PDA

View Full Version : Libertarian that conscientiously objects to Medicaid needs our help!

Bastiat's The Law
07-30-2015, 04:47 PM
David Garber has been a longtime Ron Paul activist going back to the 2007/2008 campaign. He's is one of the most kindhearted and well-spoken individuals I know. He's passionate about his faith and liberty. He's a proud patriot and a dear friend. This is a recent status he wrote on Facebook. Thought I would share this here for anyone that desires to help him get the medical treatment he needs. If anyone deserves a helping hand from the liberty movement it's David.

Some of my local church leaders have established a medical (Special Needs Trust) fund to help me to pay for my medical expenses, especially for mental health care at this time, since I conscientiously object to applying (although I'm eligible) for Medicaid funds.

I've come to understand over time that, if a wealthy worker (motivated by a genuine feeling of love) freely gives $20 to a homeless man, then it's a righteous act of generosity, whereas if a homeless man (motivated by a false sense of entitlement) forcibly takes $20 from a wealthy worker, then it's a wicked act of plunder---and I understand that such robbery remains no less wrong whenever it's perpetrated (rather than prosecuted) by the state, even if such evil means are perpetrated for allegedly-good ends. I confess that I foolishly allowed others from 2005 through 2008 to persuade me to accept state welfare funds, for which my guilty conscience steadfastly troubled me during that time---but I testify that, when I began to do my best since 2009 to reject such ill-gotten gain, even though I was becoming terribly ill so that I couldn't handle most jobs, I felt my conscience unburdened while God has noticeably blessed me for my decision.

I'd rather die with my conscience as clean as possible than to live with guilt for accepting Medicare. Which is one reason why I feel very grateful for this Special Needs Trust for medical purposes. My current trustors have set up this GoFundMe webpage to solicit donations for it, and I welcome anyone who wants to peruse this page and/or to donate money to this fund to care for my health.

Here's David's GoFundMe page: https://www.gofundme.com/pvqwgs

Connect with David on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DaveGarber1975?fref=nf

Intoxiklown
08-13-2015, 06:53 AM
Bump

Bastiat's The Law
08-14-2015, 12:48 PM
Thank you for the bump and all the support you've offered guys, you're the best!

Mr.NoSmile
08-14-2015, 01:09 PM
David’s libertarian views have prevented him from accepting Medicaid or government assistance and are the cause of him not having the funding to get the help he needs.

There's a difference between views and just being stubborn.

TomtheTinker
08-14-2015, 08:26 PM
Been refused Medicaid. Now I'm in debt and have all sorts of injuries that never healed. Honestly idk what I'm gonna do. I appreciate this guys stand and wish I could help. I been thinking about giving in to my stand although I feel it's wrong even though I pay in. I'm gonna end up walking with a cane at 40 if my legs don't get fixed. What's your guys advice?