PDA

View Full Version : Weird NBC post debate poll; Trump 23%, Cruz 13%, Carson 11%, Fiorina 8%

jkob
08-09-2015, 04:04 PM
@ianbremmer

Post-Debate Poll (NBC)
Trump 23%
Cruz 13%
Carson 11%
Fiorina 8%
Rubio 8%
Bush 7%
Walker 7%

That's quite a 1, 2, 3...

Trump still standing, not good to see Fiorina so high, not idea how Cruz suddenly leaped to 13%, don't know where Rand is at yet but hopefully still in the top 10 obviously. Pretty shocking seeing all the establishment favorites so low but they all seem like duds, this race is still wide open considering their weaknesses. Perhaps the electability argument can work for Rand, he can try to position himself as the anti-establishment candidate with the most crossover appeal thus the best chance to win in the general election.

Still waiting for the fallout from Trump's Kelly comments, probably can't be accurately measured yet.

this was tweeted out, I don't think the actual poll has been released yet

[mod edit] Rand is at 5%, full results below:

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Sections/A_Politics/NBC-SM%20Post%20Debate%20Poll%208%2009%2015.pdf

AuH20
08-09-2015, 04:05 PM
Trump was leading Georgia at 30%. He's on a roll.

jkob
08-09-2015, 04:23 PM
Last NBC poll had it 19% Trump, 15% Walker, 14% Jeb, 10% Carson, 9% Cruz, 6% Paul, 6% Huckabee, 5% Rubio, and nil for Fiorina

Looks like Jeb and Walker were the big losers from Thursday night :D

jkob
08-09-2015, 04:33 PM
http://therig htscoop.com/nbcs-debate-poll-says-fiorina-trump-won-debates-cruz-and-carson-jump-in-general-race/

thought those numbers were weird, this explains it

these numbers are meaningless, my apologies!

AuH20
08-09-2015, 04:49 PM
Rand lost a percentage point.

David Sadler
08-09-2015, 04:54 PM
http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/new-nbc-news-survey-monkey-poll-donald-trump-still-lead-n406766

New NBC News/Survey Monkey Poll: Donald Trump Still in the Lead After Debates (http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/new-nbc-news-survey-monkey-poll-donald-trump-still-lead-n406766)
by Shawna Thomas and John Lapinski
NBC News
August 9, 2015

If Donald Trump's comments about Fox News Anchor Megyn Kelly are hurting his standing in the Republican primary, it's not showing in the numbers.

According to the latest NBC News Online Poll conducted by SurveyMonkey, Trump is at the top of the list of GOP candidates that Republican primary voters would cast a ballot for if the primary were being held right now.

The overnight poll was conducted for 24 hours from Friday evening into Saturday. During that period, Donald Trump stayed in the headlines due to his negative comments about Kelly and was dis-invited from a major conservative gathering in Atlanta.

None of that stopped Trump from coming in at the top of the poll with 23 percent. Sen. Ted Cruz was next on the list with 13 percent.

... During the Fox News debate Thursday evening, Trump was the only Republican candidate to say he would not rule out a run as an independent candidate. According to this poll, that's just fine with over half of his supporters. 54% of Trump supporters said they would vote for him for president, even if he didn't win the GOP nomination. About one in five Trump supporters said they would switch and support the eventual Republican candidate.

http://www.david-sadler.org/image/share/NBCnewsOnlineSurvey_20150809.JPG

People are fed up.

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
08-09-2015, 05:00 PM
Here on out, THEY will really be manipulating these polls in order to "vote" people out of the debates.

CaptUSA
08-09-2015, 05:05 PM
lol... Santorum to 0.

Just when you thought you couldn't sink any lower.

libertyplz
08-09-2015, 06:04 PM

I'm not sure what surveymonkey is, never heard of it, but is it at least more legitimate than the Drudge Polls where people can just repeatedly vote til their heart's content? Not sure I can place too much trust in online polls, otherwise Ron Paul would have been President, since Ron Paul fans owned the internet for most part :D

Brett85
08-09-2015, 06:14 PM
I'll do what I can to help Rand win, and I think he's by far the best candidate in the race. Having said that, I would rather have candidates like Cruz and Carson rise in the polls than have Bush, Walker, and Rubio rise in the polls. Bush, Walker and Rubio are truly boring establishment candidates who would change nothing if elected President.

jj-
08-09-2015, 06:21 PM
whining about polls, lol

libertyplz
08-09-2015, 06:26 PM
whining about polls, lol

Well, people do whine when they see a poll they don't like, I try not to do that. Can't keep your head in the sand and ignore it/ claim it's rigged when you don't get a result you like. If Polling numbers are bad means you gotta change something to improve. That said, online polls aren't accurate so I'm not sure how much stock I should put into it. If this particular poll does happen to be accurate, looks like Christie is gone

Edit: looked a little further into it, apparently nbc/Chuck Todd was getting a lot of flack for it and he responded (for whatever that's worth):

The NBC News/Surveymonkey.com online sampling released on Sunday found Trump atop the GOP field with 23 percent support, 10 points more than his nearest competitor.
The poll immediately drew criticism for its methodology, forcing ”Meet the Press” host Chuck Todd on the defensive.

“This is an online panel,” Todd tweeted. “This is not like a public survey monkey poll. Same company, but scientifically done.”

“[We have] been testing [an] online panel with them for nearly two years,” he said of NBC News’s coloration with Surveymonkey.com. “Not done for expediency.”

“Trust me, I have been skeptical,” added Todd. “This has been rigorously vetted.”

Todd aired a graphic during “Meet the Press” that said the poll, conducted Aug. 7-8, has a 3.4 percent margin of error. It is unclear how many participants are included in the sampling.

Would like to compare it to whenever the next poll using traditional methods comes out and see how similar the results are.

MrGoose
08-09-2015, 07:05 PM
Seeing how it's an "online" poll I'm not sure I'd take this seriously. Although if it's true Christie is out of the top 10.

Ronin Truth
08-09-2015, 07:07 PM
Trump #1, Bush and Walker Cratering (https://www.lewrockwell.com/political-theatre/changes-after-the-fox-debate/)

By Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr. (https://www.lewrockwell.com/author/lew-rockwell/?ptype=political-theater)

August 9, 2015

NBC News-Survey Monkey Poll (http://www.pdf.investintech.com/preview/33f7458c-3ec9-11e5-9555-002590d31986/index.html):

Trump +1% at 23%

Cruz +7% at 13%

Carson +3% at 11%

Fiorina +6% at 8%

Rubio unchanged at 8%

Bush -3% at 7%

Walker -3% at 7%

Huckabee +1% at 5%

Paul -1% at 5%

Click on the link above to see the zeros.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/political-theatre/changes-after-the-fox-debate/

r3volution 3.0
08-09-2015, 07:10 PM
O look, Lew slobbering on Trump's knob again.

Fuck you Lew.

libertyplz
08-09-2015, 07:12 PM
Both good and bad news in this poll if this poll is accurate. Good that Bush and Walker declining, bad that Rand isn't improving. It's an online poll though, and online polls usually aren't accurate, that said, NBC/Chuck Todd are adamant that this is a more scientific online poll, so take it for what it's worth (I happen to put little stock in it, I want to compare it to other poll results that will hopefully be released soon).

The NBC News/Surveymonkey.com online sampling released on Sunday found Trump atop the GOP field with 23 percent support, 10 points more than his nearest competitor.
The poll immediately drew criticism for its methodology, forcing ”Meet the Press” host Chuck Todd on the defensive.

“This is an online panel,” Todd tweeted. “This is not like a public survey monkey poll. Same company, but scientifically done.”

“[We have] been testing [an] online panel with them for nearly two years,” he said of NBC News’s coloration with Surveymonkey.com. “Not done for expediency.”

“Trust me, I have been skeptical,” added Todd. “This has been rigorously vetted.”

Todd aired a graphic during “Meet the Press” that said the poll, conducted Aug. 7-8, has a 3.4 percent margin of error. It is unclear how many participants are included in the sampling.

Dianne
08-09-2015, 07:16 PM
My loser of the debate was Walker. He had nothing to say meaningful, looks just like the father in original Texas Chainsaw Massacre . He is a joke of a candidate, so wondering why in the hell he is in the top 100?

Brett85
08-09-2015, 07:17 PM
It looks like the poll is legitimate since their pre debate numbers are virtually identical to the other polls that had come out immediately prior to the debate.

AuH20
08-09-2015, 07:18 PM
Both good and bad news in this poll if this poll is accurate. Good that Bush and Walker declining, bad that Rand isn't improving. It's an online poll though, and online polls usually aren't accurate, that said, NBC/Chuck Todd are adamant that this is a more scientific online poll, so take it for what it's worth (I happen to put little stock in it, I want to compare it to other poll results that will hopefully be released soon).

Rand missed his window months ago. He may have to save a group of his nuns from a burning covenant to get back in this.

Jan2017
08-09-2015, 08:35 PM
Trump still standing, not good to see Fiorina so high, not idea how Cruz suddenly leaped to 13%, don't know where Rand is at yet but hopefully still in the top 10 obviously. Pretty shocking seeing all the establishment favorites so low but they all seem like duds, this race is still wide open considering their weaknesses. Perhaps the electability argument can work for Rand, he can try to position himself as the anti-establishment candidate with the most crossover appeal thus the best chance to win in the general election.

Still waiting for the fallout from Trump's Kelly comments, probably can't be accurately measured yet.

this was tweeted out, I don't think the actual poll has been released yet
smells like bull sheeeet - where the effin' is Rand ? 5% . . . NOT in Colorado!

kbs021
08-09-2015, 08:46 PM
Hey we would qualify for the debate though! National polls don't matter anyway. Ha! Christie got knocked out!

goldwater's ghost
08-09-2015, 09:21 PM
Rand lost a percentage point. yeah but christie lost two and is slated for the kiddie table in septmeber unless the bovine can improve. Rand The Giant Slayer

RecoveringNeoCon
08-09-2015, 10:25 PM
I know it's early. But Rand has to perform well in the next debate.
These damn republican voters ugh.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/08/09/trump-leads-gop-outsiders-surge-in-first-post-debate-poll/

The exact breakdown and percentage of the first seven spots in the NBC poll are: Trump (23), Cruz (13), Carson (11), Fiorina (8), Rubio (8), Bush (7) and Walker (7).

rich34
08-09-2015, 10:47 PM
More media manipulating bullshit.. I mean Fiorina at 8% all of a sudden?? Come on.. I won't believe any of these polls until the end of November/early December. I feel like I'm seeing the same script from 2012, which a whole new cast of characters..

dannno
08-09-2015, 10:49 PM
More media manipulating bullshit.. I mean Fiorina at 8% all of a sudden?? Come on.. I won't believe any of these polls until the end of November/early December. I feel like I'm seeing the same script from 2012, which a whole new cast of characters..

I never really believe the polls.

CPUd
08-09-2015, 10:50 PM

Kotin
08-09-2015, 10:51 PM
Wasn't that an Internet poll? Lol

garyallen59
08-09-2015, 10:51 PM

Exactly. This Fiorina rise is so scripted it's almost laughable if it weren't for the fact that people actually buy it.

thoughtomator
08-09-2015, 11:12 PM
Since when is SurveyMonkey considered a serious poll?

ultraReactionary
08-09-2015, 11:23 PM
They are obviously trying to edge Paul out to the kiddie table debate. Sad thing is, they will do it.

eleganz
08-09-2015, 11:28 PM
Great now with this "disappointing for Rand" title, a bunch of the weak-knee'd will begin whining about his strategies again. Come on OP, lets figure out this Survey monkey stuff before starting a new dog pile.

I hope you do the right thing and correct your own OP with relevant information.

timosman
08-09-2015, 11:32 PM

http://gawker.com/sheryl-sandbergs-husband-dies-suddenly-1701736610

RecoveringNeoCon
08-09-2015, 11:49 PM
Great now with this "disappointing for Rand" title, a bunch of the weak-knee'd will begin whining about his strategies again. Come on OP, lets figure out this Survey monkey stuff before starting a new dog pile.

I hope you do the right thing and correct your own OP with relevant information.

Title corrected by moderator. Thanks!

eleganz
08-09-2015, 11:57 PM
Rand missed his window months ago. He may have to save a group of his nuns from a burning covenant to get back in this.

Thats bullshit and you know it, not even Romney was the front runner from beginning to end, how feasible is it for Rand to take the top spot (a few months ago according to you) and maintain that all the way to Iowa? It is a ridiculous notion.

DevilsAdvocate
08-09-2015, 11:57 PM
So theoretically, would it be impossible for someone with $10 billion to manipulate this poll?

TaftFan
08-09-2015, 11:59 PM
O look, Lew slobbering on Trump's knob again.

Fuck you Lew.

He wants Trump to blow the whole system up...wiping away all of Ron Paul's efforts to reform the GOP.

Sorry Lew, you may be near the end of your life, but I am not giving up yet. Not by a long shot.

enhanced_deficit
08-10-2015, 12:04 AM
He wants Trump to blow the whole system up...wiping away all of Ron Paul's efforts to reform the GOP.

Sorry Lew, you may be near the end of your life, but I am not giving up yet. Not by a long shot.

It is encouraging to know that after 8 years of Barack Hussein Obama that was preceded by 8 years of GW Bush, there is still Hope for Change in some GOP quarters.

Jackie Moon
08-10-2015, 12:46 AM
Wasn't that an Internet poll? Lol

Yeah, when I saw the headline I assumed it was a real poll.

GopBlackList
08-10-2015, 12:51 AM
http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/new-nbc-news-survey-monkey-poll-donald-trump-still-lead-n406766

at 2% with Rubio, Cruz, Kasich and Fiorini rising above the crop.

Editorial: Either Rand Paul is hoping to play an endurance race with the other candidates or he's on his way out and regretting that he should have stuck closely to this father's views and be a REAL "Different kind of Republican" (instead of a fake "different kind of Republican")

[mod edit] Rand is at 5% in the poll, not 2% as incorrectly stated above

ChristianAnarchist
08-10-2015, 01:10 AM
I don't trust polls...

eleganz
08-10-2015, 01:12 AM

Editorial: Either Rand Paul is hoping to play an endurance race with the other candidates or he's on his way out and regretting that he should have stuck closely to this father's views and be a REAL "Different kind of Republican" (instead of a fake "different kind of Republican")

https://scontent-lax1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11828700_10153033250317060_3993633193995434315_n.j pg?oh=50a5c5adc6196b9428f9b06e26d553b9&oe=564F30F0

mwkaufman
08-10-2015, 01:25 AM
Rand is at 5% in that poll which isn't particularly hard to believe and not far from any other recent polls, he's at 4.5% in the RCP average.

However, I don't believe Cruz 13% or Bush 7% for an instant, Cruz sounded like a nut on stage, and Bush was fine in his performance. The last questionable number is Fiorina, but it wouldn't be unusual at all for Republicans to pine for the next person they don't know is bad yet after seeing Walker/Christie/Kasich's forgettable performances.

CPUd
08-10-2015, 01:25 AM
LOL they are all coming in here at the same time.

Gage
08-10-2015, 02:08 AM
I agree with Vincent.

Origanalist
08-10-2015, 02:35 AM
I agree with Vincent.

I just voted in his poll and it's still 100% so it must be accurate.

Brett85
08-10-2015, 03:41 AM
I don't see where you see 2%. Rand is at 5%, which is basically where he's been for the last couple of weeks.

Brett85
08-10-2015, 03:42 AM
So people just attack the poll when they don't like the results. Nice. Even though the pre debate numbers largely mirror the pre debate numbers of the other polling firms.

Brett85
08-10-2015, 03:50 AM
However, I don't believe Cruz 13% or Bush 7% for an instant, Cruz sounded like a nut on stage

Why would that hurt him in the GOP?

CPUd
08-10-2015, 04:14 AM
So people just attack the poll when they don't like the results. Nice. Even though the pre debate numbers largely mirror the pre debate numbers of the other polling firms.

Depends on whose poll it is. The ones on RCP use sound methodology, the differences are in the sample group. This one apparently will poll middle school kids who are lying about their age. The OAN/Gravis one from the other day had Rand at 0.8%, which is nowhere near what Rand has polled nationally, ever. But that doesn't stop the same 3 or 4 people from coming in here and each of them starting new threads about it.

cindy25
08-10-2015, 04:31 AM
impossible that Cruz gained that much. why would he?

squirl22
08-10-2015, 05:32 AM
This is an online poll, like Glenn Beck's or Drudge's. So far, there have been no reputable polls reporting...well, none are really reputable at this point as they are rigging them for now, but I'm talking not online polls.

Respondents for this non-probability survey were selected from the nearly three million people who take surveys on the SurveyMonkey platform each day.

65fastback2+2
08-10-2015, 06:00 AM
glad i read before clicking on that trash link

65fastback2+2
08-10-2015, 06:01 AM
two threads on this same trash? goodness.

Brett85
08-10-2015, 06:35 AM
This is an online poll, like Glenn Beck's or Drudge's. So far, there have been no reputable polls reporting...well, none are really reputable at this point as they are rigging them for now, but I'm talking not online polls.

It's not like Glenn Beck or Drudge's poll. This is a scientific poll. More and more polling organizations are starting to go to online polls rather than polling landlines and cellphones.

acptulsa
08-10-2015, 07:14 AM
It's not like Glenn Beck or Drudge's poll. This is a scientific poll. More and more polling organizations are starting to go to online polls rather than polling landlines and cellphones.

Would you care to defend the statement that this poll is scientific?

Go ahead. Give it a try. You might learn something.

As for the OP, you do realize that there is an easy-to-access list of every thread you've started?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/search.php?searchid=16184468

Don't you think you should start a non-troll thread or two so you won't be quite so obvious? Or is being obvious what they pay you for?

euphemia
08-10-2015, 07:16 AM
You all know that polls aren't elections and the election is not for another 15 months, right?

Brett85
08-10-2015, 07:24 AM
Would you care to defend the statement that this poll is scientific?

Go ahead. Give it a try. You might learn something.

Well, we won't have to wait long to see if these numbers are confirmed. There will likely be post debate polls out in the next day or two. So we'll see who's right and how accurate this particular poll is.

FriedChicken
08-10-2015, 07:31 AM
regardless of whether the polls are accurate or not - it doesn't hurt for us to be low in the polls for now.
We can't stay low forever but if we were on top now I would be very concerned if we could hold the lead for that long.

I honestly think the best thing to do is help with the ground work.
I started a thread to work towards a phone banking goal and we still need more involvement.

it's also a great time to collect signatures for ballot access.

right now if 4 forum members made calls to Iowa and filled out 5 surveys a day we will be at our goal for this month. that's something quick, easy and effective.

Ronin Truth
08-10-2015, 07:33 AM

Enough of the debate viewers agreed and liked what he said? <shrug>

BenMuldowney
08-10-2015, 07:38 AM
i saw an aggregate of the most recent polls and i think rand was right around 4.5%. bashing trump is maybe the stupidest thing rand could do. why did he pick that fight? unreal.... sorry, but i went through terrible campaign strategies with ron (and i love Ron). but who is calling the shots with these guys? rand did great with christie but he still dropped in the polls? gosh i wonder why.

helmuth_hubener
08-10-2015, 07:38 AM
My loser of the debate was Walker. He had nothing to say meaningful, looks just like the father in original Texas Chainsaw Massacre . He is a joke of a candidate, so wondering why in the hell he is in the top 100?

He had the least speaking time.

Honestly, this was probably the best thing for him, I think. He is really kind of a boring person. Not a thrilling speaker, not a great debater, not an engaging personality. He didn't mess up or look stupid, the few words he did speak were.... fine. This was a fantastic debate performance for Walker. The best he could have possibly hoped for.

S.Shorland
08-10-2015, 07:45 AM
Prediction sites are rigged by the various candidates' backers.I predicted that last time and it was confirmed (see last post in my old thread)
Told You!
http://www.businessinsider.com/mitt-romney-intrade-bets-trader-millions-2013-9

dude58677
08-10-2015, 07:46 AM
i saw an aggregate of the most recent polls and i think rand was right around 4.5%. bashing trump is maybe the stupidest thing rand could do. why did he pick that fight? unreal.... sorry, but i went through terrible campaign strategies with ron (and i love Ron). but who is calling the shots with these guys? rand did great with christie but he still dropped in the polls? gosh i wonder why.

You people don't like Ron and Rand regardless. Ron was polite and didn't attack candidates until 2012 where he attacked everyone but Romney. Romney went on to become the GOP nominee. Ron was widely criticized by the like of you for not being aggressive.

Rand is vigorous and attacks Trump and now you don't like the Paul's for attacking a FAKE such as Trump.

Make up your mind!

helmuth_hubener
08-10-2015, 07:47 AM
For me, personally, I thought that Cruz sounded the best. Trump looked the best overall. All the attacks backfired and he handled them well. But for someone very concerned with liberty (like me) Cruz sounded very appealing.

He talked up the honesty factor. And you know what? I kind of think the guy probably is honest. He has a good voting record, he has done what he said he would do, he has stood by his principles (even though all his principles are not correct, according to my view). Him and Rand are very similar, policy-wise. And Cruz performed better in the debate. Could have used a little more passion, in my view, but then again you don't want to be over the top, especially since they were setting him up to look like that, with the "You called the leadership of your party liars" question.

I would say Trump won the debate, from any perspective, and that Cruz was second place, from a liberty perspective.

David Sadler
08-10-2015, 07:49 AM

By saying things like this. It just emphasizes how fed up legal American citizens of all ethnic backgrounds are with the open border and amnesty agenda of the bipartisan and systemic "Washington Cartel."

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/7/71/859457/fox-news-underdog-gop-debate-transcript

Transcript: Fox News GOP Debate in Cleveland August 6, 2015 (http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/7/71/859457/fox-news-underdog-gop-debate-transcript)
written by Lynn Sweet
Chicago Sun Times
posted: 08/06/2015, 11:41pm

excerpt ...

WALLACE: Senator Cruz, some 1,400 people submitted questions on this very hot topic of illegal immigration on Facebook, and a number of them were about the murder of Kate Steinle in San Francisco, allegedly shot down by an illegal. Doug Bettencourt sent this question, “will you support Kate Steinle’s Law,” which would impose a mandatory five-year prison term for an illegal who is deported and then returns to this country? “And will you defund sanctuary cities for violating federal law?”

CRUZ: Chris, absolutely yes. And not only will I support it–

(APPLAUSE)

CRUZ: — I have authored Kate’s law in the United States Senate and filed that legislation. I tried to get the Senate to vote to pass Kate’s law on the floor of the Senate just one week ago, and the leader of our own party blocked a vote on Kate’s law.

You know, there was reference made to our leaders being stupid. It’s not a question of stupidity. It’s that they don’t want to enforce the immigration laws. That there are far too many in the Washington cartel that support amnesty.

CRUZ: President Obama has talked about fundamentally transforming this country. There’s 7 billion people across the face of the globe, many of whom want to come to this country. If they come legally, great. But if they come illegally and they get amnesty, that is how we fundamentally change this country, and it really is striking.

A majority of the candidates on this stage have supported amnesty. I have never supported amnesty, and I led the fight against Chuck Schumer’s gang of eight amnesty legislation in the Senate.

BenMuldowney
08-10-2015, 07:54 AM
You people don't like Ron and Rand regardless. Ron was polite and didn't attack candidates until 2012 where he attacked everyone but Romney. Romney went on to become the GOP nominee. Ron was widely criticized by the like of you for not being aggressive.

Rand is vigorous and attacks Trump and now you don't like the Paul's for attacking a FAKE such as Trump.

Make up your mind!

dont tell me what the fk i did. you dont know squat!!! i just said rand looked good going at it with christie.... but to do so with trump? thats nuts! what is wrong with you people?

Wilf
08-10-2015, 07:56 AM
dont tell me what the fk i did. you dont know squat!!! i just said rand looked good going at it with christie.... but to do so with trump? thats nuts! what is wrong with you people?

Whats wrong with you... this is not the comment section of Youtube.

BenMuldowney
08-10-2015, 07:58 AM
Whats wrong with you... this is not the comment section of Youtube.

sorry.. i was around a bunch of nellies in 2012 that let the gop walk all over them. and the leadership told them to bend over more and not make waves. if thats how you do life... that's your business but i care about future generations and i know your m.o. ends with gun confiscation then genocide.

Wilf
08-10-2015, 08:01 AM
sorry.. i was around a bunch of nellies in 2012 that let the gop walk all over them. and the leadership told them to bend over more and not make waves. if thats how you do life... that's your business but i care about future generations and i know your m.o. ends with gun confiscation then genocide.
and Trump is some messiah, the person that will bring America back to the good old time?

FriedChicken
08-10-2015, 08:03 AM
it's too early to tell if going after trump was good or bad.
judging by how rabid his fans are it probably won't pay off in the short term.

but the election isn't being held tomorrow and we still have time to win this thing.
a good strategy is laying ground work for the Iowa caucus ...

so how many surveys per day on average can I put you down for?

remember the focus has been on national polls but this is won state by state.
Iowa is a caucus and we can make up a lot of ground with organization.

NH is a lot harder to win and the longer trump is in the race the harder it will be.
for now I think making calls to Iowa is the best we can do for the time being.

the trump thing is kind of a wild card and has made Iowa all the more important.

squirl22
08-10-2015, 08:04 AM
It's not like Glenn Beck or Drudge's poll. This is a scientific poll

You're joking, right? did your read the description of who was polled and how?

08-10-2015, 08:05 AM
I hope Rand keeps hammering Trump.

acptulsa
08-10-2015, 08:06 AM

And the conventional wisdom says attack up, don't attack down. And to do anything else is nuts.

If you have to attack, you have to attack. If it works, it works. If it doesn't, it sucks. If Trump had been as good as his word, and had attacked anyone who attacked him, Rand Paul would be swimming in free publicity right now, and you'd be saying he was brilliant. But Trump is controlled opposition, which is why he attacked the Fox bimbo instead, and gave that publicity to Rupert Murdoch instead.

Monday morning quarterbacks are a dime a dozen. And you aren't the best of the bunch.

I hope Rand keeps hammering Trump.

Me, too. In for a penny, in for a pound. Besides, the fad is wearing thin. This Pet Rock has had his day, and people are quickly figuring out that there's no 'there' there. There's nothing to be lost by finishing what he started.

squirl22
08-10-2015, 08:07 AM
Prediction sites are rigged by the various candidates' backers.I predicted that last time and it was confirmed (see last post in my old thread)

That's one reason Rand is ranked so low; he has no big money backers...it explains Cruz's increased rankings also; he has big money behind him...

BenMuldowney
08-10-2015, 08:07 AM
and Trump is some messiah, the person that will bring America back to the good old time?

what part of trump's message is rand (or you) so upset with? immigration? exposing political correctness? not bending over backwards for the chinese? exposing the media pundits? exposing the true unemployment numbers? keeping a third party option open for when the gop commits election fraud? exposing the buying of politicians?

trump has just fired two judas goats from his campaign... i think rand needs to do the same and ron definitely should have in 2008/2012.

BenMuldowney
08-10-2015, 08:12 AM
And the conventional wisdom says attack up, don't attack down. And to do anything else is nuts.

If you have to attack, you have to attack. If it works, it works. If it doesn't, it sucks. If Trump had been as good as his word, and had attacked anyone who attacked him, Rand Paul would be swimming in free publicity right now, and you'd be saying he was brilliant. But Trump is controlled opposition, which is why he attacked the Fox bimbo instead, and gave that publicity to Rupert Murdoch instead.

Monday morning quarterbacks are a dime a dozen. And you aren't the best of the bunch.

im way better than you and most of the posters here that think 4.5% is a win!!!!!!! what part of trump's message should rand attack? that he bought off politicians and is saying the system is broke and shouldnt exist in it's current form? smh..... he is playing by the current rules and is suggesting they are bad for america. he is exposing immigration.... and the true unemployment numbers and the lopsided deals we have with china.

could trump be a fake? maybe? i dont know that yet and neither do you. but what i do know is rand doesnt have a chance moving fwd with his current strategy. i am encouraged by the two advisors trump has just fired.

Demigod
08-10-2015, 08:12 AM

Make up your mind!

Both Ron and Rand now have been attacking the anger-vote candidates.Ron attacked Santorum/Newt and now Rand is attacking Trump.I would like to see a poll after he spends a night attacking Bush and the senate leaders.A lot of people hate the system,Trump is currently trowing bombs at it,if someone more reasonable comes along that attacks with the same zeal people will switch sides.

Between a guy who calls politicians prostitutes and a guy who is talking about 5 year plans and policy the first one wins at the moment.This is not just in the USA it is happening in Europe as well,there are more and more parties coming up that have only one promise "We will burn everything to the ground"

Wilf
08-10-2015, 08:13 AM
what part of trump's message is rand (or you) so upset with? immigration? exposing political correctness? not bending over backwards for the chinese? exposing the media pundits? exposing the true unemployment numbers? keeping a third party option open for when the gop commits election fraud? exposing the buying of politicians?

trump has just fired two judas goats from his campaign... i think rand needs to do the same and ron definitely should have in 2008/2012.

Read a history book.. alot of what Trump said has been mentioned by other politicans .

Demigod
08-10-2015, 08:17 AM
Read a history book.. alot of what Trump said has been mentioned by other politicans .

But he is the only one who has the balls to call out the politicians as corrupt directly on stage to their face.When he did that all they had to say was "Well I didn't get any money".That made everyone look pathetic.

BenMuldowney
08-10-2015, 08:17 AM

lol.. you already used that line "read a history book". history books are propaganda.. just a bit older. the bolsheviks "genocided" 40 to 60 million white christians and we allied with them? but thats a good thing according to the history books. spare me your pseudo intellectual garbage wilfie. trump has a lot of faults... but he is savvy and right now? we need savvy... not millie mouse.

BenMuldowney
08-10-2015, 08:18 AM
But he is the only one who has the balls to call out the politicians as corrupt directly on stage to their face.When he did that all they had to say was "Well I didn't get any money".That made everyone look pathetic.

BRAVOOOO... thank you demigod!!!

hells_unicorn
08-10-2015, 08:22 AM
A lot of foolish people are going to be in for a very rude awakening if Trump is nominated, mark my words. Rand's poll numbers are largely a sham, it was exactly the same just before the 2012 Iowa caucus, but the Trump cult is correct on one point, the media still has a massive strangle hold on the narrative, and whether or not Rand can punch through that remains to be seen. If nothing else, it will be an indicator as to whether or not this generation has sufficient numbers to turn the tide, or if we wait another couple decades.

Wilf
08-10-2015, 08:26 AM
A lot of foolish people are going to be in for a very rude awakening if Trump is nominated, mark my words. Rand's poll numbers are largely a sham, it was exactly the same just before the 2012 Iowa caucus, but the Trump cult is correct on one point, the media still has a massive strangle hold on the narrative, and whether or not Rand can punch through that remains to be seen. If nothing else, it will be an indicator as to whether or not this generation has sufficient numbers to turn the tide, or if we wait another couple decades.

I think, we will wait in between 4-10 years before we have an liberty canidate in the White House ( if Rand lose).

BenMuldowney
08-10-2015, 08:27 AM

this generation is wayyyyyy worse than previous generations. they have almost zero shot at saving us or themselves. rand needs to stop listening to scumbag advisors.. they are killing him.

kahless
08-10-2015, 08:31 AM
The take away from this poll, good numbers for Trump if he runs 3rd party.

Fifty-four percent of Trump supporters said they would vote for him for president, even if he didn't win the GOP nomination. About one in five Trump supporters said they would switch and support the eventual Republican candidate.

acptulsa
08-10-2015, 08:32 AM
this generation is wayyyyyy worse than previous generations. they have almost zero shot at saving us or themselves. rand needs to stop listening to scumbag advisors.. they are killing him.

This generation is composed of individuals, and this site is committed to fighting collectivism. Because collectivizing people is a divide and conquer tactic and blatantly unjust, we don't just avoid it, we fight it.

You, sir, are not one of us. Maybe someday you will learn why we hold that principled position. Until then, we can see you have no principles to stand for, and therefore assume you'll fall for anything.

Your mistake is in assuming that we, too, will fall for anything.

BenMuldowney
08-10-2015, 08:45 AM
This generation is composed of individuals, and this site is committed to fighting collectivism. Because collectivizing people is a divide and conquer tactic and blatantly unjust, we don't just avoid it, we fight it.

You, sir, are not one of us. Maybe someday you will learn why we hold that principled position. Until then, we can see you have no principles to stand for, and therefore assume you'll fall for anything.

Your mistake is in assuming that we, too, will fall for anything.

you dont understand this but you sound like a stepford wife. i get all of the dynamics you just mumbled through.... i've heard em for decades and you are right.. i am not an ayn rander. i am a paleoconservative like my founding fathers who were very Christian and knew where their rights came from.

i am not a campaign for liberty jackass who wants to play nice nice with the local gop in hopes they will massage my anus in 2028. i am a constitutionalist and i love the D of I that mentions my Creator!!!!! LOL @ collectivist.... youre brainwashed dude... go vote for the Libertarian nom bob barr. LOL

acptulsa
08-10-2015, 08:51 AM
you dont understand this but you sound like a stepford wife. i get all of the dynamics you just mumbled through.... i've heard em for decades and you are right.. i am not an ayn rander. i am a paleoconservative like my founding fathers who were very Christian and knew where their rights came from.

i am not a campaign for liberty jackass who wants to play nice nice with the local gop in hopes they will massage my anus in 2028. i am a constitutionalist and i love the D of I that mentions my Creator!!!!! LOL @ collectivist.... youre brainwashed dude... go vote for the Libertarian nom bob barr. LOL

I'm a brainwashed Stepford Wife Bob Barr fan and I'm also right. Got it.

We will be at the convention, where it sure looks like this thing will be decided. Come tell us how brainwashed we are then.

BenMuldowney
08-10-2015, 09:05 AM
I think, we will wait in between 4-10 years before we have an liberty canidate in the White House ( if Rand lose).

you are clueless on demographics and trends. the clock has run out... it will take a miracle to win now. if immigration isnt stopped it's over.

BenMuldowney
08-10-2015, 09:07 AM
I'm a brainwashed Stepford Wife Bob Barr fan and I'm also right. Got it.

We will be at the convention, where it sure looks like this thing will be decided. Come tell us how brainwashed we are then.

i was at a state convention in 2012 and you people sat on your thumbs looking like idiots in defeat clinging to 2016 and 4.5%!!! you dont get it.... you won't get it and i won't waste my time working around you nellies ever again.

acptulsa
08-10-2015, 09:11 AM
i was at a state convention in 2012 and you people sat on your thumbs looking like idiots in defeat clinging to 2016 and 4.5%!!! you dont get it.... you won't get it and i won't waste my time working around you nellies ever again.

Promises, promises.

How ever will we get along without the most nervous person in the whole room screaming that everyone else is a 'nellie'?

BenMuldowney
08-10-2015, 09:16 AM
Promises, promises.

How ever will we get along without the most nervous person in the whole room screaming that everyone else is a 'nellie'?

you will do just fine... sitting there in defeat clinging to a future that never comes, listening to judas goats that laugh at you behind closed doors.

acptulsa
08-10-2015, 09:18 AM
you will do just fine... sitting there in defeat clinging to a future that never comes, listening to judas goats that laugh at you behind closed doors.

You bet. And all just so we can look at the likes of you later, and say, 'When it was not yet too late and everyone with actual cojones was fighting, what were you up to?

BenMuldowney
08-10-2015, 09:25 AM
You bet. And all just so we can look at the likes of you later, and say, 'When it was not yet too late and everyone with actual cojones was fighting, what were you up to?

oh.. i'll be there.... i just wont be part of the group that clings to stupid strategies. if the gop commits fraud this time around... ill do what i did last time and call them out in the middle of the room and not care if they send the sgt at arms to me twice. :)

acptulsa
08-10-2015, 10:10 AM
oh.. i'll be there.... i just wont be part of the group that clings to stupid strategies. if the gop commits fraud this time around... ill do what i did last time and call them out in the middle of the room and not care if they send the sgt at arms to me twice. :)

Uh huh.

If we're all just a bunch of thumb-sitters, why do you spend so many hours of every day coming here and telling us we've lost and we might as well sit on our thumbs? Why don't you go to a gamer forum and tell them they should play games, or an anime forum and tell them they should watch anime, or a model railroad forum and tell them they should build little trains? It makes just as much sense.

AuH20
08-10-2015, 10:19 AM

Rand has no choice. It's a kamikaze attack, quite frankly.

Wilf
08-10-2015, 10:22 AM
you are clueless on demographics and trends. the clock has run out... it will take a miracle to win now. if immigration isnt stopped it's over.

Oh, you think that only white people like liberty and people of a different colour are authoritarian. Got it.

acptulsa
08-10-2015, 10:24 AM
It's a kamikaze attack, quite frankly.

Well, good. Now that he has killed himself in your mind, you can stop wasting your time here and go the fuck away.

I'm glad you finally achieved closure. If you have. If you keep intruding upon our denial, even though our horse is presumably dead, however, we will know you're scared of the Zombie Apocalypse. Or you are scared Rand isn't as dead as you obviously want him to be.

BenMuldowney
08-10-2015, 10:40 AM
Uh huh.

If we're all just a bunch of thumb-sitters, why do you spend so many hours of every day coming here and telling us we've lost and we might as well sit on our thumbs? Why don't you go to a gamer forum and tell them they should play games, or an anime forum and tell them they should watch anime, or a model railroad forum and tell them they should build little trains? It makes just as much sense.

ive been here 2 days in recent yrs and you translate that to every day? and i got involved in the 2012 election. and before that did a ton of other related work since 2006.

RonRocks
08-10-2015, 11:02 AM
im way better than you and most of the posters here that think 4.5% is a win!!!!!!! what part of trump's message should rand attack? that he bought off politicians and is saying the system is broke and shouldnt exist in it's current form? smh..... he is playing by the current rules and is suggesting they are bad for america. he is exposing immigration.... and the true unemployment numbers and the lopsided deals we have with china.

could trump be a fake? maybe? i dont know that yet and neither do you. but what i do know is rand doesnt have a chance moving fwd with his current strategy. i am encouraged by the two advisors trump has just fired.

Big stupid miscalculation by Rand and his 'advisers'. Why don't they get that these are the disenfranchised voters they should be going after? If anything, Rand should echo Trump's general positions in the campaign and dish them out in a polished way. People want the TRUTH and are tired of PC nonsense. This is the anger Trump is tapping into, and with Rand attacking Trump, makes himself look like an establishment insider. Total losing strategy! Rand was honestly standing up there on stage defending the REPUBLICAN leadership (eg.. the healthcare interruption). Rand is chipping away at his own anti-establishment brand, and it is a sad sight to see.

acptulsa
08-10-2015, 11:12 AM

[mod edit] Rand is at 5% in the poll, not 2% as incorrectly stated above

Rand has no choice. It's a kamikaze attack, quite frankly.

Big stupid miscalculation by Rand and his 'advisers'. Why don't they get that these are the disenfranchised voters they should be going after? If anything, Rand should echo Trump's general positions in the campaign and dish them out in a polished way. People want the TRUTH and are tired of PC nonsense. This is the anger Trump is tapping into, and with Rand attacking Trump, makes himself look like an establishment insider. Total losing strategy! Rand was honestly standing up there on stage defending the REPUBLICAN leadership (eg.. the healthcare interruption). Rand is chipping away at his own anti-establishment brand, and it is a sad sight to see.

Let's see. Rand Paul was a fool to attack, a fool not to attack, he had no choice but to attack but attacking did him in, he should go back to the substance that his father used to win us over, he should stop confusing idiot voters with substance, he should jump, he should not jump, and mostly we should all just give up and go away. In fact, everyone has given up on us and just gone away, except that here they all still are.

I think we got the message already. Repeating it isn't going to cause us to stop smelling the bullshit within it.

kahless
08-10-2015, 11:14 AM

^This exactly.

I think people also all too well remember the blatant miscalculations from Ron's 2012 campaign and after seeing this it sure does not instill confidence for the campaign to make the right decisions going forward.

RonRocks
08-10-2015, 11:24 AM
Let's see. Rand Paul was a fool to attack, a fool not to attack, he had no choice but to attack but attacking did him in, he should go back to the substance that his father used to win us over, he should stop confusing idiot voters with substance, he should jump, he should not jump, and mostly we should all just give up and go away. In fact, everyone has given up on us and just gone away, except that here they all still are.

I think we got the message already. Repeating it isn't going to cause us to stop smelling the bullshit within it.

No one is saying NOT to attack. Attack the ESTABLISHMENT. Look who's the talk of the town recently. Trump, Ted F'n Cruz, Fiorina. Do you notice a link? They're ALL attacking the status quo and their policies. Goodness, some of you really have your blinders on.

acptulsa
08-10-2015, 11:27 AM
No one is saying NOT to attack. Attack the ESTABLISHMENT. Look who's the talk of the town recently. Trump, Ted F'n Cruz, Fiorina. Do you notice a link? They're ALL attacking the status quo and their policies. Goodness, some of you really have your blinders on.

Trump is anti-establishment, but he gets 24/7 coverage even though we all know that true anti-establishment candidates Must Not Be Named? Fiorina is attacking someone? Trump is launching substantive attacks--attacking Kelly instead of Murdoch, attacking Clinton without ever having mentioned state secrets or Benghazi (the two areas where she is most vulnerable)?

Who has blinders on again?

AuH20
08-10-2015, 11:29 AM
Trump is anti-establishment, but he gets 24/7 coverage even though we all know that true anti-establishment candidates Must Not Be Named? Fiorina is attacking someone? Trump is launching substantive attacks--attacking Kelly instead of Murdoch, attacking Clinton without ever having mentioned state secrets or Benghazi (the two areas where she is most vulnerable)?

Rand should have created a controversy with his mouth. If you want to create media attention, that's how you do it.

acptulsa
08-10-2015, 11:31 AM
Rand should have created a controversy with his mouth. If you want to create media attention, that's how you do it.

Just what I'd expect from someone who has admitted he wants Rand to lose, the establishment to win, and the nation to then burn to the ground.

kahless
08-10-2015, 11:33 AM

I agree with the premise of your post but Fiorina popularity is purely news media - Foxnews creation. Over the last year the most blatant promotion of a 0 polling candidate I have ever seen in my life time beside her history of failure.

AuH20
08-10-2015, 11:34 AM
Just what I'd expect from someone who has admitted he wants Rand to lose, the establishment to win, and the nation to then burn to the ground.

You're lamenting that Trump stole all the media exposure, but you never wanted to ask 'Why?' I'm telling you why. He doesn't care about focus groups or polls. Then he double downed on the statements after being nationally crucified.

RonRocks
08-10-2015, 11:35 AM

It is the 'perception' of being anti-establishment. This is the GOP crowd we are talking about, they don't do substantive. Rand sounds like a milquetoast Republican with a cute slogan of 'different kind of republican'. I'm reporting from the ground here, this is how people perceive it. Of course, all of us here are wise to it, but just go ask your average GOPer what he thinks. This is the crowd Rand wants and sold out the libertarian base for, isn't it?

AuH20
08-10-2015, 11:35 AM

I never wanted Rand to lose. If I did, I would have never contributed to his campaign. Rand has done that by his lonesome.

BenMuldowney
08-10-2015, 11:43 AM
Oh, you think that only white people like liberty and people of a different colour are authoritarian. Got it.

i know how the different demographics vote in this country. this isnt rocket science.

BenMuldowney
08-10-2015, 11:45 AM

GREAT POSTS!!!!

BenMuldowney
08-10-2015, 11:46 AM
^This exactly.

I think people also all too well remember the blatant miscalculations from Ron's 2012 campaign and after seeing this it sure does not instill confidence for the campaign to make the right decisions going forward.

wow.. some people are getting it.. THANK GOD!

Wilf
08-10-2015, 11:51 AM
i know how the different demographics vote in this country. this isnt rocket science.
Yet you and the same 'minorities that you detest' suffer from the same syndrome.

BenMuldowney
08-10-2015, 12:18 PM
Yet you and the same 'minorities that you detest' suffer from the same syndrome.

so recognizing how different ethnicities, genders and age groups vote is a syndrome? and now i detest minorities because i see how they are used by the media/progressives? you are an ^%&^$#... do not type to me again.

Wilf
08-10-2015, 12:23 PM
so recognizing how different ethnicities, genders and age groups vote is a syndrome? and now i detest minorities because i see how they are used by the media/progressives? you are an ^%&^$#... do not type to me again.
Like your hero Donald Trump, I do not care. So here is a question that I want to know, why has not any conservative candidate attemping to build bridges with minorities groups. I mean not all African-American supports gay marrige and Asian-Americans are starting to get annoyed with racial quotas.