PDA

View Full Version : Which two issues are going to be most important for GOP Primaries voters?

enhanced_deficit
08-22-2015, 01:22 PM
Which two issues are going to be most important for GOP Primaries voters?

Select only two from list below/attached poll:

- Immigration/Border control

- SWCcare

- Civil liberties

- Intervention in Syria/Iran

- National debt/Economy/Trade

- Gay marriage

- Other (describe)

Note:
This poll is not about your personal view on these issues or what you think should be two most important issues for GOP primaries voters - but this poll is about two most important issues for GOP primaries voters based on your observations.

GunnyFreedom
08-22-2015, 01:29 PM
This is 21st Century America we are talking about here. It's all about panem et circenses. Therefore...

Other:

1) Timber/tone of voice

2) Hairstyle

3) Height

4) Appearance of clothing

CPUd
08-22-2015, 01:29 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/12/politics/cnn-orc-poll-iowa-republican-caucus-data/index.html

tod evans
08-22-2015, 01:32 PM
Media drives the frenzy...

It'll depend which issues they're frightening Boobus with come election day...

CPUd
08-22-2015, 01:33 PM
http://i.imgur.com/E15bOes.png

http://i.imgur.com/NMxZEKS.jpg

Origanalist
08-22-2015, 01:35 PM
Losers should not be allowed to vote in this poll.

Dianne
08-22-2015, 01:37 PM
Immigration/Border and Civil Liberties.

hells_unicorn
08-22-2015, 02:26 PM
Immigration/Border and National Debt/Economy, not because I think those are the most important (I do think that the Debt and Economy is one of the 2, but I would have voted for Civil Liberties), but because that's what I'm hearing all the time from people in my heavily GOP locale.

Occam's Banana
08-22-2015, 02:49 PM
This is 21st Century America we are talking about here. It's all about panem et circenses. Therefore...

Other:

1) Timber/tone of voice

2) Hairstyle

3) Height

Media drives the frenzy...

It'll depend which issues they're frightening Boobus with come election day...

Mix one part GunnyFreedom with one part tod evans, shake well, and serve ...

goldwater's ghost
08-22-2015, 03:03 PM
the economy and immigration for the GOP nomination. The economy and the economy for the national election. Immigration is becoming a huge issue not just here but in Europe also. In britain it just became the number one issue on voters minds and in countries like Germany, France, etc they are all getting fed up with their govts open door policies. Its time to close the borders and Rand better start addressing it

GunnyFreedom
08-22-2015, 03:13 PM
It's pretty obvious that Republicans don't care about the issues they pretend to care about, or they would have loved Ron Paul.

GunnyFreedom
08-22-2015, 03:16 PM
the economy and immigration for the GOP nomination. The economy and the economy for the national election. Immigration is becoming a huge issue not just here but in Europe also. In britain it just became the number one issue on voters minds and in countries like Germany, France, etc they are all getting fed up with their govts open door policies. Its time to close the borders and Rand better start addressing it

He has been. Consistently. Since 2011. Republicans would know this if they could get past their dislike of his hair.

acptulsa
08-22-2015, 03:20 PM
dp

acptulsa
08-22-2015, 03:21 PM
Y'all haven't been listening to the senior Dr. Paul. Or the Chinese stock market. Or the news from Greece.

Either that, or you're betting the correction won't come until next spring.

'Every guy looks in his pocket and then votes.'--Will Rogers

Rad
08-22-2015, 03:30 PM
I think economy, followed by Iran/ISIS (support for Israel), immigration, and then abortion. Of course you have to be on the right side of all those issues.

LibertyEagle
08-22-2015, 03:31 PM
It's pretty obvious that Republicans don't care about the issues they pretend to care about, or they would have loved Ron Paul.

Sadly, he didn't explain it in terms they understood.

Plus, how many times were we running around trying to clean up after he made a confusing statement that people were taking the wrong way? I remember quite a few. And then there were things like a televised townhall where one man asked him what he would do as President. Dr. Paul said something like he couldn't do much because of the Congress. So, the guy, frustrated, said, ok, what if the Congress was totally supportive, what would you do then? Dr. Paul again said there wasn't much he could do. The guy shook his head and sat down in exasperation.

It was sad, but it was also true.

I think even today, someone who spoke like Ronald Reagan could get elected still today. But, he was a master of words and also knew how to touch emotion and do it consistently.

Brian4Liberty
08-22-2015, 03:56 PM

Other:

1) Timber/tone of voice

2) Hairstyle

3) Height

It's obvious that issues don't really matter. Immigration? Santorum and Rand have been better than Trump on it for years, yet Trump gets the credit.

This is about a celebrity and a billionaire, who gets massive attention in the media because of those two facts. Nothing about issues there. And the other thing he does is not take crap from the cultural Marxists and biased propagandists in the media. People love that, but it's not really an "issue".

Sure immigration is important as far as issues go, but it's not the only factor by a long shot.

acptulsa
08-22-2015, 04:01 PM
It's obvious that issues don't really matter. Immigration? Santorum and Rand have been better than Trump on it for years, yet Trump gets the credit.

Trump stumbled into this by dumb luck.

He said some offhand xenophobic thing while he was rambling, and the next thing you know the reaction was jumping. But the only reason that got a bigger reaction than usual is because people who are looking for a quick fix, and can't add, see somewhere between a quarter and a third of the workforce isn't working, and these math-challenged individuals seem to think that tossing some three or four percent of the population will make an impact on that.

So, once again, I quote Slick Willie to a loser named Bush: 'It's the economy, stupid!'

GunnyFreedom
08-22-2015, 04:10 PM
I quote Slick Willie to a loser named Bush: 'It's the economy, stupid!'

http://glenbradley.net/imghost/rpf/2015_08JUL/carville.jpg

r3volution 3.0
08-22-2015, 05:29 PM
economy
foreign policy

From recent events, one might think immigration should top the list, but IMO this exceptional hype this early in the process is going to result in "immigration fatigue" by caucus time: that, coupled with the eventual realization on the part of many immigration-obsessed GOP voters that none of the candidates (including Dumpster) are going to enact the kind of policies they want.

As for Rand, he can't win on foreign policy, he can only maintain - he can win on the economy. That's his path.

Working Poor
08-22-2015, 06:21 PM
I want pot legal that is my main issue. I am tired of the police state built around marijuana.

Peace&Freedom
08-22-2015, 07:48 PM
Trump stumbled into this by dumb luck.

He said some offhand xenophobic thing while he was rambling, and the next thing you know the reaction was jumping. But the only reason that got a bigger reaction than usual is because people who are looking for a quick fix, and can't add, see somewhere between a quarter and a third of the workforce isn't working, and these math-challenged individuals seem to think that tossing some three or four percent of the population will make an impact on that.

So, once again, I quote Slick Willie to a loser named Bush: 'It's the economy, stupid!'

Trump broke through in 2015 for the same reason Ron Paul got his surge in 2007---he stood up for himself at a key moment, and kept on not backing down. Ron registered with Republicans when he didn't back down to Giuliani's bullying, Trump registered when he didn't reverse himself on immigration when under pressure. Then and now, the primary voters respect backbone, only they really want it now in a candidate, since they've seen over and over how "their" side buckles when intimidated.

IOW, Trump didn't take the lead because he stumbled onto the right issue, he won people over when he stood by it. Most voters don't sweat the details of issues, but do understand standing firm. Ron should have demonstrated more of this tone in his run, along with taking on more of the "no-no" topics with the same resolute stance. The same goes for Rand---he can't win just based on brain power, he has to connect with voters as having heart and guts as well.

Dianne
08-22-2015, 07:54 PM
I want pot legal that is my main issue. I am tired of the police state built around marijuana.

I agree. Although I will tell you, I tried it several weeks ago and I thought I was dying. I have severe PTSD and panic attacks. The pot threw me into a severe panic attack. The feeling was "I don't really know where I am".... and peeps with PTSD always need to feel they are in control.

Pot is not for me, but I respect your right.

sparebulb
08-22-2015, 07:57 PM
Which two issues are going to be most important for GOP Primaries voters?

Boobus's concern will be directed to the serious question of boxers or briefs.

cindy25
08-23-2015, 12:04 AM
a stock market crash , and the subsequent bailout votes, could take center stage. same for a war in Korea.

TommyJeff
08-23-2015, 06:10 AM
Does national debt/economy include Tax Plan?

kahless
08-23-2015, 07:19 AM
It is like 1992 all over again with the importance being the same as James Carville's attack plan for Clinton's 92 campaign.

Change vs. more of the same
The economy, stupid
Don't forget health care.

Add immigration after the economy and there you have Trump's success in the polls right now. The economy was also the reason for Perot's success at the time.

08-23-2015, 08:00 AM
Hair and Bimbos

Sola_Fide
08-23-2015, 08:05 AM

Other:

1) Timber/tone of voice

2) Hairstyle

3) Height

+rep. Sad but true.

klamath
08-23-2015, 08:45 AM

Other:

1) Timber/tone of voice

2) Hairstyle

3) Height

4) Appearance of clothingI am sending you the bill for expenses related to coffee burned sinuses....

klamath
08-23-2015, 08:46 AM
It will be the issue of the day come primary season. Who knows what that will be.

kahless
08-23-2015, 09:10 AM
It will be the issue of the day come primary season. Who knows what that will be.

The problems with the economy are not going anywhere any time soon. If Rand fails to address that he will lose.

acptulsa
08-23-2015, 09:15 AM
The problems with the economy are not going anywhere any time soon. If Rand fails to address that he will lose.

If he fails to address that? Where have you been hiding?

Just because NBC only shows him trashing the idiot in the race doesn't mean there isn't plenty of Rand plans for fixing the economy on the cutting room floor.

He's all over it. We're all over it. No one but Rand is promising to give small business enough room to breathe. No one.

And when they black that out, you can sit here and criticize Rand Paul for that in your best trollish manner all you want. We'll be out there telling people what the media won't.

We can flood your upwardly turned ass with light, so you could see if you had eyes back there. But we can't pry your head out of the sand for you.

kahless
08-23-2015, 09:35 AM

Just because NBC only shows him trashing the idiot in the race doesn't mean there isn't plenty of Rand plans for fixing the economy on the cutting room floor.

He's all over it. We're all over it. No one but Rand is promising to give small business enough room to breathe. No one.

And when they black that out, you can sit here and criticize Rand Paul for that in your best trollish manner all you want. We'll be out there telling people what the media won't.

We can flood your upwardly turned ass with light, so you could see if you had eyes back there. But we can't pry your head out of the sand for you.

There is allot of time left. I said "if" he fails to address it. :rolleyes:

You are Rand's worst enemy as a supporter. Instead of making the case for Rand for people coming here, it is always attacks against posters that reek of panicked desperation for Rand.

klamath
08-23-2015, 09:36 AM

We can flood your upwardly turned ass with light, so you could see if you had eyes back there. But we can't pry your head out of the sand for you. Yeaw pretty much it. Rand is talking about the economy but the media spends their time covering every Trump fart and dismissing Rand as already lost and they get a lot of help from people like Kahless.

Rad
08-23-2015, 09:43 AM
It isn't Rand's fault if his supporters do not go around to all corners of the earth standing up to crony capitalism, sharing his quotes, and his and their love for Israel for all to bear witness, as passionately as they can. Ron Paul's supporters were hungry and desperate to get his message out. Ron Paul signs covered the earth. The Rand Paul Girl gets it (has anyone tried to contact her yet)! If when/Trump falls how well will the public know of Rand's message? The media doesn't seem to do a good job of reporting it and there isn't a lot of pressure out there for it to do so.

enhanced_deficit
08-23-2015, 09:50 AM
Not sure how much of Trump-factor is at play here but some other GOP candidates seem to be recaliberating their issues stances lately.

Bush has started using stronger focus/language on this issue:

Jeb Bush defends saying 'anchor babies' as Democrats attack him
Los Angeles Times-Aug 20, 2015
Jeb Bush stands by his use of the term "anchor babies," prompting ....
http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/trailguide/la-na-trailguide-08202015-htmlstory.html

Carson who may have been earlier trying to find his groove on gay marriage issue (Ben Carson: Being Gay Is A Choice Because Of Prison Sex [VIDEO] (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?470183-Ben-Carson-Being-Gay-Is-A-Choice-Because-Of-Prison-Sex-VIDEO&)) now seems to have joined the border control crowd:

Carson calls for drone strikes on border 'caves'
By Eric Bradner and Eugene Scott, CNN
Sun August 23, 2015
http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/23/politics/ben-carson-evangelicals-trump/

Does national debt/economy include Tax Plan?

Yes.

enhanced_deficit
08-25-2015, 09:04 PM

You are right about Europe, saw on PBS news yesterday that Hungary is building the "iron "curtain" wall again.

enhanced_deficit
09-04-2015, 03:04 PM
O'Malley: US should accept 65000 Syrian refugees
CNN-1 hour ago
In an interview on MSNBC Friday, O'Malley's top Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton, said the U.S. needs to "do our part" to help Syrian refugees

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
09-04-2015, 04:16 PM
For people with a lot of unresolved issues -- this could likely be related your PTSD -- cannabis can be very disturbing the first time or three. You're accessing your subconscious when you smoke cannabis, and that can bring up a lot of disturbing stuff that you've been repressing.

If you can find a relaxing environment, maybe meditate first, and try it again, you might do better. After those first couple of times when you shake out the terror cobwebs, you might find it is a good longterm tool for PTSD and dealing with what's been repressed in a gentler way; rather than keeping it repressed and waiting for it to explode from some other trigger. There's a reason a lot of vets with PTSD have medical cards.

I agree. Although I will tell you, I tried it several weeks ago and I thought I was dying. I have severe PTSD and panic attacks. The pot threw me into a severe panic attack. The feeling was "I don't really know where I am".... and peeps with PTSD always need to feel they are in control.

Pot is not for me, but I respect your right.

r3volution 3.0
09-04-2015, 04:58 PM
You are Rand's worst enemy as a supporter. Instead of making the case for Rand for people coming here, it is always attacks against posters that reek of panicked desperation for Rand.

You spend all day attacking Rand, and when his supporters attack you for it, you claim they're hurting him?

....the troll is strong with this one.

enhanced_deficit
09-16-2015, 08:40 PM
Looking at GOP debate topics times and war mania among some, it would seem that for media masters continued mideast interventions were very important issue if not the top issue.

TheTexan
09-16-2015, 08:45 PM
I put Other:
Highest GOP priority is making sure we beat Obama as I don't think we can handle another 4 years

enhanced_deficit
09-17-2015, 02:28 PM
That may not be such a hard task this time around looking to dismal Dem lineup and high public discontent with Obama. But GOP has the capacity to grab defeat from jaws of victory.

enhanced_deficit
10-15-2015, 09:27 AM
Foreign interventions could become a bigger issue for anti-war GOP crowd:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/image/jpeg;base64,/9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAQAAAQABAAD/2wCEAAkGBwgHBgkIBwgKCgkLDRYPDQwMDRsUFRAWIB0iIiAdHx 8kKDQsJCYxJx8fLT0tMTU3Ojo6Iys/RD84QzQ5OjcBCgoKDQwNGg8PGjclHyU3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nz c3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3Nzc3N//AABEIAJYAlgMBIgACEQEDEQH/xAAcAAAABwEBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAgMEBQYHAQj/xAA8EAACAQMCAwYEBAUDAwUAAAABAgMABBESIQUxQQYTIlFhcR QygZEHobHwIzNCwdEV4fEWUmIlNGODkv/EABgBAQEBAQEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAECAAME/8QAHhEBAQEBAAMBAAMAAAAAAAAAAAERAiExQRIDE1H/2gAMAwEAAhEDEQA/ANaFGzRM13NdHN2hXM1zNZnaGaFcNZnc1zVXKLWYctmgDvvRKG azE5bWOR 9UGObGO8j2P1HI/Wo2ftBaWcohu5o2wSGlj/pI/7h0qUlmSCJ5ZGCooyxJwAKym l1vJI xkJY/U5qerhkabHxS3lVpIO lCqDlIiQQfLzpk3aG01FFgvSw6fDsP1qv8AYnjjxPHw YmSFz/COd4z1HtVgv8A/UbG6a9tpHuoCP4ls3NfVadaitxtz/J4Vey 6gUQ8S4q/wDL4HL/APbMB lSfD7234jAJbdy69QThkPkRS5pCE I7QP8nD7JB/53BP6CpOHvO4jM6gTaRr07jVjf6ZzS9cNIEoV0ihW1jjNAGiZr oNSR65mh/wAVysQyaMN9hRKTumdLWdov5gjYpjzwcVvjYbXPHOFWt2LS44h bR3B27syDP18qfZB3BBHmOVebLu u77iLwrEQwc5YjrnJJ9zmtY/CzjJm4e/B7qd5bm2JZScnwbdfQtXOd cdL/Hc1e651xXGYCml/cPDbSMn/YTnPWurkb9p47mXgdwLQ MAMwAzlQckfvyrNe kcnUAyn0rVFnZHC5OFQe f2KovHLJbS mjtQO4GGwo2jzvpNR0qIe3TuyTGdLZyCKvHZni9otjHbT3Ld8p JzLt15A1SdMqMCuhlJ5avr/AJpwLfOtSrBlXUBjO eVTLirF4veHsZTfcJcR3A Zc GX096ccM4mLtmgmiaC6UeKGQEH3GeYqm2N/d2n/tZ2C5yUbcZ9qe3PHbu5hWEiJWU51eLKt5rvsen/OKr9pxc8jOAd64dudRfBri8u7JJ57hWc5BBiHTboRT496OTp7Y IqtThXNCkdU3/AMX/AOj/AIoU6xzms 7b9sLmx4m3DrZMJGPHk4LHGf71e9XP0rMvxQ4UIuJR8ULgJOul lLj51GNvpp/fOOr4VzNqK4b214hw/isM7PqgLKs0fPwZ3wPPBJrZo5kljjkicPHIoZHXcMpGQQfavMN 6xeNfh8jSCSTz39RXpWwltns4TYtEbbu1EYjOVC4GB6bVub4Pc yjX96likLsrv308cA0jfLnA lKyzJGrF5QgXm2flqB7ZSY4VFnO10h2PkCf7VnXaHj91GbeG0u HcsfENZ3J9/Sp77xuedQ3H4uJcP4jPDE1m0cgEkM8anDofIemcdeVTnYHtBZc AuJknj7 aWLxTasYAOTz9Tn6VA9oDcSiFu9Y92oQDoPb61D2iPHOrsTnUC Wx61xlvuPRszK2niPai8EizWMEQgx8z I59eWD96iZOOcSdCGudQ8tsVRLjjcrXkXw7aYkAGgk4BHP61ZL SZLq3DxOCceIDofKtOur7cvzPicTtNxFJt5EcMvNkA5b9KUj7T PA0zvY27GTBcqSpfAxvzqCcN4PCeozii/zEYAH5eeKvWyJu44xwq7Oq44a0ZP9cT7j9PT7U3ZrWQFoOIMrq SBHMhyFx5jIqJ0BgtOokAYnlt9zRrYexK25JXJOfmFCVxHCzPG XVRnSOZ9qaPe2qSImg4JxrDZx9KkNKr4mOBg8 gp1sVqftVdLMZLGZ4ETlGuMKK1Hh929zYQTMBmSMPnSV5jkAeV ZPxlYEuz8MgUOMscbE1McJ49ewpHBNLIyIMoNXP0yfKnmzkWa0 hZCeS7eddqqNxue2RXM 79FG498UKr yJ/NN H9sYZeGyXFwWW4UnEGvOfLB22qj9o JXnHbx34lJ/KH8KOMDTENvPqdt/Si9ptPDOK3VnbEbOG0tyU4zioiW8uLnvHaVV1HxYGB02qVGkmh pO6DpHhS3Pn6dKu3ZXtGvZ22MGjwtJqJyd hzVFuslhpAwc525V1rktcrkFhjG9TfXg5vtsvHON2vGuzvfWZO uOYaos L5WwfPHrWRT3QfjAlaR9AYqgJ2AHL9Kf8IR7qd7Lv3szIQRK2S FxnGMddyK5xjs3LwpjcteQXMMiMYViikLHBGeSlRj1ai3aqTAu bxpcLnKgc/OmxlApqZdhp3zRUFxcMVt4HkIP9Ck49z0FbGEvnPexiM JjnK7Hap7s7ed1eoqlijnDalPgzjO/UnFR9hwx21XzyQnuwU HYkPk885G1Htrfu7i3ksg dQ1LnOfPn60eGX Z3hjQRsxaRtKqr7gnqRSN3DdLbGVgmFXOCQcUxmM0kpbUytTjQ Uj1EsxYYIJzimMmuE8Ga8gEvxFqmw0gv83ny5Ubilg1rFo76KN pCVjYP19qjOGjusliOexNRPEuKfE8TGnUI4lJAc9QOY6b 9HlqYyySC6MXe69B0BkXY4PkasPEb1ZOGxd3KNbMAd nWqr34kYMofJ8tzT3hsbTxXAYn GNeMZwKpISOrOysGKg8iSTTm3lRbZ5p2YBGxGMblsdPpTSTUrE Pths704vo1FrBsAx3GOudxvy5YrfDhjeXMkkzvrYJsB4jmhXYI 1xIsuB4z71ytjYJxbs12jzLeXthIgQa5rhpEwzY3Jy3X2qthpQ iuihoycZzyPrWvdu/irns5MtvG0oVlZ1XOdI9Kx2W3mRo/AG1HJGMYPl9qfCcKGZ8NrRVBXI3500i1lgRnY86VunV4gjA6w2 Gz/SBXbC5ezvFlgjik0gqqypqGDscjzoxWpfg8rfGRJJIwiZwGHQC p/jlovCIGM9wkqblFOxIzyI670x7KcO7/tBw6CWMrGZA7ZHzKoyR VJ9teI3Fx2iulliEUcDtHGgTGApxk55555okVLZ6VaCbRcNLND IIC2XTddQzyHkatEPaC3ihBhj7mE7rDEM6B/5HqxqCW4Z17sFRltRDLkE5zTmP4qIGCMWxXGchcZ3361rdPOxJ 2He8UluGaNraFyG0gbmpaDh8cDhY9WScaic1F8FvX/ANRiSeWNtXh0quPara1sojjlCnUZDrXOw5Yx f2qYOhSpEikpnLac04lyoCLkdafx2y9zYksFLT65Cc EfancsNtPxGKONgI1Rsk8s9N6pOou1jJAJA3Oarva5Xtp7YOo0 kEow586v3CrWH4Ne/094CwPnjJpDtVweK/4RI0EETzxDUjOcFQNzjHp50szWO6MsYGlQAMABQKUt Qw nJwTnFImMxEjGU2AOMVYeC8NtLjh89xIrNPCTgZ8JBXb7EGmhE vCI5FWTDMwBpfjrJNpeLYrGoPuK7eQiO4kAPJsDf0pFrd5X8RG k VTaqGK53dmyzcyetCnptgrANsunYjrQp1sXXtTxA2PC5UbCSXA 7pFHM7bn02rJu8YSsoG MKOmRyrQfxGlZUgWL5EHealA6jA/LNZtNJKzBjnOwU8jmp0E2/jSs7 FmO/h2oTxaGDQjYHG3L3p5cLdWdxJbXa6J8Asp5HIB6bcjRQjS6o9K kYAOCc1t8nF2/C2Zbmfit3eRxd5apF3cgGNAbvNX3C1Adr5ze3zzyRosk2HJJ3B G2PardBwRey/ZGWBrktLdSrJczRoTpXHQeW351TLuCWVBcazok3jiO4A9fWtb5 blBQK/xAD5Vuhpz3nd58aazzLUjdoI5oyZsFv6c7D97Ud3xhSyMepBzR 0qJjs2kMnGLHVNCuqdPG2wADAnOa2abhlk4YOQATuCds1gtpA1 3crapsbiRYdR3ALEKDj616AjRYoo0EYCouFO cf5quU9CRWSQRhYmJj5BDyNKqmnfSAOecUVMJnKvnOfEedH1sH UHUQ2SARuPKqTjo0MPGAM9K60UbIQ6KUO2MbEUVSsg2BRup6/ajLjlv6YG1YYzPi/DhaTS2z5XSzEE75Gdj9RVq7McJWLgTK2oTyMzac8tsAfln70w7 UYbiEgKjkq8vT/erJwKX4nh0EukByMOQPmIwufyH2ohUftFZi34rJEAdOlTn1x/tTi8s/h0Yovg0RlWxzygP61J9qoM8UDcwYgP1ptxYu9pYlSVR4dBI6lT jf8qmqivxxPpGYmYe1CnTWz6tIjJI8t6FJ0Tt7NbPcSo0n8SJQ mjIA99vfrVX4BYR8R43ZWzsojMuqRjsNK I758hU/27tWg4w2UI IAdQOQ2wf36007Bypbdq7cTQs4KOikLqwdJOcfcfWp j4P JFj3XGLfiESs1tcoFMh5ahz/ACx9qhOHzQi6jNyTEmtA0i5JC5326/rWu9pOER8e4XNZ6RHI2GSUk FxyPoD5Vj/ABPg91wi7EF/GLeXmvi1K4HVWGxrX23LSe0dzBfcIt5LCVru1lkMR0v/AC9uuSCPL1zVG441pZRpaxRuEVR/Ezkluu/l7Unw/iX/AKfeWIZmS5eNim/zI2oH7Z wqPvCJLiQMNh5Dc/SjfquZiY7IcEg44vF5ZNbiK0ZEZo91dgcED2BqqQxkI0bLl/6mO2k WPPNaf FgePhd7Jtpe5VVY7aiEwRvzxkfeqZ2u4cvDe0tzGjKYpz3sZTl v0 fvV30JfJtwnv0u7WOKRTN3yFVxz8QreIfCGKuWAY8uWM58j5 fT6nMvwntILnjF0bqCOSRIQYy43BJI2rTT3GhUtUj8G2OWB9OW elEo6caQyHDZDeeSNuexo3iRsHVgeHDNnA lFOlXULHIQF3x4sfvzrgiV5DoL6lcllU4OT1xSChMSgZGxyVx/UK7rVAdRwvlpNF7uMkhHDeLffrj97e1JXELsrDBXSdtLeL862s gbuxn4jxG5ZXUIq6ssvSpjs9pj4aiDwvkhvfz tJ21nOhlyCe8wN2A2HoKVt454VKoQ3oMEVMY37RW3exLcLuY/CR5ioi6k1W8EXPugT7ZPOpO iuJD4s6B6VE3kTJMwYsMnrtTTEz2TjwtxO4DOSEDHy5/3oUrwVhZ2IQkZdtZJ3oVgp34moZJbBtQ8KPg4IONuv0qv9i11d peGiMFCJiPYaSTzq7dvHt24CZJRH3scxKhx4mbrj09aqPYKeM9 oVKl4z3ThHOxB9OXPej6WnG41eERybbBWAyuD18wftTHiXCf9Y ja14j3c9srah4PGG5ZB3xjlt/enonR1KlimsEHUchh6f8700m0gapFDEeanKgbYA335b/pVe0so4rYf6R2gms9ckggcAFgM4qLeZmuWZm31HfAyDVq41bW3/UMt3J3vdb4icaf4gHUnfHM4xvjnVQ5OQhPPOoj 9TZjpzWtdjo4x2UsO7g HlMf8V/FlnLE8/UfTkPKqv8AitGp4jYSrMhYwfKoI5N61auzVw3/AE9w57Zi0z26qO5JA8GF0kZwSMHxZHsKpn4iteT8XSaeOUQpCq JIyYwd8qTkg /Xyp1Mnk7/AA5vlXjMqiEMJ4D4ep0 X3rSJLmQl1ksnXGlA2tXGfPPT7msn/DWRk7Rx94AypC5Od8fbr0rVbS5LW4uFgeG3eZvBIpDAY8see/35mtDfZVJS0 qTuxsNJJz16EbV2JkZASramz4cAH2H BQyrQmUrJpbbu2OMewHr7UdmYY07IHJC Bd/IA7fWnUlS0ZPdKAFQ L GME43/AH Z5UF7wDYqMgaAhwB7eVNWtu8ZZ0cO0Y20yAAnI2wBvTlC rS6pkgn5iPp5/fFDHEZbUPD0B3oxYdEH6U2Ex2OlQc4GGBFK68bHVny6UMJPjfZ QOoFRAiFzxAyEYCbb1IykyLpuA2knAKA03 DhVciTSSeZbeglVQLsqKPehSBt7pSAjd4CMjfTj71ykM0452iu eONJbwQM7PglY/GT15Y2FMez4uuFcYgupIhpj1ZRM5Ph5cvWtPjgifvlit1WBSda RoBkk53A269KZng3D7hTeTd5lc92oyuN8Akb59wRmqkkbyg37S zFJHjs49Dcll250zl4nd3Uj5MhizlUXkP36edS/8Ao0qlvhInVjnCS4UufcctuoIqHitmnvXgaGUFPlUllIPTG/y4351exPk2yJS4lXWw6HIJH1qAurGOK7CKCsZ3yOYBq5tYyRTt G0bFyCAPExOOtQXHo3tL5jIxYhBu 5Fc 7F8Raex3wnCrKQO7NJq3dmLMoJOxHTpt60z/EIxjhJjEIUyXCl2JOpiF6jpz5GnPZ21kmtUvo5iiNFmTuSVZ2G 2D58j9KV43YW15wxbe5dYQCGWZmJZsDmQf3j8pv8Aqp5KdiLe2 teB200KRRzb6mAAJ3PzHyqegb4hu4AmCaSRg405JyVPXrVP7L8 ah4XHJYXN3GYImaQd2HOoEY2wQB06VZIOLWsgE1vPDKrkDu5D8 zZzvkZyPXyArbQlbWGWPTHH8SYgRpLrnVjB6c96Qk8U0AjSSMu e77k I eTsPahlpFMWtwoBOmRAVXbfoNs4PQmi26mV2jCyJqGDJuvLrkH bPpgelOjDlxiIlowFGzsTvnHkPbH1o7qyB3kVhI 52K E00a0to0zIWDkEKxJyMY5b XpSk3dAIWuLiPSoIiKjVqz0PPJpY4hZSq6AFc7hW5qPIj 9L4d20iME89z/f7Ux8YZo4h3Jk5PIM78tvoKcW7yFFRGTGDuqYBO3P/P5UAvoOBrRc89QfGa53e dJ36E5xSUMbIMvEQQQhK7gilRcgRKrErHjZgd/t dZnPCAVk3wdmzjNCitrlTB05BzgsNh0oUsLdIkUeqbvHUc017M c4ydt6QvomDsPBplI8JUkk dgPLHn9BQqIqkzw6SG8nuLu9kn7tQe706VQ ajP5GuG0keWU3NyzmR1QBY1AXAwehzy8/pQoVXwfUH2purvg6xxWTAxlFy0jZYnHtsKjeH8AlubZ Mca HnjYLoiXJwM8zy 1ChXPr2vlYI7qC3UwwRhYIztEsYUY04GMHyqN7XW1tecPtvizI C XXugBjln9 9ChVyaL4Ux7KzgxJbxSICwxmUk/XNSPDhJG5urc6CrjJ1b5O/LGD1oUK6xCat 01zI4gd2fSwEpCCPPnjc 9THDuM2fFVUlJkBXVpCgDngDmaFCiyDUmCohMypshxoZieYBzn 60jbyxRx3N0iNgtpck7sQNhjlj1oUKlRa1ia6jkjZijM40ojeA em/ 1NpJF4ddSQQJjxEZyOf2rlCsB2mmuLhLeKQqkrgknbA8gPpTu6 uYLeOTMTSBSyqWO R1NChQXLgnTHpGQVzucf2oUKFGs//2Q==
New York Times
(http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/16/world/asia/obama-troop-withdrawal-afghanistan.html)

Obama Announces Halt of US Troop Withdrawal in Afghanistan (http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/16/world/asia/obama-troop-withdrawal-afghanistan.html)

New York Times
- ‎12 minutes ago‎

WASHINGTON - The United States will halt its military withdrawal from Afghanistan and instead keep thousands of troops in the country through the end of President Obama's term in 2017, Mr. Obama announced on Thursday, prolonging the American role in ...

enhanced_deficit
11-18-2015, 01:42 PM
SWCcare was supposed to make things better but opposite is happening.

Wed, Nov 18, 2015, 2:32pm EST

Why ‘affordable’ healthcare is leaving some families with sticker shock

Whether you purchase healthcare through an employer or via the federal marketplace, sticker prices can be deceiving. Annual premiums for employer-sponsored family health plans grew only 4% this year, on par with 3% growth in 2014, according to an analysis by the Kaiser Family Foundation. Likewise, the cost of an average 2016 benchmark silver plan on the federal healthcare marketplace remained relatively stable after factoring in tax credits, down 0.2% year over year, compared to a 1% increase in premiums in 2015.

And yet, Americans feel more squeezed by health care expenses than ever. The culprit? Higher costs in the form of deductibles, coinsurance and copayments.

“We’ve seen relatively modest premium growth but higher deductibles is the trade-off there,” says Matthew Rae, a senior policy analyst for at the Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation. “If you’re an employer, there are only so many things you can do to reduce the cost of a plan. Many have chosen to increase cost sharing.”

The share of workers enrolled in plans with an annual deductible — the amount they must pay before the insurer starts picking up at least part of the tab — increased from 55% in 2006 to 81% in 2015, according to Kaiser. Over that same period, the average deductible more than tripled from $303 to $1,077.

Growth in deductibles has far outstripped the rise in premiums for people signing up for insurance through the federal marketplace, Healthcare.gov. In 2016, the average deductible for an individual enrolled in a benchmark silver plan rose 6%, from $2,927 to $3,117, according to HealthPocket, a healthcare research firm. The average deductible for a family increased 8%, from $6,010 to $6,480.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/afford...210458535.html (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/affordable-obamacare-premium-costs-210458535.html)

The Cost to Obtain Health Insurance Through Your Employer Is Soaring -- Here Are the Real Reasons Why

Your employer expects you to foot a greater portion of the bill for your health insurance, and we have the numbers to prove it!

https://g.foolcdn.com/editorial/images/185114/3537904106_57fe05b12b_z_large.jpg
Image source: Flickr user B Rosen.
My wallet hurts just thinking about healthcare costs. A new study from the Kaiser Family Foundation and the Health Research & Educational Trust provides evidence that the amount the average American has to pay out of their own pocket for employer-sponsored health insurance is rising even further at an exceptionally fast pace.
The average American is fighting a losing battle with healthcare costs
The 2015 Employer Health Benefits Survey (http://kff.org/report-section/ehbs-2015-summary-of-findings/) from the Kaiser Family Foundation/HRET interviewed nearly 3,200 non-federal public and private firms with three or more employees. The purpose of this annual study is to analyze the scope of employer-sponsored health benefits around the country. What it found should come as no shock if you obtain health insurance coverage through your employer, which is something that 48% of the nation does based on 2013 data from the Kaiser Family Foundation.
The primary finding is that over the past decade businesses are passing the costs of healthcare along to their employees at an increasing rate. Between 2005 and 2015 the average annual insurance premium for workers rose by 61% to $17,545 from $10,880. However, workers' contribution rose at an even faster clip, increasing 83% to an average of $4,955 per year from a decade prior.

http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...mpaign=article (http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/11/15/the-cost-to-obtain-health-insurance-through-your-e.aspx?source=eogyholnk0000001&utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=article)

TomtheTinker
11-21-2015, 09:15 AM
Muslims and Mexicans

enhanced_deficit
11-21-2015, 09:57 AM
Muslims and Mexicans

Winner!

https://www.bestvaluechecks.com/images/MandMs-Logo.jpg

TomtheTinker
11-21-2015, 10:47 AM
Winner!

https://www.bestvaluechecks.com/images/MandMs-Logo.jpg

With Our friends in the republican party this M&M problem can be solved. All we have to do is build walls, drop bombs, round up brown people and ship them to Mars! Anybody who opposes is an anti-American isolationist.

enhanced_deficit
12-22-2015, 03:01 PM
With Our friends in the republican party this M&M problem can be solved. All we have to do is build walls, drop bombs, round up brown people and ship them to Mars! Anybody who opposes is an anti-American isolationist.

They aren't called conservatives for nothing.

enhanced_deficit
12-26-2015, 01:16 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ezVNROq.jpg

Interesting point.

derek4ever
12-26-2015, 02:34 PM
I still think Trump is a v plant introduced to siphon off support from Rand. Unless the average neo-con primary voter have an epiphany before they vote, they'll vote for somebody who will kill isis and that alone will be the issue. If Trump were a real "anti-establishment" candidate, he'd be getting the same coverage Ron got in 2012. And this has Hillary and the Democrats laughing their butts off. So, I've been talking with some friends I have in the US and sold my case for Rand Paul. But I always asked them what their main issues are (usually 2 or 3) and what he wants to do. It's been gradual but I didn't throw all the issues in their face so they would be completely confused and annoyed. Hopefully, our chats will continue to grow! :D

enhanced_deficit
02-12-2016, 08:20 PM
Looking back, surprisingly this was top issue for NH primary:

Heroin 'apocalypse' shadows New Hampshire primary (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?490038-Heroin-apocalypse-shadows-New-Hampshire-primary&)

enhanced_deficit
03-20-2016, 01:34 AM
Funny how things change in politics. Just in few months, the biggest campaign issue is now a "candidate" himself and very little real debate on the actual underlying issues is going in America now.

enhanced_deficit
04-06-2016, 12:01 AM
Finally, there is some mention in media about "issues" in an alection race lately dominated by "personalities".

Sanders and Trump Voters Are More Skeptical of War Than Clinton, Cruz Voters (https://theintercept.com/2016/04/02/sanders-and-trump-voters-are-more-skeptical-of-war-than-clinton-cruz-voters/)

2016-04-02

A PEW POLL released this week (http://www.people-press.org/2016/03/31/campaign-exposes-fissures-over-issues-values-and-how-life-has-changed-in-the-u-s/) finds that Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders voters share a more skeptical view of U.S. military adventurism than Ted Cruz and Hillary Clinton supporters.
On most other issues, Democratic and Republican voters find themselves diametrically opposed, but this issue splits each party.
Only 25 percent of Cruz voters and 28 percent of Clinton voters say “U.S. global involvement makes things worse,” while 38 percent of Trump supporters and 45 percent of Sanders supporters take the same view.
Another atypical issue is Social Security, where overwhelming majorities of voters for all five remaining presidential candidates think payments should not be reduced — despite the fact that both Cruz (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/where-the-candidates-stand-on-social-security/) and John Kasich (http://takeastand.aarp.org/candidate/john-kasich/) advocate gradually raising the retirement age or other benefit reductions.
Source: Survey conducted March 17-27, 2016. Based on registered voters.

https://theintercept.com/2016/04/02/sanders-and-trump-voters-are-more-skeptical-of-war-than-clinton-cruz-voters/

CPUd
04-06-2016, 12:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSz1LnXh1RU