PDA

View Full Version : Conspiracy of positivity?

Matthew Zak
12-05-2007, 07:46 PM
What if everyone including Pat Buchanan were intentionally downplaying the significance of this "revolution" in order to add shock value to their eventual endorsement? By everyone I mean certain pundits, celebrities, and other political personnel as well. What if people aren't as sheep-minded as we thought? What if their's an army of people out there just waiting for the "signal" to "storm" the establishment?

I've been getting this sense lately, and I'll tell you why.

Many of us have reported seeing supporters not just randomly, but conveniently. In our own backyard. In our schools and at work. Though most Ron Paul supporters are shouting at the top of their lungs, many of us have seen the quiet ones who seem to be lurking among us waiting for something.

It reminds me of 311's (a band, if you haven't heard) fan base. For years the band didn't get the credit they deserved. They're anti-establishment, anti-war, and they strongly encourage people to have an open mind. Since the band formed in the late 80's and their popularity peaked in the mid-90's, their fans of grown up to become DJ's, Policemen, Doctors, Bus Drivers and Musicians themselves. 311's music and message strongly effected thousands, maybe millions of people, and those people are now influencing the rest of the world. Sometimes you'll see 311 pop up in movies, or as background music on TV shows where they would normally not show up. Blake Lewis sang a 10 year old 311 song on American Idol and that nearly won him the contest. The judges thought it was a "new style" because none of them had ever heard of 311.

My point is this: 311's fans have waited years to get the band's name out there, and put them places they have deserved to be for many years. But they had to wait until they were on position to do so.

Maybe this is a fantasy, and Ron Paul's support is only as apparent and as big as we've made it. But I have honestly been getting the sense that, because it's not worth trying to change the mainstream media's mind, that our special ops Ron Paul supporters are behind the scenes, doing Mission: Impossible type of work, strategically putting themselves in a position to make the biggest possible boom when the time is just right.

Humor me. If there WERE such a time, when would that time be, do you suppose?

Nyte
12-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Interesting thoughts. I would think the time will be later this year or after the first primary.

pacelli
12-05-2007, 08:01 PM
Well after watching the Iowa campaign video, the campaign is saying the 9 days after christmas is going to be the 'peak' so to speak.

RobS
12-05-2007, 08:04 PM
Yeah, that video was awesome! Makes me so excited for the future, and pumps me up to do more for the campaign so the peak will be even bigger than expected.

Okay, that sounds kind of weird, but I'm really excited so w/e.

:):):):)

1913_to_2008
12-05-2007, 08:08 PM
I think this may be the case with Pat Buchanin. Also some celebrities have to start endorsing Paul

rfbz
12-05-2007, 08:23 PM
I think there's 2 components to getting people on board with Ron Paul: There's explicitly supporting and endorsing Ron Paul, and then there's the spreading of ideas that Ron Paul stands for. Buchanan is practicing the latter, and at this point is probably the best thing for him to do right now. If he had endorsed Ron Paul a long time ago, when he speaks of limited government, people might say "oh Pat Buchanan, yeah he's that guy working for Ron Paul so he talks about limited government and criticizes our foreign policy all the time". But since he hasn't done that, people take his word for what he says more seriously and it's backed by the respect and credibility he has built up over the years.

Maybe further down the line he will get more explicit with his support of Ron Paul, and it seems he's already starting to move in that direction.

RonPaulVolunteer
12-05-2007, 08:25 PM
Perhaps we should kill this thread. Because I believe you're right, and best not to have the others catching on.

Matthew Zak
12-05-2007, 08:28 PM
Perhaps we should kill this thread. Because I believe you're right, and best not to have the others catching on.

;)

lucius
12-05-2007, 11:07 PM
I like your post! These quotes are not directed to you, but too the newly awakening:

"Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you." -- Pericles, 430 B.C.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, it expects what never was and never will be. "Thomas Jefferson

"Democracy is defended in 3 stages. Ballot Box, Jury Box, Cartridge Box." -- Ambrose Bierce

lasenorita
12-05-2007, 11:18 PM
I believe pacelli was referring to Ron Paul Iowa Chairman - Drew Ivers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wo7G6j6bi4)... (Correct me if I'm wrong.)