PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul's Super PAC is Powered By Whole Foods and Pot

William R
07-24-2015, 04:35 PM
Rand Paul's fundraising has been surprisingly anemic over the past few months as the GOP presidential candidate has found his message failing to resonate with some of the traditional sources of GOP campaign money, such as Wall Street. But a recent filing by a super PAC that supports him, and which is staffed by former aides and relatives of the Senator, shows that Paul is getting some traction with libertarian-leaning donors. The bad news for Paul is that the oufit backing his candidacy still raised $100 million less than the one backing Jeb Bush.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/07/rand-paul-super-pac-whole-foods-pot-company

Jan2017
07-24-2015, 05:02 PM
and don't forget the 108,000 individual donors contributing to the campaign directly either - those little peeps all got one vote too.

Only USA stadium that could fit them . . .

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/Michigan_Stadium_2011b_zps1f7g6p9b.jpg (http://s372.photobucket.com/user/sunblush/media/Michigan_Stadium_2011b_zps1f7g6p9b.jpg.html)

65fastback2+2
07-24-2015, 05:06 PM
^Uhhh...you forgot AT&T (Cowboys) Stadium which held over 108,000 for the NBA All-star game.

Jan2017
07-24-2015, 05:17 PM
^Uhhh...you forgot AT&T (Cowboys) Stadium which held over 108,000 for the NBA All-star game.

OK - I concede - temporary seatings on the football field should count as well . . .
and I still need to pimp the blimp more too.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/jetsgame2011.jpg (http://s372.photobucket.com/user/sunblush/media/jetsgame2011.jpg.html)

Spikender
07-24-2015, 05:34 PM
That one comment on the article has me rollin'.

Those evil rabid conservatives and their overpriced soy milk, HA.

driege
07-24-2015, 05:37 PM
and don't forget the 108,000 individual donors contributing to the campaign directly either - those little peeps all got one vote too.

Only USA stadium that could fit them . . .

Fuck Michigan and all the Walmart Wolverines that inhabit that shit hole of a stadium

Jan2017
07-24-2015, 07:18 PM
. . . Michigan and all the Walmart Wolverines . . .

LMAO, driege - gotta love the college rivalries . . .

or are ya' a baseball fan (?) - then a couple of these needed for Rand's individual donors

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/Angel_Stadium_of_Anaheim_b_zpsirhnnmay.jpg (http://s372.photobucket.com/user/sunblush/media/Angel_Stadium_of_Anaheim_b_zpsirhnnmay.jpg.html)

chronicaust
07-24-2015, 08:00 PM
That one comment on the article has me rollin'.

Those evil rabid conservatives and their overpriced soy milk, HA.

LOL BRUH that guy in the comments has to be trollin right??!! XD

fr33
07-24-2015, 08:25 PM
Maybe if Rand ever has a conversation with the Whole Foods guy he can convince him on how dumb he is to ban customers from carrying firearms in his stores...

jj-
07-24-2015, 08:30 PM
Maybe if Rand ever has a conversation with the Whole Foods guy he can convince him on how dumb he is to ban customers from carrying firearms in his stores...

Nah, I would say: see how great private property is? You can decide what rules are to be followed on your property, and say the same thing to the leftists.

fr33
07-24-2015, 08:34 PM
Nah, I would say: see how great private property is? You can decide what rules are to be followed on your property, and say the same things to the leftists.

Nah, I would say: See how great individual liberty is? You're customers probably don't want to be potential fish in a barrel to be shot and killed. It's not like you are providing security for them.

jj-
07-24-2015, 08:36 PM
Nah, I would say: See how great individual liberty is? You're customers probably don't want to be potential fish in a barrel to be shot and killed. It's not like you are providing security for them.

I wouldn't choose to say that because the level of profits already says that, at least when there is competition and many stores can try different gun policies.

FSP-Rebel
07-24-2015, 09:20 PM

Bro, you ever shopped at these WF stores? Considering their organic nature, they're shopped mostly by snobby up and coming liberals who don't like the site of the rough and tumble roaming around w/ firearms, which is what many of these open carriers appear like - just sayin. Take a look at the meat cuts/prices because of their organic upraisings and you'll find that they're totally non-GMO fed which makes a normal T-bone at Meijers for 8$ into an 18$ larger cut at WFs. Now feed a family of four at prices across the table like this, unbelievable. The one I've been to is right smack dab down the road from the University of Michigan's Hospital in Ann Arbor w/ plenty of hybrids in the parking lot. I work there and I can vouch for the fact that the vast majority of them and the U-M elites make their way through that store for their shopping routines. I used to open carry w/ a shoulder holster when I'd shop in NH market stores but not around here even tho it's so-called legal too - and I'm not rough and tumble, just good lookin.:D

fr33
07-24-2015, 09:33 PM
Bro, you ever shopped at these WF stores? Considering their organic nature, they're shopped mostly by snobby up and coming liberals who don't like the site of the rough and tumble roaming around w/ firearms, which is what many of these open carriers appear like - just sayin. Take a look at the meat cuts/prices because of their organic upraisings and you'll find that they're totally non-GMO fed which makes a normal T-bone at Meijers for 8$ into an 18$ larger cut at WFs. Now feed a family of four at prices across the table like this, unbelievable. The one I've been to is right smack dab down the road from the University of Michigan's Hospital in Ann Arbor w/ plenty of hybrids in the parking lot. I work there and I can vouch for the fact that the vast majority of them and the U-M elites make their way through that store for their shopping routines. I used to open carry w/ a shoulder holster when I'd shop in NH market stores but not around here even tho it's so-called legal too - and I'm not rough and tumble, just good lookin.:D

I'm not even talking about open carry. They even prohibit concealed carry. It's just weird that such a liberal would fund Rand's PAC and I truly do think somehow he can be reasoned with. He's found some reason to support Rand instead of Hitlery. There's got to be something there between his ears.

Jan2017
07-24-2015, 09:46 PM
I did a quick bio of Mr. Mackey, co-CEO of Whole Foods - who donated $50,000 to the RandPAC.
I didn't expect to find all of this . . .

In a debate in Reason magazine among Mackey, economist Milton Freeman, and entrepreneur T.J. Roberts,
Mr. Mackey said that he is a "free market libertarian".

As a beginning businessman he was challenged by workers for not paying adequate wages and by customers for overcharging,
during a time when he was hardly breaking even. He began to take a more capitalistic worldview, and discovered
the works of Ludwig von Mises, Frederick Hayek, and Milton Friedman.

Although some contradictory critics, Mackey is the "driving force" behind significant changes in animal welfare.
He started a non-profit foundation, the Animal Compassion Foundation, to address making animal welfare more economically viable.
He has been a member of the Board of Directors for the Humane Society of the United States since 2009.
Met his wife while they were living in a vegetarian housing co-op.

In 2006, Mackey announced he was reducing his salary to $1.00 a year, would donate his stock portfolio to charity,
and set up a $100,000 emergency fund for staff facing personal problems.

Geez, I was just trying to find out who be supporting Rand, so I went into one of the three Whole Foods here in town
this evening for the first time just to see what was up - it was very busy.

I didn't see any metal detector if you were to carry. - is the bio I read just all bs ?

fr33
07-24-2015, 09:54 PM
I didn't see any metal detector if you were to carry. - is the bio I read just all bs ?[/FONT]

Metal detectors aren't the part of the laws in any state when it comes to prohibiting firearms. Whole Foods bans guns in every state they are legally allowed to do so. https://www.google.com/search?q=whole+foods+conceal+carry&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Jan2017
07-24-2015, 10:25 PM
Metal detectors aren't the part of the laws in any state when it comes to prohibiting firearms. Whole Foods bans guns in every state they are legally allowed to do so.

Well, there are certainly buildings here that I could not bring weapons in anyway -
Federal buildings like the Federal courthouse/library of course I'm emptying pockets, turn on tablet computer for guards to see that it boots up,
take off boots the couple times that I have had them on, and then walk through metal detector.

fwiw, there is also the Undetectable Firearms Act, the prohibition against guns that can evade metal detectors and X-ray machines.
The law was first put into effect in 1988, and signed into law by President Reagan.
Any plastic gun must have some piece of metal in it - or on it - so that it cannot be used to evade a metal detector.

RonPaulMall
07-24-2015, 10:41 PM
[/COLOR]Geez, I was just trying to find out who be supporting Rand, so I went into one of the three Whole Foods here in town
this evening for the first time just to see what was up - it was very busy.

I didn't see any metal detector if you were to carry. - is the bio I read just all bs ?[/FONT]

The Bio is not BS. Mackey is a well known Libertarian. He penned a widely read op-ed against Obamacare that made a pretty big splash:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052970204251404574342170072865070

There is nothing "non-libertarian" about not allowing guns in to your store. Your property, your rules.

fr33
07-24-2015, 10:50 PM
There is nothing "non-libertarian" about not allowing guns in to your store. Your property, your rules.

Hopefully the sheeple he invites in aren't taken advantage of maniacs.

It is more libertarian to realize the reality of the situation in regards to the threat of violence. The Lafayette theater was gun free zone just like any Whole Foods store located in states that recognize anti-gun signage as the law. A lot of good that did them.

Jan2017
07-24-2015, 10:56 PM
The Bio is not BS. Mackey is a well known Libertarian. He penned a widely read op-ed against Obamacare that made a pretty big splash:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052970204251404574342170072865070

Thanks for the info and link.

RonPaulMall
07-25-2015, 06:07 AM
It is more libertarian to realize the reality of the situation in regards to the threat of violence. The Lafayette theater was gun free zone just like any Whole Foods store located in states that recognize anti-gun signage as the law. A lot of good that did them.

Whole Foods shopping centers are located in upscale neighborhoods and its customers are mostly upper class white families and young college hipsters. The "threat of violence" one faces in Whole Foods is about as small as it gets. Whole Foods probably figures (correctly) that the odds of some produce stocker accidentally shooting someone with his gun is infinitely greater than gang bangers raiding a store for unrefined coconut oil and organic kale, and so for litigation and insurance reasons, they simply adopt a no gun rule. Just because you believe in the Second Amendment doesn't mean you have to carry a gun.

Brett85
07-25-2015, 11:07 AM
It's probably a good thing that Rand's Super Pacs haven't received much money, considering how horrible the ads that they've put out so far have been.

William R
07-25-2015, 12:21 PM

I have a concealed carry permit and have walked into a Whole Foods dozens of times with my gun. Now that it's summer I'm wearing a tank top, shorts and flipflops so it stays under my car seat.

Jan2017
08-02-2015, 07:59 PM
http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/Michigan001a_zpsr5ugcdq5.jpg (http://s372.photobucket.com/user/sunblush/media/Michigan001a_zpsr5ugcdq5.jpg.html)

Fuck Michigan and all the Walmart Wolverines that inhabit that shit hole of a stadium

Michigan State will be at that stadium in mid-October and have won their game against the Wolverines 6 of last 7 years.

HarBo might change that though and hopefully they get competitive again. Some pre-season predictions have them third in their division
behind the reigning National Champions and the Spartans.