PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul Got the Least Talk Time of Any Debate Candidate

mello
08-07-2015, 10:17 AM
https://reason.com/blog/2015/08/07/rand-paul-got-less-talk-time-than-every

I read somewhere else that Rand spoke 900+ words. Trump spoke over 1,900. Was not at all surprised by that factoid.

We need to make sure this doesn't happen as well. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pngwcQQW5bA)

Ronin Truth
08-07-2015, 10:19 AM
Daddy's genes. :(

kahless
08-07-2015, 10:21 AM
Part of it is likely due to Rand not using up all his time or talking past the buzzer like everyone else.

Aratus
08-07-2015, 10:23 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

we actually are doing quite well despite all the earlier stories that implied the campaign is in the doldrums

jbauer
08-07-2015, 10:23 AM
Part of it is likely due to Rand not using up all his time or talking past the buzzer like everyone else.

Either that or he was in 9TH PLACE. You get time when you are leading. He is not right now. If it doesn't change soon he needs to bow out and focus on KY.

Brett85
08-07-2015, 10:26 AM
Either that or he was in 9TH PLACE. You get time when you are leading. He is not right now. If it doesn't change soon he needs to bow out and focus on KY.

Oh please. Ron was low in the polls right up until the Iowa caucus and then almost won the caucus.

kahless
08-07-2015, 10:27 AM

Both. I had been worried about these last few months leading up to the debate. It was really disappointing watching his poll numbers drop like clock work just in time for the debate. I wish he had made some noise those last two weeks just to keep his numbers up so he would get extra time.

liveandletlive
08-07-2015, 10:29 AM
he's got no where to go but up i guess.

Aratus
08-07-2015, 10:41 AM
it sounds like there will be 19 more debates. right now its the dog days of summer.
winter + iowa are going to be on our thoughts continually some 6 months from now.

Brett85
08-07-2015, 10:42 AM
Both. I had been worried about these last few months leading up to the debate. It was really disappointing watching his poll numbers drop like clock work just in time for the debate. I wish he had made some noise those last two weeks just to keep his numbers up so he would get extra time.

How do you know that Rand would've received extra time had he been higher up in the polls? Scott Walker was in 3rd place in the polls but was 9th in the debate as far as the amount of time he spoke. John Kasich was 10th in the polls but spoke longer than everyone except for Bush and Trump.

kahless
08-07-2015, 10:52 AM
How do you know that Rand would've received extra time had he been higher up in the polls? Scott Walker was in 3rd place in the polls but was 9th in the debate as far as the amount of time he spoke. John Kasich was 10th in the polls but spoke longer than everyone except for Bush and Trump.

Obviously they could have robbed him of it anyway like Walker. Since it was the metric that being used it would be nice to have going on regardless to make it more difficult for FNC to use that as an excuse when they screw Rand.

Based on FNC always sticking it to the Paul's I had Rand 2nd to last in my time prediction thread yesterday.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?479748-9pm-Debate-Time-Per-Candidate-Prediction&p=5947039#post5947039

mit26chell
08-07-2015, 05:27 PM
Rand is dumb for wanting to help / grow this atrocious party in any way. Hopefully he will recognize that.

phill4paul
08-07-2015, 05:43 PM

Sure. First debate, time to throw in the cards. Dumbass.

phill4paul
08-07-2015, 05:44 PM
Rand is dumb for wanting to help / grow this atrocious party in any way. Hopefully he will recognize that.

Ya, man. He should, like, run all independent and shit.

Wilf
08-07-2015, 05:44 PM

He was in 8th place and may get an increase from support. Avoid being pessmistic.

phill4paul
08-07-2015, 05:45 PM
it sounds like there will be 19 more debates. right now its the dog days of summer.
winter + iowa are going to be on our thoughts continually some 6 months from now.

Boom! Head shot.

phill4paul
08-07-2015, 05:46 PM
Oh please. Ron was low in the polls right up until the Iowa caucus and then almost won the caucus.

Boom. Head shot.

phill4paul
08-07-2015, 05:47 PM

Nope. His numbers came from being combative. Had he not done that he would have topped at 2-3 minutes.

Lucille
08-10-2015, 02:33 PM
G. Edward Griffin
http://needtoknow.news/

It is revealing that Donald Trump was given more than double the speaking time that Rand Paul received. This suggests that Paul is more of a challenge to old-guard Republicans than Trump is.

The focus of all candidates, including Trump, was on how bad things are and how to prevent Hillary from being elected. We are expected, not to vote for someone but to vote against someone. There is little, if any, discussion of positive political principles, restoration of sound money, or reversal of the loss of American sovereignty to the UN and its treaty organizations. In other words, it’s politics as usual.

Ronin Truth
08-10-2015, 05:43 PM
That may help to explain why he did as well as he did.