PDA

View Full Version : Active Shooter in Lafayette Louisiana theater deactivated

mrsat_98
07-23-2015, 07:55 PM
http://www.ktbs.com/story/29621574/reports-shooting-at-lafayette-theater-several-injures

LAFAYETTE, La. (KATC) -
State Police confirm there was an active shooter at a movie theater in Lafayette.

The shooter is "no longer active".

Sources tell ABC-affiliate KATC the shooting happened at The Grand on Johnston.

There are reports at six people are injured. City Marshal Brian Pope is telling local media that the shooter has turned the gun on himself and is dead.

Gov. Bobby has confirmed on Twitter that is in communication with state police to investigate the shooting.

Further information will have to come from Lafayette Police.

We'll update this article as more information becomes available.

Dianne
07-23-2015, 07:57 PM
Here we go again guys.

Police in Lafayette, Louisiana, say they responded Thursday night to a report of a shooting at the Grand 16 Theatre.

The shooting involved "multiple victims," the police department tweeted. Police said they received the call about 7:30 p.m. CT.

Todd Moffatt, manager of a Mellow Mushroom pizza restaurant in the area, said 20 to 30 emergency vehicles had arrived on the scene. The area was locked down, he said.

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal tweeted, "I'm on my way to Lafayette right now. Please say a prayer for the victims at Grand Theatre and their families."

Dianne
07-23-2015, 07:58 PM
Dang, sorry ... I posted a duplicate...

Anyway, here we go again guys. I will guarantee you Obozo will get his gun control through before he leaves office; if he has to false flag every five minutes.

mrsat_98
07-23-2015, 08:04 PM
Dang, sorry ... I posted a duplicate...

Anyway, here we go again guys. I will guarantee you Obozo will get his gun control through before he leaves office; if he has to false flag every five minutes.

I was not going to call it a false flag yet.

euphemia
07-23-2015, 08:05 PM
What a mess.

RonPaulIsGreat
07-23-2015, 08:07 PM
Why so serious?

Dianne
07-23-2015, 08:07 PM

It's just my natural reaction to all these events lately, unfortunately. He wishes to disarm us all, as he allows millions of "who knows what" to flood our country. And they will have guns, big ones; probably courtesy of the Justice Department's "Fast and Furious".

fisharmor
07-23-2015, 08:26 PM
It's just my natural reaction to all these events lately, unfortunately. He wishes to disarm us all, as he allows millions of "who knows what" to flood our country. And they will have guns, big ones; probably courtesy of the Justice Department's "Fast and Furious".

You anti immigration lot are working overtime to turn yourselves into a cartoon.

CPUd
07-23-2015, 08:49 PM

Dianne
07-23-2015, 08:58 PM
You anti immigration lot are working overtime to turn yourselves into a cartoon.

I am not anti immigration but I am against being disarmed as people flood this country (unchecked) from locations that shout "Death to America".

devil21
07-23-2015, 09:21 PM
*yawn*

Zippyjuan
07-23-2015, 09:29 PM
http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/news/local/2015/07/23/shooting-reported-grand-theatre-johnston/30598925/

Three dead (including shooter), seven wounded (another report says nine injured- update: the nine figure includes the dead transported to hospitals).

Multiple witnesses reported the shooter was a white, middle-aged man, Craft said. State police have said the shooter was 58 years old, and was using a handgun.

Jalen Fernell, 20, of Lafayette, was in the Grand Theatre watching “South Paw” with friends when he heard gunshots.

“They were very faint over the movie. I thought it was part of the movie,” Fernell said. “About five seconds later, sirens went off and I realized it wasn’t the movie.”

Someone came on the intercom and told moviegoers to evacuate, Fernell said. Nobody knew what was going on so they took off running, he said.

Outside the theater building police were everywhere
“I saw a woman lying on the ground outside with blood everywhere. She was shot in the leg,” Fernell said.

Everyone started running again, he said.

“We didn’t know what to do. You’re scared to walk through the parking lot, You don’t know if the guy’s in a car, hiding in the parking lot,” Fernell said.

More police pulled up with assault rifles and went into the building, he said.

“I heard gunshots like a war going on,” Fernell said.

When the gunfire stopped, he heard from a police car radio that six people were down in Theater 14, he said.

More police pulled up, charging inside the building and more gunshots were fired. He heard the suspect was down; he had committed suicide, he said.

In the theater where the shooting took place, Emily Mann, 21, was watching “Train Wreck” with a friend in the second row from the top of the theater when she heard popping noises and noticed flashes coming from a gun held by a man in the same row on the other side of the theater, her father, Randall Mann, vice president of marketing and public relations at Acadian Ambulance, said.

Emily wasn’t up to speaking to the media Thursday night, he said.

Mann said Acadian Ambulance transported eight patients to area hospitals. The company responded with 10 ambulances and off-duty personnel who heard about the shooting showed up at the scene to help, he said.

"We heard a loud pop we thought was a firecracker," she said.Katie Domingue of Carencro was at the 7 p.m. showing of "Train Wreck" with her fiance', Joshua Doggett. About 20 minutes into the movie, Domingue said, she heard a loud noise.

She saw "an older white man" standing up and shooting down, not in her direction.

"He wasn't saying anything. I didn't hear anybody screaming either," Domingue said.

They now know but aren't releasing the name of the shooter.

thoughtomator
07-23-2015, 09:33 PM

me neither, nor will I rule it out

Zippyjuan
07-23-2015, 09:44 PM

Like all the other guns he took away after all of the other shootings which occurred while he was in office.

Zippyjuan
07-23-2015, 09:49 PM
Total speculation since we have no facts but wondering if his wife was in the theater with anther man and he followed them there- taking a seat near the back of the theater to keep an eye on them. Then he get angry enough (as if he wasn't angry enough to take a gun and follow them) to stand up and shoot at them- killing them and wounding others nearby.

Peace&Freedom
07-23-2015, 10:04 PM

If the emerging details end up paralleling the general pattern we've seen over the last few months, the obvious (and cynical) upshot is we are experiencing a serial false flag fiesta, designed to keep the population in fear and in a framework that supports more gun control, Orwellian surveillance, etc.

Perhaps the "juice" from the Charleston shooting was drying up insofar as using it to give a push to new gun control policy was concerned, so these other shooters in TN and LA have been triggered to restore the momentum.

devil21
07-23-2015, 10:09 PM
Total speculation since we have no facts but wondering if his wife was in the theater with anther man and he followed them there- taking a seat near the back of the theater to keep an eye on them. Then he get angry enough (as if he wasn't angry enough to take a gun and follow them) to stand up and shoot at them- killing them and wounding others nearby.

Give it a rest.

How nice. The movie was the one featuring Chuck Schumer's relative, Amy. You know, the female comedian that teaches young women it's ok to be drunk whores.

donnay
07-23-2015, 10:30 PM
"Breaking News - Active Shooter in Lafayette Louisiana theater deactivated"

Interesting title and using the word 'deactivated.' Was that the Original News story title or one made up by OP?

ord33
07-24-2015, 12:34 AM
Like all the other guns he took away after all of the other shootings which occurred while he was in office.

Not for a lack of trying. Just today he was saying that his biggest frustration of his Presidency is his inability to enact stricter gun laws. He actually admits the chances of getting something passed through Congress is slim. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-33646704

Weston White
07-24-2015, 01:29 AM
So the building was already surrounded by AR15 welding police as moviegoers were still in the process of egressing and shots were still being fired? And police already had a body count as soon as the shots stopped? Sounds strangely familiar to a training op--morphed into real life and right as James Holmes awaits final sentencing.

"simultaneous bombs going off precisely at the railway stations where it happened this morning, so I still have the hairs on the back of my neck standing upright! ... and so we went through the correct drills of activating crisis management procedures to jump from 'slow time' to 'quick time' thinking and so on." -- Peter Power

Weston White
07-24-2015, 01:32 AM

Well just look at all the new gun laws in California since 2012, as but one example. Oh and: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/07/20/obamas-newest-gun-control-scheme-involves-social-security-benefits/

tod evans
07-24-2015, 07:19 AM
Another 3-name white guy.

Ban white males! :rolleyes:

Meanwhile there are literally dozens killed every day in "depressed" neighborhoods across the country...

Police say 'drifter' killed 2, injured 9 in Lafayette, La. movie theater

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/24/gunman-reportedly-opens-fire-at-la-movie-theater/

Police said a drifter carried out the movie theater attack in Lafayette, La., late Thursday that left two people dead and nine others injured.

Lafayette Police Friday identified the shooter as John Russell Houser, 59.

“He’s kind of a drifter,” Police Chief Jim Craft told a news conference.

Houser was from Alabama but had been staying at a motel in Lafayette, he said.

Police recovered wigs, glasses and disguises in a search of the room. His vehicle "with switched license tags" was parked next to the movie theater, Craft said.

“It is apparent that he was intent on shooting and escaping,” he said.

[snip]

Suzanimal
07-24-2015, 08:23 AM
Lafayette Shooter Had Tea Party Page

The man named in connection with Thursday night’s shooting at a Louisiana movie theater appears to have had a Tea Party Nation page registered in his name. Officials identified the shooter Friday morning as John Russel Houser of Alabama. A Tea Party Nation page was registered by a man with that name in June 2013, and the registrant identified his hometown as Phenix City, Alabama.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2015/07/24/lafayette-shooter-had-tea-party-page.html?via=FB_Page&source=TDB

Acala
07-24-2015, 08:26 AM
Well just look at all the new gun laws in California since 2012, as but one example. Oh and: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/07/20/obamas-newest-gun-control-scheme-involves-social-security-benefits/

Obama and the gun control crew have utterly failed to enact ANY further restrictions on guns at the Federal level. On the State level, only those states that already had restrictive laws and a history of anti-gun activity (like California where RONALD REAGAN started gun control decades ago) have enacted more. And many states increased protection for the rights of gun owners. I'm not saying that we don't need to be vigilant, but the ldea that Obama is effectively disarming us is simply not supported by the facts.

pcosmar
07-24-2015, 09:13 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAX2H0hpOc4

He had plans to escape,, but he killed himself (without a fight).

Story haz an odor.

tod evans
07-24-2015, 09:40 AM
There's a picture of the dude floating around Pete, it fits the narrative for the new scary boogeyman, gray, short hair, clean shaven caucasian dude...

cajuncocoa
07-24-2015, 10:31 AM
Was just informed, my son heard this guy had a "stand with Rand" avatar on a message board he belonged to. Will see if I can confirm that.

**UPDATING:** apparently there's something among his Facebook photos...can be seen on this link:
http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/lafayette-shooter-identified-social-media-presence-revealed

jonhowe
07-24-2015, 10:33 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAX2H0hpOc4

He had plans to escape,, but he killed himself (without a fight).

Story haz an odor.

The articles posted above ("sounded like a war zone", "many shots fired") make it sound like there was a fight. Source for "without a fight"?

EDIT: That's one of my favorite movie lines ever. Arnold is... Arnold.

jonhowe
07-24-2015, 10:37 AM
Was just informed, my son heard this guy had a "stand with Rand" avatar on a message board he belonged to. Will see if I can confirm that.

**UPDATING:** apparently there's something among his Facebook photos...can be seen on this link:
http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/lafayette-shooter-identified-social-media-presence-revealed

"His page likes included "I hate liberals!", which features a cover image that states "I Stand With Rand." The public posts on the page included a conservative article on how liberals "brainwash" people into hating America, and a post where he stated "Death comes soon to the financially failing filth farm called the US.""

Degrees of separation.

brushfire
07-24-2015, 10:48 AM

Why not visit Chicago? Some weekends yield 50+ people shot. In fact, a little over a year ago there was a holiday weekend where 82 people were shot.

What about the families of those shot in Chicago?

cajuncocoa
07-24-2015, 10:49 AM
Why not visit Chicago? Some weekends yield 50+ people shot. In fact, a little over a year ago there was a holiday weekend where 82 people were shot.

What about the families of those shot in Chicago?
Are you serious?

cajuncocoa
07-24-2015, 10:50 AM
"His page likes included "I hate liberals!", which features a cover image that states "I Stand With Rand." The public posts on the page included a conservative article on how liberals "brainwash" people into hating America, and a post where he stated "Death comes soon to the financially failing filth farm called the US.""

Degrees of separation.
I'm not making a connection....just alerting everyone here to be ready: the media will.

brushfire
07-24-2015, 11:44 AM
Are you serious?

About visiting Chicago, or the numbers?

pcosmar
07-24-2015, 11:46 AM
The articles posted above ("sounded like a war zone", "many shots fired") make it sound like there was a fight. Source for "without a fight"?

EDIT: That's one of my favorite movie lines ever. Arnold is... Arnold.

More police pulled up with assault rifles and went into the building, he said.
“I heard gunshots like a war going on,” Fernell said.

When the gunfire stopped, he heard from a police car radio that six people were down in Theater 14, he said.

More police pulled up, charging inside the building and more gunshots were fired. He heard the suspect was down; he had committed suicide, he said.

so,, how many were shot by the police?

AuH20
07-24-2015, 11:48 AM
Well, that is pretty coincidental.

Louisiana shooter was apparently part of Tea Party groups

EDIT: Has just been reported on CNN by his neighbor that he had a Don't Tread On Me flag on his lawn along with Confederate Flag

cajuncocoa
07-24-2015, 11:50 AM
About visiting Chicago, or the numbers?
about visiting Chicago vs. visiting Lafayette....a city in the state where he is Governor? :rolleyes:

jonhowe
07-24-2015, 11:51 AM
so,, how many were shot by the police?

Well, it usually takes just one shot to the head to kill yourself, and it says after the police stormed in "gunshots" were fired, so unless we hear that the suspect shot at police and THEN himself, it's logical to assume the cops fired at LEAST one shot. When's the last time police have held back on firing guns?

tod evans
07-24-2015, 11:53 AM
Well, that is pretty coincidental.

Louisiana shooter was apparently part of Tea Party groups

EDIT: Has just been reported on CNN by his neighbor that he had a Don't Tread On Me flag on his lawn along with Confederate Flag

Earlier "Teh-Newz" said he was a vagrant or some such.......

Did he grow a yard posthumously?

pcosmar
07-24-2015, 11:53 AM
Well, it usually takes just one shot to the head to kill yourself, and it says after the police stormed in "gunshots" were fired, so unless we hear that the suspect shot at police and THEN himself, it's logical to assume the cops fired at LEAST one shot. When's the last time police have held back on firing guns?

No police officers hurt then? (never got shot at in the first place?)

Where did all their bullets go? was anyone hit by them?

AuH20
07-24-2015, 11:55 AM
Earlier "Teh-Newz" said he was a vagrant or some such.......

Did he grow a yard posthumously?

I think this was located at his former home with his ex-wife.

AuH20
07-24-2015, 11:56 AM
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere we go!!!

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/louisiana-gunman-was-a-confederate-flag-flying-tea-party-kook-who-hated-obama-and-admired-hitler/

brushfire
07-24-2015, 11:58 AM
Are you serious?

Alright, on a more serious note:

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/7/71/532869/uber-driver-shoots-man-who-allegdly-shot-group-logan-square-sidewalk

Everyone remembers this plastered all over the news, this past spring - right? Obama was commending the man, and all the politicians rallied over the event...

Well, perhaps not. Its no surprise though. People using firearms for self defense don't serve the agenda of the ruling class, and therefore will get relatively little coverage from the so called free press.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBMVSCUOQKA

Whats interesting is that even with the relatively modest amount of coverage, the uber driver is used as a poster child for gun registration. Not sure how so called registration plays into this... Good guys have to go through government bureaucracy and face potential harassment so they can defend them selves?

AuH20
07-24-2015, 12:00 PM
If this guy was a white supremacist, then why would he kill other whites at a movie theater? [Confused]

jonhowe
07-24-2015, 12:20 PM

I'd like to know as well. Cops are known to be bad shots. NYC a few years ago, near the empire state building, for example.

devil21
07-24-2015, 01:30 PM

You mean the blank rounds like the Jade Helm slideshow inform about?

phill4paul
07-24-2015, 01:33 PM
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere we go!!!

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/louisiana-gunman-was-a-confederate-flag-flying-tea-party-kook-who-hated-obama-and-admired-hitler/

Wow. Reads like a script.

Carlybee
07-24-2015, 01:42 PM
Apparently now white supremacists and Tea Partiers are synonymous.

Occam's Banana
07-24-2015, 01:43 PM
When's the last time police have held back on firing guns? No longer ago than Columbine, at most ...

phill4paul
07-24-2015, 01:51 PM
Apparently now white supremacists and Tea Partiers are synonymous.

And Confederate flags, pro-choice advocates and Rand Paul. Nice neat little package. This one.

LibertyEagle
07-24-2015, 02:17 PM

Why do you do that? It's a leftist thing to conflate legal immigration with foreigners entering our country illegally. So, why are you following suit?

mrsat_98
07-24-2015, 02:57 PM
"Breaking News - Active Shooter in Lafayette Louisiana theater deactivated"

Interesting title and using the word 'deactivated.' Was that the Original News story title or one made up by OP?

He was living proof Diane Fienstein was right.

rg17
07-24-2015, 03:02 PM
This shooting smells fishy.

donnay
07-24-2015, 03:55 PM
He was living proof Diane Fienstein was right.

Huh? Did Dianne Feinstein deactivate him?

mrsat_98
07-24-2015, 04:00 PM
Huh? Did Dianne Feinstein deactivate him?

When he figured out no one else was armed he shot himself and set the gun down, almost exactly like DF said.

Noob
07-24-2015, 04:08 PM
TSA coming to a theater near you!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mikehayes/louisiana-lawmakers-says-shell-push-for-metal-detectors-at-m?utm_term=.qcZl7BRxYx#.jw7Ke8lY8

mrsat_98
07-24-2015, 04:19 PM

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mikehayes/louisiana-lawmakers-says-shell-push-for-metal-detectors-at-m?utm_term=.qcZl7BRxYx#.jw7Ke8lY8

Well hello Debbie Downer, thanks for the heads up.

Scrapmo
07-24-2015, 04:33 PM
I work in a hospital in the area. The victims are very real.

Slave Mentality
07-24-2015, 04:40 PM
And the slaves will feel so safe. Figured they'd start with the malls though.

devil21
07-24-2015, 05:51 PM

The pundits and govt types have been telling us for years that they want to turn the US into a copy of Israel's security apparatus. Internal concentration camps, metal detectors and body scanners everywhere, armed military on every corner, etc.

I work in a hospital in the area. The victims are very real.

You saw them with your eyes?

Spikender
07-24-2015, 06:06 PM
It's hilarious how humans are, where one crazy person (whether just crazy or state-sponsored crazy) can speak for whole groups of people.

A shooter who lit up some people at a theater also happened to support Rand Paul or the Tea Party?

Must mean all Tea Partiers and Rand Paul supports are loony shooters waiting to happen. It doesn't take a genius to see the agenda. "Oh by the way, this guy who shot up a theater also had a Confederate Flag/Tea Party sign at his house. Now we're not saying anything, just something y'all should know".

Fucking snakes.

Zippyjuan
07-24-2015, 06:20 PM
Now that the chaos is over, the facts are getting better straightened out. Update: http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/24/us/louisiana-theater-shooting/

(CNN)James Russell "Rusty" Houser methodically shot 11 people in a Lafayette, Louisiana, movie theater on Thursday night using a handgun he legally purchased from an Alabama pawn shop, authorities said Friday.

Houser stood up in the theater where the comedy "Trainwreck" was showing and fired off one 10-round clip, Lafayette Police Chief Jim Craig said at a press conference.

"This was slow and methodical," Gov. Bobby Jindal said. "This was not a single burst."

Houser left the theater through a side door and headed toward his car, a 1995 Lincoln, but saw a police cruiser arrive in the parking lot, Craig said.

Houser, 59, reloaded his handgun, re-entered the theater and fired three more rounds, Craig said.

Then Houser, a law school graduate with a history of mental problems, fatally shot himself in the head, Craig said.

"Out of 20 rounds he shot 11 people, but some people suffered multiple wounds," Craig said. "One person was shot four times."

Two women in the theater were killed and nine were injured. Craig said four of the wounded have been released from hospitals. Of the five still hospitalized, four are in stable condition and one is critical, he said.

The gun Houser used, a Highpoint .40 caliber semiautomatic pistol, was legally purchased in February 2014 from a pawn shop in Phenix City, Alabama, Craig said, citing the the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Police don't know why Houser opened fire in the theater or why he came to Lafayette, about 500 miles from his stomping grounds in Georgia and Alabama.

Besides an uncle who died about 35 years ago, Houser, 59, didn't have any known connection to the city of 120,000.

He arrived on July 2 or 3 and had been staying in a motel, Craig said. He had just borrowed $5,000 from his mother, said Louisiana State Police Col. Michael Edmonson, but "he needed money."

Craig said authorities think Houser even went to a church in Lake Charles and obtained food and money. He'd been talking to some locals about opening an oil-change business, the chief said.

But he never said or did anything that presaged the outbreak of violence.

Craig said police are researching Houser's movements and reading his journals and his online political blogs, in which he railed against government. There's no indication he had an accomplice, Edmonson said.

At the press conference in the theater parking lot, Jindal, a presidential candidate, was asked what he would do to stem gun violence. He declined to talk about that, saying, "It hasn't been 24 hours. Let's focus on these families."

Acted like any other patron, then randomly opened fire
Houser had a history of legal and mental problems. In 2008, his then-wife took out a restraining order against him, saying she was "fearful of him," police said.

The one-time political candidate from Columbus, Georgia, spent time that year and the next getting treated for mental health issues. Last year, he was evicted from a house he used to own in Phenix City, Alabama, and returned to vandalize the property, the sheriff there said.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/150724104321-john-russel-houser-linkedin-medium-plus-169.jpg
John Houser

On Thursday, he bought a ticket for the 7:10 p.m. (8:10 p.m. ET) showing of "Trainwreck," a romantic comedy. About 25 people were in the screening room and about 300 total in the multiscreen movie complex.

Houser settled into the theater's second-to-last row, which was where Randall Mann's 21-year-old daughter was sitting.

Mann's daughter heard the first pops about 20 minutes in, thinking they could have been firecrackers or part of the movie. But she "knew something was happening" when she saw muzzle flashes, Mann said. She hit the floor and then ran for her life, joining a panicked but controlled, helpful crowd.

Another man in the theater told Keifer Sanders, who was watching another movie, that "there was no argument, nothing going on at all. And a guy just stood up and started opening fire."

"The guy was just kind of at ease, just standing there, just shooting," Sanders said.

More at link.

fr33
07-24-2015, 07:13 PM
At the press conference in the theater parking lot, Jindal, a presidential candidate, was asked what he would do to stem gun violence. He declined to talk about that, saying, "It hasn't been 24 hours. Let's focus on these families."I have a solution. Arm youselves when you enter a "gun free zone". That sign on the door of the theater didn't stop this asshole so it shouldn't stop you from conceal carrying to defend yourself.

These theaters that disarm their law abiding customers deserve to be sued when those customers get murdered like this.

Scrapmo
07-24-2015, 08:02 PM
You saw them with your eyes?

Yes.

Weston White
07-24-2015, 10:31 PM
Wow. Reads like a script.

Exactly, in fact, in fiction that is what we call an orgy of evidence (the irony of it all):

A common tactic for fictional criminals (especially murderers) is to plant false clues at the scene of their crime: either to deliberately frame someone else or merely to throw suspicion away from themselves. Sometimes, however, they take things too far and the sheer amount of clues they plant has the opposite effect. No detective will believe that any criminal could be so careless as to leave that much incriminating evidence behind.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OrgyOfEvidence

AuH20
07-25-2015, 10:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB7PsXb3gW8

AuH20
07-25-2015, 11:25 AM
A thread authored by Rusty Houser in 2013.

http://www.politicalforum.com/political-opinions-beliefs/295823-how-do-i-cope-us-govt-its-immorality-stupidity.html