PDA

View Full Version : Mark Cuban: I would prefer to be a Republican

SilentBull
08-19-2015, 07:24 PM
Rand's campaign should really be trying to get this guy:

I would prefer to be a Republican. I want smaller government. I want smarter government. Just like most Republicans

Put aside that I disagree with Republicans on most social issues. The Republicans have a much bigger problem that will crush them in every Presidential election until this changes.

If you don’t agree with every platform of the party not only are you called a RINO, a “Republican in Name Only. You are considered unelectable in primaries and become a source of scorn on Fox News

That’s a problem.

Leaders don’t conform to the consensus. They create consensus to their vision and goals.

Leaders don’t change their positions mid debate. They welcome scorn from the masses because it creates the opportunity for dialogue.

Leaders don’t look backwards to condemn what has already been done, they look forward to create a better future.

Leaders are not dogmatic. They are principled and know that change is never easy, but when it’s necessary, they must lead.

The Republican Party does everything possible to discourage leadership.

They want dogma.

They want conformity.

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/2015/08/mark-cuban-i-would-prefer-to-be-a-republican-but-the-party-has-one-big-problem-thatll-crush-them-in-every-presidential-election.html/

phill4paul
08-19-2015, 07:47 PM
Mark Cuban makes money. He does so by not giving it away unless there is profit to be had in the long run. He's got enough money to make more in whatever political system comes down the pike.

New idea!

Shark Tank: Political contenders.

Wouldn't that be awesome prime time?

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-19-2015, 08:09 PM
Mark Cuban makes money. He does so by not giving it away unless there is profit to be had in the long run. He's got enough money to make more in whatever political system comes down the pike.

New idea!

Shark Tank: Political contenders.

Wouldn't that be awesome prime time?
"I'm sorry Rand, but freedom just isn't selling. People are looking for the next communist dictator. Good luck with your business. I'm out."

"I'm out too."

"I'll give you 1 million for a 51% stake in your campaign, and you also have to change your views on foreign policy and abortion."

phill4paul
08-19-2015, 08:13 PM
"I'm sorry Rand, but freedom just isn't selling. People are looking for the next communist dictator. Good luck with your business. I'm out."

"I'm out too."

"I'll give you 1 million for a 51% stake in your campaign, and you also have you change your views on foreign policy and abortion."

http://www.thetraderisk.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/youre_dead_to_me-640x300.jpg

surf
08-20-2015, 10:35 AM
he needs to come out of the closet officially and declare himself to be a libertarian....

I sent Mark Cuban an RP Christmas card in 2007

parocks
08-20-2015, 11:21 AM
Mark Cuban made me money a long time ago. I got broadcast.com stock in the IPO.

cajuncocoa
08-20-2015, 11:28 AM
he needs to come out of the closet officially and declare himself to be a libertarian....

I thought that happened already. Good Lord, he's certainly more libertarian than the likes of Glenn Beck and a few others who like to co-opt the label.

DevilsAdvocate
08-20-2015, 12:01 PM
Didn't Mark Cuban basically get lucky by selling all his stock right at the peak of the dot com bubble? That's where all his money comes from, tech companies from the boom days

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-20-2015, 12:23 PM
Mark Cuban is in Sharknado 3

Cleaner44
08-20-2015, 01:04 PM
Didn't Mark Cuban basically get lucky by selling all his stock right at the peak of the dot com bubble? That's where all his money comes from, tech companies from the boom days

Did Cuban sell Broadcast.com before the .com cycle bust in 2000?
Yes.

Did he get lucky?
No.

In 1990, Cuban sold MicroSolutions to CompuServe—then a subsidiary of H&R Block—for $6 million. That was a decade before the .com bust. The guy is smart and knows how to build companies and make money. He didn't become a multi-Billionaire by luck.

Feeding the Abscess
08-20-2015, 03:19 PM

He also bought the Dallas Mavericks and turned them from the joke of the NBA (possible co-joke, with the Clippers) into a perennial playoff team and occasional contender.

DevilsAdvocate
08-20-2015, 04:13 PM
He also bought the Dallas Mavericks and turned them from the joke of the NBA (possible co-joke, with the Clippers) into a perennial playoff team and occasional contender.

Yeah but that was just because he paid for the best team. Coincidentally, right after he won with Mavericks they changed the rules to limit how much owners could financially support their team. He's not some sort of amazing basketball legend. He outspent everybody, got the best team, then whupped everyone's butt. They had to change the rules to stop it from happening in the future.

phill4paul
08-20-2015, 06:48 PM
If I were gonna choose a businessman, for the sake of choosing a businessman, for president I'd take Cuban over Trump any day.

Feeding the Abscess
08-21-2015, 02:35 AM
Yeah but that was just because he paid for the best team. Coincidentally, right after he won with Mavericks they changed the rules to limit how much owners could financially support their team. He's not some sort of amazing basketball legend. He outspent everybody, got the best team, then whupped everyone's butt. They had to change the rules to stop it from happening in the future.

He hired guys in his front office and coaching staff who were in the front lines of the analytics revolution in basketball. Their 2010-11 payroll was exactly in line with other contending teams, and the CBA was a power play by owners in order to control a larger share of revenue from the upcoming TV deals, not to limit Dallas specifically from spending money. If you recall, Dallas beat Miami for the title in 2010-11. Miami had signed LeBron James and Chris Bosh as free agents the previous offseason.

It is impossible to argue that Cuban did not change the way the Mavericks did business. From 1990 to 2000, Dallas didn't have a single season with a record of .500 or better. Since 2000, Dallas has only had three seasons with a record worse than .600, and none worse than .500.