PDA

View Full Version : FBI Had 12-Page File On George Carlin Because He Made Jokes About Government

twomp
08-20-2015, 07:30 PM
Comedian George Carlin is known as one of the most controversial and outspoken entertainers of his time, and as far as the government is concerned, he could have possibly been a terrorist.

Carlin was not a violent or criminal person in any way, but he said things during his routines that struck at the root of the problems in our society. He went into great detail about corruption in government and business.

During the 1978 Supreme Court case, FCC v Pacifica Foundation, the government cited Carlin’s work as an example of profanity. They used his “Seven Dirty Words” segment to show the type of language that was being used in records and broadcasts. However, the government’s interest in his work did not stop there.

Just after his 1969 appearance on the Jackie Gleason show, Carlin caught the attention of the FBI because he made jokes about then-FBI chief J. Edgar Hoover. According to the government, Carlin had “referred to the Bureau and the Director in a satirical vein.”

They added that his act was “considered to be in very poor taste” and “it was obvious that he was using the prestige of the Bureau and Mr. Hoover to enhance his performance.”

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-08-20/fbi-had-12-page-file-george-carlin-because-he-made-jokes-about-government

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-20-2015, 07:35 PM
considering George Carlin talked shit about the government in every act I know of, I'm surprised it's not longer :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy-sVByUHqE

Dianne
08-20-2015, 07:41 PM
Then, can you imagine the size of files they have on us? The good thing about the Government is they collect all our data, costing taxpayers billions per year. But they have no clue what to do with it afterwards. It reminds me of my ex's storage building... loaded with tons of chit, paying storage bills each month, but no one will dispose of the property until he is deceased.

CPUd
08-20-2015, 08:07 PM
J. Edgar Hoover had files on pretty much everyone, including past and current POTUS.

Zippyjuan
08-20-2015, 08:10 PM
Only twelve pages? Would take more than that to just list his jokes about the government.

Zippyjuan
08-20-2015, 08:12 PM
J. Edgar Hoover had files on pretty much everyone, including past and current POTUS.

The current POTUS would have been just eleven when Hoover died.

Uriel999
08-20-2015, 08:17 PM
Pffttt....they only got 12 on him!

What a loser!

I've got at least 13!

DisneyFan
08-20-2015, 08:26 PM

Yes, and the federal government as a whole, from the FBI to the White House to the (at the time never talked about in public) NSA, was monitoring and putting people on watch lists and so forth during the late 60s. Many people don't realize how long this has been going on.

DisneyFan
08-20-2015, 08:28 PM
The current POTUS would have been just eleven when Hoover died.

I think CPUd meant current as in contemporaneous. I don't think he was suggesting that they were monitoring Obama when he was 11. LOL.

Zippyjuan
08-20-2015, 08:33 PM
If you want to read some of his file: https://www.muckrock.com/news/archives/2015/aug/13/george-carlins-fbi-file/

Basically complaint letters from people who did not appreciate Carlin's humor.

Last page says "no action necessary".

Dianne
08-20-2015, 09:02 PM
You have to wonder why our Congress bows to the king. It's because the NSA has every ounce of dirt on them, imaginable. Our Congress is blackmailed. Spying is a pretty bad thing.. I bet they have videotapes of Boehner and McConnell smoking dope, cocaine (McConnell's father in law is a cocaine dealer). Can you imagine... bet they have video of Boehner and McConnell having sex with 12 year old boys. I bet they have conversations with Hillary having sex with 12 year old girls. Thank Obama for the NSA ... I bet 90% of those in Washington, that vote for Obama's executive orders do so for fear of what NSA has on them.

pcosmar
08-20-2015, 09:21 PM
Everyone who is/was anyone had an FBI file. some have other files.

Now NSA has expanded it to everyone in general.

DisneyFan
08-20-2015, 09:24 PM
You have to wonder why our Congress bows to the king. It's because the NSA has every ounce of dirt on them, imaginable. Our Congress is blackmailed. Spying is a pretty bad thing.. I bet they have videotapes of Boehner and McConnell smoking dope, cocaine (McConnell's father in law is a cocaine dealer). Can you imagine... bet they have video of Boehner and McConnell having sex with 12 year old boys. I bet they have conversations with Hillary having sex with 12 year old girls. Thank Obama for the NSA ... I bet 90% of those in Washington, that vote for Obama's executive orders do so for fear of what NSA has on them.

I don't know the numbers, but I am convinced that a lot of congressmen have some serious dirt that could be used against them.

Sometimes it is a Hastert situation where the guy is a perv before running for office. TPTB like the fact that the guy is a perv because it means they have significant control over him. This is a guy you want to support and then keep around.

Now, not all who seek office and get it will have that kind of bad secret, so sometimes the secret will have to be created. Take a married politician and send an attractive woman/man their way, or perhaps offer some nice drugs in a back room at a party, and, BAM! One politician at your service when the time is right.

GunnyFreedom
08-20-2015, 10:04 PM
lol I wish I were surprised by this. :(

Jan2017
08-20-2015, 10:15 PM
the George Carlin dossier file of the FBI . . .

did more to keep the peace than most for sure.

CPUd
08-20-2015, 10:17 PM
I think CPUd meant current as in contemporaneous. I don't think he was suggesting that they were monitoring Obama when he was 11. LOL.

Yes, from FDR to Nixon, and probably everyone who ran against them, too.

Weston White
08-20-2015, 11:05 PM
They added that his act was “considered to be in very poor taste” and “it was obvious that he was using the prestige of the Bureau and Mr. Hoover to enhance his performance.”

My, oh my, now don't we have an inflated, warped and contorted view of our own self worth?

ETA:

Oh really has to question the true motives of a government that places Cat Stevens and its own representatives on arbitrary "no-fly" lists, meanwhile 9/11 has been exposed as an utter and complete contrivance.

enhanced_deficit
08-21-2015, 10:34 PM

Yep, that used to be a very different era and gov agencies were doing a lot more than defending our freedoms.

'You filthy, abnormal animal’: graphic contents of anonymous letter sent by FBI to MLK (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?463086-You-filthy-abnormal-animal%E2%80%99-graphic-contents-of-anonymous-letter-sent-by-FBI-to-MLK&)

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03104/martin-luther-king_3104426b.jpg The letter to Martin Luther King was written by a deputy of FBI chief J Edgar Hoover

nobody's_hero
08-22-2015, 06:17 AM
The government doesn't like to be embarrassed. That is the worst offense imaginable.

And embarrassing government in front of audiences was something Carlin excelled at.

Natural Citizen
08-22-2015, 06:21 AM
Pffttt....they only got 12 on him!

What a loser!

I've got at least 13!

24. I just checked. :)