PDA

View Full Version : Trump: Crimea is Europe's Problem

AuH20
07-31-2015, 09:19 PM
Go Trump! Give it to the Neos!!! Non-interventionism? I guess Trump has more tricks up his sleeve than the pundits thought.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/31/politics/doanld-trump-crimea-europe-problem/

Washington (CNN)Republican frontrunner Donald Trump said Friday that the U.S. should only step in on Crimea if European countries ask for help and, until then, it remains "Europe's problem."

"Let me explain first of all — this is Europe's problem much more than ours, OK?" Trump told CNN during a trip to Scotland.

"And Europe isn't complaining as much as we are. But this is more of a Europe problem," Trump continued. "And when Europe comes to us and says, 'We want your help, we want your help,' but they're not really doing that. They're dealing with Russia, they're taking in the gas, they're taking in the oil — they're not really doing that. And you know, we're making a big deal out of it."

"But why isn't Germany leading this one?" Trump asked. "You know Germany is a very rich, very powerful nation. Why aren't they dealing on it moreso? Everything the United States — we're like the policeman of the world."

Russian President Vladimir Putin said earlier this year that he was prepared, at one point, to ready nuclear weapons in the fight over the disputed border between Russia and Ukraine.

David Sadler
07-31-2015, 09:46 PM
Go Trump! Give it to the Neos!!! Non-interventionism? I guess Trump has more tricks up his sleeve than the pundits thought.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/31/politics/doanld-trump-crimea-europe-problem/

Crimea is none of our business period. End of story. So Trump's answer had a good beginning but a bad ending.

"And when Europe comes to us and says, 'We want your help, we want your help,' but they're not really doing that. -- TRUMP

If Europe asked for US help, what would President Trump do? He should say, "It's Europe's problem if Europe wants to make it one."

Putin would not take kindly to anyone attempting to take it's only warm water port.

6 out of 10 on Trump's answer.

AuH20
07-31-2015, 09:50 PM
Crimea is none of our business period. End of story. So Trump's answer had a good beginning but a bad ending.

If Europe asked for US help, what would President Trump do? He should say, "It's Europe's problem if Europe wants to make it one."

Putin would not take kindly to anyone attempting to take it's only warm water port.

6 out of 10 on Trump's answer.

I still think it was a fantastic answer considering how bellicose the Republican Party is. Secondly, he placed the impetus on Europe collectively as opposed to a solitary nation like Poland. In other words, a solid consensus would have to plead for U.S. involvement. We all know that it is not the case. It's the U.S. and it's deep state apparatus that has major issues with the Russians as opposed to a majority of European states.

David Sadler
07-31-2015, 09:55 PM
I still think it was a fantastic answer considering how bellicose the Republican Party is. Secondly, he placed the impetus on Europe collectively to ask for U.S. help as opposed to a solitary nation like Poland. In other words, a solid consensus would have to plead for U.S. involvement. We all know that it is not the case. It's the U.S. and it's deep state apparatus that has major issues with the Russians as opposed to a majority of European states.

Agree with that 100%.

I think Trump would get along with Putin. Russian press is watching this race closely because of Trump's overtures to Putin.

juleswin
07-31-2015, 10:20 PM
Yea, Crimea is not our business. Show those neocons that they ain't gonna drag us into another conflict that is not America's business. But then again, he is in favor of fighting ISIS just like the neocons wanted, fighting them or should I say just stealing their oil (which is actually Syrian and Iraqi oil) and involving us deeper into a conflict that the neocons always wanted to fight. How does that square with you guys?

I know, I know but the Trump fan boys would say "but Rand's hands aren't all that clean either". The difference is that Rand supporters see when he is not consistent and point it out while the fan boys gloss over Trump's contradictions and praise him like he is the 2nd coming of Jesus.

jj-
07-31-2015, 10:47 PM
he is in favor of fighting ISIS just like the neocons wanted

You gotta stop embarrassing yourself. Anyone with cursory knowledge is aware your statement is false.

jkob
07-31-2015, 10:49 PM
Not only is Crimea none of our business, it is rightfully apart of Russia and we should recognize it as such. Not to heap praise on Trump but I can see him and Putin getting along well, the bilateral relationship between Russia and US I think still is the most important in the world. I'm curious to what Rand's feelings are, diplomacy isn't something we hear too often from him. Rand's foreign policy in general leaves a lot to be desired, he's quasi non-interventionist/neocon pandering has left me totally confused on what his opinion actually is. I think the only place Rand has actually visited to outside the country is Israel.

cindy25
07-31-2015, 11:09 PM
Not only is Crimea none of our business, it is rightfully apart of Russia and we should recognize it as such. Not to heap praise on Trump but I can see him and Putin getting along well, the bilateral relationship between Russia and US I think still is the most important in the world. I'm curious to what Rand's feelings are, diplomacy isn't something we hear too often from him. Rand's foreign policy in general leaves a lot to be desired, he's quasi non-interventionist/neocon pandering has left me totally confused on what his opinion actually is. I think the only place Rand has actually visited to outside the country is Israel.

Rand has led medical missions to Central America and Africa

Ronin Truth
08-01-2015, 05:50 AM
Reasons to like Trump count: +1.

juleswin
08-01-2015, 06:59 AM
You gotta stop embarrassing yourself. Anyone with cursory knowledge is aware your statement is false.

Sorry for the confusion, its unfortunate that so many of the fan boys posting on RPF don't know this. They keep using the excuse that the US is already fighting ISIS and all he wants to do is continue that fighting in addition to taking Syrian oil.

Anyway, I will try and educate the fan boys on Trump's position. They need to be told that Trump doesn't want to fight ISIS at all.