PDA

View Full Version : 92-year-old registers to vote for first time, says she will vote for Trump

RonPaulFanInGA
08-05-2015, 06:18 AM
http://www.local8now.com/home/headlines/92-year-old-registers-to-vote-for-first-time-says-will-vote-for-Trump-313102521.html

KNOX COUNTY, Tenn. - In the story that is Beada Corum's life, she knows most of it has already been written.

"It's a history book," says Corum. "I raised eight children: four boys and four girls."

At 92-years-old, she should be slowing down. But, don't tell her that.

"I'm busy all of the time," she says.

Corum still makes her daily checklists and crosses them off as she goes. But last week, she crossed off something decades in the making.

This 92-year-old citizen registered to vote for the very first time.

"We got a good country but it's going downhill so fast and we need somebody in there who can straighten it out," says Corum.

In the past, Corum says there hasn't been a candidate she was passionate about. That all changed when she heard one man speak. Corum says she plans to vote for Donald Trump in the 2016 Presidential Election.

"He's got a strong mind and he speaks it out just the way he thinks it ought to be," she says.

timosman
08-05-2015, 07:34 AM
Grandma being taken for a ride. Sad.

AuH20
08-05-2015, 07:45 AM
good for grandma. one less vote for the big 3

kahless
08-05-2015, 08:19 AM
At 92 she has had a lifetime of seeing the establishment fool people every 4 years and sees this as a chance to finally break their stranglehold.

jbauer
08-05-2015, 08:38 AM
What are you guys all missing? The same outsider meme that Trump has going for him also drew people to Ron Paul. I'm not sour on Trump. I'd vote for him over 95% of the GOP field and 100% of the democrat field.

Even if he's unelectable face to face with Billary.

juleswin
08-05-2015, 08:46 AM
I don't care if you are 12, 24, 55 or 92 yrs old. If you are one of those that support Trump, you are probably a low IQ voter. The kind of people that think with their feels instead of their head. You see these people and you try to be kind to them, that unless you are trying to swindle them which shouldn't be too hard.

They are very myopic and gullible to booth. No rational thinking whatsoever, they arrive at a conclusion and they imagine the distance between start and finish. These are the people that provided the source material for the book, The myth of the rational voter.

I am not trying to put these low IQ people down or anything because these people are hardworking people who mean well and who love their family and country. This post is to inform others who try to use reason and logic to persuade them. It would not work the same way it might work on a domesticated dog. I suggest you treat them nicely but at the same time quit trying to reason with them. It most likely gives them severe headache and strengthens their resolve to supporting their authoritarian candidate.

We live in a society where their vote will affect your life, so no need antagonizing them because they can make your life even more miserable than it is right now by giving us a Trump president. Treat them kindly and with respect and they might just show mercy on us all.

AuH20
08-05-2015, 08:49 AM
What are you guys all missing? The same outsider meme that Trump has going for him also drew people to Ron Paul. I'm not sour on Trump. I'd vote for him over 95% of the GOP field and 100% of the democrat field.

Even if he's unelectable face to face with Billary.

Yup. And just like Ron Paul, they will come to steal the momentum from him when the time is right. The RNC wants to shoehorn in Rubio, Bush or Walker who are very cozy with their Wall Street and CoC affiliated donors. Trump is ruining the all too familiar coronation to many people's delight. Watching the mindless gorilla tear apart GOP headquarters is worth the price of admission alone.

William Tell
08-05-2015, 09:34 AM
The fact that the MSM considers this 'news' says it all. I know a number of candidates, I think its safe to say that any candidate from at least State Representative up, will motivate some elderly person to register to vote for the first time. This is not news.

Rand was entirely correct when he said so much of Trump's poll numbers can be attributed to the free advertising he is getting from the MSM. Channel 8 would never report it as news if some local registered to vote the first time to vote for a liberty candidate. If you can't see this you are blinder than a bat. This article, if not this entire campaign is like something out of the freaking Onion.

William Tell
08-05-2015, 09:47 AM
Next week there will be an article that says "18 year old registers to vote, says he supports Trump". Never mind the fact that other 18 year old's are registering to vote who support Rand, Rubio, Bush, Clinton, Sanders, heck, even Lindsey Graham.

No one bothered to interview me when I registered to vote for Ron Paul as a teenager.

RDM
08-05-2015, 10:21 AM
OK, so...low information voters come in all ages...next.

No1butPaul
08-05-2015, 12:31 PM
I am not trying to put these low IQ people down

Yeah, alright.

jj-
08-05-2015, 12:38 PM
It makes sense. When you poll 34% in South Carolina, it means people from all walks of life are supporting you.

hells_unicorn
08-05-2015, 12:43 PM
So it took 92 years for senility to finally set in with this lady, I guess it's newsworthy in the sense that most old people tend to exhibit these tendencies when they are in their 70s or early 80s.

AuH20
08-05-2015, 12:49 PM
No one is buying what Jeb is selling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2seEO-hQ9Jk

hells_unicorn
08-05-2015, 12:53 PM
No one is buying what Jeb is selling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2seEO-hQ9Jk

It would be a blessing if Bush imploded early in the election, more so than somebody like Walker or Trump dropping out earlier. Hopefully people will continue to treat Jeb with extreme skepticism.

garyallen59
08-05-2015, 01:29 PM
Well my grandmother registered to vote for the first time at the age of 83 to vote for Ron Paul in 2012. No news story for her. Some grandma's are just smarter than others I guess mine wins. lol

jbauer
08-05-2015, 01:36 PM
Ahh yes, if you don't agree with them they are stupid. F your logic and save us your Rush Limbaugh meme.

What if the folks that are interested in him have grown that way because of how many times they've been screwed by the R's and D's? Past that, these are polls. Assuming Trump fades off into the sunset, he will at least provide some valuable chatter going into and out of the debate. Maybe just maybe we'll get people who normally could care less about politics to pay attention for a bit. Thats worth something.

Is he an authoritarian. Yep, just like every other candidate...including Rand Paul....that is running for president on a major party ticket.

Alright, back to being stupid. I've got a helmet to put on and a short bus to catch.

I don't care if you are 12, 24, 55 or 92 yrs old. If you are one of those that support Trump, you are probably a low IQ voter. The kind of people that think with their feels instead of their head. You see these people and you try to be kind to them, that unless you are trying to swindle them which shouldn't be too hard.

They are very myopic and gullible to booth. No rational thinking whatsoever, they arrive at a conclusion and they imagine the distance between start and finish. These are the people that provided the source material for the book, The myth of the rational voter.

I am not trying to put these low IQ people down or anything because these people are hardworking people who mean well and who love their family and country. This post is to inform others who try to use reason and logic to persuade them. It would not work the same way it might work on a domesticated dog. I suggest you treat them nicely but at the same time quit trying to reason with them. It most likely gives them severe headache and strengthens their resolve to supporting their authoritarian candidate.

We live in a society where their vote will affect your life, so no need antagonizing them because they can make your life even more miserable than it is right now by giving us a Trump president. Treat them kindly and with respect and they might just show mercy on us all.

jbauer
08-05-2015, 01:38 PM
Yup. And just like Ron Paul, they will come to steal the momentum from him when the time is right. The RNC wants to shoehorn in Rubio, Bush or Walker who are very cozy with their Wall Street and CoC affiliated donors. Trump is ruining the all too familiar coronation to many people's delight. Watching the mindless gorilla tear apart GOP headquarters is worth the price of admission alone.

Couldn't agree more. At a minimum it makes for great political theater.

NIU Students for Liberty
08-05-2015, 02:31 PM
It makes sense. When you poll 34% in South Carolina, it means people from all walks of life are supporting you.

Just like they were when President Gingrich won South Carolina in 2012?

jj-
08-07-2015, 01:10 PM
92-Year-Old Trump Supporter Loved His Debate Performance (http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/beada-corum-donald-trump-2016)

timosman
08-07-2015, 01:18 PM
92-Year-Old Trump Supporter Loved His Debate Performance (http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/beada-corum-donald-trump-2016)

Sad.