PDA

View Full Version : Why Dr. Paul?

dustup
12-05-2007, 06:28 PM
WHY DR. PAUL?
TRUTH STILL MATTERS

By: Alan Homcy

Why Ron Paul? Why am I about to donate money to a candidate for the Republican presidential nomination? What is it about this man?

Pundits across the land are rushing to their computers to try to explain his surprising appeal. Some cite his staunch constitutional philosophy, some his anti-war message. Vipers on both ends of the political continuum aggressively paint him as a loony anachronism attracting both the paranoid militia types as well as the Haight Ashbury pacifist left. Both views contain a kernel of truth, but they fail to understand the essence of his appeal.

Millions of Americans have awakened to the sham that is our dualistic political landscape. Greed, power, and money are now the Holy Trinity of national politics, and there is no lie too big or too audacious to advance its agenda. Death is life, war is peace, and deficits don’t matter. As we have seen with both parties and with giant drug companies, marketing now trumps truth. Rudy is now the leading conservative, and Hillary inspires the masses. And you may not know it yet, but you are afflicted with the heartbreak of restless leg syndrome.

So why Ron Paul? Because truth still matters. Because integrity still matters. Because underneath our daily blizzard of attempted thought control, one honest man still can make a difference. Because we are still human beings, with hopes, with dreams, with an indomitable belief that in the end, truth and love will win.

By virtue of his uncompromising record of defending both individual liberty and the constitution, Dr. Paul’s embodiment of true conservatism merits the support of those who truly value our republic’s roots. From among us has risen a patriot, fueled not by ego or a thirst for power, but rather by the groundswell of Americans who still believe in the dream of our forefathers. We believers have discovered a humble healer, one whose actions are far more glorious than his words. We have found one who is not an attorney, not a word weaver, but an honest man.

I look in the faces of fellow Paul supporters. I beep, smile, and give thumbs-up to drivers with Paul bumper stickers. I read their comments on post-debate poll websites. I sense something unique is happening. I see more than pragmatic party politics. I taste more than the usual “cult-of-personality” worship. So what drives his supporters? Special interests? Pork? Power? Ideology? Try faith, hope, and awareness.

Dr. Paul’s ascendance can best be described as an awakening, as a repudiation of decades of mind-control, as a transcendence of the false dichotomy of left versus right. Millions of Americans are discovering that our nation is sinking under the weight of its accumulated lies from both sides of the political aisle. Young and old alike yearn for truth and transparency, yearn for light to be shone into the dank recesses of our diseased national soul. They believe it is not too late. They believe America’s greatness lies not in her power but in her people. Not in her revenge but in her resolve. Not in her hubris, but in her humanity. They have faith in the heart of the average American to discern truth from lies. They possess hope in the American soul, hope that we are more than myopic, materialistic sheep. They believe in the power of one honest, courageous, and principled man. God bless us all.

"Published originally at EtherZone.com : republication allowed with this notice and hyperlink intact."

http://www.etherzone.com/2007/homc120507.shtml