PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Flyers? 90K Myspace notifications??

Lord Xar
12-05-2007, 07:38 PM
Why isn't this being done?

I have not time to handle this, but who handled this during the NOV.5th DRIVE???

Where are those people. They were posting facebook flyers, contacting MySpace Friends of Ron Paul's etc..

colecrowe
12-05-2007, 07:45 PM
NOTE TO ADMINS. Please sticky this. This is absolutely essential.

We can have people "officially" sign up to manually message a certain range of names in MYSPACE and FACEBOOK so that there isn't too much duplication and wasted efforts. And to make sure it gets done, otherwise it won't. It has to be coordinated.

Something like a wiki would probably be best for this? Something where things can be signed up for, checked off, etc. We need organization. We need an ingenious idea for a method to facilitate this.

colecrowe
12-05-2007, 07:51 PM

We've been using software to automate this. Contact brianjw71 at hotmail dot com to get it or PM Energy and He'll send you the link.

With the software, you can pull ALL the profiles from a single page with one click, and then hit each one with your message. Huge timesaver.

Benaiah
12-05-2007, 10:41 PM
Rob sent me a PM earlier and told me that he is currently working on an ap that will message the Facebook supporters.

Brian, are you going to be able to do all 70,000 of the MySpace peeps? Is there anything that us computer illiterate people can do to help?

colecrowe
12-06-2007, 05:44 PM
bump

Kacela
12-09-2007, 09:16 AM
I think Brian has burned out after expending so much enrgy of November 5th. We started messaging MySpace members over a week ago about December 16th, and we started off very well, but then Brian just stopped responding when asked for more MySpace IDs to send to.

We need someone to step up and be the main point of contact, collect and distribute the MySpace IDs to ensure complete coverage of all 90,000 MySpace IDs with no duplication.

colecrowe
12-14-2007, 01:40 PM
bump

yoshimaroka
12-14-2007, 01:52 PM
bump. This is vital

kennygrimm
12-14-2007, 04:08 PM
Is this really not being worked on?!?! I'd be glad to help but I'd like a definite answer as to if it is being worked on or not and if not who I can contact to see exactly how it was done last time. I just sent an email to brian, who apparently worked on it last time but I haven't received a reply and if there is anyone else out there working on this please let me know. It sounds like they had a list of myspace ids and went through them messaging people, is that correct?

smartguy911
12-14-2007, 05:45 PM
If you guys want to truly utilize the power of Myspace, get a program called "friendblasterpro (http://www.addnewfriends.com/)". You can get it for free but I don't want to go into that. Figure that part yourself.

The program will allow you to make random post comments and post messages. I am using it to build a myspace profile with 100,000 friends..starting late but hopefully i can do that by end of this year.

kennygrimm
12-14-2007, 05:49 PM
Huh, I just looked at that software and it does look like it might be able to message his entire friends list... I wonder if this is what they were using.

LiveFreeorDie
12-14-2007, 10:54 PM
Bump

Kacela
12-15-2007, 08:41 AM
MySpace messaging of all 90,200 friends of Ron Paul is almost complete. As of 8pm EST, we had 8,200 MySpace IDs to go - here is the email we got from the coordinator:

Hey everyone thanks to those of you working hard out there!! We are officially 82,000 messages deep!! (roughly). With only 8,200 to go until we have messaged 90,200 of Ron Paul's Myspace friends!!. Help in the final push tomorrow!! I will be available to distribute IDs tomorrow roughly after noon. so shoot me an email tonight or tomorrow requesting some IDs and let's get the last bit finished quickly!! Thanks to all for your help. I am really excited for the 16th!!!!!! This and the Ron Paul Blimp is all exciting stuff happening right now!! Thank you all!

So relax, we have MySpace covered :D