PDA

View Full Version : Romney opposed subsidies, before supporting them

Bradley in DC
06-28-2007, 02:48 PM
http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/articles/2007/06/28/news/latest_news/67b87ec09fe8bc31862573080012ed6a.txt

Old tape shows Romney opposing subsidies
1:00 AM
By Todd Dorman, Journal Des Moines Bureau
No comments posted. | Share | Small | Large

DES MOINES -- A nearly 13-year-old video of a younger, impassioned Mitt Romney calling for reductions in federal farm subsidizes is now dogging his presidential campaign in Iowa.

The video, and a series of 1994 news accounts of Romney calling for the "virtual elimination" of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, made their way into Republicans' e-mail in-boxes across Iowa this week. The former Massachusetts governor has been riding high in recent Iowa polls and is considered the GOP front-runner in the state.

A 52-second video posted on the Web site YouTube shows Romney during an October 1994 U.S. Senate debate against Sen. Ted Kennedy. The footage shows Romney citing several ways he would seek to cut the federal budget, including slicing congressional pensions and eliminating 250,000 federal jobs through attrition. . .

foofighter20x
06-28-2007, 02:58 PM
This is precisely what we need to be airing in Iowa...

A la The Daily Show's Bush vs. Bush:

Romney Then: I support X.
Romney Now: I oppose X.
Romney Then: I oppose Y.
Romney Now: I support Y.

I know Dr Paul doesn't like personal attacks, but in a commercial like this, he isn't attacking them... They are attacking themselves.

We need to get the campaign on this bus.