PDA

View Full Version : Planned Parenthood Hires PR Firm to Quash Dead Baby Parts $ Stories

angelatc
07-29-2015, 03:55 PM
http://thefederalist.com/2015/07/28/planned-parenthood-tells-reporters-to-suppress-coverage-reporters-happily-agree/#.VbjvuazuGsw.facebook

So there’s a concerted effort from Planned Parenthood and it’s allies to “discourage[] [media outlets] from airing the undercover videos”? The deuce, you say? That would certainly go a long way towards explaining why so many left-leaning media outlets refused to cover the second video, which captured a senior Planned Parenthood executive noting that she needed a good deal on aborted baby organs (http://thefederalist.com/2015/07/21/second-video-of-planned-parenthoods-baby-organ-trafficking-scheme-surfaces/) because, “I want a Lamborghini.”

BuzzFeed, for example, still does not have a single story on its website noting Planned Parenthood’s aborted baby organs-for-Lambos scheme (coincidentally, SKDKnickerbocker recently hired former BuzzFeed reporter (http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2015/05/hill-reporter-kate-nocera-jumps-to-skdk-207706.html) Kate Nocera to help handle PR work for its non-profit clients). Neither does Huffington Post. Neither does Vox. The story was trending on Facebook and Twitter, yet three sites that specialize in amplifying trending and viral content refused to print a single thing about the stories. Now we know why: Planned Parenthood likely told them not to.

William Tell
07-29-2015, 04:00 PM
Ha ha, pieces of crap.

Sola_Fide
07-29-2015, 04:01 PM
Is this paid for by taxpayers too?

Occam's Banana
07-29-2015, 04:19 PM
Is this paid for by taxpayers too?

PP receives taxpayer money.
Money is fungible.
Therefore ....

Legend1104
07-29-2015, 09:52 PM
This is the issue that Rand Paul needs to run with. foreign policy is not helping him. He needs to keep harping on this. I like where he is going with the bill to end funding but he needs to push it as hard as he can. It is a winning issue.

enhanced_deficit
07-30-2015, 08:34 AM
Public loves a good PR production.

euphemia
07-30-2015, 08:39 AM
This is what they do.

AuH20
07-30-2015, 08:41 AM
I noticed that the good guys rarely win in this movie I'm living in. I'd like to jump into another film quite honestly.

phill4paul
07-30-2015, 08:44 AM
Planned Parenthood: Judge bars pro-life group from airing StemExpress footage

The pro-life group behind a series of undercover Planned Parenthood videos accused the bioservice firm StemExpress late Wednesday of trying to “cover up this illegal baby parts trade” after the company obtained a court order blocking the release of footage.

The Los Angeles Superior Court issued a temporary injunction Tuesday stopping the Center for Medical Progress from releasing any video showing three officials from StemExpress, a company that transfers fetal tissue from abortions performed at Planned Parenthood and other clinics to medical researchers.

A company spokesman told the Associated Press that StemExpress is “grateful its rights have been vindicated in a court of law,” but the center said in a statement that the court threw out most of the company’s request.

StemExpress is “attempting to use meritless litigation to cover-up this illegal baby parts trade, suppress free speech, and silence the citizen press reporting on issues of burning concern to the American public,” said the CMP statement.

“They are not succeeding — their initial petition was rejected by the court, and their second petition was eviscerated to a narrow and contingent order about an alleged recording pending CMP’s opportunity to respond,” the group said.

The court agreed to block the release of footage of StemExpress officials filmed secretly at a lunch in May until an Aug. 19 court hearing.

The CMP has released three videos since July 13, the latest of which shows an interview with former StemExpress employee Holly O’Donnell, who says she was hired to “draw blood and dissect dead fetuses and sell the parts to researchers.”

She said employees at StemExpress, a for-profit company, tried to maximize the financial benefit of each fetus by obtaining the most profitable organs.

“The harder and more valuable the tissue, the more money you get,” Ms. O’Donnell said. “So if you can somehow procure a brain or a heart, you’re going to get more money than just chorionic villi or umbilical cord. That’s basically what it is. So I guess that’s an incentive to try and get the hard stuff.”

The CMP’s David Daleiden has said that the California-based pro-life group may release as many as a dozen videos. Since July 13, the organization has released one video per week.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jul/29/planned-parenthood-judge-blocks-pro-life-group-rel/

Lucille
07-30-2015, 09:20 AM
PP receives taxpayer money.
Money is fungible.
Therefore ....

That fact actually slipped by one of its twenty or so editors over at cosmotarian central. They should be embarrassed.

http://reason.com/blog/2015/07/30/will-planned-parenthood-be-defunded

The money is mostly barred from being used for abortions (http://www.factcheck.org/2011/04/planned-parenthood/), but that's not necessarily a comfort from a fiscal perspective.

Incidentally and unsurprisingly, factcheck doesn't utter the word "fungible" either.

Ron did, and the "pro-lifers" lost it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CBNcP4AsIdg

euphemia
07-30-2015, 10:17 AM
I don't think the best PR firms can spin human butchery into Florence Nightngale.

Planned Parenthood provides contraception and abortion. Often on minors, and without parental permission or a full medical history. They do not do mammograms or any other kind of women's health care. Look it up. They are not certified or licensed to do anything else.

EBounding
07-30-2015, 10:34 AM

donnay
07-30-2015, 11:00 AM
I don't think the best PR firms can spin human butchery into Florence Nightngale.

Planned Parenthood provides contraception and abortion. Often on minors, and without parental permission or a full medical history. They do not do mammogram or any other kind of women's health care. Look it up. They are not certified or licensed to do anything else.

Which was started by Eugenicists-- which some people in the forum deny even exist.

Margaret Sanger
Founder of Planned Parenthood

In Her Own Words

"The most merciful thing that a large family does to one of its infant members is to kill it."
Margaret Sanger, Women and the New Race
(Eugenics Publ. Co., 1920, 1923)

On blacks, immigrants and indigents:
"...human weeds,' 'reckless breeders,' 'spawning... human beings who never should have been born." Margaret Sanger, Pivot of Civilization, referring to immigrants and poor people

On sterilization & racial purification:
Sanger believed that, for the purpose of racial "purification," couples should be rewarded who chose sterilization. Birth Control in America, The Career of Margaret Sanger, by David Kennedy, p. 117, quoting a 1923 Sanger speech.

On the right of married couples to bear children:
Couples should be required to submit applications to have a child, she wrote in her "Plan for Peace." Birth Control Review, April 1932

On the purpose of birth control:
The purpose in promoting birth control was "to create a race of thoroughbreds," she wrote in the Birth Control Review, Nov. 1921 (p. 2)

On the rights of the handicapped and mentally ill, and racial minorities:
"More children from the fit, less from the unfit -- that is the chief aim of birth control." Birth Control Review, May 1919, p. 12

Source (http://www.dianedew.com/sanger.htm)

libertarianMoney
07-30-2015, 11:17 AM
"BuzzFeed, for example,"

HAHA! That's the first choice of examples? BuzzFeed is a liberal clickbait site. It can hardly be defined as a news site. Its whole business model is to attract an audience stupid enough to click. Huffington Post should have probably been their first example. That at least has a little bit of journalism going on.

Perhaps I'm naive but Kate Nocera's connection to BuzzFeed is probably only a tiny factor. The PR person could be a chimpanzee and buzzfeed still wouldn't publish anything. (Except perhaps a feel good story about the chimpanzee needing a job and the good people at PP helping out with it.)

Occam's Banana
07-30-2015, 11:22 AM
That fact actually slipped by one of its twenty or so editors over at cosmotarian central. They should be embarrassed.

http://reason.com/blog/2015/07/30/will-planned-parenthood-be-defunded

Incidentally and unsurprisingly, factcheck doesn't utter the word "fungible" either.

Ron did, and the "pro-lifers" lost it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CBNcP4AsIdg

I hadn't seen that episode of the Liberty Report before.

"Finding out that Ron Paul made exactly the same point I did about something" ranks way high up there on my list of "Oh, man, I really LOVE it when that happens" ... :D

S.Shorland
07-31-2015, 01:28 AM
The first mask wearing,satanic rock group to call themselves 'Planned Parenthood' will make a lot of money.

enhanced_deficit
08-04-2015, 09:52 PM
You guys are worried about little babies at a time when when someone just killed Cecil's brother?

Uriel999
08-04-2015, 10:05 PM
I'm not usually supportive of abortion...but is it too late to abort PP?

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-04-2015, 10:31 PM
"BuzzFeed, for example,"

HAHA! That's the first choice of examples? BuzzFeed is a liberal clickbait site. It can hardly be defined as a news site. Its whole business model is to attract an audience stupid enough to click. Huffington Post should have probably been their first example. That at least has a little bit of journalism going on.

Perhaps I'm naive but Kate Nocera's connection to BuzzFeed is probably only a tiny factor. The PR person could be a chimpanzee and buzzfeed still wouldn't publish anything. (Except perhaps a feel good story about the chimpanzee needing a job and the good people at PP helping out with it.)

yeah buzzfeed is possibly even lower than fb on my list of shitty websites

Ronin Truth
08-05-2015, 02:24 AM
How many dead babies does that cost? :( :mad: