PDA

View Full Version : Ted Cruz Calls Mitch McConnell a Liar on Senate Floor

William R
07-24-2015, 10:32 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2015/07/24/ted-cruz-calls-mitch-mcconnell-a-liar-on-the-senate-floor/

And he's about to go on Hush(Limbaugh) Bimbo's show in a few minutes

Cruz is after the establishment GOP. He's hitched himself to Trump and he's raising lots of money

I don't like Cruz. He's just another Neocon Chicken Hawk but he's running a smart campaign IMO

AuH20
07-24-2015, 10:45 AM
Cruz and Rand are both in trouble. Not enough oomph.

William R
07-24-2015, 10:51 AM
Cruz and Rand are both in trouble. Not enough oomph.

I think there's a coordinated effort by Bimbo, The(Glen Beck)Clown and others to pump up Cruz as an alternative to Trump. Cruz is Bimbo's dream candidate.

SilentBull
07-24-2015, 11:06 AM
Cruz will get some attention and a little bump just before the debates. Rand really needs some attention in the next two weeks to ensure that he stays in the top 10.

William R
07-24-2015, 11:42 AM
Cruz will get some attention and a little bump just before the debates. Rand really needs some attention in the next two weeks to ensure that he stays in the top 10.

I'm worried Rand might have peaked when he went after that reporter on abortion. He's been trending downward since

AuH20
07-24-2015, 11:43 AM
I'm worried Rand might have peaked when he went after that reporter on abortion. He's been trending downward since

Rand peaked after the drone filibuster.

timosman
07-24-2015, 12:29 PM
Rand peaked after the FAKE drone filibuster.

FTFY.

Brian4Liberty
07-24-2015, 01:26 PM
Cruz is getting a lot of coverage out of this.

Seems that he is trying to divert attention from his TPA/TPP support and vote by attacking McConnell and the Ex-Im Bank.

Brian4Liberty
07-24-2015, 01:27 PM
FTFY.

Are you a Cruz supporter? Why take a pot-shot at Rand in a Cruz thread?

William R
07-24-2015, 01:34 PM
Rand peaked after the drone filibuster.

That was 2013. He was riding strong in 2014 and early 2015.

phill4paul
07-24-2015, 01:48 PM
We will see where he stands once the debates get rolling. IMHO his performance there will make or break him.

DevilsAdvocate
07-24-2015, 02:43 PM
It's kind of sick to me how much electoral power talk radio hosts have. With the ability to make or break someone's campaign. Like shepherds leading their flock. Can't we all just think freely and vote for who we choose to? Do we really need someone with a loud voice to herd us around? These are such primitive times we live in.

johnwk
07-25-2015, 09:06 AM
I think Senator Cruz owes us an explanation! Will we get one?

I agree with Senator Cruz that McConnell is a liar. There is no question about that! But I do have a problem with something Cruz said during his exposé of McConnell, which he ought to explain.

Cruz said after he took McConnell’s word he voted for fast track trade promotion authority being granted to Obama because he believes in "free trade”.

Well, FTTPA has absolutely nothing to do with free trade, and everything to do with Cruz agreeing to allow Obama to exercise Congress’ legislative functions with respect to its exclusive power to regulate commerce with foreign nations.

Our founding fathers intentionally placed this power in Congress’ hands to insure any regulations of commerce would be formulated, debated, and amended if needed by the State Congressional Delegations sent to Washington so each State’s interests would be represented in the making of such regulations. And after any regulations of commerce were agreed upon by Congress, the president was left with a limited power to either approve or veto the regulations of commerce agreed to by Congress.

Fast Track Trade promotion authority which Cruz agreed to place in Obama’s hands, is intentionally designed to reverse the president's and Congress' constitutionally assigned duties as they apply to regulating commerce with foreign nations. In this reversal, the president would usurp Congress’ assigned duty to represent each of our State’s interests when fashioning regulations of commerce while Congress would be left with the limited power to either approve or veto what the president has cooked up in secret with foreign nations.

Now, shouldn’t Senator Cruz have the decency to explain how free trade and the best interests of the United States is advanced by allowing Obama to exercise Congress’ exclusive power to regulate commerce with foreign nations?

JWK

Dianne
07-25-2015, 09:09 AM

I agree with Senator Cruz that McConnell is a liar. There is no question about that! But I do have a problem with something Cruz said during his exposé of McConnell, which he ought to explain.

Cruz said after he took McConnell’s word he voted for fast track trade promotion authority being granted to Obama because he believes in "free trade”.

Well, FTTPA has absolutely nothing to do with free trade, and everything to do with Cruz agreeing to allow Obama to exercise Congress’ legislative functions with respect to its exclusive power to regulate commerce with foreign nations.

Our founding fathers intentionally placed this power in Congress’ hands to insure any regulations of commerce would be formulated, debated, and amended if needed by the State Congressional Delegations sent to Washington so each State’s interests would be represented in the making of such regulations. And after any regulations of commerce were agreed upon by Congress, the president was left with a limited power to either approve or veto the regulations of commerce agreed to by Congress.

Fast Track Trade promotion authority which Cruz agreed to place in Obama’s hands, is intentionally designed to reverse the president's and Congress' constitutionally assigned duties as they apply to regulating commerce with foreign nations. In this reversal, the president would usurp Congress’ assigned duty to represent each of our State’s interests when fashioning regulations of commerce while Congress would be left with the limited power to either approve or veto what the president has cooked up in secret with foreign nations.

Now, shouldn’t Senator Cruz have the decency to explain how free trade and the best interests of the United States is advanced by allowing Obama to exercise Congress’ exclusive power to regulate commerce with foreign nations?

JWK

Good point. How could Cruz place any exclusive power in the hands of Obama.

Ronin Truth
07-25-2015, 09:25 AM
Lead CONgresscritter Mitch could also be called a liar, off the Senate floor. :p ;) :mad:

ClydeCoulter
07-25-2015, 09:26 AM
Yes, Cruz told some truth, not just about McConnell, but the whole of congress, but then used that "truth" to further subvert the truth (TPP/TPA), and to promote more Israel first support.

Ronin Truth
07-25-2015, 09:29 AM
Yes, Cruz told some truth, not just about McConnell, but the whole of congress, but then used that "truth" to further subvert the truth (TPP/TPA), and to promote more Israel first support.

There's no truth, integrity nor honor among the CONgresscritter weasels. :( :mad: ;)

Brian4Liberty
07-25-2015, 04:20 PM

JWK

Here's your explanation. Don't expect this from Cruz though:

Seems that he is trying to divert attention from his TPA/TPP support and vote by attacking McConnell and the Ex-Im Bank.

Brian4Liberty
07-25-2015, 04:20 PM

JWK

Here's your explanation. Don't expect this from Cruz though: