PDA

View Full Version : 100 calls a day for Rand Paul in Iowa

FriedChicken
08-08-2015, 09:18 AM
As of Aug. 4th 'call from home' has been active. Many of you have surely gotten emails with a username and password to access the system and get started.

As of the time of this posting I haven't made a single phone call through the system.

I'm willing to pledge an average of 10 completed surveys a day, 5 days a week. (50 per week for all you math experts) for the rest of this month after there are enough pledges in this thread to total an average of 100 per day, 500 per week.
It will be very difficult to carve out this much time in my schedule and I don't think I'll be motivated to continue with knowing that I'm part of a larger effort and I think more people here might feel the same way.

I'll update this OP daily.

How this works:
Pledge the amount of completed surveys you'll be able to average in 5 days for the rest of Aug. Be willing to go to work as soon as we collectively hit a 100 per day average, or sooner if you want.
If you have already used the system and have any tips or insight please post!

Requirements:
1. Being registered as a phone from home user with the campaign, you will be given a username and password.

2. A computer, speaker, microphone. A headset would be best. There is also an app you can use on apple devices I'm unfamiliar with, if someone wants to post details on that I'll add them to this section.

Pledge count: 80 completed surveys (20 to go!)

FriedChicken
08-08-2015, 09:19 AM
I'm considering pledging a $25 donation to the campaign once the pledge goal is reached. Will anyone match me? (note: times are very tight. I'll have to talk to my wife before committing to a donation ... seriously, we're that tight right now.)

Ronin Truth
08-08-2015, 09:21 AM
For a hundred days equals 10,000 calls.

Do those calls count as votes?

kbs021
08-08-2015, 09:37 AM
I'm In. Will start this evening.

Okaloosa
08-08-2015, 10:02 AM
I will immediately match the $25 donation to the campaign.

FriedChicken
08-08-2015, 10:24 AM
For a hundred days equals 10,000 calls.

Do those calls count as votes?

no.
they're information for the campaign.
I'd imagine it'll be extremely useful for gotv efforts.

The script doesn't attempt to convert voters, just gather a few details.
I hope they organize the data in the most useful way possible.

if this catches on maybe we can add more or increase goals for September.

FriedChicken
08-08-2015, 10:28 AM
I'm In. Will start this evening.

+rep!

Are you pledging 10 surveys then?

rich34
08-08-2015, 12:39 PM
As much as I've bitched over the last two days, I'm in.. I've never done this before, the last two times I was to busy with work and family, but now is a good time for me. Is there some kind of script you follow or do you use your own?

kbs021
08-08-2015, 12:43 PM
Yes and I will. And yes they provide a script that I think you will be pleased with.After seeing it, you will see they are honing in on past Ron supporters. They also change it from time to time to gather new data

TaftFan
08-08-2015, 12:55 PM
I'm waiting for the email. I may have to see if they forgot to put me in.

AndrewIHeart
08-08-2015, 01:47 PM
I may do this. In the 2012 campaign, they had Phone from home. While I called a lot of numbers, a lot of people did not want to answer the survey. I felt sometimes that it was a waste. Maybe we should give people who are participating in Phone From Home tips on the best times to call? Also, the tone of voice you use? If you sound bored and tired to yourself, it will come across on the phone. If you're smiling they'll be able to tell.

eleganz
08-08-2015, 02:14 PM
Very effective strategy and not really a huge commitment to those who are pretty busy (I know I know some of you have kids and full time jobs).

Im much more busier now than 2012 when I paused my life for Ron but still willing to give it my all for Rand. OP I'm glad you made this thread and lets keep updating it. I will pledge 50 calls a day until Aug 17 (when I will be too busy to even make calls) and 100 will be my daily goal to match you.

FriedChicken
08-09-2015, 06:27 AM
Thank you kbs, rich and eleganz!

Assuming kbs and rich were matching my pledge of 10 surveys a day that puts us at 80 calls a day total so far!
Only 20 more pledges needed till our goal is reached - hopefully we can get going on this tomorrow!

Anyone want to join Oakloosa in sweetening the pot by pledging a donation once the goal is reached? If you're unable to make calls this is a great way to show your support and help motivate people who can!

IndianaPolitico
08-09-2015, 03:02 PM
Once the goal is reached, I am in for a $25 donation.

kbs021
08-09-2015, 07:32 PM
Anyone who is trolling Breitbart or FB your time is much better spent calling lol.. But do make posts about Rand though!

FriedChicken
08-09-2015, 08:03 PM
come on guys! If we reach the goal by the time we all get off work tomorrow we'll fill out 1500 surveys this month!

that's critical information on 1500 Iowans and with the amount of time left before the caucus we can actually make a difference doing this!

kbs021
08-10-2015, 05:37 PM
Whew it's taking me forever to reach people that don't ignore the call lol Pretty fun though

Jackie Moon
08-10-2015, 06:00 PM
+Reps for positive, constructive actions that will actually help Rand where it counts.

Sometimes it's difficult to tell, but this is Rand Paul Grassroots Forum. Too much negativity and infighting going on. Threads like this are re-energizing. :toady:

Lindsey
08-10-2015, 06:36 PM
I received a call last week. I was on my way out the door when he called, but I did the survey - it only took 2 mins. I'll pledge $25 too.

FriedChicken
08-11-2015, 11:03 AM
thanks everyone so far.

anyone willing to pledge even 1 survey per day on average?
you could do them all in one day to work better with your schedule.

dannno
08-11-2015, 12:27 PM
bump

FriedChicken
08-11-2015, 04:12 PM
The campaign came out with a new contest today that will run for 7 days. T-shirt prizes, nothing all that fabulous, but I think it speaks to how important this phoning project is to them.

We need to build up as solid of a foundation in Iowa as we can.
If you want Rand to be president why not donate one day a week and fill out 5 surveys? If you can do more than your pledge why don't put the extra calls towards Eleganz? He could probably use some help meeting his commitment of 50 surveys as a daily average.

It feels meaningless when you're alone doing it but the point of this thread is to keep us, as a forum, motivated and keep track of our collective progress.

C'mon.
Its stupid to stall out so close to our goal. Surely more people here can step up!

FriedChicken
08-11-2015, 04:20 PM
I'm waiting for the email. I may have to see if they forgot to put me in.

I tried to PM you but your inbox is full.
If you have the email address for the campaign still I'd send them another email saying you want to be enrolled in the program.

Thanks!

kbs021
08-12-2015, 06:08 AM
The incentives are a really nice add. I want those shirts.