PDA

View Full Version : Two shot in Ferguson as police 'come under heavy gunfire'

Mach
08-10-2015, 02:33 AM
Two shot in Ferguson as police 'come under heavy gunfire' on day of protest to mark one-year anniversary of Michael Brown's death

GRAPHIC CONTENT WARNING: Harrowing video surfaced on Sunday night of a man who was shot in Ferguson

Footage shows a black man lying face down on the floor with his hands cuffed behind his back and a large blood stain on his torso

A police officer stands over him with his gun drawn but does not assist him and the man's girlfriend was reportedly led away from the scene in tears

The St Louis Police Department confirmed a shooting in a statement on Sunday night, less than an hour after shots rang out as hundreds had gathered to mark the anniversary

The police department tweeted that at least two unmarked cars were hit by gunfire

Hundreds of people had marched, prayed and observed a moment of silence in Ferguson for the anniversary

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3191882/Looting-breaks-Ferguson-day-protest-mark-one-year-anniversary-Michael-Brown-s-death.html

;)

Weston White
08-10-2015, 03:46 AM
Supposedly this man was Michael's friend: Friend of Michael Brown shot by police in Ferguson after he used a stolen handgun to fire on officers during a protest to mark the one-year anniversary of the 18-year-old's controversial death (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3191882/Looting-breaks-Ferguson-day-protest-mark-one-year-anniversary-Michael-Brown-s-death.html)

tod evans
08-10-2015, 05:29 AM
Best picture in the article;

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/08/10/05/2B36FBD400000578-3191882-Stuffed_The_pig_was_seen_with_an_apple_in_its_math _and_the_phras-a-49_1439180061570.jpg

paleocon1
08-10-2015, 07:27 AM
Good for the Cops on this one.

Weston White
08-10-2015, 11:00 AM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/08/10/05/2383EA2000000578-3191882-In_the_wake_of_the_killing_followed_a_complete_bre akdown_in_trus-a-63_1439180062283.jpg

MIC, MIC, gotta love it, my MIC
MIC on you, MIC on me
Americans all love that I'm MIC
Good for you, good for me, our MIC
Blow em' away the MIC
Bleed em' out the MIC
Hook em' up the MIC
Better them than me
Parade the MIC
Praise my MIC
Expand our MIC
Good for you, good for me, the MIC
SWAT, VIPER, VCIT, FBI, TSA, SS, Marshals keep em’ all coming
Gimme me more MIC
Make em' hard-core
Gotta love it, my MIC

fisharmor
08-10-2015, 11:34 AM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/08/10/05/2383EA2000000578-3191882-In_the_wake_of_the_killing_followed_a_complete_bre akdown_in_trus-a-63_1439180062283.jpg

Every picture like this which I see tells me the same story.
The story is this: these guys are given no training in the use of any of this equipment.

Let's just review the front (visible) row.

From the left:
#1: Your chin is exposed. Like, really exposed. Your helmet is too high on your head and can be used for even greater leverage than normal.

#2: Your thigh is hanging too low, and where the hell is your knee? Is it doubled under, or did you just leave it off and you're expecting the thigh to cover it? If this guy has to run, he's going to trip over his own equipment. Come to think of it, #1's legs are off by a good bit too.

#3: Your shoulders are too far back. Not sure how many skulls you're actually going to crack when you can't move your arm properly. Also, we've introduced a second style of face shield here which may be the same one only not installed properly... and in any case, that's a nice big gap to get sticks or blades up into.

#4: You know, everyone's legs are low. I'm wondering if the manufacturer didn't cut it around the crotch sufficiently, or maybe their tacticool pants bunch up there, or, most likely, none of these assholes have any idea what footwork even is, let alone why they'd need it when in formation.
But #4, your primary sin is that your breastplate isn't curving on your body properly. Very few baton strikes are going to find their mark without you shoving your equipment around.

#5: Legs too low, and your shoulders are too high. This is going to limit your head movement. Also, you have a similar problem to 1,3,5, and 6, in that you're not wearing any hand protection. One lucky swipe with a knife and you're going to go crying to your medic like a little bitch.

#6: Are there multiple sizes of shoulders here? He needs a smaller size obviously.

But now that you've all been looking at individual kits... look at their feet. There's a top of the foot pad which isn't attached on a single cop here. Makes me wonder if their boots are even tied.

Pictures like this are intended to impress and terrify, but the reality is, your average high school marching band has better discipline than these jackasses.
They're certainly not within miles of ready for a days-long encounter while wearing their gear. You'd lose 25% in the first two days just to blisters from their own equipment.

If any of these units ever encountered serious resistance, out come the pistols and they would just blast their way out of it. And if that's the game they are playing, then none of this equipment is really good for anything.

CaptUSA
08-10-2015, 11:39 AM
"Heavy Gunfire"

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-dxDfiNCkl1I/Uz1p1mp3cTI/AAAAAAAACg8/msm8r0O_lvY/s1600/crockett1.jpg

JK/SEA
08-10-2015, 01:02 PM
Good for the Cops on this one.

only if you're talking about that roasted pig, then yeah...i agree...bon apetit...

enhanced_deficit
08-10-2015, 03:16 PM
Ferguson 2.0 is here?

tod evans
08-10-2015, 03:26 PM
Two shot in Ferguson as police 'come under heavy gunfire'

"Heavy gunfire", even Up-Nawth in the city, will leave bacon in the streets.

The folks I know up that way have the ability to punch holes in kevlar...

More sensationalist BS.....

ZENemy
08-10-2015, 03:28 PM
Heavy fire or some folks popping bubble wrap down the street?

Uriel999
08-10-2015, 05:04 PM
Figures....I have to travel to St. Louis tomorrow on business. I'll be 11 miles away from all that....not far enough.

CPUd
08-10-2015, 05:52 PM
Heavy fire or some folks popping bubble wrap down the street?

Last year, they jumped off because of a plastic water bottle hitting the ground.