PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Cassidy For Arizona State House LD24

William Tell
07-25-2015, 07:51 AM
He supports nullification.

http://www.danielcassidyforarizona.com/ld_24_issues?page=1

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Daniel-Cassidy-For-Arizona-House-LD24/722532917822872

https://twitter.com/DanielCassidyAZ

jurgs01
07-25-2015, 08:09 AM
He looks pretty good and sees through Trump's BS.

He looks like more of a JBS type liberty supporter. He opposes legalizing marijuana because of the taxation aspect (kind of weird, I guess throwing people in a cage is better??) I don't see a position on privacy.

Overall, he seems better than 99% of candidates though.

William Tell
07-25-2015, 08:16 AM
He looks like more of a JBS type liberty supporter. Not sure what that's supposed to mean, all the good ones are.

He opposes legalizing marijuana because of the taxation aspect (kind of weird, I guess throwing people in a cage is better??) I don't see a position on privacy.

I read his marijuana tweet as meaning that most measures don't go far enough. I could be wrong. I see a lot of arguments over the terms legalization, decriminalization etc. Simpson was the only one who put forward a truly good marijuana bill as far as I know.

jurgs01
07-25-2015, 08:37 AM
Not sure what that's supposed to mean, all the good ones are.

I follow JBS, but their followers tend to lean more to the hyper-nationalist America (constitutional America of course) is great rather than true liberty. They are more likely to support protectionist trade measures and other similar things. They tend to be 90% aligned with the liberty movement, which is pretty good. Their New American magazine congressional ranking are the best though IMHO.

It is the most exciting when candidates are followers of the Mises Academy. The posters and books Justin Amash always has in the background are money.

jurgs01
07-25-2015, 08:43 AM
Here is what I asked him on his FB page:

Daniel, what is your position on privacy (i.e., NSA spying). Also, what do you think about criminal justice and police militarization? Last, you said you oppose legalizing marijuana because of taxation. Do you support decriminalization?

William Tell
07-27-2015, 10:30 AM
I read his marijuana tweet as meaning that most measures don't go far enough.

Yep, I was right.

Daniel Cassidy For Arizona House LD24 (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Daniel-Cassidy-For-Arizona-House-LD24/722532917822872) Thank you for reaching out. I think these are very important questions. On the matter of criminal justice, I think that victims rights are of the highest concern. Property crimes should be the focus of the police and making the community safe by protecting property. I am not for militarization of the local police departments. To those ends, we were warned of the military industrial complex, I think our next concern is the police industrial complex, which I am oppose to in all regards. The local police should be armed and ready for what may come, but the idea of making our local police into a military-style force is working against liberty and will only, as we have seen in the areas that such policies are used, damage liberty. Keeping our police forces local and connected to the communities that they serve is critical to keeping our police local and not militarized. Moving onto 'legalization' of marijuana. First legalization is code word for taxation of which I oppose without a doubt. For a plant that has killed zero people, I think the idea of decriminalization is where the focus should be. For example, a person without any prior criminal record and simply is caught with a small amount of marijuana for personal use, are charged with a felony. They then have to worry about the future with a felony on their record - we know how that goes. This to me is a major threat to liberty and the future happiness of citizens that decide to use marijuana and have not harmed anyone in making that decision. I think the harm principle should be accounted for in the equation, which, today, it is not considered. Many may disagree with me on this matter, but I ask one thing. Should the punishment of simple possession of marijuana be far greater than the actual damage caused by simple possession? No. It is not right, and a sensible approach to marijuana reform is needed, and I will be first to support a sensible approach to this issue as I have advocated in the past. I do not support locking up citizens for making personal decisions. Again, citizens should have the liberty to decide what one wants to put into their own body is far more superior to being forced into certain ways of living. And for this, I think the current laws pertaining to simple possession of marijuana do more harm to the citizens of Arizona than many realize. So in essence, I, out of mere principle, don't support 'legalization' of free-choice when it includes a tax to do so. Wouldn't liberty dictate that such efforts are not real liberty, but rather the opposite? I believe so. Yes, I 100% support a sensible approach to simple possession of marijuana especially if such activity is for personal and/or private use. I hope I answered your questions. If you would like a more detailed answer or have others, please feel free to email me LibertyAz2016@gmail.com -DJC
July 25 at 6:39pm

jurgs01
07-27-2015, 06:28 PM
Great answers!