PDA

View Full Version : If Trump goes independent, should Ron Paul do so as well?

TaftFan
07-25-2015, 10:45 PM
I'm supporting Rand 100%, but if he doesn't win the nomination and Trump decides to run as an independent (I would not doubt it based on his ego) I would like to see Ron Paul jump in the race.

ChristianAnarchist
07-26-2015, 12:16 AM
I'm always for Ron jumping into the race...

mrsat_98
07-26-2015, 05:25 AM
I'm always for Ron jumping into the race...

Me too, but the consequences would be infamous Hillary Clinton.

Aratus
07-26-2015, 05:45 AM
tis a curiously bold scenario

Peace&Freedom
07-26-2015, 09:23 AM

Well if it does result in Hillary winning, it would put pressure on GOP leaders to not cheat legitimate candidates out of a chance to win the nomination. At present, no such pressure exists---no pain or bad outcome is associated with the party foisting one ineffectual moderate after another on primary voters as the "electable" one, while blacking out real alternatives. A Trump or Paul 3rd party run would signal to the leaders there will be consequences to vote rigging, or other dirty tricks used to keep them from winning.

enhanced_deficit
07-26-2015, 09:44 AM
Qualified yes.

Need to know in detail where Rand stands on DGP's masters and their nefarious foreign wars policies.

acptulsa
07-26-2015, 09:46 AM
If that establishment hack makes an independent run, it'll be because Rand Paul won the GOP nomination. So, no. Of course he shouldn't run independent after winning the GOP nomination. What a stupid question.

William Tell
07-26-2015, 09:48 AM
If that establishment hack makes an independent run, it'll be because Rand Paul won the GOP nomination. So, no. Of course he shouldn't run independent after winning the GOP nomination. What a stupid question.

This is about Ron, though.

acptulsa
07-26-2015, 10:00 AM
This is about Ron, though.

No, of course he shouldn't run as an independent after his son wins the GOP nomination.

How is it any less a stupid question?

William Tell
07-26-2015, 10:07 AM
No, of course he shouldn't run as an independent after his son wins the GOP nomination.

How is it any less a stupid question?
Well, I don't think Ron would ever run again.

ChristianAnarchist
07-26-2015, 10:26 AM

I'm afraid that TPTB have already decided that is going to be the outcome. I hope I'm wrong...

specsaregood
07-26-2015, 10:30 AM
Why are people so uncontent to let the man enjoy his well deserved retirement?

r3volution 3.0
07-26-2015, 12:34 PM
If the goal is to so alienate Republicans as to make it impossible for libertarians to run in future Republican primaries, then yes, Ron should run.

Otherwise, not so much...

r3volution 3.0
07-26-2015, 12:36 PM
Well, I don't think Ron would ever run again. And of course he wouldn't run against Rand. But as far as what we would like him to do, I don't see how Trump should affect it. That's the only weird thing about the poll to me. If I want Ron in I want him in regardless of Trump.

I don't think Rand is so much a mainstream GOPer, but he may be a Democrat operative. If so, he would likely run independent regardless of who wins the GOP nomination.

:eek:

You meant Trump, no?

William Tell
07-26-2015, 01:07 PM
:eek:

You meant Trump, no?
Of course, that's what my comment says. It always said that, right?:o

oyarde
07-26-2015, 09:07 PM
I'm supporting Rand 100%, but if he doesn't win the nomination and Trump decides to run as an independent (I would not doubt it based on his ego) I would like to see Ron Paul jump in the race.

Say Rand wins the nomination or does not, the Dems will be hoping someone runs Independ. or Libert. that can pull more than 1 % or even up to 3 % , that ensures Dem victory. Think of all the states that are not in play and are Dem locks ...... leaves about zero margin for error.

euphemia
07-26-2015, 09:24 PM
The Republican party has proven they are just Democrats a little behind the curve. It's time for a new message out there.

There are not a lot of things to like about Trump, but he sure doesn't back down from a fight with the media. I wish other candidates would step up to the plate and take a swing. I'm solidly behind Rand, but he has got to stop sounding so carefully scripted. Ron speaks from his heart and his words have a lot of flow. Rand needs to do more. He's walking all around the edges and picking up fringe votes and that's great, but there is a huge base out there that doesn't feel heard and hasn't had a candidate speak to where they are.

Kotin
07-26-2015, 09:29 PM
Ron is never coming back to electoral politics and I am happy for him, it was probably very stressful.

Peace&Freedom
07-26-2015, 09:45 PM
Ron is never coming back to electoral politics and I am happy for him, it was probably very stressful.

More stressful than seeing the country collapse into martial law tyranny if he doesn't? If Rand has to quit the GOP campaign by the spring of 2016 because he isn't winning anything (likely vote rigged out of winning), do you want the pro-liberty forces to be stranded for yet a third time in three election cycles, with no place to go? Will you support in that case whomever the LP or CP candidate is, since we will have struck out trying the Republican route? If the answer to those questions is no, there would be really no other reasonable option than for Ron or Rand to run third party.

Aratus
07-27-2015, 11:54 PM
after this lil ole perfectly lousy but wondrously brilliant poll up above, should i do a BIDEN/CLINTON verses PAUL/TRUMP poll
or just bump once again my perfectly astute BARR/WRIGHT poll form a few years back? i am sore torn, given our landscape!
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?135750-Short-sweet-and-simple!-RUN-BOB-BARR-with-REV-WRIGHT! "rather than far right, let's be barr right!" letz counter rick santorum

Republicanguy
07-28-2015, 06:17 AM
There are five declared Independents, but they'd all need to try and get on one state's ballot.

The guy that run in the 1980 election he did well with over four million votes.

What dirty tricks would be done in one state to prevent an Independent from getting on the ballot?

jkob
07-31-2015, 09:09 AM
I wish it could happen but I know it won't and Ron deserves his rest.

Okie RP fan
07-31-2015, 09:17 AM
Let Dr. Paul rest, for Pete's sake. He's done enough, we can't keep going back to him if this "movement" is to continue on.

erowe1
07-31-2015, 09:28 AM

As opposed to what?