PDA

View Full Version : McConnell Defeats Cruz and Lee in Planned Parenthood Vote

jj-
07-26-2015, 08:27 PM
So when Cruz came to the floor looking for 16 senators to agree to hold a roll-call vote, only three raised their hands. McConnell, sitting at his desk, turned around and peered at Cruz, who looked stunned at what had just happened. The Senate dispensed with his effort by a voice vote and quickly moved on, doing the same to Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah), a Cruz ally who sought to use arcane procedures to force a vote on defunding Planned Parenthood.

It all went down in an instant, but the message was clear: If Cruz doesn’t want to play nice with his Republican colleagues, they will respond in kind.

“You learn that in kindergarten: You learn to work well together and play by the rules,” said Sen. Lamar Alexander of Tennessee, a close McConnell ally who was beaming after Cruz and Lee were handed such lopsided defeats. “Another thing you learn in kindergarten is to respect one another.”

Read the rest. (http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/senate-obamacare-repeal-ted-cruz-mike-lee-120637.html?hp=t3_r)

Origanalist
07-26-2015, 09:35 PM
You can't treat me like that I'll show you, we'll let a lot more babies die. How do you like those apples? And we'll get the import export bank up and running again.

Anti Federalist
07-26-2015, 09:40 PM
You can't treat me like that I'll show you, we'll let a lot more babies die. How do you like those apples? And we'll get the import export bank up and running again.

Yup, that's basically it...we'll wink and nod at aborted baby parts being sold for profit at taxpayer's expense, just to teach you young punks a lesson about "dissing" us.

These people are evil, they are mobsters, thugs and gangsters.

And there will be a reckoning.

Sola_Fide
07-26-2015, 10:38 PM
This country is run by murderers. We deserve everything that is coming to us.

CPUd
07-26-2015, 11:05 PM
Republicans rebuke Cruz over his charge McConnell lied

Ted Barrett, CNN Senior Congressional Producer

Updated 7:54 PM ET, Sun July 26, 2015

(CNN) Several senior Republican senators strongly rebuked Texas Sen. Ted Cruz on Sunday for his controversial floor speech charging Senate Majority Mitch McConnell with lying about whether the Senate would vote to revive the Export-Import Bank.

"I think it was outside the realm of Senate behavior," said Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona, who has clashed with Cruz in the past. "I would never contemplate going to the floor of the Senate and impugning the integrity of another senator. Just not something we do here. I really think it was a very wrong thing to do."

"Squabbling and sanctimony may be tolerated in other venues -- or perhaps on the campaign trail -- but they have no place among colleagues in the United States Senate," warned Sen. Orrin Hatch of Utah in a lengthy floor speech reprimanding Cruz.

As President Pro Tempore of the Senate, Hatch was tasked by GOP leaders with formally responding to the caustic nature of Cruz's speech on Friday, which many believe violated a Senate rule against impugning the integrity of a fellow senator.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/26/politics/cruz-senate-mcconnell-lied/index.html

limequat
07-27-2015, 07:26 AM
Cruz is bought and paid for, but this causes me to sympathize with him somewhat.

I love how the panty-waists are wide-eyed and fanning themselves because -OMG- he said something bad about McConnell.

NewRightLibertarian
07-27-2015, 07:53 AM
Cruz is bought and paid for, but this causes me to sympathize with him somewhat.

I love how the panty-waists are wide-eyed and fanning themselves because -OMG- he said something bad about McConnell.

I agree that it's likely all theater, but the fact that Cruz will throw GOP leadership under the bus and make them seem pro-abortion isn't such a bad thing. Liberty-minded folks in the GOP grassroots can use this to bash establishment politicians.

erowe1
07-27-2015, 08:13 AM
only three raised their hands

Who were the three?

limequat
07-27-2015, 08:36 AM
Who were the three?

That was why I clicked the link :(

I assume Cruz, Lee, and Rand, but who knows, right?

JK/SEA
07-27-2015, 08:36 AM
so all Cruz has to do is stand up and call Mitch a baby killer....

William Tell
07-27-2015, 08:57 AM
Its a real shame these establishment people are doing this. Especially stopping an abortion vote, terrible.

limequat
07-27-2015, 11:18 AM
so all Cruz has to do is stand up and call Mitch a baby killer....

That would violate Senate Rule 19.

Murder, torture, war... no problem. But you call a senator "liar, liar, pants on fire" and well, that's just a bridge too far.

TommyJeff
07-27-2015, 04:12 PM

Really?? This is the first I'm hearing of this. Would you explain please? (Honest question, not sarcasm)

NewRightLibertarian
07-27-2015, 05:59 PM
Really?? This is the first I'm hearing of this. Would you explain please? (Honest question, not sarcasm)

He's got lots of establishment ties. Veteran Washington D.C. lawyer, Bush attorney, bureaucrat in the W. Bush administration. His wife was a Goldman Sachs exec and a CFR member. And he's a hawkish neocon to boot. Lots to hate from a libertarian perspective although his voting record overall is quite solid.

Dianne
07-27-2015, 07:22 PM

Exactly what I was thinking. I'll show you Ted Cruz... Let the Genocide Continue .... hahahahahahahahahahaha !!!! I won, so did my Cocaine dealing father-in-law. If you're not old enough to buy my father-in-law's drugs, die !!!!

AuH20
07-27-2015, 07:24 PM
3 other senators have corroborated what Cruz stated. Off the record of course. Sounds like Mitch and Co. rule by fear.

Dianne
07-27-2015, 07:26 PM
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/10/31/1340696/-40kg-Of-Cocaine-Found-On-Mitch-McConnell-s-Father-In-Law-s-Boat

Buy our Daddy's cocaine or die and be sold for body parts. Of course, FOX News never discussed this story. It was in the news media for 10 minutes, then disappeared... Has McConnell's father in law been hung yet? Like so many wish of Snowden? Of course not. I bet McConnell is the biggest drug hook up in Washington.. Whatever they want, his Daddy in law can supply it.

James Chao, father of Mitch McConnell’s wife Elaine, has a lot of questions to answer after 40 kilograms of cocaine (about $6.7 million worth) was found on the Ping May, a ship owned by the Foremost Group, a company James Chao founded and led to a tidy fortune. But was that fortune built on honest movement of legitimate bulk trade goods, or has Mr. Chao been trading in less than legal goods?

The cocaine, found in 40 separate packages, was discovered during a routine inspection hidden among a load of coal bound for Europe from the port of Santa Marta, Columbia onboard the Ping May, one of 15 ships Foremost currently operates, with another 8 under construction. The final destination for the ship was to be the Netherlands, likely one of the port cities surrounding Amsterdam. It is known that the Ping May has been witnessed at the port of Zaanstad, one of these cities, in the past.

Foremost Group is the source of most of Senator McConnell’s fortune through gifts and inheritance from his in-laws. It is a shadowy corporation, utilizing a complex scheme of shell companies to skip out on millions in taxes annually.

addictinginfo

There is some additional information at the link which may lead to other conversations but this part of the story may be the one that gets the most attention.

From The Nation:

Foremost acts as a shipping agent, purchasing vessels made primarily in China and coordinating shipment of commodities. Records reviewed by The Nation reveal that Foremost transports corn, chemicals and other goods to cities throughout the world. The company has offices in New York and Hong Kong.

Some of the goods shipped by Foremost echo themes of the McConnell campaign. At a Young Professionals Association of Louisville event this month, McConnell stressed his opposition to carbon dioxide limits imposed by the federal government that would impact the domestic coal market. He argued that such efforts would be fruitless given the role of coal in developing countries and the rising coal trade. Foremost ships routinely transport coal from ports in Australia and Colombia, countries with cheap coal, for export to Asia and Europe.

The firm, however, leaves a faint online trace. Foremost’s website FMCNY.com is blank. Records and court documents obtained by The Nation show that the ownership of the company’s vessels—with names such as Ping May, Soya May, Fu May and Grain May—is obscured through a byzantine structure of tax entities. Most of Foremost’s vessels are flagged in Liberia, which ensures that crew members of Foremost’s ships work under Liberia’s maritime labor laws, which critics note allow for intimidation in the workplace and few protections for labor unions. In addition, a Liberian “flag of convenience” allows ship owners to pay lower tonnage taxes than ships that fly the US flag. Maritime companies have increasingly used the Marshall Islands to register their vessels. The jurisdiction boasts of “no taxation, lax regulation, and no requirements for disclosure of many corporate details—even to the United States government,” according to a report in World Policy Journal.

DevilsAdvocate
07-27-2015, 09:02 PM
You would let your vote be influenced by your personal vendetta? It isn't supposed to be about you, you're serving as the representative for a whole group of people. You're simply a messenger and a voice for them.

These people think they rule us.

limequat
07-27-2015, 09:07 PM

Um, yes.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?448890-SE-Cupp-Why-the-GOP-needs-Rand-Paul

A bunch of republicans went to kiss Sheldon Adelson's ring. One insider said the following
“The best thing that could happen is Ted Cruz and Rand Paul run and steal each other’s support, but if not, we’ll be ready to take Paul down.”

There is no mention of taking Cruz down, because there is no need to. He is one of them.

sparebulb
07-27-2015, 09:15 PM
I expect to see a SWLOD from Raphael.

Maybe even written in caps.

I'm sure that all of you are with me and pray that Raphie doesn't fly off the handle and do something that might upset his peers.

After all, we can't risk splitting the Party.

TaftFan
07-27-2015, 09:37 PM
Ever since it stopped being "Paul, Cruz, and Lee" it has put a damper on Rand. Granted, it isn't 100% his fault, but it mostly is.