PDA

View Full Version : Pat Buchannan Offers Advice To Ron Paul

libertygrl
12-05-2007, 07:13 PM
I was just listening to Pat Buchannan on the Alex Jones Radio Show. Alex asked him what advice he would give Ron Paul. Briefly, he said that Ron Paul should not worry about Iowa. He should focus on New Hampshire. Maybe that's where we should put all our efforts as well?

But what I found really interesting and inspiring was what he said next and how he said it: "STAY IN THIS THING. Don't let them run you out. Even if you loose Iowa and New Hampshire. STAY IN THIS THING."

He was very emphatic about it, and it almost sounded like a command. You know, to hang tough. I thought it was very inspirational, and I also took it as a call to supporters to keep pushing hard and not to give up on Dr. Paul. NO MATTER WHAT.

If anyone is interested, today's show is streaming 24 hrs at infowars.com. Pat comes in toward the beginning of the third hour.

Korey Kaczynski
12-05-2007, 07:14 PM
I was just listening to Pat Buchannan on the Alex Jones Radio Show. Alex asked him what advice he would give Ron Paul. Briefly, he said that Ron Paul should not worry about Iowa. He should focus on New Hampshire. Maybe that's where we should put all our efforts as well?

But what I found really interesting and inspiring was what he said next and how he said it: "STAY IN THIS THING. Don't let them run you out. Even if you loose Iowa and New Hampshire. STAY IN THIS THING."

He was very emphatic about it, and it almost sounded like a command. You know, to hang tough. I thought it was very inspirational, and I also took it as a call to supporters to keep pushing hard and not to give up on Dr. Paul. NO MATTER WHAT.

If anyone is interested, today's show is streaming 24 hrs at infowars.com. Pat comes in toward the beginning of the third hour.

Interesting how Buchanan also said that ron paul shouldn't run third party. I guess that's something to say for the mainstream audience.

ItsTime
12-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Operation Front Door! If we do this he can have a shot in EVERY state.

Support Operation Front Door (http://www.myspace.com/operationfrontdoor)!

Operation Front Door: Basically the plan is to get meetups all across the country to have a big canvassing push the week after the 16th. This will coincide with the December 16th tea party-

Picture this; You're sitting at home watching the evening news and you're seeing "Ron Paul makes another fund raising record" then 'knock-knock'- it's Ron Paul supporters at your door. That's kind of the idea. While the media is pushing the fund raising we're knocking on doors showing how strong this grassroots campaign is and offering information about Ron Paul....

kylejack
12-05-2007, 07:19 PM
I never heard him say Ron shouldn't run third party. I heard him say that it would give the election to the Democrats, but he never said that would be a bad thing. I think he wants reform in the Republican Party and is willing to see the Republicans lose to acquire it.

thatnerdyguy
12-05-2007, 07:22 PM
I never heard him say Ron shouldn't run third party. I heard him say that it would give the election to the Democrats, but he never said that would be a bad thing. I think he wants reform in the Republican Party and is willing to see the Republicans lose to acquire it.

I am not so sure... I think he wants to keep Hillary out more than any republican reform.

AlexMerced
12-05-2007, 07:26 PM
I think he didn't say either way cause he seemed to equate giuliani with hillary, seemed that he'd be all for a 3rd party run if Giuliani wins

lawdida
12-05-2007, 07:36 PM
He said it on CNN with Wolf.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
12-05-2007, 07:38 PM
I don't exactly hate Buchanan, but I don't like him either. I like that he is saying these things but I wish he would just endorse him if he is that close to doing it. Maybe he is waiting to right before the primaries.

And I think his argument is flawed that Ron Paul would pull only from Republicans because he in polls only pulls 13% from Republicans is obviously flawed in number and where voters would come from. Everyone knows Buchanans supporters are right wing Republicans. I would not say the majority of Pauls people are that.

That being said we and Pauls staffers need to put 100% into the primaries for the sake of America. It is much easier to win as a Republican. The primaries is the election for Paul I believe.

Real_CaGeD
12-05-2007, 07:39 PM
Ron doesnt need any damn advice, got it?

hard@work
12-05-2007, 07:51 PM
I am not so sure... I think he wants to keep Hillary out more than any republican reform.

We can cripple the executive branch through the legislative. We would need to be on course with activity at and greater than the level we are at now. We may even be able to have the entire executive branch in a lame duck in the course of a year if we fight them enough. And I am sure anyone in office will have a secret or two that will be impeachable, they all do.

The freedom movement begins the day after the general election no matter the results.

Paulitician
12-05-2007, 07:53 PM
Not focus on Iowa? Is he insane? A win in Iowa will almost ensure we get the nomination. We need to get at least 3rd to even have a good shot.

Teenforpaul08
12-05-2007, 07:56 PM
I believe what the analysts don't understand is that, for ron paul, it won't be a domino effect. They believe that whoever wins Iowa will carry momentum and that supporters for candidates like Ron Paul will simple just give up on him. They need to understand that Ron Paul supporters actually care about our country. I believe the majority of Paul supporters will still vote for him even if he loses Iowa.

asmartchimp
12-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Can someone youtube this? thanks

noztnac
12-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Don't take advice from someone who won New Hampshire and lost the nomination.

TooConservative
Ron doesnt need any damn advice, got it?

Buchanan, like Novak, has all but endorsed Ron Paul.

A lot of Buchanan's supporters are now supporters of Ron Paul including key Buchanan state leaders in IA and NH.

We don't have to take Buchanan's advice but it's worth hearing. He's not the enemy. He's a friendly voice to our cause. Of course, he is a political pundit and old White House strategist and press man from the Goldwater/Nixon/Reagan years. So he puts out a lot of political spin on all the candidates in both parties.

rasheedwallace
if we had a paul/buchannan ticket, and announced it before the primaries, we would win this thing. i think he would be open to it as i listen to him more and more.

TooConservative
12-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Not focus on Iowa? Is he insane? A win in Iowa will almost ensure we get the nomination. We need to get at least 3rd to even have a good shot.

I tend to think that there are two or possibly three tickets out of Iowa. And NH either goes with the frontrunner or throws a conservative curve at the survivors of Iowa to further weed, or more rarely, to enlarge the candidate field. Then you go to SC, very conservative, military, religious.

ValidusCustodiae
12-05-2007, 08:03 PM

It is true that a win in Iowa would be phenomenal for Ron Paul's prospects of getting the nomination.

Pat Buchanan is also right when he says there is no reason for us to give up even if we don't do well in New Hampshire or Iowa. I think he understands something I've been thinking about a lot, and that is the real difference between this campaign and your average one. If we hang in there and keep fighting and things keep going the way they are, we will sew this thing up no problem. The only thing that might derail us is if we have poor showings in some early states and immediately give up thinking we have no chance.

I'm not saying I'm ready to accept poor early showings, we have to fight harder now than we ever have before.

voytechs
12-05-2007, 08:05 PM
Alex Jones radio is re-running the Pat's interview in just a few minutes. Listen in:

http://www.nfowars.net:443/stream1.pls

paulitics
12-05-2007, 08:08 PM
It is true that a win in Iowa would be phenomenal for Ron Paul's prospects of getting the nomination.

Pat Buchanan is also right when he says there is no reason for us to give up even if we don't do well in New Hampshire or Iowa. I think he understands something I've been thinking about a lot, and that is the real difference between this campaign and your average one. If we hang in there and keep fighting and things keep going the way they are, we will sew this thing up no problem. The only thing that might derail us is if we have poor showings in some early states and immediately give up thinking we have no chance.

I'm not saying I'm ready to accept poor early showings, we have to fight harder now than we ever have before.

The way I interpret it is to hang in there and spread the message for the duration, even if you are losing. I don't think Pat thinks he will win if he loses NH.
I think he wants Paul to spread the message throughout the country, to affect change.

Proemio
12-05-2007, 08:51 PM
But what I found really interesting and inspiring was what he said next and how he said it: "STAY IN THIS THING. Don't let them run you out. ...

How about, in order of significance: "Stay in this thing. DON'T LET THEM RUN YOU OUT....

Ron will stay in for sure. He won't let them run HIM out.
Pat Buchanan is talking about you, me and the rest of us - why?

We've all seen the stories of party hacks trying to manipulate and intimidate relatively innocuous looking things as strawpolls.

You ain't seen nothing yet. Politics - the ugly side - is very much about creating perceptions and hoping it sticks. The 'rise' of Huckabee is a perfect example.

The primaries will be TheMoment for TheParty (not only one) to deflate the energy that is making this thing work. The calculation is to 'create' by hook or by crook a 'disappointment', hoping that the energy largely dissipates. It's going to be as successful as the other think-tanked, focus-grouped (expensive) triangulations so far (ignore, can't win, smear by association, embrace by neocon loonies, etc.).

We need to do as well as possible in the primaries under the conditions. It's always possible to pull something off by sheer energy, but it's not essential. What is important to make the gaming as hard and as obvious as can be. Work like crazy and pay attention to every little detail. But even more important though, is to keep the spirit and the energy in the face of any apparent disappointment - things will work out.

That's what the old warrior is talking about - he knows the score...

spivey378
12-05-2007, 08:56 PM
we own the west coast

MozoVote
12-05-2007, 09:15 PM
I don't think we need advice from the guy who destroyed the Reform party. He really knows how to be an effective third party campaigner. NOT.

Real_CaGeD
12-05-2007, 09:16 PM
Ron does not need advice.

Rone eats ore and shits I beams.

Vendico
12-05-2007, 09:29 PM
Ron does not need advice.

Rone eats ore and shits I beams.

wtf are you high? lol