PDA

View Full Version : The "He's catchin on.. I'm tellin' ya!" thread

Revolution9
12-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Well. I went for groceries and when I got to the counter the lady, Sylvia, started loudly announcing to the store.."Ron Paul for President ya all! .. Ron Paul for President". She did this four times while I was there.. everybody was smiling and a few were nodding. She is a black lady from NYC and most of the head nods came from black folks.. Not that i am into differentiating per se but just to let you know he has crossed that American color barrier with smiles. Then I went for a coffee and the barrista pointed out all the Ron Paul DVD's and slim jims in the library somebody had put there an hour ago. Last night I went to an open mic and one of the mandolin players, an older Democrat whom I turned onto RP jumped out of his car and startled me and then the first thing out of his mouth was "Ron Paul kicked ass the other night!" (the debate..which he never would have watched prior) He was just a smiling away. He is voting in the primaries due to my coaching. For Ron Paul of course..because he's catchin' on I'm tellin' ya!

Let's get them stories of the unexpected rolling here..

Keep On Truckin"
Randy

Teenforpaul08
12-05-2007, 08:19 PM
Last week, one of my teachers just randomly said, "who here knows who ron paul is?" I raised my hand and did a I'm-glad-smile.

Matthew Zak
12-05-2007, 08:22 PM
That's amazing.

I am fishing for Ron Paul supporters at work. I drive a school bus, and we park in a dirt lot which means our buses are caked with dirt. I licked my finger and wrote "RON PAUL" on the rear emergency door window. That will remain there until someone else uses my bus and decides it's necessary to wash it off. Most of us are too lazy and avoider's of cold to go out of our way to wash the bus when we don't have to, so it's probably safe to say it will be there for a couple of weeks. I drive that thing 6 hours a day 5 days a week, and I visit 4 different schools every day, minimum. Let's not forget the 200+ bus drivers who come in and out of the same lot that I do, and will probably catch a glimpse. I am hoping that someone will catch on and write RON PAUL on their bus.

Sometimes I will even announce over the radio, "Vote for RON PAUL" when people are being a little too chatty. It's am emergency band so I can't say it too often, but when I see a window of opportunity I seize it.

bbachtung
12-05-2007, 08:24 PM
Speaking of truckin', where's Truckin' Mike been lately?

McDermit
12-05-2007, 08:28 PM
I went with my mom to a doctor appt today, and took 2 of the new 12 page brochures with me (along with some other lit) to leave in the waiting room. I left them on the two tables, then went to put slim jims in the mag/lit rack on the back of the door... and there were already slim jims there! And not from us!

chinaCat
12-05-2007, 08:34 PM
I was walking down mainstreet on my way home from class tonight and the am radio station had a huge ron paul 2008 poster in the window

hamdog
12-05-2007, 08:39 PM
Last week, one of my teachers just randomly said, "who here knows who ron paul is?" I raised my hand and did a I'm-glad-smile.

what class are you in? what was the discussion about?

also, what's with the slim jims and where do i get some?

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
12-05-2007, 08:43 PM
I went with my mom to a doctor appt today, and took 2 of the new 12 page brochures with me (along with some other lit) to leave in the waiting room. I left them on the two tables, then went to put slim jims in the mag/lit rack on the back of the door... and there were already slim jims there! And not from us!

Awesome

http://www.thejubileeacademy.org/phpBB2/big_smiley.jpg

matthylland
12-05-2007, 08:45 PM

you can get them at ron paul's store

ronpaul2008.com/store and go to slimjims, there are many styles to choose from. I usually keep on hand a 'old fashioned conservative' pack, and democrat pack, a small business pack and a no tips pack for when i go out to eat.

hamdog
12-05-2007, 09:07 PM
you gotta be kidding me! i really thought that we were talking about beef jerky!

man i am green.

wouldn't that be way cooler, though? i mean, now that everyone (including me) knows that slim jims are small campaign leaflets?

ckhagen
12-05-2007, 09:11 PM
Awesome!!!!

We have an informal little subset of our Meetup group that meets once a week at a public location to just talk and draw attention. We thought there would only be 4 of us there tonight (regulars), but EIGHT new people showed up!!!! EIGHT. That's huge for us. These were people who had never been to a Meetup before! We're totally jazzed.

jpinkerton
12-05-2007, 09:16 PM
Hey I thought Slim Jims were the meat too, with a Ron Paul paper attached.

Janet0116
12-05-2007, 09:18 PM
Every time I go to my meetup, there are new faces. :)

When we sign wave on street corners (in Little Rock) we always get several honks, smiles and thumbs up

I too have noticed that many black people support Ron Paul.

I keep a stack of Ron Paul DVDs on the corner of my desk at work. My boss picked one up the other day and said 'Ron Paul, huh? I liked him in the debate'

Freedom really is popular!

Bluedevil
12-05-2007, 09:22 PM
I was in Austin, TX last week and saw 3 huge billboards on the way from the airport. On campus there was a group of students who had a huge Ron Paul sign and a booth set up with a small crowd gathered around. Encouraging.

hamdog
12-05-2007, 09:53 PM
Hey I thought Slim Jims were the meat too, with a Ron Paul paper attached.

thanks for bailin' me out.

i was thinking a step further, in which the ad was printed right on the wrapper.

i am so going to roll with this.

Patronus
12-05-2007, 10:00 PM
I was in Austin, TX last week and saw 3 huge billboards on the way from the airport. On campus there was a group of students who had a huge Ron Paul sign and a booth set up with a small crowd gathered around. Encouraging.

UT Students for Ron Paul represent! We're out there every day now. More and more students are coming up either already sold on Ron Paul or eager to learn. He's catchin' on, I'm tellin' ya!

Seriously though, you look around and think, "how can we not win????"

McDermit
12-05-2007, 10:03 PM
I was walking down mainstreet on my way home from class tonight and the am radio station had a huge ron paul 2008 poster in the window

bloomsburg?

chinaCat
12-05-2007, 10:17 PM
bloomsburg?

yessir

ItsTime
12-05-2007, 10:18 PM
Good idea! Then follow up the 16 money and ad with Operation Front Door:

Support Operation Front Door (http://www.myspace.com/operationfrontdoor)!

Operation Front Door: Basically the plan is to get meetups all across the country to have a big canvassing push the week after the 16th. This will coincide with the December 16th tea party-

Picture this; You're sitting at home watching the evening news and you're seeing "Ron Paul makes another fund raising record" then 'knock-knock'- it's Ron Paul supporters at your door. That's kind of the idea. While the media is pushing the fund raising we're knocking on doors showing how strong this grassroots campaign is and offering information about Ron Paul....

McDermit
12-05-2007, 10:25 PM
yessir

:D

Mike Anderson and Bill Anderson of the Luzerne County meetup were down in Bloom doing a sign wave today. The owner of WHLM and 103.5FM stopped by and asked if he could have one of their big signs.

He invited them to do an interview tomorrow morning. Mike can't be there, but Bill will be on 930AM WHLM around 8:30AM to talk about RP! :D

It should be streamed online at www.whlm.com if anyone out of the area wants to listen in.

runningdiz
12-05-2007, 10:25 PM
Good idea! Then follow up the 16 money and ad with Operation Front Door:

Support Operation Front Door (http://www.myspace.com/operationfrontdoor)!

Operation Front Door: Basically the plan is to get meetups all across the country to have a big canvassing push the week after the 16th. This will coincide with the December 16th tea party-

Picture this; You're sitting at home watching the evening news and you're seeing "Ron Paul makes another fund raising record" then 'knock-knock'- it's Ron Paul supporters at your door. That's kind of the idea. While the media is pushing the fund raising we're knocking on doors showing how strong this grassroots campaign is and offering information about Ron Paul....

Can you stop spamming this everywhere rather annoying... make your own thread stop trying to steal others....

chinaCat
12-05-2007, 10:34 PM
:D

Mike Anderson and Bill Anderson of the Luzerne County meetup were down in Bloom doing a sign wave today. The owner of WHLM and 103.5FM stopped by and asked if he could have one of their big signs.

He invited them to do an interview tomorrow morning. Mike can't be there, but Bill will be on 930AM WHLM around 8:30AM to talk about RP! :D

It should be streamed online at www.whlm.com if anyone out of the area wants to listen in.

Thats cool, I put up a few flyer's in a few of the bus stops on campus for when the bus are running late and they need something to read. I was in Luzerne county this weekend and saw a few banners for Paul in and around Wilkes Barre.

I wont be up at 8:30am though. I'm a college student.

lucius
12-05-2007, 11:17 PM
After paying at the local Valero gas station the little hunched-over blue-haired lady said out of the blue, "God Bless You and Vote for Ron Paul!" Thunderstruck and choked-up, I could only squeak-out a "Yes Ma'm".

NewEnd
12-05-2007, 11:24 PM
I was half asleep on the bus when I heard a BIG FAT guy say to a frind "hes a Republican, but really a Libertarian" I pump my fist in the air and say "Ron Paul, Baby!", he looks at me and says "yeah, he sucks" I say "why?", he says "privatizing everything doesn't make it work", I jsut smirk and turn back around, not wanting to butt into a conversation.

About five minutes later, I get off the bus, BIG FAT guy gets off 15 feet behind me. As I am walking up towards my community college, a guy is walkign towards me, in a ron paul shirt!!!! I yell "Ron Paul baby!" And he yells back "Ron Paul!" And I yell "Ron Paul, woooooooo!!!"

nist7
12-05-2007, 11:34 PM
LOL.....awesome stories!

tekkierich
12-05-2007, 11:36 PM
I was happy to see this in the local politics blog.
Ron Paul Supporters Out Flank Maryland GOP filing a full slate of delegates, 6 candidates for Congress (http://www.politickermd.com/ron-paul-supporters-file-full-slate-delegates-6-candidates-congress-213)

Can You Hear Us NOW?
http://www.politickermd.com/files/politickermd/images/BoltMD120507.preview.jpg

hillertexas
12-05-2007, 11:37 PM

slim jims are on the official site
www.ronpaul2008.com

Welcome to the Forum! :)

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-05-2007, 11:45 PM
I have quite a few stories because I literally talk about Ron Paul everywhere.. my business functions, my home office, the internet, my kids school, doctors office,etc... A few weeks ago I was in the post office and an old mentor of mine was there and we were talking and he had noticed the bumper sticker on my truck and said that liked what he heard about Ron Paul (he is an 80 year old lifelong democrat who will be voting for a Republican for the first time in his life). The postal clerk perked up and said "who is Ron Paul" so of course I went into my lecture about who Dr. Paul is and why this country needs him so badly. So I went back a couple of days ago and she says "Are you going to go see the blimp at manassas airfield?". I did not tell her about the blimp but she went home, looked him up, liked what she saw and is now commited to Ron Paul.

On a side note, I live in a town of about 3,000 people. This town usually swings heavily Republican (this was Bush country) and so far the ONLY signs in town are Ron Paul signs. Whenever I see another one go up I know that somehow I am responsible for it being there. Just living proof that one person can make a change!

hillertexas
12-06-2007, 11:29 PM
bump

r3volution
12-06-2007, 11:34 PM
http://hescatchingonimtellingya.ytmnd.com/

hillertexas
12-07-2007, 03:47 PM
bump

ursamajor
12-07-2007, 04:29 PM
I bought a Christmas tree from three guys. Two of them were like 'Ron Paul! Yeah! I am voting for him!" The other one was like, 'Ron Paul! Yeah! I am Canadian, but I might naturalize if Ron Paul gets elected!'

specialkornflake
12-07-2007, 04:51 PM
I went to a local grocery store and went to read the week's special savings in the back by the bathroom and found a liberty card tucked into a corner of the sign.