PDA

View Full Version : [Video] Rand Paul on The O'Reilly Factor w/ Chris Wallace 8/7/15

kbs021
08-07-2015, 06:01 PM
Talking about Debate with Christie.. And no Wallace is covering lol

update:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egeNS7y4x44

tommyrp12
08-07-2015, 06:04 PM
http://www.billoreilly.com/

TONIGHT ON THE FACTOR
CHRIS WALLACE HOSTS
TOP STORY
A Look at Last Night's Debate
TOP STORY
Rand Paul's Debate Fireworks
TOP STORY
Playing to the Home Crowd
TOP STORY
Aftermath of the Debate
TOP STORY
The Debate's Winners & Losers
TOP STORY
The Trump Factor
TOP STORY
Hillary Clinton & the GOP Debate

bunklocoempire
08-07-2015, 06:05 PM
Bill don't need no history lesson.

bunklocoempire
08-07-2015, 06:20 PM
Rand did a great job on this.

Occam's Banana
08-07-2015, 06:26 PM
Bill don't need no history lesson. You can't explain that.

bunklocoempire
08-07-2015, 06:28 PM
You can't explain that.

Bill can.

CPUd
08-07-2015, 06:29 PM
Will this be a no spin thread?

bunklocoempire
08-07-2015, 06:31 PM
Watched this, Rand did really well. I'm dry heaving a bit with so much exposure the past two days to wall-ass, but I think I can tuff this out.

CaptUSA
08-07-2015, 06:33 PM
Toob soon, pleez

kbs021
08-07-2015, 06:33 PM
Rand's argument on the factor was very good. I don't think many people could watch that and not see something fishy regarding trump. Rand also called out Christie for using Sandy funds. Man he is tearing him up lol. I love it and keep it up Rand. Rand's crowds in SC are great today.

r3volution 3.0
08-07-2015, 06:42 PM
Killed it, A+

When asked about the Christie and Trump exchanges, he stuck to his guns (even hitting Christie with a new jab, about his corrupt use of Sandy relief funds!) without appearing mean or petty. He got his talking points on NSA and tax reforms across very effectively. Again, the word to describe this interview is "confidence." Rand had a swagger and a glimmer in his eye (literally) that we don't often see. I think he's very pleased with himself over his performance last night - as he, and all of us, should be.

libertyplz
08-07-2015, 06:45 PM
Damn, I missed it. From the sounds of it Rand did well. Bill didn't interupt Rand or anything? I would imagine bill would constantly be interupting and saying hes wrong and all that bs, so very surprised if Bill wasn't his usual pompous self

kbs021
08-07-2015, 06:46 PM
Hopefully a decent amount of people saw this. People will start to learn about what Trump has done. I agree Rand is pumped and after last night he should be. He completely forced himself into relevance last night. He is on point.

kbs021
No bill lol Wallace was filling in.

WD-NY
A+ interview. Gracious, affable and confident. This is the Rand that can win.

Temperamentally, the way he presented himself in this interview (and most others) is night and day from how he came off in debate. His hair also looked 100x better than it did last night (though that could simply be a result of the lower camera angle used in the Orielly interview).

My my hunch is that the persona/style that Rand presented at last night's debate was a calculated decision, designed to key up all the Ron Paul diehards who've been having/voicing doubts about Rand. Hopefully it worked, because Rand definitely needs to bring his more stately "interview" persona to the next debates if he wants to win over more low-info voters.

Patrick Henry
08-07-2015, 06:48 PM
I didn't watch this as O'Reilly is a piece of trash, but you are right… Rand should be pleased with last night.

FSP-Rebel
08-07-2015, 06:52 PM
So Bill actually was doing this show and not Wallace? I didn't think Rand would ever go on w/ Bill because he won't let you get your points across w/o cutting you off...?

r3volution 3.0
08-07-2015, 06:52 PM
I didn't watch this as O'Reilly is a piece of trash, but you are right… Rand should be pleased with last night.

O'Reilly wasn't there, Chris Wallace guest-hosted.

...methinks Rand wouldn't have come on had Billo been there, been silently boycotting him for years (prudently, IMO).

kbs021
08-07-2015, 06:53 PM
My my hunch is that the persona/style that Rand presented at last night's debate was a calculated decision, designed to key up all the Ron Paul diehards who've been having/voicing doubts about Rand.

This was probably the most important thing said regarding the debate on this entire site. Getting Ron's base fired up while gaining some new young voters is the key to winning Iowa. Big deal getting that 4th amendment debate.

Scott_in_PA
08-07-2015, 06:55 PM
WOW

Wallace just said FOX is getting Blowback for the trumps treatment. LOL

tommyrp12
08-07-2015, 06:57 PM
Agreed.....Killed it. He did well to explain Trumps contributions to him, or rather the philanthropic group that allows Rand to do surgery in other countries. I also liked the comments about Christi and his misuse of tax payer money. I hope he keeps it up. He should go after other people too though, it's a big field and Christi isn't the top dog by any means. Some targeted TV ad's will allow him to do this without interruption of course he needs a lot of money to do it.

NativeOne
08-07-2015, 07:23 PM

LatinsforPaul
08-07-2015, 07:23 PM

hardrightedge
08-07-2015, 07:28 PM
Rand looked and sounded great tonight...I hope he never leaves the white patches at the burns again...
He looks young enough to dye all the hairs...lol...

he is so confident during one on one interviews...he needs
the same confidence on stage...not more planned attacks...too phony...it was so obv. that dumbfuck O'reilly called it before the debates...

dude58677
08-07-2015, 07:36 PM
Now we are seeing the 2010 Kentucky GOP candidate who schooled Trey Grayson!:D

garyallen59
08-07-2015, 07:38 PM
This Rand will win the nomination.

libertyplz
08-07-2015, 07:38 PM
Nice, just watched it. You guys weren't lying, Rand was on point and carried himself very well in this interview

squirl22
08-07-2015, 07:49 PM
Wow, thanks for posting those videos. Rand was great and Wallace respectful. Maybe they decided to make it up to Rand for not giving him equal time. Go Rand!

Crashland
08-07-2015, 08:16 PM
Rand is on top of his game now. I think maybe the grind of the campaign trail or the frustrating media obsession with Trump had been wearing on him, but now he's stepping back up to the plate.

opinionatedfool
08-07-2015, 08:17 PM
Yes, it was calculated. He had an interview before the debate where he pretty much days he was going to do this.

Why? I think it makes perfect sense. He had a pretty steady 10 percent following for awhile, get them back and out of a sudden your numbers go up and people notice. I bet most of them switched to trump and are the anti government type. Come across strong, get them back and now you are "surging".

I hope and pray it worked.

Sola_Fide
08-07-2015, 08:33 PM
Rand did great.

Texan4Life
08-07-2015, 08:34 PM
Wow, thanks for posting those videos. Rand was great and Wallace respectful. Maybe they decided to make it up to Rand for not giving him equal time. Go Rand!

+1 great interview... I felt like the anchors/panels were being more respectful also at least to his face.

I would have to rewatch debate footage (I was hitting the sauce pretty hard, epic debate lol) but it struck me when Rand asked MK for a a rebuttal and she gave him a "yes sir". everyone else just ran her over..

FSP-Rebel
08-07-2015, 08:49 PM
+1 great interview... I felt like the anchors/panels were being more respectful also at least to his face.

I would have to rewatch debate footage (I was hitting the sauce pretty hard, epic debate lol) but it struck me when Rand asked MK for a a rebuttal and she gave him a "yes sir". everyone else just ran her over..

I have a feeling this debate put Fox in a bind considering so many have been mentioning how ridiculous the Fox moderators were being, including Megyn. So, faced w/ more than the Rand types seeing the bias they have measured that they need to chill a little bit going forward as it seems like Facebook and their CEO had hands on the debate push last night thus discrediting any immigration talk or the treatment of Trump at certain times. Could be a stretch but we'll see.

CPUd
08-07-2015, 08:52 PM
Wallace said Rand can come on Sunday morning and talk about his tax plan.

Dianne
08-07-2015, 09:04 PM
I hate Chris Wallace. Will be difficult for me to watch this video.

Jackie Moon
08-07-2015, 09:04 PM

Temperamentally, the way he presented himself in this interview (and most others) is night and day from how he came off in debate. His hair also looked 100x better than it did last night (though that could simply be a result of the lower camera angle used in the Orielly interview).

My my hunch is that the persona/style that Rand presented at last night's debate was a calculated decision, designed to key up all the Ron Paul diehards who've been having/voicing doubts about Rand. Hopefully it worked, because Rand definitely needs to bring his more stately "interview" persona to the next debates if he wants to win over more low-info voters.

Yeah, he did an excellent job in the interview and looked calm, smart, reasoned, confident and "presidential". That's the perfect style to have in an interview.

The debate was a different setting though, and I agree that he had to do what he did. With all of the candidates on stage he had to stand out and bring the fire and passion or he wouldn't have been noticed at all.

Plus it's just the difference of speaking to a large crowd in a stadium as opposed to a camera in a quiet room. He was more reserved and laid back during the first forum that he did via satellite and people said he needed to be more passionate and show energy.

limequat
08-07-2015, 09:07 PM
That was great.

Note Rand complimenting the hosts here instead of bemoaning the lack of speaking time. As much as we don't like to admit it, the talking heads are actually people too. And they were proud of the work they did putting on this debate (especially Megyn). This graciousness earned him an invite to talk about his tax plan - as opposed to the knives being out for Trump.

Go Rand.

AndrewIHeart
08-07-2015, 09:08 PM
Great interview!

FSP-Rebel
08-07-2015, 09:19 PM
Rand did great on this heavily watched Fox show but Wallace (the Sunday asshole) was too nice at this point for me not to think that management has loosened the strings "the day after" to mitigate the perceived MSM feeling that Fox has attributed from their debate performance and they are trying to keep their fair and whatever crap intact. This situation worked out well from Rand and I expect a nice bump from it.

Was listening to Mark Levin tonight cuz the Tigers sucked and he just mentioned that Rand should seem less anxious which is a better treatment than Ron ever received. Beck was nice and all so I think Rand got the appearance of a plus outside of our chamber of thought. Debate win overall I'd say and then some. Pathetic conservatives needed to see this media in his favor to retake notice and obviously Rand is shining by the smile on his face.

FSP-Rebel
08-07-2015, 09:22 PM
Yeah, he did an excellent job in the interview and looked calm, smart, reasoned, confident and "presidential". That's the perfect style to have in an interview.

The debate was a different setting though, and I agree that he had to do what he did. With all of the candidates on stage he had to stand out and bring the fire and passion or he wouldn't have been noticed at all.

Plus it's just the difference of speaking to a large crowd in a stadium as opposed to a camera in a quiet room. He was more reserved and laid back during the first forum that he did via satellite and people said he needed to be more passionate and show energy.
Good points and Rand will get his poll bump from this but most will forget what went on in this debate in the next week or so. So, continue on w/ the scheduled programming and the Rand Team plan to win this nomination. That's right I said it!

GunnyFreedom
08-07-2015, 10:05 PM

I think now that the news shows after the debates are more important than the debates themselves, in quantity and kind. Use whatever time you have in the debate to create a buzz, and then go all over the news shows talking about that buzz.

Jackie Moon
08-07-2015, 10:37 PM
I think now that the news shows after the debates are more important than the debates themselves, in quantity and kind. Use whatever time you have in the debate to create a buzz, and then go all over the news shows talking about that buzz.

Right. And Youtube, Facebook, Twitter etc.

Use the debate to get people to notice you and then they will listen to you later when you have more time to expand on your ideas. And just don't blow it and have an "oops" performance.

cindy25
08-08-2015, 01:54 AM
best I have seen Rand in a while. I was beginning to think he was finished, but not after this week.

08-08-2015, 07:53 AM
Great job by Rand in this interview. I love the smack down of Christie.

65fastback2+2
08-08-2015, 08:15 AM

100% disagree.

What has Rand said? He's a "different kind of republican" and one who will "stand up to big government" and "not back down".

In doing what he did with Christie, he did ALLLLL of that.

He took the stance that Christie was big government and that he was going to stand up to him and not back down.

Walking the talk. Voters will appreciate it and if you sink back down to Marco Rubio's level you will become forgettable.

CaptUSA
08-08-2015, 08:51 AM
So, I heard Huckabee mention today that pre-debate, Rand was sick as a dog and wasn't sure if he was going to be able to make it. I'm not sure if this is true, but it may explain what I thought to be a little bit of a strange demeanor. Not like in this interview.

georgiaboy
08-08-2015, 09:32 AM
President Rand Paul, there he is.

freejack
08-08-2015, 09:35 AM
So, I heard Huckabee mention today that pre-debate, Rand was sick as a dog and wasn't sure if he was going to be able to make it. I'm not sure if this is true, but it may explain what I thought to be a little bit of a strange demeanor. Not like in this interview.

If this is true Rand did a fantastic job given the circumstances.

garyallen59
08-08-2015, 10:14 AM

What show did Huckabee say this on? Is there a video?

CaptUSA
08-08-2015, 10:58 AM
What show did Huckabee say this on? Is there a video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N53jiAV9oRw

garyallen59
08-08-2015, 11:03 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N53jiAV9oRw

Thanks

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
08-08-2015, 11:12 AM
I wonder if Rand was poisoned. His security team needs to think about where his food comes from and who prepares it.

Crashland
08-08-2015, 11:22 AM
What interests me a little bit is why Huckabee "ran into Rand Paul yesterday in South Carolina"? You generally don't just "run into" other candidates -- why did they meet?

CaptUSA
08-08-2015, 11:36 AM
What interests me a little bit is why Huckabee "ran into Rand Paul yesterday in South Carolina"? You generally don't just "run into" other candidates -- why did they meet?I saw a picture of them at the same event. Believe it or not, candidates cross paths all the time on the trail. Especially in the early states.

ETA: Here you go, from Tom Davis' page. They were both at a studio at USC-Upstate to conduct their interviews with Chris Wallace on the O'Reilly Factor.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/11836903_822863277812006_891427648303234915_n.jpg? oh=a44ec786816d1794797ed66564ca5d93&oe=568264BF

Seriously, some of you guys see a conspiracy in EVERYTHING.

Crashland
08-08-2015, 11:55 AM
I saw a picture of them at the same event. Believe it or not, candidates cross paths all the time on the trail. Especially in the early states.

ETA: Here you go, from Tom Davis' page. They were both at a studio at USC-Upstate to conduct their interviews with Chris Wallace on the O'Reilly Factor.

Seriously, some of you guys see a conspiracy in EVERYTHING.

Makes sense. Probably just me wishful thinking, cause I happen to think Huckabee would be a valuable ally

alucard13mm
08-08-2015, 01:03 PM
I wonder what Ron thought about his son's debate :P... anyone know?

Occam's Banana
08-08-2015, 01:24 PM

h/t Suzanimal: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?479843-The-GOP-Debate-Circus

Published on Aug 7, 2015
Last night's GOP debate was more like a reality TV program than a serious look at the issues. So much posturing. But when candidates did make their points is when it got really alarming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOGOKs3HPdM&feature=youtu.be

bunklocoempire
08-08-2015, 01:28 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOGOKs3HPdM

beaten to the punch.. It's Ron. I'll post it as many times as I want. lol