PDA

View Full Version : A Vietnam Vet on Rudy and Ron

sifupaul
05-18-2007, 08:38 PM
May 18, 2007
A Vietnam Vet on Rudy and Ron
Posted by Lew Rockwell at May 18, 2007 08:25 AM original link - http://blog.lewrockwell.com/lewrw/archives/013073.html#more

Writes John F. Rosina: "Thank you for casting light upon the terrible 'sound bite' injustice foisted upon Congressman Paul by Rudy Giuliani and Fox marionette news-boy Sean Hannity. The incessant info-tainment hog-wash propagated by Rupert Murdoch's paid spin doctors is crippling the judgment of an already under-informed citizenry.

"As a Vietnam veteran (no hero story here), I did not comprehend the issues of the Vietnamese people until some 15 years after I had returned home. I did not agonize over this as a 20 year old. I was an American serviceman... It was a war zone and we were 'on-go'. Upon returning home and feeling very unwelcomed, I began an extended personal debriefing process. Recently, now aged 59, I heard a phone conversation between LBJ and MacNamara which was recorded in 1965 or 66. On this tape President Johnson was telling MacNamara that (sic) "we can't win this damn thing!" I was suddenly a 20 year old again - and trying to digest why a childhood friend had died in Nam 1968 and the war dragged on until 1975.

"We needed a Ron Paul then and we should be greatful we have him now. But pseudo-combat veterans like Giuliani will twist an inconvenient truth and then swear to the offensive nature of this truth. Fox and the Sean Hannity's of the corporate media will loop this bunk over and over until Mr. Paul is totally and unjustly villainized.

"Rudy boasts 'I was on the ground on 9/11'. Just what we need now, another 'Mission Accomplished' joker. Ooooooh! Scary big guy strolled around in the rubble, posing for the cameras. Why so? Because his Command and Control Center was unavailable to him. Against sound advice after the '93 bombing, he chose to maintain this critical security asset in the World Trade Center. That alone disqualifies him for serious consideration as my protector. And I do need protection...from posers like Mr. Guiliani and their trillion dollar phantom-security guard fees.

"Let me suggest that the difference between Rudy's 9/11 experience and the actual combat experience of an American serviceman in Iraq is that every day is a significant emotional event for the serviceman. On September 10, 2001, Mr. G. went to bed mentally and emotionally unfettered by personal threat of life and limb."

tnvoter
05-19-2007, 01:07 PM
May 18, 2007
A Vietnam Vet on Rudy and Ron
Posted by Lew Rockwell at May 18, 2007 08:25 AM original link - http://blog.lewrockwell.com/lewrw/archives/013073.html#more
"Let me suggest that the difference between Rudy's 9/11 experience and the actual combat experience of an American serviceman in Iraq is that every day is a significant emotional event for the serviceman. On September 10, 2001, Mr. G. went to bed mentally and emotionally unfettered by personal threat of life and limb."

truth