PDA

View Full Version : The Penny King Invites Ron Paul to an Economic Forum to Be Held in Topanga in June

Geronimo
12-05-2007, 06:23 PM
I have no idea who the Penny King is, and I know it's not about the campaign, but it is news.

h ttp://www.associatedcontent.com/article/469331/the_penny_king_invites_ron_paul_to.html

The Penny King Invites Ron Paul to an Economic Forum to Be Held in Topanga in June
Debate Will Center Around the Benefits and Positive Economic Change that Will Come from Abolishing the IRS and the Federal Reserve Banking System

"The Penny King" recently learned that Congressman Ron Paul, who is running as a republican for President of the United States, doesn't believe there is a penny shortage underway.

He is publicly inviting Ron Paul to an "Open Public Forum on the Global Impact of Fiat Dollar Currency Collapses and the Value of Pennies in Society" which is tentatively scheduled for June 3rd, 2008.

According to a statement published by Lew Rockwell, on November 16th, Ron Paul is said to have made the following statement to introduce the "make no cents until it makes sense act".

"I am introducing this bill in response to HR 3956, which would unconstitutionally delegate the authority to determine the metal content of coins to the Secretary of the Treasury. While I am concerned at the high cost of minting pennies, I am not entirely convinced that the Mint needs to mint as many pennies as it does. Over the past 30 years, over 300 billion pennies have been minted, more than twice as many coins as all other denominations combined. This is over 1,000 pennies for each man, woman, and child in this country." That is only $10.00 worth of pennies for everyone in the country.

"Not enough", according to "The Penny King", who says, "we need to abolish the manufacture of coinage in this country and lead the rest of the world into the plastic age where debit cards are charged with spare change and used by cashiers around the country to make change electronically. Coins have become mostly a passing fancy of children - there is no real need for them other than as a medium of exchange between pet rock and barbie doll collectors."

"Ron Paul does not believe there is a national penny shortage because he has not looked into the billions of pennies that people have been praying will turn into gold or dollars for the past ten years as I have been buying them for a dolar each in Los Angeles for the past three years only recently increasing my purchases as he gets more and more sponsors and backers behind me to change the monetary system operated by big corporate interests around the planet," according to "The Penny King".

In the same statement published by Rockwell, Ron Paul says he "finds it hard to believe that with this many pennies having been minted, we still have a shortage of pennies. My bill would prohibit the minting of pennies until the Treasury and Federal Reserve certify that there is no surplus of pennies. If there is a surplus of pennies, it makes no sense for the Mint to continue to coin them if each penny costs more than one cent to produce."

It is currently costing the US Mint more than a penny plus an eighth of a penny to manufacture pennies which represents the coin which has the greatest global demand of any other coin in the world, according to "the Penny King".

"If there really were a shortage, the onus would be on the Treasury and Fed to conduct their survey in a timely fashion in order to facilitate further penny production," says Paul who advocates shutting down the Federal Reserve and IRS as his first actions when he takes office as the new President of the United States of America and Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces.

But Paul, who is said to have been quoted as saying, "In the event of a shortage I would urge my colleagues to consider Mr. Roskam's HR 4036, which addresses the cost issue by changing the composition of pennies while maintaining the Congressional control and oversight mandated by the Constitution, understands the real problem lies not with whether or not there is a shortage, but who controls the value of the penny, is it the people, Paul or the Penny King that really determines the value of the penny as a freely exchangable medium of exchange?

If you ask two dozen people in Los Angeles if they have heard of the Penny King or the Penny Shortage, at least 90% of them will have heard of both, according to survey's conducted by the Infinite Freedom Foundation, a Los Angeles based not for profit group organizing the Penny Appreciation fund for "The Penny King".

People organizing the "Open Public Forum on the Global Impact of Fiat Dollar Currency Collapses and the Value of Pennies in Society" are getting paid a dollar for every penny they bring to the Forum which is planned to be held in Topanga in June, so Ron Paul, you better start saving your pennies, as "The Penny King" doubts you can find or get more than a few rolls of them from any cashier in America these days.