PDA

View Full Version : It has actually gotten to this !! Unbelievable !!

Dianne
08-14-2015, 08:03 PM
Lincoln County, North Carolina. I'm sure you guys have heard of it... the booming metropolitan county of Lincoln. The PC police there, have decided it proper to have Muslim invocations. You know the county is so big.... people flock there from China, Europe, and all over the world to sip a snow cone at the local 7/11 store. I think the entire Lincoln County population was at this County Commission meeting, with the Muslim invocation tonight .... all 37 of them. Is this the United States of America anymore? Is the USA already gone, and we are in denial?

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/commissioner-not-present-during-muslim-invocation/nnKjh/

LINCOLN COUNTY, N.C. —

A Lincoln County commission meeting was held where the chairman wasn't present during its first Muslim invocation.

The invocation went on for more than two minutes. Once it was over, chair Carrol Mitchem took his seat, but his absence was not addressed until the end of the meeting.

After that exchange, commissioners banned prayer from the start of the meetings and instead will have a moment of silence.

The board voted months ago to allow anyone in the faith community to lead the invocation.

At the time, Mitchem told Channel 9 he would walk out if a Muslim led the prayer, and as a video shows, he was not present for the prayer.
- See more at: http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/commissioner-not-present-during-muslim-invocation/nnKjh/#sthash.wnahBfbi.dpuf

fr33
08-14-2015, 08:09 PM
That's what you get when you combine government with religion. You're only outraged when it's not your religion being represented by the government officials. You want to be the bully forcing your beliefs on others and can't stand to be on the receiving end for once.

timosman
08-14-2015, 08:34 PM
The opening ceremony prayers are everywhere. Sometimes the preachers even praise council members alleging some kind of connection between the God and those in power. This shit needs to stop.

idiom
08-15-2015, 03:04 AM
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Guess what sort of meetings I chair ;)

libertariantexas
08-20-2015, 04:50 AM
Get rid of the quibbling over which religion to "pray" over by just getting rid of the ridiculous prayers of all religions at these events.

Acala
08-20-2015, 08:59 AM
Ah, so nice to be among friends who instantly realize that there shouldn't BE an invocation.

jonhowe
08-20-2015, 12:30 PM
The opening ceremony prayers are everywhere. Sometimes the preachers even praise council members alleging some kind of connection between the God and those in power. This shit needs to stop.

After that exchange, commissioners banned prayer from the start of the meetings and instead will have a moment of silence.

It has, at least in this case.