PDA

View Full Version : Army to recruiters: Treat armed citizens as security threat

phill4paul
07-23-2015, 02:59 PM
The Army has warned its recruiters to treat the gun-toting civilians gathering at centers across the country in the wake of the Chattanooga, Tenn., shooting as a security threat.

Soldiers should avoid anyone standing outside the recruiting centers attempting to offer protection and report them to local law enforcement and the command if they feel threatened, according to a U.S. Army Recruiting Command policy letter issued Monday.

“I’m sure the citizens mean well, but we cannot assume this in every case and we do not want to advocate this behavior,” according to the Army Command Operations Center-Security Division letter, which was authenticated by the service.

Recruiters were ordered not to interact or acknowledge the armed civilians, who have been greeted by a mix of concern, indifference and gratitude by the public.

“If questioned by these alleged concerned citizens, be polite, professional and terminate the conversation immediately and report the incident to local law enforcement …,” the command advised.

As the incidents crop up around the country, police could be asked to confront the civilians with guns on the Army’s behalf.

“Ensure your recruiters clearly articulate to local police the civilian may be armed and in possession of a conceal/carry permit,” it told the centers.

http://www.stripes.com/news/us/army-to-recruiters-treat-armed-citizens-as-security-threat-1.359134

tod evans
07-23-2015, 03:17 PM
One can only hope the military personnel have enough sense to ignore this advice.

Origanalist
07-23-2015, 03:27 PM
It seems they don't want our help, I wonder why?

fisharmor
07-23-2015, 03:33 PM
Are all those brave army guys going to take a bunch of cops with them when they get shipped out to Syria? If they're running to get an adult whenever there is trouble here, they're going to need adults to go to war with them...

phill4paul
07-23-2015, 03:40 PM
Are all those brave army guys going to take a bunch of cops with them when they get shipped out to Syria? If they're running to get an adult dolt whenever there is trouble here, they're going to need adults dolts to go to war with them...

FTFY

Ronin Truth
07-23-2015, 03:46 PM
Especially if they are government used, abused, and then simply thrown away US veterans. :( :mad:

Brian4Liberty
07-23-2015, 03:49 PM
It's just an issue of smart profiling. :rolleyes: The biggest supporters of the military are the people that they want to watch closely, and report to the Police. Meanwhile, let's import another 1,000,000 people into the US from war-torn, jihadist infested areas of the world.

Dianne
07-23-2015, 07:11 PM
http://www.stripes.com/news/us/army-to-recruiters-treat-armed-citizens-as-security-threat-1.359134

Treat armed citizens, protecting their facility as armed threats. What is the recommended solution, if you see an armed man or woman patroling the outside of your recruiting station, start crying and run out the back door? How do they wish "UNARMED, ARMED FORCES" to address an armed person guarding their post? I would love to see the procedure manual on this scenario. Throw rocks at them? Politely ask them to leave?

donnay
07-23-2015, 07:23 PM
It seems they don't want our help, I wonder why?

Because they hate us for our freedom.

euphemia
07-23-2015, 07:42 PM
What's the point of having a well-regulated militia if they don't have the power to defend themselves from terrorists?

Ronin Truth
07-23-2015, 07:59 PM
Treat armed citizens, protecting their facility as armed threats. What is the recommended solution, if you see an armed man or woman patroling the outside of your recruiting station, start crying and run out the back door? How do they wish "UNARMED, ARMED FORCES" to address an armed person guarding their post? I would love to see the procedure manual on this scenario. Throw rocks at them? Politely ask them to leave?

I'd suggest walk away briskly and have a cup of coffee at a nearby cafe, until things quiet down.

asurfaholic
07-24-2015, 05:02 AM
That's ok, I have no intention of taking a gun to the local war man power staffing center for any reason.

But this stinks a lot because of obamas massive overhaul of the top of the chain of command. One of his yes men decided they needed to say this I'm sure.