PDA

View Full Version : McCain is Coming. What should I ask him?

Geronimo
12-05-2007, 07:37 PM
Any suggestions?

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail
12-05-2007, 07:42 PM
Ask him if Giuliani, Romney, and Huckabee are qualified to be war presidents considering they never served.

He'll get to tout his experience and also help expose those chickenhawks.

hard@work
12-05-2007, 07:44 PM
Any suggestions?

What is your position on the downing street memo?

1913_to_2008
12-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Why Ron Paul gets more donations then him from the troops!

katao
12-05-2007, 07:50 PM
What is your position on the downing street memo?

Very good question :D

Geronimo
12-05-2007, 07:54 PM
How about, " For those people who don't know, would you care to explain the Downing street Memo and your position on it?"

VoteRonPaul2008
12-05-2007, 07:55 PM
Hit him on illegal immigration that's his week point

also ask him about American intervionism how it led to the treaty of verasliles and then the rise of Hitler then ww2

Midnight77
12-05-2007, 07:59 PM
Yeah, hit him on Immigration. Or on how he feels why bringing our troops in Iraq home can equivocate to Hitler's Rise to Power.

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail
12-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Along the WWII route, throw a neocon trick back at him

Why are you blaming America for WWII?

JenHarris
12-05-2007, 08:05 PM
Are you going to run as an independent when you don't win the republican nomination?

kalami
12-05-2007, 08:11 PM
How does this saying go: "don't insult the guy with the microphone"? However it goes, it makes sense to me. You'll make yourself look bad just like that guy who said McCain was too old.

Fig
12-05-2007, 08:13 PM
At this point, I would start to ask him a question, then spit in his face.

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail
12-05-2007, 08:18 PM
At this point, I would start to ask him a question, then spit in his face.

You should thank him for bringing more attention to Ron Paul in the debate. Without that - subtract 30 seconds from Ron Paul's talk time.

chipvogel
12-05-2007, 08:19 PM
How much longer will we have to pay for the nonstop theft in Iraq?

Or how the hell are we winning when they are robbing us blind?

angrydragon
12-05-2007, 08:19 PM
Ask him to sign a contract saying he'll never raise taxes.

hypnagogue
12-05-2007, 08:21 PM
I believe he said that the US won Vietnam in the last debate. You could ask him to explain the measurements he uses to determine that victory and to compare those measurements with what he's expecting from the, eventual :rolleyes:, end to the Iraq war.

nwfla4ronpaul
12-05-2007, 08:31 PM
Ask him why he gets off on the war so much:D

iddo
12-05-2007, 08:41 PM
Ask him if he would have advised President Nixon to stay the course in Vietnam and let the troops win, or he would have advised to cut and run with our tail between our legs.

MooCowzRock
12-05-2007, 08:49 PM
I dont really like the disrespect being thrown towards McCain. McCain is one of the most respectable and most sincere candidates behind Ron Paul or Dennis Kucinch. The only problem with McCain, is he's not a politician, but has gotten himself caught up in politics to the point that he cant win unless he runs a political campaign, which is tragic considering what a good candidate he would be if he wasnt caught up in the politics of the parties. Spitting in the face of a Vietnam war veteran and a man who suffered a great deal over many months as a POW in the name of the country and your freedom is something Ron Paul would never support or advocate, and is not only disrespectful, but dishonorable. There is a world of difference between dishonor and dissent, and some of us need to remember that difference.

His support of the war and his offensive on Ron Paul may be wrong and mislead, but it comes from a very sincere respect and honor of the troops. As much its not going to accomplish much staying there, and its worse for our forieng policy that we got involved in the war, as a veteran and POW and someone who does garner a lot of respect from the soldiers relative to every other candidate except Paul, it would pain him to bring the troops back because to him, that would mean the lives of the thousands of troops that died would have been wasted...Though the fault of that waste should be thrown on those that supported the war and got it wrong, he's still simply looking out for whats best for the troops. However, the flaw in his passion comes from the fact that we as Ron Paul supports understand, and thats that not pulling out and perpetuating this war will only lead to more lives in the future wasted on every side.

So while I disagree with McCain and think he's trying to do the right thing the wrong way, there is one question I would pose to him, respectfully.

If I were you, I would ask McCain whether he should reconsider what he truly believes is best for the troops and the American people in reference to the war in Iraq, despite his unrelenting honor of the troops, considering Ron Paul, as an anti-war candidate, is garnering more support from men and women in the armed forces than he is. Let him know that no one wants the lives of the dead soldiers to go to waste, but they very unfortunately already have and it would be entirely tragic to waste thousands more, and perpetuate a foreign policy that would lead us to not only more wars that would waste many more unnecessary lives, but bankrupt us as a country.

I think such a question would really get to him.

brandon
12-05-2007, 08:51 PM
ask this....

"On September 11th, 2001, terrorists attacked us because of our freedoms. Immediately following the attacks, you voted yes on a bill named the Patriot Act which limited American's freedoms by removing protection from warentless searches. Are you taking your marching orders from the terrorists?"

american.swan
12-05-2007, 09:08 PM
How about, " For those people who don't know, would you care to explain the Downing street Memo and your position on it?"

I would like to personally thank you for bringing this to my attention. I have been a member on here since May of this year and I have yet to hear about this. Not, that I really had any doubt anyways after reading Greg Palast's books.

Cowlesy
12-05-2007, 09:14 PM
I dont really like the disrespect being thrown towards McCain. McCain is one of the most respectable and most sincere candidates behind Ron Paul or Dennis Kucinch. The only problem with McCain, is he's not a politician, but has gotten himself caught up in politics to the point that he cant win unless he runs a political campaign, which is tragic considering what a good candidate he would be if he wasnt caught up in the politics of the parties. Spitting in the face of a Vietnam war veteran and a man who suffered a great deal over many months as a POW in the name of the country and your freedom is something Ron Paul would never support or advocate, and is not only disrespectful, but dishonorable. There is a world of difference between dishonor and dissent, and some of us need to remember that difference.

His support of the war and his offensive on Ron Paul may be wrong and mislead, but it comes from a very sincere respect and honor of the troops. As much its not going to accomplish much staying there, and its worse for our forieng policy that we got involved in the war, as a veteran and POW and someone who does garner a lot of respect from the soldiers relative to every other candidate except Paul, it would pain him to bring the troops back because to him, that would mean the lives of the thousands of troops that died would have been wasted...Though the fault of that waste should be thrown on those that supported the war and got it wrong, he's still simply looking out for whats best for the troops. However, the flaw in his passion comes from the fact that we as Ron Paul supports understand, and thats that not pulling out and perpetuating this war will only lead to more lives in the future wasted on every side.

I agree 1000%. I know some of you people think the other Republicans are the spawns of Satan, but I voted for McCain in the 2000 primary and really believe his heart is in the right place, but his views are misguided. My Dad was a Vietnam Vet, and even if he was a duplicate of McCain in ideaology, I'd never call some of the horrific things people have said about him. We'll never all agree, but those of us who can respect dissenting opinions contribute the most to the discourse as a whole.

ChristopherJ
12-05-2007, 09:17 PM
Are you going to run as an independent when you don't win the republican nomination?

Hahahaha winner!! :D

xexkxex
12-05-2007, 09:22 PM

:D

yoAdrian
12-05-2007, 09:25 PM
At this point, I would start to ask him a question, then spit in his face. You might not like him but he served this country and suffered for it, and he has the right to say and think was he wants. I do not agree with his issues but i would not fall to that level, he deserves the most respect from us all and being a Marine it pains me to hear that. I would not vote for him, but he would be welcome in my home. Now Bush thats another story spit away....

conner_condor
12-05-2007, 09:37 PM
We know you can't win,so will you show support for Ron Paul when he wins the nomination?:D

conner_condor
12-05-2007, 09:40 PM
You might not like him but he served this country and suffered for it, and he has the right to say and think was he wants. I do not agree with his issues but i would not fall to that level, he deserves the most respect from us all and being a Marine it pains me to hear that. I would not vote for him, but he would be welcome in my home. Now Bush thats another story spit away....

Yes,He still is a human and has fought for this country. That is very disrespectful.

chipvogel
12-05-2007, 10:05 PM
You might not like him but he served this country and suffered for it, and he has the right to say and think was he wants. I do not agree with his issues but i would not fall to that level, he deserves the most respect from us all and being a Marine it pains me to hear that. I would not vote for him, but he would be welcome in my home. Now Bush thats another story spit away....

agreed
but...McCain did not show respect for Ron Paul by misrepresenting Paul's position on Iraq.

My respect for him dropped...respect not totally gone; at least he didn't chuckle at Paul like other candidates have.

american.swan
12-05-2007, 10:19 PM
ask this....

"On September 11th, 2001, terrorists attacked us because of our freedoms. Immediately following the attacks, you voted yes on a bill named the Patriot Act which limited American's freedoms by removing protection from warentless searches. Are you taking your marching orders from the terrorists?"

This is a good question, but not for McCain.

partypooper
12-05-2007, 10:37 PM
ask him why the dollar is falling. i would really like to know his explanation.

fortilite
12-05-2007, 10:39 PM
Don't bother bugging McCain. He's gonna drain votes from the other neocons!

McCain's a cool guy, let's not be negative towards him. It will needlessly make us look bad.

Give me liberty
12-05-2007, 11:05 PM
ask him why does John McCain Support aka Albanian lobby group?
btw heres a pic i found of him with the group on this site.

Nvm its to big.

But i will qutoe this from the pic

''Republican presidential candidate Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., speaks to a pro Kosovo, pro McCain, rally across the street from his New York City hotel Friday morning, Feb. 11, 2000.''

jrich4rpaul
12-05-2007, 11:22 PM

+1

robertwerden
12-05-2007, 11:41 PM
Ask him why he is so scared of terrorists when Ron Paul is not. Ask him Why he hates America and why he is such a coward.