soft-shoe on the immigration issue is disappointing. He only halfheartedly mentioned his (apparently situational) opposition to birthright citizenship, and it's becoming pretty clear he's not for deportation and is just fine with mass immigration if it's legal. He's also playing PC cop with Trump's comments on Mexicans. This is not the way to win, Rand. Good God.
I felt like he was trying not to agree with Trump out loud. The reporter phrased it as a leading question. Rand had to detour down the "here's what you need to do...secure the border..." Not a bad move aligning with the angst of the RNC...1) they still have to approve the KY Caucus 2) it tells rank and file Rebublicans that he is on board and Trump is a fake and a problem. He does need to stop mocking Trump with that voice, though. It's old now.

LibertyEagle
08-24-2015, 01:01 AM
complicated problems usually require complicated answers. its not Ron or Rand's fault that the average voter is a dummy.

Yeah, but you have to be able to deal with it and adapt your presentation thusly.

LibertyEagle
08-24-2015, 01:22 AM

Sure, he could have said more. But, I thought he did pretty darned good.

65fastback2+2
08-24-2015, 05:54 AM
Yeah, but you have to be able to deal with it and adapt your presentation thusly.

thats like asking a doctor to tweet me in 1 tweet how to do brain surgery. some explanations just arent possible.

65fastback2+2
08-24-2015, 05:55 AM

he's right though.

we quite literally cannot afford deportation.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/03/the-conservative-case-against-enforcing-immigration-laws/387004/

Removing all 11.2 million undocumented immigrants, both forcibly and through Mitt Romney's infamous "self-deportation" policy, would take about 20 years and cost the government between $400 billion and $600 billion. The impact on the economy would be even larger, according to the study: Real GDP would drop by nearly $1.6 trillion and the policy would shave 5.7 percent off economic growth.

Anyone for that isnt thinking straight.

Valli6
08-24-2015, 09:20 AM
Rand's video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlH2tdun1QY

William Tell
08-24-2015, 11:34 AM
Very hostile reporter. Asking precisely how big of a fence and how much it would cost is absurd. You can't accurately guesstimate a massive construction project like that. Even if he gave a figure the media would ask experts who would say Rand is off by a few billions. These political gotcha games are insane. Its lose lose with these people.

hells_unicorn
08-24-2015, 11:50 AM
Very hostile reporter. Asking precisely how big of a fence and how much it would cost is absurd. You can't accurately guesstimate a massive construction project like that. Even if he gave a figure the media would ask experts who would say Rand is off by a few billions. These political gotcha games are insane. Its lose lose with these people.

MSNBC is essentially a pro-DNC opposition research outlet, most of the people who work for them are former Democrat staffers who have ZERO interest in giving their non-Democrat guests fair treatment. Tim Russert was exactly the same way, and I can't help but wonder if maybe God got so annoyed with his dishonestly that he helped that spontaneous heart attack along to cut him down. You'd think that the fanatics at that network might have had a change of mind about their policy towards reporting, but foolish people crave more foolishness.

timosman
08-24-2015, 11:54 AM
This is gold. Do we have to ? :D at 1:50

Paulistinian
08-24-2015, 12:09 PM
This reporter can only understand soundbites and Rand was giving her in depth, philosophical answers to difficult problems but she could not process it.

Brian4Liberty
08-24-2015, 12:22 PM

Without a doubt, their plan was to see if they could get a reaction out of Rand to use against him.

ThePaleoLibertarian
08-24-2015, 03:03 PM
he's right though.

we quite literally cannot afford deportation.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/03/the-conservative-case-against-enforcing-immigration-laws/387004/

Anyone for that isnt thinking straight.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Nonsense. Eisenhower deported millions in the 1950s, efficiently and at low cost. It was repealed because open-border lefitsts hated it. Reinstate that policy, there's no reason it couldn't work today.

hells_unicorn
08-24-2015, 03:24 PM
Nonsense. Eisenhower deported millions in the 1950s, efficiently and at low cost. It was repealed because open-border lefitsts hated it. Reinstate that policy, there's no reason it couldn't work today.

Trump isn't talking about doing what Eisenhower did though, he's talking about sending them home and then bringing them right back, which would be fairly costly. Frankly, I'm surprised at how many of my fellow Paleoconservatives have been so easily fooled by this fertilizer salesman. Trump has no intention of deporting anybody, and every intention of making the entire American right look like idiots, and that's pretty much why the MSM covers him 24/7.

bunklocoempire
08-24-2015, 04:17 PM

Quit demeaning that reporter! :toady:

William Tell
08-24-2015, 04:21 PM

Shhhhhhhhhh!

loveshiscountry
08-24-2015, 04:33 PM
Quit demeaning that reporter! :toady:He does need to come off better imo. Rand sometimes doesn't let the reporter completely finish. One reason people like Cruz is the way he handles the situation when someone shows lack of respect.
Overall Rand did a very good job.

Jan2017
08-25-2015, 07:13 AM
Chris Jansing sucks . . .

He does need to come off better imo. Rand sometimes doesn't let the reporter completely finish. One reason people like Cruz is the way he handles the situation when someone shows lack of respect.
Overall Rand did a very good job.

The reporter sucks . . . she talks TOO much. Trump would devour her.

Rand on immigration . . . IT does answer the question . . .
Chris Jansing is just terrible. "You didn't really answer the question." Rand should just say . . . "You are clueless . . ."

A little of a hint about Hillary emails if you catch it at the end . . .

"Hillary is toast"

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/hillarycrazyeye007b_zpsfvqxn2eb.jpg (http://s372.photobucket.com/user/sunblush/media/hillarycrazyeye007b_zpsfvqxn2eb.jpg.html)

Texan4Life
08-25-2015, 10:31 AM

LMAO