PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul: The Party of Tomorrow

LatinsforPaul
08-13-2015, 12:33 PM
The Party of Tomorrow (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sen-rand-paul/the-party-of-tomorrow_b_7983952.html?1439487980)

We live in the greatest, freest, richest, most humanitarian country on earth -- and I'll be damned if I sit around and watch my generation screw up the future of our nation's young people.

When I visit college campuses, I am encouraged. The students I meet are among the most passionate defenders of liberty anywhere.

I'm running for president to protect economic and personal liberty so that your generation can make the most out of your lives in a way you see fit.

I believe the path forward for our country -- and the Republican Party -- is rooted in respecting the Constitution and acknowledging the dignity of the individual. If the Republicans want to be the party of tomorrow, it needs ideas that excite young people. Only a candidate who is a socially tolerant, fiscally responsible and principled leader can reinvigorate the Republican brand.

Starting today, we are launching "Students For Rand" and will be recruiting the "300 in 30" initiative. We have the goal of starting 300 chapters in just 30 days to show how strong the youth support is for my presidential campaign.

We must stand for something so powerful and so popular that it brings people together -- whether they lean left, right or find themselves squarely in the middle. My message of liberty, opportunity, and justice is for all has resonated everywhere, especially in the places Republicans are too scared to go, such as Detroit, the South Side of Chicago, Ferguson, or even UC Berkeley.

Government has no business in your business, period.

Continue reading: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sen-rand-paul/the-party-of-tomorrow_b_7983952.html?1439487980

Ronin Truth
08-13-2015, 02:38 PM
Some would call it a party of the last millennium. Just like the other one.

heavenlyboy34
08-13-2015, 02:51 PM
Some would call it a party of the last millennium. Just like the other one.

That^^ For a site that venerates the FF's so much, there's an awful lot of talk and obsessing about something most of them didn't like (political parties).

eleganz
08-13-2015, 03:04 PM
HuffPo doesn't seem like a good top choice to be talking to Republicans on...

Wonder what reason the team chose to release that statement on HP...

phill4paul
08-13-2015, 03:05 PM
Tom Tomorrow hates Rand.

wizardwatson
08-13-2015, 03:09 PM
Oh...

THAT kind of party.

Nevermind.

:(

Ronin Truth
08-13-2015, 03:12 PM
That^^ For a site that venerates the FF's so much, there's an awful lot of talk and obsessing about something most of them didn't like (political parties).

The Federalists sure liked their's ...................... for a short while.

heavenlyboy34
08-13-2015, 03:16 PM
The Federalists sure liked their's ...................... for a short while.

Yup, but I seem to recall them being a relative minority-mostly representing scammers susceptible to the utter bullshit claims in their papers and some other pet issues...like all things related to cartelizatoin of political power.

CPUd
08-13-2015, 04:46 PM

he goes to places other Republicans won't go...

enhanced_deficit
08-13-2015, 05:03 PM

HP much of times has left leaning/partisan bent but now and then they harshly criticize dgp too unlike much of the left leaning media.

Dianne
08-13-2015, 05:11 PM
I hate to be Debbie Downer, but is "there a tomorrow" ?

Ronin Truth
08-14-2015, 07:28 AM
I hate to be Debbie Downer, but is "there a tomorrow" ?

Little Orphan Annie says .............

RabbitMan
08-14-2015, 10:02 AM
Eek! So much hatred spewing from the comments. It's insane, who has time to waste like that?

One thing in particular I noticed he keeps doing is not mentioning that his Flat Tax (a) eliminates the NOT progressive payroll tax and (b) adds a progressive flat tax that helps the poor and actually funds safety net programs.

He needs to emphasize this to his audiences because it makes him and his program sound A LOT more well thought out and not like typical republi-blather.

WeTheVigilant
08-14-2015, 11:31 AM
Eek! So much hatred spewing from the comments. It's insane, who has time to waste like that?

One thing in particular I noticed he keeps doing is not mentioning that his Flat Tax (a) eliminates the NOT progressive payroll tax and (b) adds a progressive flat tax that helps the poor and actually funds safety net programs.

He needs to emphasize this to his audiences because it makes him and his program sound A LOT more well thought out and not like typical republi-blather.

They're ignorant fools, don't worry about them.

This was a wonderful excerpt that got me, as a college student, very excited to help support the campaign in any way possible. Rand is the only Republican that will be able to resonate with young audiences, much like his father. Great idea by the campaign to go after college students.