PDA

View Full Version : Paul vs. Huckabee on the IRS

SevenEyedJeff
12-05-2007, 10:39 PM
I don't understand why everyone seems to think Huckabee's idea for a Fair Tax and getting rid of the IRS is so great. I mean Paul has been saying get rid of the IRS for a lot longer and the mainstream just ignores him. And I think Ron Paul has the congressional record that makes me believe he is SERIOUS about what he is saying. Huckabee, I just don't trust that guy. I have a link detailing Huckabee's highly questionable tax record in Arkansas:

http://www.clubforgrowth.org/2007/11/updated_huckabee_white_paper.php

So who is dumb enough to believe this guy?

drpiotrowski
12-05-2007, 11:07 PM
I know, it's absurd.

Ron Paul's called a radical for wanting to get rid of the IRS, while Huckabee is called a "true conservative" for wanting to get rid of the IRS and then creating some fancy sales tax.

Yet we all know that the true conservative wouldn't replace it with ANYTHING.

Although, we can certainly use this to our advantage. During Thanksgiving, my grandfather (old conservative) mentioned this exact matter: how he feels Paul is too radical because he wants to get rid of the IRS. I informed him that Huckabee wants to do the same thing, but Ron also wants to cut spending, which Huckabee can't do since he plans to continue spending trillions on the military. That certainly opened him up to the idea.