PDA

View Full Version : my first post.

niknakwest
12-05-2007, 10:41 PM
hi... i like this place better than my meetup or dailypaul, so here i am.

please let me know what you think of my letter. i'm including the hope for america slim jim with it. of course it will be handwritten.

Dear ________,

Hello. My name is Veronica. You don’t know me but I am writing this letter to you today because it is important to our future. On January 3rd, Iowans like you will vote in the Primary Caucuses. It is one of the most important days in the 2008 Presidential Election. Maybe you’ve made up your mind on which candidate you like best. Maybe you haven’t even thought about it. My hope is that you’ll take a moment to learn a little bit about Congressman Ron Paul. I’ve included a flyer that has some information about him. Please read it.

In 1992, I moved to America from Kiev, Ukraine, part of the former Soviet Union. America showed me freedom. I lived in Philadelphia and proudly learned about our Founding Fathers, the Constitution, and the meaning of Liberty. I’ve lived in Arizona since 2001, when I became an American citizen. Having experienced oppression and corruption in the USSR, I know the true importance of our right to vote. I will be voting for Ron Paul.

I used to think all politicians were crooks and liars. Until I found Ron Paul. When you see him speak, you know he is genuine. His voting record in Congress proves it. And he is the only candidate, Democrat or Republican, that has solutions to the country’s biggest problems. Terrorism. A collapsing economy. Ongoing war. He can heal this country.

To learn more about Ron Paul you can visit his website at ronpaul2008.com or you can call the campaign toll-free at 1-877-RON-PAUL (1-877-766-7285). Or if you want, you can email me at _________@gmail.com. Or call me. My cell phone number is ___-___-____. I’d be happy to talk with you and answer any questions you may have concerning Ron Paul.

Hope. Hope for America. This is Ron Paul’s message to you. It is his message to me. I hope this letter reaches you. I hope you will read it. And I hope it gives you hope.

Yours truly,

P.S. The official campaign did not pay me to write this letter. It is purely a grassroots effort. In fact, I personally paid for the postage, the flyer, the envelope, the pen, and the paper. I truly believe Ron Paul is worth my time and hard earned money.

Mental Dribble
12-05-2007, 11:47 PM
I like this alot, I would take out the first "please read it" though and also change the last sentence where you use hope twice.

otherwise, pretty good, pretty good!

hillertexas
12-05-2007, 11:50 PM
Very nice, Veronica!

Welcome to the forum!

angrydragon
12-06-2007, 12:07 AM
Awesome. =)

rs3515
12-06-2007, 12:10 AM
To learn more about Ron Paul you can visit his website at ronpaul2008.com or you can call the campaign toll-free at 1-877-RON-PAUL (1-877-766-7285). Or if you want, you can email me at _________@gmail.com. Or call me. My cell phone number is ___-___-____. I’d be happy to talk with you and answer any questions you may have concerning Ron Paul.

Rather than using the national phone number, be local. If you are writing letters for Iowa, say "call Ron Paul's Iowa headquarters toll-free at 1-888-828-PAUL (7285)". If you are writing NH letters say "call Ron Paul's New Hampshire headquarters at 603-227-0131, or his national toll-free number at 1-877-RON-PAUL (766-7285)".

jmhend
12-06-2007, 09:01 AM
I like this alot, I would take out the first "please read it" though and also change the last sentence where you use hope twice.

I actually like the last sentence. It fits with the pattern of the rest of the paragraph.
Great letter!

mosquitobite
12-06-2007, 09:13 AM
Great letter! I may have to hijack part of it for my own letters!! :)

niknakwest
12-06-2007, 09:52 PM
Rather than using the national phone number, be local. If you are writing letters for Iowa, say "call Ron Paul's Iowa headquarters toll-free at 1-888-828-PAUL (7285)". If you are writing NH letters say "call Ron Paul's New Hampshire headquarters at 603-227-0131, or his national toll-free number at 1-877-RON-PAUL (766-7285)".

i didn't know that. thank you. will do.

niknakwest
12-06-2007, 09:53 PM
Great letter! I may have to hijack part of it for my own letters!! :)

LOL. thanks. i don't mind. it's for a good cause.

niknakwest
12-06-2007, 09:54 PM
I actually like the last sentence. It fits with the pattern of the rest of the paragraph.
Great letter!

that's kind of what i was going for. :):D

niknakwest
12-06-2007, 09:54 PM
thank you!

niknakwest
12-06-2007, 09:55 PM

thanks for the advice. i think i'll take out the "please read it." :p

niknakwest
12-06-2007, 09:56 PM
thank you. it's exciting! :D

klamath
12-06-2007, 09:57 PM
Good letter, Just the type we need.