PDA

View Full Version : Northern KY’s Thomas Massie leading the charge to oust Boehner

tsai3904
08-02-2015, 11:59 AM
NKY’s Massie leading the charge to oust Boehner

August 1, 2015

Two months after first being elected to Congress, Thomas Massie made it clear he didn’t want John Boehner as Speaker of the House.

In Jan. 2013 and also this January, he voted against re-electing the Republican from West Chester as speaker.

Massie, R-Garrison, still hasn’t warmed to Boehner’s leadership.

Boehner should have allowed debate on topics, such as President Barack Obama getting involved in the conflicts in the Middle East, Massie said.

“Every time he’s chosen not to act and let the president act, the power of the House atrophies,” Massie said. “We should be debating the declaration of war and use of force.”

More:
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2015/08/01/nkys-massie-leading-charge-oust-boehner/31009769/

nobody's_hero
08-04-2015, 06:34 AM
I don't know if that's the strongest case he could have made, if his goal is to get fellow republicans on board with this. Heck even most democrats would not come at it from the foreign policy standpoint if it meant making Obama look bad.

I'd have been more like, "Hey, remember how this asshole kicked everyone off of committees because they didn't agree with him? Are y'all still mad about that enough to take away Boehner's power?"

But I wish Massie well in this endeavor, nonetheless.

Dianne
08-04-2015, 12:31 PM
The GOP was elected in the majority this past election to end Obama's abuse of power. If anything, it has gotten worse due to Boehner's inaction. Nothing has been done about Obamacare, immigration, abuse of power, next up climate change, the TPP, treaty with Iran. The Alex Jones show is reporting right now that Boehner doesn't have enough votes to retain the speaker position so let's hope this Congress will take him down.