PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck, has now officially declared: Cruz is his man.

RDM
08-19-2015, 08:57 AM
For months, Beck has favored both Rand and Cruz as his top choices for President. Today they were going over each candidate and discussing their top 3 strengths.

He had very positive things to say about both Rand and Cruz, but one thing he said that differentiates the two is when Cruz says something, Beck says he's 100% positive that Cruz means it and is very clear of his stance on issues. With Paul, there are times he's not clear and leaves doubt.

My take, this is not good and Beck reaches a large audience.

Dianne
08-19-2015, 08:59 AM
Sarah Palin did the same thing on FOX last night. When asked specifically which candidate she was supporting; she said there were a couple of great candidates like Carson, Cruz and Trump.

cajuncocoa
08-19-2015, 09:06 AM
Oh, I am soooooooooo shocked.

not.

William Tell
08-19-2015, 09:07 AM
Beck has a long history of flirting with the idea of supporting the liberty candidate and then deciding against it.

Sola_Fide
08-19-2015, 09:11 AM
No surprise.

AuH20
Beck hates Trump too. How convenient.

William R
Rand blew it with the base of the party. Attacking Trump wasn't a good idea because the base of the party supports Trump. Rand should probably drop out and focus on his Senate race because I read that Trump is more popular in Kentucky than Rand.

William Tell
08-19-2015, 09:12 AM
Beck hates Trump too. How convenient.

That's a silver lining, Cruz is not nearly as bad as Trump.

AuH20
08-19-2015, 09:13 AM
That's a silver lining, Cruz is not nearly as bad as Trump.

Cruz's donors are worse.

Sola_Fide
08-19-2015, 09:14 AM
Rand blew it with the base of the party.

No he didn't. It is way too early to declare that.

erowe1
08-19-2015, 09:17 AM
Of course. Yeah, I heard him talk up Rand a couple times. But whenever it came to the question of whether or not he'd support him, he was always pretty unenthused.

I think the reason he picked now to endorse Cruz is because he was waiting to make sure he could safely predict that it was unlikely Cruz could actually win the nomination. Beck's objective is not to help the one he endorses win, but to use his endorsement to draw votes away from other conservative challengers to the establishment candidates, whom he actually supports.

specsaregood
Rand blew it with the base of the party. Attacking Trump wasn't a good idea because the base of the party supports Trump. Rand should probably drop out and focus on his Senate race because I read that Trump is more popular in Kentucky than Rand.

Or just go back to his medical practice, let the country burn down. I just don't know how he puts up with it all.

erowe1

The base of the party will not support Trump. Don't be ridiculous.

AuH20
08-19-2015, 09:18 AM

That would not surprise me at all.

William R
08-19-2015, 09:19 AM
No he didn't. It is way too early to declare that.

No it's not. Trump is more popular in Kentucky than Rand. The sad part is, Rand couldn't even get any media coverage of his trip to Haiti to perform eye surgery for the needy.

Mr.NoSmile
08-19-2015, 09:22 AM

You read, huh? Where from?

erowe1
08-19-2015, 09:23 AM
No it's not. Trump is more popular in Kentucky than Rand. The sad part is, Rand couldn't even get any media coverage of his trip to Haiti to perform eye surgery for the needy.

Do you have any basis for your nonsensical claims? It seems like you're going on opinion polls. What did you do in 2007? Go from being sure that Fred Thompson was going to win to being sure that Giuliani was going to win, saying Ron Paul had no possibility of beating either of them (which he went on to do)? In 2011, did you think it was too late for all other contenders besides Cain? Oh yeah, Trump had a time at the top in 2011 too, before he dropped out before a single caucus or primary.

cindy25
08-19-2015, 09:35 AM
but neither Palin nor Beck were ready to make an endorsement.

AuH20
08-19-2015, 09:35 AM

This poll was taken on Jun 24th before Trump really took off. He was losing to HRC 45/42 in Kentucky.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2015/PPP_Release_KY_62415.pdf

William R
08-19-2015, 09:36 AM
The base of the party will not support Trump. Don't be ridiculous.

Yes they will. I've been involved in GOP politics since 1964 when I was a volunteer for the Goldwater campaign. Twenty years later I was a Reagan delegate at the 1984 GOP convention in Dallas . Now all I do is focus on local issues. I know the base of the GOP and I've never seen them this angry. They don't want anything to do with the establishment Chamber of Commerce wing of the GOP. They will not vote for Bush, Rubio etc etc. And Rand might fit into that group as well.

erowe1
08-19-2015, 09:54 AM
Yes they will. I've been involved in GOP politics since 1964 when I was a volunteer for the Goldwater campaign. Twenty years later I was a Reagan delegate at the 1984 GOP convention in Dallas . Now all I do is focus on local issues. I know the base of the GOP and I've never seen them this angry. They don't want anything to do with the establishment Chamber of Commerce wing of the GOP. They will not vote for Bush, Rubio etc etc. And Rand might fit into that group as well.

How many times since 1980 has the GOP base supported a pro-abortion candidate?

William R
08-19-2015, 09:57 AM
In Wake Of Cantor’s Defeat, Rand Paul Says He’s Still For Immigration Reform

The tea party senator rejects immigration hawks’ argument that the Virginia race was a referendum on the issue. “I say everywhere I go that I am for immigration reform.”

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/rand-paul-says-cantors-defeat-had-nothing-to-do-with-immigra#.nl7NmG2Xq

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2014/06/11/rand-paul-cantors-loss-no-reason-to-stop-talking-immigration

Rand Rand Rand. How wrong you were. Still donated the maximum to his campaign in 2015. But his one big talking point that he's the most electable Republican has vanished in recent polls. He's behind Hilly in swing states.

Rad
08-19-2015, 09:58 AM
I think you guys give the base and the pundits too much credit. They have to herd the Christian Zionist vote away from Trump to a more controlled candidate. Rand refuses to speak truth to power on terrorism and the Iranian nuclear program. He can sound tough by being honest but instead he wants to blend in. He doesn't have to be a non-interventionist to do it. He doesn't want to sound as crazy as the others because he wants to keep his dad's followers (he has lost those who cared about foreign policy so he should just cut it them loose with a huge break). He wants to be middle of the road which just isn't exciting and he isn't pulling it off. He is coming off as an Al Gore/Romney flip flop brown noser and that just isn't what he needs. If he wanted attention he should say "my dad is wrong on foreign policy, Bill Kristol is right, and we should lay waste and regime change all of those who are against Israel, starting with the US by electing me and then Iran." He can say he is tired of carrying water for his dad, and his isolationist anti-Semitic supporters. Then Beck and Palin, the Neocons etc will pay attention to him. He will get interviews on TV and leave Trump in the dust. Rand, what changed your mind they will say? He can say "I always felt this way but felt trapped because I love my dad and campaigned for him and spread his false message and it stuck to me like poop on a baby's butt." He can say, "I supported the Iraq war, the surge worked, Obama let the gains die by not forcing the Iraqis to let us stay with impunity." He can say, "when I come in office, Iran has one month to agree to end their nuclear weapons program or there will be war if I can get enough votes in Congress to declare war. We will put the dissidents into FEMA camps run by Wesley Clark."

erowe1
08-19-2015, 10:01 AM
In Wake Of Cantor’s Defeat, Rand Paul Says He’s Still For Immigration Reform

The tea party senator rejects immigration hawks’ argument that the Virginia race was a referendum on the issue. “I say everywhere I go that I am for immigration reform.”

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/rand-paul-says-cantors-defeat-had-nothing-to-do-with-immigra#.nl7NmG2Xq

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2014/06/11/rand-paul-cantors-loss-no-reason-to-stop-talking-immigration

Rand Rand Rand. How wrong you were. Still donated the maximum to his campaign in 2015. But his one big talking point that he's the most electable Republican has vanished in recent polls. He's behind Hilly in swing states.

He'll get back up there. The support for Iran sanctions hurt him. But he's playing his cards right on the immigration issue and most other things.

garyallen59
08-19-2015, 10:02 AM
Ok. Beck has always favored Cruz over Rand this is not a new revelation. But he is also always very positive towards Rand and so are Pat and Stu. I believe you are sensationalizing just a little.

Christian Liberty
08-19-2015, 10:04 AM
Of course. Yeah, I heard him talk up Rand a couple times. But whenever it came to the question of whether or not he'd support him, he was always pretty unenthused.

I think the reason he picked now to endorse Cruz is because he was waiting to make sure he could safely predict that it was unlikely Cruz could actually win the nomination. Beck's objective is not to help the one he endorses win, but to use his endorsement to draw votes away from other conservative challengers to the establishment candidates, whom he actually supports.

Do you have any proof of this? I'm definitely not Beck's biggest fan but he has sounded reasonably good on certain issues at times when I have listened to him. Not ideal, but much better than your average establishment candidate. is there proof that he's really just lying?

How many times since 1980 has the GOP base supported a pro-abortion candidate?

In the general election? Every single time :p

In the primary? Not sure.

Brian4Liberty
08-19-2015, 10:05 AM

Off topic. That has nothing to do with Beck endorsing Cruz. And Cruz has called for increasing H1B visas by 500%. It's not about immigration.

Brian4Liberty
08-19-2015, 10:11 AM
I think you guys give the base and the pundits too much credit. They have to herd the Christian Zionist vote away from Trump to a more controlled candidate.

More like it.

Pastor Beck has one overriding priority when it comes to candidates, and Cruz won that contest a long time ago:

The "I love Israel more than you do" contest (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?476040-The-quot-I-love-Israel-more-than-you-do-quot-contest)

Rad
08-19-2015, 10:20 AM
More like it.

Pastor Beck has one overriding priority when it comes to candidates, and Cruz won that contest a long time ago:

The "I love Israel more than you do" contest (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?476040-The-quot-I-love-Israel-more-than-you-do-quot-contest)Exactly. Rand isn't going to win that contest without some major attention getting moves which can nullify earlier positions and things he has been quoted saying. He is then going to have to out Israel the rest of them. I think the supporters he has now will stick with him no matter his foreign policy. He has lost what he is going to lose from his father's supporters. If he wants to expand his base by being like the rest he is going to have to do a serious break over his dad's foreign policy. Most of the articles I see seem critical about his foreign policy and how it isn't energizing anyone. He has made his choice. He needs to run with it. He is smart enough to develop a more nuanced understanding and find ways to support Israel even more than the rest.

kahless
08-19-2015, 10:25 AM
From my point of view the headline reads, "Traitor Glenn Beck, has now officially declared another traitor: Cruz is his man".

I can forgive but will never forget what Glenn Beck did to Debra Medina.

I will also never forget that traitor to the American people Ted Cruz, proposes a %500 increase in H-1B immigration.

CPUd
08-19-2015, 10:30 AM
Do you have any proof of this? I'm definitely not Beck's biggest fan but he has sounded reasonably good on certain issues at times when I have listened to him. Not ideal, but much better than your average establishment candidate. is there proof that he's really just lying?

There are tons of threads in here from 2012 and probably 2008, here's a good starting point:
https://www.google.com/#q=he%27s+coming+around+site:ronpaulforums.com

Last cycle, it was all about Santorum until it was all about Mitt.

TaftFan
08-19-2015, 10:31 AM
Cruz doesn't have McConnell hanging over his head, so for a hardline conservative the choice isn't too difficult. Which is why I keep saying if Rand wants to win he must ditch Mitch.

Rad
08-19-2015, 10:32 AM
From my point of view the headline reads, "Traitor Glenn Beck, has now officially declared another traitor: Cruz is his man".

I can forgive but will never forget what Glenn Beck did to Debra Medina.

I will also never forget that traitor to the American people Ted Cruz, proposes a %500 increase in H-1B immigration.His audience is made up of evangelicals: http://www.npr.org/2012/09/21/161495610/smaller-audience-bigger-payoff-for-glenn-beck

Cruz is considered a Libertarian. Libertarians like immigration. The closest ones to Paleocons are Trump, Bernie, and Paul.

Brian4Liberty
08-19-2015, 10:36 AM
Exactly. Rand isn't going to win that contest without some major attention getting moves which can nullify earlier positions and things he has been quoted saying. He is then going to have to out Israel the rest of them. I think the supporters he has now will stick with him no matter his foreign policy. He has lost what he is going to lose from his father's supporters. If he wants to expand his base by being like the rest he is going to have to do a serious break over his dad's foreign policy. Most of the articles I see seem critical about his foreign policy and how it isn't energizing anyone. He has made his choice. He needs to run with it. He is smart enough to develop a more nuanced understanding and find ways to support Israel even more than the rest.

No, he doesn't. He will never "out-Israel" people like Cruz, Graham, Rubio and Fiorina. It's impossible. All he could do is match them, but they will still never quite beleive him. It would be a futile attempt.

Rand is pro-Israel already. He has made that case. No need to make a pandering fool out of yourself. They (people like Beck) hesitate on Rand because they think he won't be hawkish enough and threaten to go to war at every turn. Trump made the same anti-war case as Ron on Iraq, and he is getting plenty of support.

kahless
08-19-2015, 10:38 AM
His audience is made up of evangelicals: http://www.npr.org/2012/09/21/161495610/smaller-audience-bigger-payoff-for-glenn-beck

Cruz is considered a Libertarian. Libertarians like immigration. The closest ones to Paleocons are Trump, Bernie, and Paul.

I find him entertaining but realize Preacher Beck is no different from a charleton TV evangelist. I liked his FNC show and thought he had come around until he eventually proved to everyone he is a fraud.

CPUd
08-19-2015, 10:38 AM
from FB...

A: I don't like Rand Paul's foreign policy!
B: Really? You don't like his push to defund enemies of the US?
A: No, I do like that, I just don't like his foreign policy.
B: So you don't like that he opposes funding BOTH sides of wars?
A: No, I agree with him on that too. I just don't agree with his foreign policy.
B: So you don't like how he opposes the UN and wants the US out of it?
A: No, I do like that about him, I just don't like his foreign policy.
B: So you don't like that he wants more spying on foreign terrorists and less spying on innocent Americans?
A: No, I agree with him there too. I just don't like his foreign policy.
B: So you don't like that Rand thinks our $18 trillion dollar debt makes us slaves to the communist dictators we borrow from and reduces our power over them?
A: No, I agree with him that being in debt weakens us. But I don't like his foreign policy.
B: So you don't like how he wants those leading the fight against ISIS to be the Arab people who live in that part of the world?
A: No, that sounds pretty good. But I don't like his foreign policy.
B: So you don't like how he wants us to return to the constitution and have congress be in charge of declaring war, which we have not done since WW2?
A: That is definitely what I like, but I don't like his foreign policy.
B: So you don't like how he stood up to Pres. Obama, Sec. Kerry, and Sen. McCain and kept us from invading Syria, thereby helping ISIS?
A: I didn't know about that, and I like it, but I just don't like his foreign policy.
B: So, you don't like his attitude that if he would not send his own kids into battle, he will not support allowing any American kids into a fight?
A: I definitely support that, all lives matter. I just don't like his foreign policy.
B: So, you don't like him trying to prevent us from being in a state of perpetual war, and seeing war as a last resort instead of a first resort -- with emphasis on a 'Peace Through Strength' policy?
A: No, I like that because 'Peace Through Strength' was what Ronald Reagan believed in. I just don't like Rand's foreign policy.
B: So tell me again why you don't like Rand Paul's foreign policy?
A: ...I just don't like his foreign policy.

kahless
08-19-2015, 10:39 AM

That never gets old since it is so spot on.

LatinsforPaul
08-19-2015, 10:41 AM
Cruz is considered a Libertarian.

Hilarious :D:D:D:D

Rad
08-19-2015, 10:57 AM
Hilarious :D:D:D:D
Its what they say: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=ted+cruz+libertarian&t=ffsb

Rad
08-19-2015, 11:02 AM
...They don't like his dad's foreign policy and Rand has not effectively broke from it.

AuH20
08-19-2015, 11:03 AM
They don't like his dad's foreign policy and Rand has not effectively broke from it.

It has more to do than that. Rand has basically the same foreign policy when was the front-runner in March.

Rad
08-19-2015, 11:21 AM
It has more to do than that. Rand has basically the same foreign policy when was the front-runner in March.Obama hurt Rand by making the Iran deal. More people came in though right? Better fits perhaps? Hawks without the Ron Paul baggage. They all kind of blend in except for Trump. Its clear why Trump is #1. He doesn't come across as mealy mouthed. He stole all the oxygen in the room.

erowe1
08-19-2015, 11:28 AM
They don't like his dad's foreign policy and Rand has not effectively broke from it.

As that dialogue showed, they're a lot closer to both Rand's and his dad's foreign policy than they are to any other Republicans.

Every other GOP candidate supports every single item these folks claim to oppose.

Rad
08-19-2015, 11:48 AM
As that dialogue showed, they're a lot closer to both Rand's and his dad's foreign policy than they are to any other Republicans.

Every other GOP candidate supports every single item these folks claim to oppose.Rand is too far away from his dad and too far away from the other Republicans to get them excited from what I've read. Trump is against the Iraq war. He supports talking with Russia. He plans on implementing the deal with Iran even though he is against it. He sounds a bit like Ron too. Confrontation with Iran and Russia are the biggies. They can fight back!

AuH20
08-19-2015, 11:54 AM
Rand is too far away from his dad and too far away from the other Republicans to get them excited from what I've read. Trump is against the Iraq war. He supports talking with Russia. He plans on implementing the deal with Iran even though he is against it. He sounds a bit like Ron too. Confrontation with Iran and Russia are the biggies. They can fight back!

Trump has been a reform party candidate for a long time.

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
08-19-2015, 11:56 AM
Of course Beck supports the ineligible usurper Canada Ted. Beck is and has always been a disingenuous, anti-American scumbag.

Oh, I am soooooooooo shocked.

cajuncocoa
08-19-2015, 11:58 AM
His audience is made up of evangelicals: http://www.npr.org/2012/09/21/161495610/smaller-audience-bigger-payoff-for-glenn-beck

And I'm considered a supermodel. LOL

Rad
08-19-2015, 12:03 PM
And I'm considered a supermodel. LOLThe media said it. I think the word is losing its meaning.

REP. MICHAEL GRIMM (R-NY): I would say Senator Ted Cruz is much more of a libertarian than he is a Republican. And that's -- you know, again, a challenge for the Republican party, is that we have many libertarians that run under the banner of Republican, but they are not historically Republicans. They don't consider themselves true Republicans. They consider themselves libertarian, so I think Senator Cruz is a libertarian and I think that he has views that represent maybe 12, 13% of our country, but certainly not mainstream America, especially independents that don't consider themselves Republican or Democrat.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/09/25/gop_congressman_cruz_is_a_libertarian_not_a_mainst ream_republican.html

twomp
08-19-2015, 01:26 PM

The base of the party are made up of a bunch of morons. Just look at who they are currently supporting and have supported for the past 20 years as evidence of this.

erowe1
08-19-2015, 01:38 PM
Rand is too far away from his dad and too far away from the other Republicans to get them excited from what I've read. Trump is against the Iraq war. He supports talking with Russia. He plans on implementing the deal with Iran even though he is against it. He sounds a bit like Ron too. Confrontation with Iran and Russia are the biggies. They can fight back!

You're delusional. Are you another Trump troll?

Rad
08-19-2015, 02:17 PM
You're delusional. Are you another Trump troll?Its what Trump said (not being close to Ron part though but he is closer than most). He said the Iran deal is a done deal and he would police that contract like no ones business. He wants to be buddies with Putin and unload Ukraine onto the EU. That is another plus. He said the Iraq war was a mistake. Another plus. He's a typical republican with a hairbrained scheme on ISIS.

Its not my fault Trump has taken some interesting positions. I'm just waiting for a better deal from you know who.

AuH20
08-19-2015, 02:19 PM
Its what Trump said (not being close to Ron part though but he is closer than most). He said the Iran deal is a done deal and he would police that contract like no ones business. He wants to be buddies with Putin and unload Ukraine onto the EU. That is another plus. He said the Iraq war was a mistake. Another plus. He's a typical republican with a hairbrained scheme on ISIS.

Its not my fault Trump has taken some interesting positions. I'm just waiting for a better deal from you know who.

All true I might add.

devil21
08-19-2015, 04:32 PM
He's comin around!

Again.

Bastiat's The Law
08-19-2015, 11:35 PM
He supported Santorum last election.

TaftFan
08-20-2015, 12:16 AM
He's comin around!

Again.

I don't think people here actually understand Beck.

He is not an establishment traitor. He will also never be a Ron Paul libertarian. He's a culturally conservative guy with a lot of libertarian leanings, moreso than most people. He is a talking head and thinker with his own media empire, so he isn't always going do what people expect.

People waiting for him to "come around" or "backstab" both have him wrong.

William Tell
08-20-2015, 12:24 AM

He is not an establishment traitor. He will also never be a Ron Paul libertarian. He's a culturally conservative guy with a lot of libertarian leanings, moreso than most people. He is a talking head and thinker with his own media empire, so he isn't always going do what people expect.

He has an eerie habit of leaning towards people like the Paul's until it really matters.

devil21
08-20-2015, 01:22 AM

He's another AIPAC lackey. Nothing more.

Glenn Beck at Christians United for Israel/AIPAC convention in Sheldon Adelson's territory of Vegas. Glenn is proud and humbled to be there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-pra7Rnz8o

CUFI documentary. US Politicians saying they hope the world ends tomorrow. What they don't say is they want many people, Israelis included, to die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjMRgT5o-Ig

Brett85
08-20-2015, 03:37 AM
Well, better than Trump.

Brett85
08-20-2015, 03:40 AM
Its what Trump said (not being close to Ron part though but he is closer than most). He said the Iran deal is a done deal and he would police that contract like no ones business. He wants to be buddies with Putin and unload Ukraine onto the EU. That is another plus. He said the Iraq war was a mistake. Another plus. He's a typical republican with a hairbrained scheme on ISIS.

Trump is a delusional warmonger who wants to reinvade Iraq to take their oil. He also takes foreign policy advice from John Bolton. He would have us involved in numerous trillion dollar wars if he were President.

CaptUSA
08-20-2015, 04:33 AM
Cruz's donors are worse.

For some unfathomable reason, you seem to believe that. Listen, imagine taking one of those donors that you think are worse, and instead of him giving money to Cruz, he decides to get in the race himself and cuts out the middle-man. <-- THAT is Donald Trump.

Geez, Au, wake the f**k up! You are under some strange kind of spell. Splash some water in your face and THINK for a minute. Turn off your media and just THINK. Don't even respond to this post - just try to take some time to consider your premises.

H. E. Panqui
08-20-2015, 06:14 AM
taft fan limbaughs: I don't think people here actually understand Beck.

:rolleyes:

....like you know him personally...riiiight...;)

...beck is a stinking "conservative" republican cheerleader...always has been...another puppet fool who works his foaming gob about illion$...worse than clueless as to the origin and nature of even one...

...stinking beck exposes his 'republican freak thing' the closer it gets to election...remember the eave of 2012 election?...he was sobbing and pleading for people to vote for 'the modern day george washington: mitt stinking romney...

...beck is yet another republicrat puppet piece of sh!t operative...anyone who thinks beck's approval is a good thing is a pitiful intellectual munchkin...and/or a sleazeball...YUCK!..:(

erowe1
08-20-2015, 06:34 AM
Do you have any proof of this?

It's what he did in 2012.