PDA

View Full Version : Our meetup group was mentioned on the Radio!

Kandilynn
06-28-2007, 05:38 PM
Our meetup group spent Tuesday outside of Regent University holding up Ron Paul signs and informing the general public about Ron Paul. We were hoping that since Guiliani was inside that we could get someone in there to cover us as well. We didn't have much luck in that department. But today on Tommy & Rumble, the #1 morning show in Hampton Roads, they said they drove by and saw a crowd supporting Ron Paul. This is third hand paraphrasing, but I still think it was cool that we were mentioned. The person who told me this said that they think one of the hosts seemed like he was a supporter.

So, let me tell you about our Rally. We were on a very busy road very close to the entrance to Regent University. We had between 25 and 30 people there holding signs and some of the traffic slowed down to read the signs. We got a lot of honks and thumbs ups. We never got the opportunity to see Guiliani, but I think we made a good impression. The police were called on us, and they came out and made sure that we were not on private property. They informed us of where the sidewalk ends, and they told us all of the things we were allowed to do. A member brought a bull-horn and we told everyone about Ron Paul's voting record and his stances on everything. One old lady rolled down her window and told us we were too young to know anything. For the most part, other than a massive sunburn, I had a great day.
And for your viewing pleasure...pics! http://davidicdesign.com/files/ronpaul/

MsDoodahs
06-28-2007, 05:41 PM
Congratulations, y'all did GREAT!

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-28-2007, 05:47 PM
Beautiful! Let's do this all over the country. Right now, that's the only way we're getting Ron Paul talked about -- sheer muscle.

angrydragon
06-28-2007, 05:47 PM
Hahah the old lady has to be a Bush supporter.

Nice job guys.

UCFGavin
06-28-2007, 05:54 PM
should have told the old lady "yeah, and you're too old to be driving"

beermotor
06-28-2007, 06:06 PM
should have told the old lady "yeah, and you're too old to be driving"

PWNT.

Chibioz
06-28-2007, 06:13 PM
I'm glad you all made it on the radio. Good work!

WannaBfree
06-28-2007, 06:24 PM
Good goin'! :)

pennycat
06-28-2007, 06:38 PM
Keep on Keeping on ;-)
And I'm so glad you posted this, it will inspire me to do like-wise.

PatriotOne
06-28-2007, 06:41 PM
fantatiic Kandi! I love seeing that stuff. Were the constraints very rigid by the police or did they seem reasonable?

Kandilynn
06-28-2007, 07:17 PM
fantatiic Kandi! I love seeing that stuff. Were the constraints very rigid by the police or did they seem reasonable?

They were really reasonable. They told us not to barricade or block the sidewalk and to stay off of the Regent University property. I think the guy from Regent University was a little unreasonable, but the police were nice.

JoshLowry
06-28-2007, 07:20 PM
Great pics and nice work!

WannaBfree
06-28-2007, 07:30 PM
I guess I missed the pics earlier, but I just looked at them. Wonderful! I love the handmade signs! Every time I see pictures like this I get all choked up.
Thanks for sharing.

PatriotOne
06-28-2007, 07:34 PM
They were really reasonable. They told us not to barricade or block the sidewalk and to stay off of the Regent University property. I think the guy from Regent University was a little unreasonable, but the police were nice.

That's good. Nice to hear a non-thug account of the police once in awhile :) Hopefully the Iowa rally this weekend will get the same treatment.

austinphish
06-28-2007, 08:00 PM
Sweet.

One of the Austin Radio commercials they had on the other day, the ones that are clips from the local programming, was of a big name talk guy in Austin, Jeff Ward, talking about his typical Austin experience:
"I went to Barton Springs and swam some laps, and then went to the Smoothie Shop down the road with the big Ron Paul sign out front....typical Austin experience"

One of the guys in our group put up that sign he was talking about (it helped that Jeff Ward is a big Ron Paul supporter).