PDA

View Full Version : What's up with your local tea party plans?

rancher89
12-05-2007, 05:19 PM
I'd like to know what other people are planning to do, locally, for the tea party. Any rallies, demonstrations or serving tea?

This would be a good thread to post what you are doing on the 15/16th, besides donating boatloads (pun intended :D) of money!

Some of us will not be able to go to Boston.:(

austin4paul
12-05-2007, 05:27 PM
Austin, TX - We're planning a rally at the steps of the State Capitol building (the Goddess of Liberty!). We'll be listening to some of the great Ron Paul songs that people have written while people gather for a little LiberTEA. Then some of the members will be giving brief historic speeches from our founding fathers. After that, we're hitting the streets for a march down Congress Avenue (the Capitol dome will be in the background, making for a great visual for the evening news!) as we carry crates labelled with all of the BS in govt. that we want to get rid of, like "The Patriot Act", "National ID Card", "Global Empire", "Inflation Tax", etc. We're gonna march thru the streets to Lady Bird Lake where we'll have a boat waiting, load the crates onto the boat, and then some of the meet-up people dressed like indians will go out in canoes, sneak aboard the boat and toss the crates into the sea to the cheers of the assembled crowds. Got the idea from the Santa Monica meet-up group, who I understand is doing something similar. Afterwards, people can gather at local bars...there are sure enough of those in this town, LOL.

So -- if you can't make it to Boston, then Come to Austin! Here's a website with more information:

http://www.freewebs.com/austinteaparty

rancher89
12-05-2007, 05:55 PM
Austin4paul, that is so cool! (used to live there a million yrs ago)

Top-Secret
12-05-2007, 11:51 PM
We're having a march through Downtown & a Tea Party in front of the IRS building in Las Vegas. Marketing to commence soon...keep an eye out!

Edward
12-06-2007, 01:19 AM
If you have a link, post it in this thread and I'll try to update what is currently a very short list: Will there be a TEA PARTY in your town?! (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=36753)