PDA

View Full Version : Earth to Campaign..come in Campaign..

Shellshock1918
12-05-2007, 05:37 PM
Ok with all the money they have raised, why aren't we seeing NEW commercials? They need to make some new commercials and spend that money. What do you yall think?

kylejack
12-05-2007, 05:38 PM
I like the grassroots ones better.

dmspilot00
Ok with all the money they have raised, why aren't we seeing NEW commercials? They need to make some new commercials and spend that money. What do you yall think?

Agreed.

me3
They are spending the money. Watch the video in my signature.

jrich4rpaul
12-05-2007, 05:39 PM
It's pretty safe to say that for the most part we are the campaign. It looks like slim jims and sign waving will have to replace official ads.

sirachman
12-05-2007, 05:39 PM
they are saving it for a 10 blimp airforce.

jokes aside i hope they know what they are doing, whatever it is they are doing.

Lord Xar
12-05-2007, 05:41 PM
There are "other" ads, but for some reason - they insist on running the same ones over and over and over.

Infact, I *think* they are still running that first ad, the one that got all those great reviews - in NH.

I hope egos aren't involved.. that would be terrible.

Karsten
12-05-2007, 05:41 PM
I generally don't like all the campaign-bashing, but I agree with you on this one. With the 10+ raised this quarter and the 5+ raised last quarter, they should be absolutely BOMBARDING the early states with TV ads! So far, they have only spent 1.1 million on TV ads in one state. What the heck is going on?!?!????

rollingpig
12-05-2007, 05:42 PM
let them do their job and we just focus on our part~!

sirachman
12-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Just wait for the blimp unveiling. Then the aerial literature drop will commence...

Hide your children!

Karsten
12-05-2007, 05:43 PM

But we both have the same goal.

Frankie Lee
12-05-2007, 05:44 PM
The campaign has fallen asleep it seeems like. Oh well, we are the campaign.

Hope
12-05-2007, 05:45 PM

+1

We need to be writing letters, going to Iowa for Christmas, waving signs, going door to door. These kinds of posts are completely unproductive.

Karsten
12-05-2007, 05:46 PM
The campaign has fallen asleep it seeems like. Oh well, we are the campaign.

TV and radio ads are the best way to raise poll numbers.

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-05-2007, 05:46 PM
nt

Sematary
12-05-2007, 05:47 PM
I generally don't like all the campaign-bashing, but I agree with you on this one. With the 10+ raised this quarter and the 5+ raised last quarter, they should be absolutely BOMBARDING the early states with TV ads! So far, they have only spent 1.1 million on TV ads in one state. What the heck is going on?!?!????

I believe they are running tv ads in NH, IA and SC and possibly NV as well

Karsten
12-05-2007, 05:48 PM
We can't keep saying "we are the campaign". You can only pass out so many slim jims. TV and radio are the way to reach people.

Gadsdenfly
12-05-2007, 06:03 PM
I too have been a bit frustrated by the level of profesionalism from the official campaign. They now have profesional level money they should be running high quality advertising. I have yet to see an ad that is not amateurish.

I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt however. I would like to see some concrete results from all the money we are sending them though. When you see other campaign's highly polsihed advertising with far less money (huck) it makes one wonder.

Hope
12-05-2007, 06:07 PM
We can't keep saying "we are the campaign". You can only pass out so many slim jims. TV and radio are the way to reach people.

Oh really? I'd bet money that waving signs in traffic and going door-to-door is ten times more effective in garnering more support than a thirty second ad on television.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
12-05-2007, 06:08 PM
Ya I dont pretend to be a political advisor. We should let them do their job. Maybe there are commercials in production. Who knows... I dont even care. Perot had tons of commercials, we need more than that.... We need activists everywhere.

tsetsefly
12-05-2007, 06:09 PM
Here is Pat's suggestion for RP campaign strategy.

http://buchanan.org/blog/?p=829

I have never been a political strategist so I don't have an opinion other than I found the article interesting.

interesting read, you should email to HQ, it wouldnt hurt to get this input, ill make a post just for this article.

Gadsdenfly
12-05-2007, 06:15 PM
For those that say "who cares" then why send money? Why raise money? This level of money is needed for advertising. If all we had to do was get people out waving signs we would not need huge amounts of money. So yes I do care because I have sent a lot of money!

Karsten
12-05-2007, 06:23 PM
I too have been a bit frustrated by the level of profesionalism from the official campaign. They now have profesional level money they should be running high quality advertising. I have yet to see an ad that is not amateurish.

I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt however. I would like to see some concrete results from all the money we are sending them though. When you see other campaign's highly polsihed advertising with far less money (huck) it makes one wonder.

I'm complaining about the quantity, not quality of advertising. I actually thought the ads were good, but there needs to be (much) more of them!

asmartchimp
12-05-2007, 06:23 PM
They're making new radio ads. I just heard a new one today that absolutely rails NAFTA and the NAU.

Karsten
12-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Oh really? I'd bet money that waving signs in traffic and going door-to-door is ten times more effective in garnering more support than a thirty second ad on television.

Oh really? We never broke 4% before he started running ads this fall, and I have been waving signs since May.

Lord Xar
12-05-2007, 06:24 PM
If Tancredo can put money into good commercials with a FRACTION of the money we have, then something is wrong with our management. Check out his last two commercials.. say what you will, they are EFFECTIVE!

Now, once Tancredo goes under - I suggest HIS PR and PROMOTIONAL sources work for Paul, and they kick out the ones that are currently working with the campaign.

If you package bland and boring, that is what the viewers will feel.

If you package excitement and strong message, that is what the viewers will feel.

fortilite
12-05-2007, 06:26 PM
It seems like they are waiting to see how much we raise in Dec 16th before they make major spending decisions.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
12-05-2007, 06:27 PM
For those that say "who cares" then why send money? Why raise money? This level of money is needed for advertising. If all we had to do was get people out waving signs we would not need huge amounts of money. So yes I do care because I have sent a lot of money!

To be honest I give them money to show my support to them so they don't quit. I let them spend the money on anything they want. Lawyers, political strategists, ads, food, whatever... well within reason

Karsten
12-05-2007, 06:29 PM
If Tancredo can put money into good commercials with a FRACTION of the money we have, then something is wrong with our management. Check out his last two commercials.. say what you will, they are EFFECTIVE!

Now, once Tancredo goes under - I suggest HIS PR and PROMOTIONAL sources work for Paul, and they kick out the ones that are currently working with the campaign.

If you package bland and boring, that is what the viewers will feel.

If you package excitement and strong message, that is what the viewers will feel.

I felt the same sentiment around the Iowa Straw Poll. Ron Paul was way too stingy, and spent far less time and money than candidates who have even less money than him. It was like he didn't think that poll was important, and yet it was the only straw poll that the mainstream media was going to pay attention to, and I knew that before it even took place due to all the buildup. It propelled Huckabee into the mainstream. Again, I am not complaining about the quality of the ads, I actually defended them (even the 1st one). Yet, they are still being far too stingy in their spending. One month left. It's now or never.

Karsten
12-05-2007, 06:29 PM
It seems like they are waiting to see how much we raise in Dec 16th before they make major spending decisions.

But they said themselves that December 16th is too late.

akalucas
12-05-2007, 06:30 PM
If you listen to the Ron Paul Iowa chairman starting from the 5 minute mark to about the 8 minute mark down below he says the campaign is going to have more radio ads, newspaper ads..etc. He also says the campaigns plan is to peak during the 9 days after Christmas heading into the Iowa primary and that they dont want to peak to early like Huckabee and Romney. It might be he has scheduled a lot of interviews in the later half of Dec to get this effect of peaking closer to the primaries. Hopefully all works out as planned but at least they seem to have a well laid out plan from this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wo7G6j6bi4

rich34
12-05-2007, 06:32 PM
I think I read once that the majority of people don't make up their minds until the last two weeks before the election. Maybe they're holding off because they know that Ron's poll numbers will rise, but they want to avoid getting hit with negative campaigning. I know this is a risky strategy, but think about it. If Paul was at say 15% in the polls he'd start getting hit with some negative ads. Maybe they know this and they're trying their best to avoid it. Also look at Romney. He's peaked way to early and hopefully the same holds true for Huckabee. If the campaign can save their money and then start blasting Iowa and New Hampshire the last two weeks leading up to the primary it just might work. But then again maybe this is all a pipe dream?

jblosser
12-05-2007, 06:35 PM
The family all went home for Thanksgiving to film TV ads together so they are at least being filmed...

Shellshock1918
12-05-2007, 06:54 PM
Well i just hope they make more ads, both radio and TV. Its time they use the 50% of Iowa Republicans that are against the war to their advantage.

me3
12-05-2007, 06:57 PM
It's too early for the bombardment. Wait for it.

Watch the video in my signature for inspiration and information.

And keep smiling and working. :D

jashepard
12-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Earlier this week I recieved an automated message from the Ron Paul campaign, talking about his record and what he stands for, hopefully it went out to everyone in my area here in Florida.

BizmanUSA
12-05-2007, 07:01 PM
On a slight different note, has anyone noticed NO ONE has been updating the RP Campaign website (except the live money counter)?

On the front page the DAILY UPDATES section hasn't been updated since November 29th!

We passed Rudy's 3Q tally over about a week ago!

We send people to this site and they see what appears to be an unattended website.

Not to bust anyone's stones BUT many would like to know what is going on.

If the Nat'l HQ needs help with web support, I know that there are many web designers in the grassroots that would love to help!

Just reach out and touch!

BizmanUSA

MauserboyM48
12-05-2007, 07:02 PM
Well i just hope they make more ads, both radio and TV. Its time they use the 50% of Iowa Republicans that are against the war to their advantage.
...Not nearly that percentage of Iowa Republicans are against the war.

skilt
12-05-2007, 07:08 PM

There are according to a poll last week - clearly stated that 52 percent of Iowa republicans want the war to end now, not 1 year, not 4 years but now. I forget the source, but it was like abc or cnn poll. So we garner half those people plus some independents and it's going to get Ka ray zeeeeeee

sk

ItsTime
12-05-2007, 07:12 PM
I have not seen the 1st one in a long time. I have seen the others a lot and at prime time on network tv.

There are "other" ads, but for some reason - they insist on running the same ones over and over and over.

Infact, I *think* they are still running that first ad, the one that got all those great reviews - in NH.

ItsTime
12-05-2007, 07:13 PM
According to the latest polls that have Huckabee on top Bush approval rating in those polls are 72% in Iowa and 55% in New Hampshire.

Paulitician
12-05-2007, 07:18 PM
They're making new radio ads. I just heard a new one today that absolutely rails NAFTA and the NAU.
Meh. I think they should be doing better things with their ads.

Ron Paul Fan
12-05-2007, 07:20 PM
I heard a new radio ad yesterday about NAFTA, NAU, American sovereignty here in Iowa. Ivers said there are more ads in the works so I'm guessing we can believe him. I used to see tv ads for him all the time, but now I never do. Their strategy may be to throw everything but the kitchen sink at the last few weeks. It's an exponential curve and they want to peak at the right time! I trust that the campaign knows a little more about this than we do!

Geronimo
12-05-2007, 07:36 PM

I haven't seen the first ad on TV all that much. I see the second and third more. I saw a fourth one that was really good, but I've only seen it once and that was two or three weeks ago.

They really oughta select a viewer made ad and run it.

Triton
12-05-2007, 07:37 PM
Ok with all the money they have raised, why aren't we seeing NEW commercials? They need to make some new commercials and spend that money. What do you yall think?With all the $$ we've raised, why not some infomercials?

austin356
12-05-2007, 07:45 PM
The people running the campaign are not fit to run a good dog catcher election. What do you expect? An actual successful media strategy? Ha; When a group of people on two separate instances loses two pallet sized orders of yardsigns you know you have a problem.

MauserboyM48
12-05-2007, 07:47 PM
According to the latest polls that have Huckabee on top Bush approval rating in those polls are 72% in Iowa and 55% in New Hampshire.

...WOW ! Have you got a link ? I'd like to see the poll and, especially, the questions asked. I'm not too enthralled about approval ratings, as anything, compared to nothing, doesn't mean too much. Shallow questions begat shallow answers.

austin356
12-05-2007, 07:48 PM
I trust that the campaign knows a little more about this than we do!

I think not.

I dont want to talk smack and I am not going to name names but there is a important person on vacation right now. ugh ugh ugh

Jimmy
12-05-2007, 07:50 PM
I hope they know waht there doing. I'm suprised we haven't heard feedback of TV ads mega bombing the earily states.

iskimtsnow
12-05-2007, 07:50 PM
I have not seen a RP add in a few weeks. But John and Tom and Rudy are running one every five minutes. How does this happen? Tom doesn't have 2 nickeles to rub together, but his commercials look great. John's commercials are real anti establishment, and I must admit they are pretty good.

Eric21ND
12-05-2007, 07:59 PM
When this is all said and done you'll look back and realize we really blew it with our tv ads.

We have the best candidate by FAR and we continue to pump mediocre advertisements.

Hell there are 20 youtube videos RIGHT NOW that are better and more inspiring than anything the campaign has put out. pathetic! There's no excuse for this, there's no prize for second place her people.

Bottom line there needs to be more ads and they need to be way better quality. We have 1 fricking month to go!!!

noztnac
12-05-2007, 08:04 PM
If all I knew about Ron Paul was from that first TV ad I would not vote for him.
It is terrible.

blakjak
12-05-2007, 08:17 PM
The campaign has 80 people. The grassroots has 70,000+ (meetup members).

Ask yourself. Which group do you think can accomplish more?

robert4rp08
12-05-2007, 08:33 PM
They are spending the money. Watch the video in my signature.

nice video, but he described an exponential curve, not a logarithmic curve. hehe

JS4Pat
12-05-2007, 08:39 PM
Don't encourage them to make more commercials!!!

We'll end up with "He's Catching On" - The Sequel...

Shellshock1918
12-05-2007, 09:13 PM

This guy's a troll.

He stole my forum name on another forum. Its a neo-con in disguise.

MauserboyM48
12-05-2007, 09:55 PM
This guy's a troll.

He stole my forum name on another forum. Its a neo-con in disguise.

...That's a lie. And you know it. :cool:

Shellshock1918
12-05-2007, 10:00 PM
...That's a lie. And you know it. :cool:

[Admin - remove personal attack ]

kevinblack
12-05-2007, 10:07 PM
Take a look at this:
http://www.operationnh.com/

I am speechless!

DealzOnWheelz
12-05-2007, 10:25 PM
Every guy here understands what I am about to say

we have all had that one time where it was just too good(foreplay) and by the time we got to doing the dirty we misfired and blew it to quick.

Kinda like using Nos in a race too early

they are holding the money to really let loose with the campaign of the century

It's like Mega-man when you press and hold the button he charges up and shoots a super bullet

Gadsdenfly
12-05-2007, 10:53 PM
After expressing some frustration I have decided that yes my first inclination to give the Ron Paul Campaign some patience is the right way of looking at it at this stage. I am confident they will use campaign contributions with the utmost care and will in the end make very effective use of the the competitive level of funds they now have.

It is very exciting to see a liberty movement that many have dreamed of for years being ushered in by a great and humble man who has served this cause for so long. I am simply very pumped about the very real impact this level of campaign will have!

MauserboyM48
12-05-2007, 10:55 PM
You're Dave .D from the gunboards forum. I can tell because your dumbass can't stop using the periods in front of your first sentence.

...No, I'm MauserboyM48 from this forum and watch your language, Shellshock. :eek:
.....You post the most egregious drivel on Gunboards, then say the opposite over here. Can't you be loyal to R. Paul ALL the time ? :confused:

Shellshock1918
12-05-2007, 11:13 PM
...No, I'm MauserboyM48 from this forum and watch your language, Shellshock. :eek:
.....You post the most egregious drivel on Gunboards, then say the opposite over here. Can't you be loyal to R. Paul ALL the time ? :confused:

Some one please ban this guy. He's a neo-con shill and a troll.

Benaiah
12-05-2007, 11:14 PM
I just don't see how the grassroots can buy 700 commercials in Iowa, but the campaign hasn't done any yet?
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=48024

amonasro
12-05-2007, 11:27 PM
My only guess is that the campaign needs to save some of the money to compete with the front runners next year. You know they're not going down without a fight after RP wins a few primaries, Romney still has millions at his feet and Huckabee will raise more, no doubt.

The campaign knows what they're doing.

libertythor
12-05-2007, 11:32 PM
A lot has been spent on campaign offices and direct mail. Radio ads are a factor too.