PDA

View Full Version : 'Cecil' The Lion Projected Onto The Empire State Building

S.Shorland
08-03-2015, 12:37 AM
Meanwhile Planned Parenthood kills and harvests baby organs.It all adds up to closer world government integration and glorification of 'nature' above God and man. http://news.sky.com/story/1529279/cecil-the-lion-beamed-onto-empire-state-building

dannno
08-03-2015, 12:52 AM
The media can sell just about anything.

CPUd
08-03-2015, 03:51 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Sz3tHtb.jpg

Suzanimal
08-03-2015, 03:54 AM
This may sound a little mean but I don't give a fuck about Cecil.

tod evans
08-03-2015, 04:24 AM
Why doesn't "Teh-Newz" trumpet about the folks killed by kops?

Occam's Banana
08-03-2015, 04:49 AM
Why doesn't "Teh-Newz" trumpet about the folks killed by kops?

And not just by kops ...

Laurence Vance: https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/cecil-the-lion/

Many Americans are outraged over the death of Cecil the lion at the hands of a U.S. dentist. How many are outraged at the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Iraqis and Afghans at the hands of the U.S. military? Probably not as many.

tod evans
08-03-2015, 05:01 AM
And not just by kops ...

Laurence Vance: https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/cecil-the-lion/

Yeah, I suppose Cecil was one of them-thar foreigners eh?

Maybe it's only redheaded carnivorous foreigners who're able to garner sympathy from the bleeding hearts?

But whaddabout the zebras and giraffes? :rolleyes:

rg17
08-03-2015, 07:28 AM
Yeah, I suppose Cecil was one of them-thar foreigners eh?

Maybe it's only redheaded carnivorous foreigners who're able to garner sympathy from the bleeding hearts?

But whaddabout the zebras and giraffes? :rolleyes:

How about kittens?

Origanalist
08-03-2015, 07:51 AM
How about kittens?

Cat lives matter!

Carlybee
08-03-2015, 07:53 AM
NYC is full of nuts. I'm sure DiBlasio had something to do with this. You won't see them projecting images of the real hunted in Africa...ie, men,women and children in Darfur who are exterminated on a daily basis.

RonPaulIsGreat
08-03-2015, 08:06 AM
Meanwhile Planned Parenthood kills and harvests baby organs.It all adds up to closer world government integration and glorification of 'nature' above God and man. http://news.sky.com/story/1529279/cecil-the-lion-beamed-onto-empire-state-building

Personally, I think people that kill animals of any type human or lion for fun, or simple convenience, or expedience are disgusting.

I thought God gave man dominion over the earth. Apparently to some control and or ownership infers wanton destruction for maniacal pleasure. I don't agree, I have dominion over my property I don't seek to harm it for it pleasure.

Killing for fun=PIECE of Shit. It really is that simple. Demon possessed if you want to transpose spiritual terms for psychological. Psychopath behavior. Pleasure from the act of killing, as opposed to pleasure from gaining the necessary resources killing can provide (hunting for food for example). No one that does that is "saved" under any scenario, that is just demented. No two ways about it.

HankRicther12
08-03-2015, 08:10 AM
Personally, I think people that kill animals of any type human or lion for fun, or simple convenience, or expedience are disgusting.

I thought God gave man dominion over the earth. Apparently to some control and or ownership infers wanton destruction for maniacal pleasure. I don't agree, I have dominion over my property I don't seek to harm it for it pleasure.

Killing for fun=PIECE of Shit. It really is that simple. Demon possessed if you want to transpose spiritual terms for psychological. Psychopath behavior. Pleasure from the act of killing, as opposed to pleasure from gaining the necessary resources killing can provide (hunting for food for example). No one that does that is "saved" under any scenario, that is just demented. No two ways about it.

Yeah, I think it's good to know how to survive, but killing to get your jollies is pathetic, having said that I still think this thing has gotten blown way out of proportion and like most things it's turned into a political football rather than getting at any real issue.

Occam's Banana
08-03-2015, 08:12 AM
Cat lives matter! But only one-ninth as much as other lives ...

RonPaulIsGreat
08-03-2015, 08:12 AM
NYC is full of nuts. I'm sure DiBlasio had something to do with this. You won't see them projecting images of the real hunted in Africa...ie, women and children in Darfur who are exterminated on a daily basis.

Glad you didn't mention all the innocent men getting killed.

Carlybee
08-03-2015, 08:36 AM
Glad you didn't mention all the innocent men getting killed.

I changed it for you so you won't be butt hurt.

RonPaulIsGreat
08-03-2015, 08:38 AM
I changed it for you so you won't be butt hurt.

Wow, you are a pleasant person.

Carlybee
08-03-2015, 08:39 AM
Wow, you are a pleasant person.

Berating me with political correctness first thing in the morning always puts a smile on my face. I could say the same about you for nitpicking my post.

RonPaulIsGreat
08-03-2015, 08:48 AM
Berating me with political correctness first thing in the morning always puts a smile on my face. I could say the same about you for nitpicking my post.

berating, nitpicking, political correctness!! I didn't realize I was being so mean. My apologies your grace.

Carlybee
08-03-2015, 08:52 AM
berating, nitpicking, political correctness!! I didn't realize I was being so mean. My apologies your grace.

Go find a fight somewhere else. I'm not going to hijack this thread with BS.

oyarde
08-03-2015, 08:56 AM
The real questions are, will Cecil get as much time as Mao did ? Will this improve the lion hunting income in the Babwe ?

Suzanimal
08-03-2015, 08:58 AM
FFS...

Senate Proposes Cecil The Lion Bill, But Still Nothing To Stop Killer Cops

While we tried to get to the bottom of the strange lack of empathy that so many have for unarmed victims of police brutality in the United States, Senators were moving quickly to underline our point.

The Conserving Ecosystems by Ceasing the Importation of Large (CECIL) Animal Trophies Act would extend existing U.S. import and export restrictions on trophy hunting to lay down severe penalties for animals listing or proposed as threatened or endangered under the Endangered Species Act.

Meanwhile, those senators have not proposed any similar, parallel measures to punish police officers who kill unarmed or non-aggressing human beings in the United States.

Democrats Bob Menendez (N.J.), Cory Booker (N.J.), Richard Blumenthal (Conn.) and Ben Cardin (Md.) all co-sponsored the legislation, but they have found it apparently easier to take a stand for Cecil than to do the same for John Crawford, Mike Brown, Tamir Rice, Eric Garner, Sam DuBose and so many new names added to the list every day.

“Cecil’s death was a preventable tragedy that highlights the need to extend the protections of the Endangered Species Act,” Menendez expressed in a statement on Friday. “When we have enough concern about the future of a species to propose it for listing, we should not be killing it for sport.” In a similar statement, Blumenthal called the hunting of endangered species “a reprehensible and repugnant act.”

So why not step up and propose similar harsh penalties for killer cops? What message is the government sending here? It is clear that they believe Cecil the Lion’s life matters… so why don’t our lives matter to them – at least not to the extend that they are willing to step up and hold the killers accountable in the same way?

http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/08/senate-proposes-cecil-the-lion-bill-but-still-nothing-for-cops/

RonPaulIsGreat
08-03-2015, 09:03 AM
Go find a fight somewhere else. I'm not going to hijack this thread with BS.

Yessum. her grace.

donnay
08-03-2015, 09:04 AM
These Cecil stories are nothing more than mere diversions to get different hate groups wound up. They need to have chaos so they can bring order out of chaos.

specsaregood
08-03-2015, 09:16 AM
I wonder what lion tastes like... maybe oyarde will stumble by and let us know.

oyarde
08-03-2015, 09:20 AM
For those really interested in Lions , if I recall , there are a pair on display at the Field Museum . Tsavo lions that ate around 35 people . Tsavo lions are Masai Lions best I can tell . Cecil , now , well he was at the end of his life I presume given his age . I can post lion recipes later.

oyarde
08-03-2015, 09:28 AM

I first ate it in Rhodesia , better than I expected. They even raised a breed of dog called a Ridgeback to hunt lions. I am a sportsman of course and used no dogs :) .

angelatc
08-03-2015, 10:42 AM

If it isn't your lion, then it really isn't really your place to pronounce it demented or euphoric.

tod evans
08-03-2015, 11:39 AM
I first ate it in Rhodesia , better than I expected. They even raised a breed of dog called a Ridgeback to hunt lions. I am a sportsman of course and used no dogs :) .

Never tried it but I would if it was offered.....

tod evans
08-03-2015, 11:41 AM
How about kittens?

Kittens make the most tender burrito stuffing and the best part is they're free, delivered even.....:cool:

devil21
08-03-2015, 04:29 PM
FFS...

Ahh....shoulda known it was a setup to introduce some environmentalist legislation in conjunction with Obama's final stake through the heart of the domestic-use coal industry. Par for the course. If the media trumpets something non-stop, it's a setup for some political agenda and is usually a fabricated and coordinated 'story'.

RonPaulMall
08-03-2015, 08:15 PM

UWDude
08-03-2015, 11:00 PM
If it isn't your lion, then it really isn't really your place to pronounce it demented or euphoric.

How do you figure?

If someone buys up kittens and puppies to cut their heads off, and make chandeliers out of them, we can't pronounce it demented because it is their kittens and puppies?

UWDude
08-03-2015, 11:02 PM

Who knew Cecil spoke such eloquent English and in such poetic format? He must have learned it from all the american tourists chatting while taking pictures of him.

kcchiefs6465
08-03-2015, 11:37 PM
It is delicious.

Try it if you get the chance.

puppetmaster
08-04-2015, 12:02 AM

You cannot judge him.......that is God's work.

puppetmaster
08-04-2015, 12:05 AM
It is delicious.

Try it if you get the chance. it is delicious. I have eaten zebra gazelle many other beautiful animals and they were all good. I am glad we ate them so they did not go to waste.

kcchiefs6465
08-04-2015, 12:18 AM
it is delicious. I have eaten zebra gazelle many other beautiful animals and they were all good. I am glad we ate them so they did not go to waste.
I have not tried zebra or gazelle but would if offered.

I find it a little bit odd that people have such a kneejerk reaction to the sort of food a particular culture eats. Like pigs are any more 'reasonable' to eat (for lack of a better word) than cats, kangaroos, or chicken.

asurfaholic
08-04-2015, 04:30 AM
There really is no way to fight the news cycle? There is absolutely no significance to this story, yet while major battles rage between forces who want to take freedom and the few who are trying to stop them, and THIS is what qualifies as news....

And it actually works, here in RPF it creates divide. It's a friggen lion. A hunter killed it. Whoopsi do.

asurfaholic
08-04-2015, 04:32 AM

Me neither. Give the media enough time with it and they will probably find out that Cecil was actually a gay lion who liked to have his balls licked by other male lions.

cindy25
08-04-2015, 05:53 AM
the sociopath went to a protected park, and lured him out. what if he killed animals in a zoo? or started shooting family pets? trophy hunting should end, not necessarily by law but by making the hunter ostracized. airlines have already banned the transport of the trophies. next their addresses and professions should be publicized. most are doctors, dentists, lawyers, executives and would lose their practices/jobs/businesses if it were known they were sociopaths. same should be done with regard to killer cops/DEA and other killers.

tod evans
08-04-2015, 06:00 AM
the sociopath went to a protected park, and lured him out. what if he killed animals in a zoo? or started shooting family pets? trophy hunting should end, not necessarily by law but by making the hunter ostracized. airlines have already banned the transport of the trophies. next their addresses and professions should be publicized. most are doctors, dentists, lawyers, executives and would lose their practices/jobs/businesses if it were known they were sociopaths. same should be done with regard to killer cops/DEA and other killers.

Has it dawned on you that there might, just maybe, possibly, be a difference in killing wildlife or domestic animals and humans?

Given what you've written it seems as though you're giving all equal weight in your efforts to demonize hunters.

Pericles
08-04-2015, 08:48 AM
http://maggiesfarm.anotherdotcom.com/uploads/CecilisDead.jpg

oyarde
08-04-2015, 08:51 AM

I find it a little bit odd that people have such a kneejerk reaction to the sort of food a particular culture eats. Like pigs are any more 'reasonable' to eat (for lack of a better word) than cats, kangaroos, or chicken.
I really enjoy pigs and chickens :)

oyarde
08-04-2015, 08:53 AM
Me neither. Give the media enough time with it and they will probably find out that Cecil was actually a gay lion who liked to have his balls licked by other male lions.

This will make him a hero lion worthy of dem hall of fame status .

oyarde
08-04-2015, 08:59 AM

Yep.

enhanced_deficit
08-04-2015, 09:25 AM
ddg's owners know what they is doing.

Media blitz on killing of animal 'Cecil' to distract attention from murder of human child 'Ali Saad (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?479560-Media-blitz-on-killing-of-animal-Cecil-to-distract-attention-from-murder-of-human-Ali-Saad&)'

Occam's Banana
08-04-2015, 09:35 AM
More Lion Abuse?
https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/more-lion-abuse/
Tom DiLorenzo (03 August 2015)

So a Harley Davidson dude is riding along past the city zoo just as a lion reaches through his cage and grabs a young boy. A quick thinker, he jumps off his bike and into the cage, punches the lion in the nose, and grabs the youngster from the clutches of the beast. The stunned crowd cheers wildly.

A journalist in the crowd quickly approaches the biker for an on-the-spot interview. “I’ve never seen such an act of bravery,” he says, and “I have to write about this for tomorrow’s paper. Tell me a little about yourself.”

The biker dude says: “Well, I’m a libertarian TEA Party activist who voted for Ron Paul, and I read LewRockwell.com first thing every morning.” “Great!”, says the journalist. “Check out the front page tomorrow morning,” and he walks away.

Upon retrieving the morning paper, the biker was a little confused by the headline:

“SUSPECTED DOMESTIC TERRORIST ASSAULTS AFRICAN IMMIGRANT AND STEALS HIS LUNCH.”

tod evans
08-04-2015, 09:38 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Occam's Banana again.

Little help here?

puppetmaster
08-04-2015, 10:19 AM

I find it a little bit odd that people have such a kneejerk reaction to the sort of food a particular culture eats. Like pigs are any more 'reasonable' to eat (for lack of a better word) than cats, kangaroos, or chicken. I agree.....perhaps conditioning and propaganda?

puppetmaster
08-04-2015, 10:23 AM
http://maggiesfarm.anotherdotcom.com/uploads/CecilisDead.jpg

OMG OMG THEY ARE SOOOO CUTE. that is a lot of meat right there.

puppetmaster
08-04-2015, 10:27 AM

What if they donated the meat to the locals? Can they not eat what they kill and still mount the animal on the wall? Is it ok to kill an animal that then gets eaten?

angelatc
08-04-2015, 10:32 AM
I wonder how hard would it be to do this with some pictures of aborted fetuses?

angelatc
08-04-2015, 10:37 AM
Has it dawned on you that there might, just maybe, possibly, be a difference in killing wildlife or domestic animals and humans?

Given what you've written it seems as though you're giving all equal weight in your efforts to demonize hunters.

"Trophy hunting should end!" - That's why I have her on my ignore list. SHe isn't a libertarian, she's a Democrat. The freedom answer is that public ownership of lions and property should end. I guarantee you that if the guides actually worked for a private hunting preserve, that Cecil the official mascot would be licking his own balls today, or the dentist would be facing charges for theft and destruction of private property.

rg17
08-04-2015, 11:06 AM
Why is this even newsworthy to begin with! This probably is a distraction from the TPP and Planned Parenthood.

UWDude
08-04-2015, 11:18 AM
"Trophy hunting should end!" - That's why I have her on my ignore list. SHe isn't a libertarian, she's a Democrat. The freedom answer is that public ownership of lions and property should end. I guarantee you that if the guides actually worked for a private hunting preserve, that Cecil the official mascot would be licking his own balls today, or the dentist would be facing charges for theft and destruction of private property.

There is nothing wrong with advocating social ostracisation for things you do not like. That is part of freedom too.

She said:

not necessarily by law but by making the hunter ostracized.

kahless
08-04-2015, 11:32 AM
If they have to reduce or maintain the herd for whatever reason it does not make any difference if they are simply killed the Lion or killed it for a trophy.

These people could not give a damn about that Lion or were aware of this Lion before the media started pumping the story. This is all about starting and maintaining a dialogue to criminalize hunting and a complete ban on gun ownership. If you listen to Bernie Sanders and the support he is receiving from the left you would see what is going on. This is what we will be fighting in the coming years.

The timing of all this now is for the added purpose of distracting from the Planned Parenthood scandal.

Ronin Truth
08-04-2015, 03:31 PM
Milk it!

Suzanimal
10-12-2015, 12:07 PM
Zimbabwe Will Not Charge Dentist For Killing Cecil The Lion

Walter Palmer, the Minnesota dentist who sparked outrage for killing Zimbabwe’s Cecil the Lion in July, will not be charged over the animal’s death, the country’s environment minister announced Monday, according to Reuters.

Palmer legally obtained the proper documentation to visit and hunt in the southern African country, environment minister Oppah Muchinguri-Kashiri told reporters.
“We approached the police and then the prosecutor general, and it turned out that Palmer came to Zimbabwe because all the papers were in order,” Muchinguri-Kashiri said.

Palmer killed the prized 13-year-old lion in July at Hwange National Park. Palmer and his guides reportedly lured Cecil away from the park and shot him with an arrow that did not immediately kill the lion. The hunters reportedly later killed Cecil with a gun after tracking him for two days.

Palmer reportedly paid his guides $55,000 to help him kill Cecil.

At the time, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service said it was looking into the issue and assisting Zimbabwe officials, a spokesperson for the agency said.

After attracting online hate over the animal’s death, the dentist said he did not realize the lion he “took” was a “known, local favorite.”

“[Palmer] is free to come [back], not for hunting, but as a tourist,” Muchinguri-Kashiri said, according to Bloomberg.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/maryanngeorgantopoulos/zimbabwe-will-not-charge-dentist-for-killing-cecil-the-lion?utm_term=.fnDjB7n5b#.nf80gZ5lE

Anti Federalist
10-12-2015, 05:31 PM
Hunting increases the numbers of big game animals, if done properly and is a net good toward evironmental stewardship.

Meanwhile, "ecotourism", hot among the tree hugging, sandal wearing set, does this:

Ecotourism doing native wildlife more harm than good

http://www.sciencerecorder.com/news/2015/10/12/ecotourism-native-wildlife-harm-good/