PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul on The Glenn Beck Radio Program 7/28/15

jct74
07-28-2015, 03:07 PM
Buck Sexton is the fill-in host. Short interview, only talks about Planned Parenthood.

https://soundcloud.com/glennbeck/beck-blitz-defund-planned-parenthood-rand-paul-speaks

squirl22
07-28-2015, 04:15 PM
I called both of my senators this morning. They are both pro-life but also establishment, so who knows what they will do. Interesting, how it is Rand who had gotten this vote to the floor, but Cruz is acting like he is the leader on this issue. He is sooo jealous of Rand, poor guy.

hells_unicorn
07-28-2015, 04:34 PM
Short, but highly effective. This is an issue that will resonate with primary voters, particularly in states where Rand will have difficulty.

65fastback2+2
07-28-2015, 07:53 PM
I called both of my senators this morning. They are both pro-life but also establishment, so who knows what they will do. Interesting, how it is Rand who had gotten this vote to the floor, but Cruz is acting like he is the leader on this issue. He is sooo jealous of Rand, poor guy.

i get pissed at mcconnell all the time...and maybe he's doing what he does on purpose for the most part...but I think he helps get Rand these filibuster times and bills.

maybe he plays it up that he's evil so that Rand looks like this bipartisan savior? Maybe thats giving him too much credit...but there is certainly something going on with him.

anaconda
07-29-2015, 06:22 AM
Buck Sexton is the fill-in host. Short interview, only talks about Planned Parenthood.

https://soundcloud.com/glennbeck/beck-blitz-defund-planned-parenthood-rand-paul-speaks

Buck Sexton

This person does not appear to be either of the two neocon twits that sit in regularly with the pre-adolescent dufus Glenn Beck.

anaconda
07-29-2015, 06:28 AM
Cruz is acting like he is the leader on this issue. He is sooo jealous of Rand, poor guy.

He's more jealous of Grandpa Munster:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3bCziqtKaXHLHhEMNw9KmxnpxPYgtQ zZzdC4mjMNSm7GpFw9V0g

Libertyloyal
07-29-2015, 08:35 AM

As much as many of us get frustrated with Rand's friendliness to McConnell, it's hard to deny that it's paying dividends. Cruz on the other hand, gave that speech insulting McConnell and the establishment. Then, he acted shocked when no one wanted to support his amendment to the Highway bill. If you want someone who knows how to build coalitions, and actually get things done, Rand is the guy. Cruz on the other hand, talks a good game, but isolates himself, thus preventing him from passing anything constructive.

It sucks that politics gets in the way of passing good bills, and the Senate certainly shouldn't operate this way, but at the end of the day, that's how it is. That's what we're stuck with. Any president that wants to pass major reforms needs to know how to work within the system, without compromising their overall values. Rand has mastered this.