PDA

View Full Version : Any TX RP Supporters going to Romney Speech?

rjl
12-05-2007, 05:12 PM
I'm checking to see if any TX RP folks are planning on heading to College Station tomorrow morning for the Romney speech. I know the media will be there in force and I think it'd be great if we could get a nice crowd, and maybe co-opt some of Mitt's free press.

kylejack
12-05-2007, 05:13 PM
I work until 5. Speech is in the morning, aye?

wealeat
12-05-2007, 05:25 PM
I might be able to go, the College Station Meetup has an event planned, but there are only 9 signed up so far.

kylejack
12-05-2007, 05:25 PM
Houston Meetup has a group going.

wealeat
12-05-2007, 05:41 PM
That is great.

0zzy
12-05-2007, 05:44 PM
Let this not be rude, I'm tired of the Paul supporters harassing the other candidates.

kylejack
12-05-2007, 05:48 PM
Let this not be rude, I'm tired of the Paul supporters harassing the other candidates.

I don't want them to yell and be annoying, but its quite impressive that we always show up for the appearances of other candidates. Some of us just need to learn some manners, but being there is great.

Dustancostine
12-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Our college station group is pretty civil. They should do a good job at being professional.

mathamagician
12-05-2007, 05:55 PM
I'm going to be actually inside at the speech. I don't want to be disruptive because I don't want to further damage our reputation and I actually want to listen to what Romney says but I will probably wear a Ron Paul button or something. I think about how I would want someone to act if I was giving a speech, I wouldn't mind if someone supported another candidate as long as they were respectful. However I'm worried that if they see the button before I go in then they won't let me in so I'm going to try to keep it on the down low and put it on once I'm inside.

kylejack
12-05-2007, 05:55 PM
I'm going to be actually inside at the speech. I don't want to be disruptive because I actually want to listen to what Romney says but I will probably wear a Ron Paul button or something. I'm worried that if they see it before I go in then they won't let me in so I'm going to try to keep it on the down low.

You don't have any idea how to score an invite, do you? Definitely wear a sweater over your shirt and take it off inside.

fortilite
12-05-2007, 05:57 PM
Wish I could, but I will stop by the First Thursdays event in Austin.

ZenX
12-05-2007, 06:08 PM
I've asked for the morning off, so we'll see what the boss says. I do work for the university, and am unsure of the policies regarding political support. When I taught for SHSU, it was bane. This is my free time, though. :)