PDA

View Full Version : politico & mother jones tweet contradictory Rand Paul smears

Valli6
07-29-2015, 09:56 AM
written by Lee Stranahan at Breitbart:

POLITICO, MOTHER JONES TWEET SAME PHOTO FOR CONTRADICTORY RAND PAUL SMEARS
July 29 2015

The political smear artists at Politico and Mother Jones apparently ran out of vaguely unflattering photos of Republican Presidential candidate Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) as they both tweeted out the exact same image for two contradictory narratives about the Paul campaign.

Politico’s piece, largely based on anonymous sourcing, says that Rand Paul is disengaged and does not seem to want to win the race.

Mother Jones says that Rand Paul is unprincipled (unlike his father Ron Paul, who MoJo also hates) and will do anything to win.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/07/29/politico-mother-jones-tweet-same-photo-for-contradictory-rand-paul-smears/

William Tell
07-29-2015, 09:59 AM
LOL! Rand Paul will do anything to win even though he does not seem to want to win?!:D:eek:

supermario21
07-29-2015, 10:00 AM
I think Rand thought he'd benefit more from his occasional straying from libertarian orthodoxy and since it hasn't happen he has become frustrated, knowing that he has both burned bridges with his base and still made very little inroad with average conservatives.

65fastback2+2
07-29-2015, 10:41 AM
I think Rand thought he'd benefit more from his occasional straying from libertarian orthodoxy and since it hasn't happen he has become frustrated, knowing that he has both burned bridges with his base and still made very little inroad with average conservatives.

any "base" that feels burned...wasnt his base.

I am his base. I dont feel burned in the slightest.

angelatc
07-29-2015, 11:03 AM
I think the "he doesn't want to win" whispers are specifically targeted to us.

Occam's Banana
07-29-2015, 11:22 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzi3k7K0lFA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzi3k7K0lFA

LOL! Rand Paul will do anything to win even though he does not seem to want to win?!:D:eek:

Must be one of those "chess, not checkers" things ...

eleganz
07-29-2015, 12:08 PM
I think the "he doesn't want to win" whispers are specifically targeted to us.

They're mainly to mock the Republican party and throw red meat at the leftist audience but those in our so called movement love the idea of incentivizing the left (and right) to attack our candidates by supporting those websites, clicking/liking/sharing/commenting and thus "spreading" the bullshit around.

mit26chell
07-29-2015, 01:45 PM

There are plenty in his base that feel burned. Myself included.

Kotin
07-29-2015, 02:51 PM

same.

I care about changing policy. not the "battleflag" or other stupid distractions.

I know rand paul is principled and he trying to take that principle and affect policy with it. I stand with Rand and have not felt burned at all. Rand is his father's son.