PDA

View Full Version : Twitter- While you were away

P3ter_Griffin
08-01-2015, 04:11 PM
On mobile devices twitter has a new(er) thing called 'while you were away' which lists several (maybe 6 to 10) tweets from when you last accessed twitter (on that device, I believe). I don't have a phone myself, I use my girlfriends so I don't get on all that often, but every time it seems like there are at least 2 Bernie Sanders tweets. And this mind you this is two out of maybe 6 to 10 tweets, I have never sent any interactions to Bernie, and I follow hundreds of people. For example, I follow my local NWS branch, and the NWS storm prediction out of Oklahoma, and on a day with high severe weather risks relevant life saving tweets are not displayed on any regularity, but Bernie is. So I was wondering if anyone knows how this new 'thing' works in selecting what tweets to show an individual, and if the knowledge of how it works may be of use for the grassroots in getting Rand's and other liberty candidates tweets 'promoted' in a free fashion.

wizardwatson
08-01-2015, 04:19 PM
On mobile devices twitter has a new(er) thing called 'while you were away' which lists several (maybe 6 to 10) tweets from when you last accessed twitter (on that device, I believe). I don't have a phone myself, I use my girlfriends so I don't get on all that often, but every time it seems like there are at least 2 Bernie Sanders tweets. And this mind you this is two out of maybe 6 to 10 tweets, I have never sent any interactions to Bernie, and I follow hundreds of people. For example, I follow my local NWS branch, and the NWS storm prediction out of Oklahoma, and on a day with high severe weather risks relevant life saving tweets are not displayed on any regularity, but Bernie is. So I was wondering if anyone knows how this new 'thing' works in selecting what tweets to show an individual, and if the knowledge of how it works may be of use for the grassroots in getting Rand's and other liberty candidates tweets 'promoted' in a free fashion.

I think it's pretty clear that the advertisements are cross application.

For instance I eat Taco Bell probably the most out of any restaurant. But I only use my card, I don't search or blog about it. But once I got a Foursquare advertising a local mexican eatery that had selfies from people on my Facebook friends who had eaten there on the same day that I was getting Taco Bell ads via youtube.

Also, I get frequent bipolar ads on youtube and the only places I've really indicated I had the condition was on RPF and through google searches. All these companies share this meta-data about where you shop, what you search for, probably even what you post publicly, and they feed you ads algorithmically. It's been like this for some time.

So in this case I'd say it's your girls phone, so to the "matrix" it looks like she's getting politically active so it's algorithmically determined that she is most likely a Bernie Sanders supporter type perhaps. You using twitter on her phone is confusing the matrix. ;)

CPUd
08-01-2015, 05:06 PM
I think the twitter is encouraging you to stay.

angelatc
08-02-2015, 10:42 AM
Paid advertisements crossed with users who are political is my guess.

timosman
08-02-2015, 10:54 AM
This is all you have to know: You may be soon able to sell directly on Twitter! Excited? Read on!

This is a brilliant feature coming from Twitter and you gotta hear it. Twitter is actually becoming much more then it was a few years back. The latest news is about testing new features – Product and Place Pages and Collections. Similar to Facebook Pages? Maybe, but in a way much better. Let me show you why.

Twitter presenting Pages for products and places

OK, so Twitter is a GREAT communications tool. But from a brands and a users perspective, there was something missing. How can users find relevant information about a product or a place? How can brands present that relevant information in a meaningful way?

There’s a chance this will soon become possible.

http://superspicymedia.com/blog/new-twitter-is-testing-product-and-place-pages/