PDA

View Full Version : Question

Teenforpaul08
12-05-2007, 07:44 PM
Hi, I'm 16 and plan on donating $100 on December 16. I don't have a credit card but I do have a check card. The donation rules are that you have to be atleast 18 to donate. I want my name to show up as a "recent donor" but it won't if I don't use my own card...I really want to be part of the money bomb!!!

Any suggestions?

hillertexas
12-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Ask your mom to use her's and pay her back. Unfortunately, there is no way to donate yourself...sorry :( But at least you could maybe see your last name appear on the screen.

Welcome aboard! You may donate all the time and energy your heart desires!

dsentell
12-05-2007, 07:50 PM
hillertexas is right, that is the only legal way to do it.

No one here can suggest that you contribute illegally.

By the way, WELCOME! Glad to know that you support the good Doctor!

Teenforpaul08
12-05-2007, 07:52 PM
*sigh* I guess I'll have to do that. Thanks all!

dsentell
12-05-2007, 07:55 PM
*sigh* I guess I'll have to do that. Thanks all!

It is a shame when you are obviously so passionate and are mature enough to know what you want to do . . . But you can take pride in knowing that you contributed and that YOU made a difference ! :)

bbachtung
12-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Call the campaign and ask whether this is a typo because I swear that I read somewhere (after it came out that Mitt and Obama had several $2,300 donors under the age of 10) that RP said that he won't take contributions from those under 16. No VALID federal law requires you to be 18: it requires that the contribution be made by a bona fide supporter who is using his / her own money (in other words, parents are not supposed to max themselves out and then move onto their two year olds). The U.S. Supreme Court struck down the provision of McCain-Feingold-Fred Thompson that prohibited contributions by those under 17 years of age. http://www.fecwatch.org/law/court/mcconnelltable.asp