PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Planned Parenthood Video: Senior Executive Haggles Over Baby Parts Prices, Changes methods

William Tell
07-21-2015, 07:22 AM
New Video Shows Another Planned Parenthood Doctor Haggling Price of Baby Body Partshttp://media.breitbart.com/media/2015/07/i-stand-with-planned-parenthood-Reuters-640x480.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=74&v=MjCs_gvImyw

In the second video released today by the Center for Medical Progress, yet another senior medical adviser to Planned Parenthood of America appears to negotiate the price of selling baby body parts to actors playing entrepreneurs from a start-up biotech firm.
Dr. Mary Gatter, President of Planned Parenthood’s Medical Director’s Council, is asked, “What would you expect for intact tissue?”

Gatter starts to haggle immediately, “Why don’t you start by telling me what you’re used to paying?”

When pushed for a number, Gatter says, “Well, you know in negotiations the person who throws out the figure first is at a loss, right? So…”

When pushed again for how much her Planned Parenthood affiliate is willing to sell baby body parts for, she responds, “Okay, $75.”

When the buyer tells her that number seems low Gatter responds, “I was going to say $50.”

Then the buy offers her $100 to which Gatter quickly responds, “Okay.”

After the first video was released last week in which Dr. Deborah Nucatola also appears to negotiate the price of fetal body parts, Planned Parenthood insisted that the price Nucatola mentioned was only related to the costs incurred by Planned Parenthood with no profit involved. In the Nucatola video, however, she is seen and heard explaining that the Planned Parenthood affiliates in the body parts business wanted to do more than “break even.”

In this second video, shot in February at a restaurant in Pasadena, Gatter seems willing to accept a higher and higher price.

What’s more, in the beginning of the video, she talks about an earlier situation where a company called Novogenix used to come to her abortion clinic to buy specimens: “Heather, a Novogenix person would come to the site and our staff would sign the patients up and get consent. And then Heather would look at the tissue and take what she required. So logistically it was very easy for us. We didn’t have to do anything.” (emphasis added)

This statement would seem to contradict the need of a higher and higher price for doing nothing except letting a technician from another company come into the facility and take specimens. While she seems willing to accept higher prices, Gatter does claim Planned Parenthood is “not in it for the money” and they do not want to appear to be selling body parts.

At the end of the video, like Nucatola, Gatter talks about changing the abortion technique to get intact specimens, changing from a rather violent suction method that would destroy tissue to what she calls an IPAS, which is a reference to a nonprofit company that makes and distributes “manual vacuum aspirators” which would be a less harmful way to get at the internal organs. She said there would be protocol issues with the patient but that she saw no problem with it. She calls it a “less crunchy” way to get intact organs.

At the end of the tape provided by CMP, Gatter jokes about wanting “a Lamborghini” for body parts.

This new video will no doubt stoke the fires that are now burning in Congress and in states around the country in response to the first undercover Planned Parenthood video. Already two committees in the House and Senate have called for investigations of the abortion giant, along with five state governments.

The sale or purchase of human fetal tissue is a felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison or a fine of up to $500,000 (42 U.S.C. 289g-2).

CMP’s Project Lead David Daleiden said, “Planned Parenthood’s top leadership had admitted they harvest aborted baby parts and receive payments for this. Planned Parenthood’s only denial is that they make money off of baby parts, but that is a desperate lie that becomes more and more untenable as CMP reveals their business operations and statements that prove otherwise.” http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/07/21/new-video-shows-another-planned-parenthood-doctor-haggling-price-of-baby-body-parts/

tod evans
07-21-2015, 07:25 AM
These folks are smart!

Let PP play out their media stunts and hit 'em again......:D

DevilsAdvocate
07-21-2015, 07:35 AM
Do any of these people at Planned Parenthood have kids?

William Tell
07-21-2015, 07:48 AM

They may have, and then sold their parts.

RJB
07-21-2015, 07:48 AM

I cringe when I hear, "I am pro-choice for my daughter."

My wife was pro-choice and I waffled back and forth. When my first daughter was conceived, at a very inconvenient time, we both instantly became pro-life. I could almost hear my daughter calling to me.

juleswin
07-21-2015, 08:01 AM
I really find it hard to believe if these people were selling human tissue for money, they would be selling it at $75 per. You get about $70 per plasma donation here in Omaha. And that is just plasma. I hate to say it, but I don't think there is some nefarious activity going on at PP to make money off human tissue. They get consent from the mothers, everything most likely is documented including cost.

There is nothing to see here, abortions are happening and the patients are signing off on the tissues of the fetus used for research. This is not butcher meat that you can just hand off, there are costs involved in collecting, packaging and maybe shipping.

The inability of govt prosecutors to charge these people for selling human tissue would tell you that even though it looks bad, there is no organ selling going on.

nobody's_hero
07-21-2015, 08:02 AM
Fuck, even the IRS thinks I'm worth more than $100, and they don't give a shit about anyone.

DevilsAdvocate
07-21-2015, 08:05 AM
I really find it hard to believe if these people were selling human tissue for money, they would be selling it at $75 per. You get about $70 per plasma donation here in Omaha. And that is just plasma. I hate to say it, but I don't think there is some nefarious activity going on at PP to make money off human tissue. They get consent from the mothers, everything most likely is documented including cost.

There is nothing to see here, abortions are happening and the patients are signing off on the tissues of the fetus used for research. This is not butcher meat that you can just hand off, there are costs involved in collecting, packaging and maybe shipping.

The inability of govt prosecutors to charge these people for selling human tissue would tell you that even though it looks bad, there is no organ selling going on.

Then why in the video was she haggling for the best price she could get?

nobody's_hero
07-21-2015, 08:09 AM

I have thought so too, as in—this would be really hard to prosecute and prove wrong-doing. But after watching the first video again there is a part where Dr. Nucatola states that there are ways doctors can basically circumvent the law by saying that they 'accidentally' preserved a particular piece of the fetus and just happened to sell it. . . . I believe it was something along the lines of doctors claiming 'it wasn't my intent.' I don't really care to watch that video any more than I have to, but if I recall correctly that's what was said. You all can watch it again and tell me.

Meh. "Oops I accidentally completely preserved the tissue you requested while performing an abortion." You don't have to be a medical expert to know what such 'accidents' take a bit of effort and concentration to make them happen.

https://d.gr-assets.com/hostedimages/1380397337ra/766555.gif

If they're not acting illegally, they're definitely taking steps to cover their actions, and you usually don't have to cover up something you did unless you know it is wrong.

It's a valid point though. Can it be proven? Aside from someone in the medical staff at an abortion clinic coming out and testifying under oath that PP doctors are intentionally targeting specific tissues or organs to meet a demand, I don't know how any outsider could prove it.

staerker
07-21-2015, 08:16 AM

I was unaware that shipping and handling costs (with no profit motive) were competitively haggled over. :rolleyes:

William Tell
07-21-2015, 08:19 AM
I was unaware that shipping and handling costs (with no profit motive) were competitively haggled over. :rolleyes:
Yeah, well, she said she'd check and see how much the other 'clinics' were charging. Surely what she meant was she would check with shipping companies to see how much they charge.

There is nothing to see here

Exactly. Move along y'all, nothing to see here.:rolleyes:

donnay
07-21-2015, 09:18 AM
As a taxpayer we need to demand accountability. There is no reason why our government should be funding these barbaric practices--especially when they try to make themselves out to be the humanitarians of the world.

The founder of Planned Parenthood was a Nazi sympathizer and their reputation hasn't changed at all.

Let us not forget Bill Gates family background as well:

GATES: When I was growing up, my parents were almost involved in various volunteer things. My dad was head of Planned Parenthood. And it was very controversial to be involved with that. And so it's fascinating. At the dinner table my parents are very good at sharing the things that they were doing. And almost treating us like adults, talking about that.

My mom was on the United Way group that decides how to allocate the money and looks at all the different charities and makes the very hard decisions about where that pool of funds is going to go. So I always knew there was something about really educating people and giving them choices in terms of family size.

Source (http://www.pbs.org/now/transcript/transcript_gates.html)

puppetmaster
07-21-2015, 09:24 AM

The inability of govt prosecutors to charge these people for selling human tissue would tell you that even though it looks bad, there is no organ selling going on.inability of government prosecutors......they choose not to prosecute criminals all the time.

tod evans
07-21-2015, 09:42 AM
inability of government prosecutors......they chose not to prosecute criminals all the time.

It's not who ya' know, it's who ya' blow.......

timosman
07-21-2015, 09:43 AM
It's not who ya' know, it's who ya' blow.......

you may not know how right you are :)

timosman
07-21-2015, 09:47 AM
Fuck, even the IRS thinks I'm worth more than $100, and they don't give a shit about anyone.

This is the part I find ridiculous. For what, 6 grand total ? Like 30 shekels ? Why waste your time even discussing this shit instead of keeping your hands clean.

ZENemy
07-21-2015, 10:14 AM
yea so? anyone going to do anything about it? nope, carry on.

fisharmor
07-21-2015, 10:34 AM

I'm expecting Walter Block to write an inept article on this soon, in which he presents an actually logically sound argument why this is consistent with libertarian thought.

nobody's_hero
07-21-2015, 10:43 AM

Carry on . . . talking about other stuff they won't change. I mean, you could pretty much spin a wheel and land on any Ron Paul Forum topic it qualifies as something government isn't going to do anything about.

If we were only here to discuss things government plans on changing on our account, we'd have absolutely nothing to talk about. Most of the time people here just bitch about stuff, myself included. The closest I've ever actually come to changing anything was getting politically raped as a delegate at a Georgia GOP convention. That was about the extent of my activism. So I'm on here, bitching, about something that's important to me, but not to Washington. Just like everyone else here.

fisharmor
07-21-2015, 10:58 AM
Carry on . . . talking about other stuff they won't change. I mean, you could pretty much spin a wheel and land on any Ron Paul Forum topic it qualifies as something government isn't going to do anything about.

If we were only here to discuss things government plans on changing on our account, we'd have absolutely nothing to talk about. Most of the time people here just bitch about stuff, myself included. The closest I've ever actually come to changing anything was getting politically raped as a delegate at a Georgia GOP convention. That was about the extent of my activism. So I'm on here, bitching, about something that's important to me, but not to Washington. Just like everyone else here.

Things were looking pretty good up until 4 years ago, and then something happened where everyone (except all of us who disagree) suddenly decided that playing the political game by the rules the fixers put in place is somehow going to work for us. It went from a movement which wholesale rejected that notion, to a movement which embraced it.

I'm not going to state unequivocally that embracing the evil we once rejected is not going to bear fruit. We'll have to see. Until then, I'm sitting out, because I was as much as told to.

There's still the option nobody will talk about, and frankly, I see that as the only meaningful option for changing things within our lifetimes. And I'm not looking forward to that time, at all.

Until then, I'm doing something. I'm keeping my children as far away from schools as I can keep them. I'm teaching my children that when a cop asks them where their parents are, they respond "I don't answer questions", no matter how much they threaten to take them away. I'm banding together with other parents who keep their children out of schools, and I'm speaking out to the parents who send their children to schools. Anyone who is younger than me is guaranteed to be told the truth of this situation.

This generation is lost, unless this plan of using the same exact thing that got us here somehow works out, in spite of its absurdity.
Everyone should be concentrating on the next generation.

Brian4Liberty
07-21-2015, 11:20 AM
What prices are involved with adult organ donation? Is there a price for a heart or lungs?

Can a person sell a kidney?

fisharmor
07-21-2015, 11:29 AM
What prices are involved with adult organ donation? Is there a price for a heart or lungs?

I think the insidious thing (which I haven't heard discussed yet) is that these aren't considered human organs. Selling human organs for transplant (specifically) is prohibited by federal law.
But the underlying ethics that led to the law is that the poor and disenfranchised would be compelled to consider "donating" if they were being compensated, which would lead to them as a class being dehumanized.

But the unborn have already been dehumanized: the underlying apology of abortion relies on the idea that the unborn are fundamentally not human beings.
nobody's_hero is doubly right - nothing will be done because nothing can be done, as we've pointed out - but also, nothing will be done for the reason that the pro-life crowd have already lost that argument.
These revelations are offensive only because they rub this fact - that fetuses are not legally humans - in our faces.

timosman
07-21-2015, 11:32 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organ_trade

limequat
07-21-2015, 11:40 AM
To those arguing that the price is too small to prove a profit motive...consider that the grocery store makes a profit off of 49 cent bananas. It's all about volume.

How many abortions is PP performing each year? How many organs are sold?
It appears to me that the true market value of fetal tissue is probably in the thousands, but PP has to sell for these small prices that could reasonable be covered by "shipping and handling".
Everyone here knows what happens when government sets prices: corruption and black markets. I bet if someone was to dig deeper, they'd find some nice paid vacations and lavish gifts to high-level PP staff.

donnay
07-21-2015, 11:41 AM
H/T: TahoeBlue

Dr. Mary Gatter: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
http://heavy.com/news/2015/07/mary-gatter-planned-parenthood-video-center-for-medical-progress/

limequat
07-21-2015, 11:52 AM
Here's an interesting article...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2015/07/17/why-planned-parenthood-wont-stop-donating-fetal-organs/

So the biotech firms act like middle men between PP and drug companies. The tech firm buys fetal tissue for under $100 and then sells it to drug companies for close to $2000. The tissue suddenly becomes "human" at this point, as it is used to test human reaction to new drugs.

This reminds me of the experiments that Nazis performed on Jews.

juleswin
07-21-2015, 11:57 AM
Then why in the video was she haggling for the best price she could get?

You can clearly see that she wasn't sure about the price. Any person examining this with an unbiased eye can clearly see that this is not something that they do all the time. Nobody is still touching my question, Is your belief that planned parenthood is risking it all for $75 per human tissue specimen?

I have thought so too, as in—this would be really hard to prosecute and prove wrong-doing. But after watching the first video again there is a part where Dr. Nucatola states that there are ways doctors can basically circumvent the law by saying that they 'accidentally' preserved a particular piece of the fetus and just happened to sell it. . . . I believe it was something along the lines of doctors claiming 'it wasn't my intent.' I don't really care to watch that video any more than I have to, but if I recall correctly that's what was said. You all can watch it again and tell me.

Meh. "Oops I accidentally completely preserved the tissue you requested while performing an abortion." You don't have to be a medical expert to know what such 'accidents' take a bit of effort and concentration to make them happen.

https://d.gr-assets.com/hostedimages/1380397337ra/766555.gif

If they're not acting illegally, they're definitely taking steps to cover their actions, and you usually don't have to cover up something you did unless you know it is wrong.

It's a valid point though. Can it be proven? Aside from someone in the medical staff at an abortion clinic coming out and testifying under oath that PP doctors are intentionally targeting specific tissues or organs to meet a demand, I don't know how any outsider could prove it.

I think the price alone tell you that it is not a money making operation. Having the doctors and medical staff preserve your bio material for use in medical research costs money, packaging costs more, if it requires any kind of processing, it would cost money and shipping companies charge more for shipping bio material. Also, from my research days, the whole lab was constantly working around to be in compliance with govt regulation. If you think business are over regulated, wait until you enter medical research. Being conscious of govt regulations and trying to work within it is not evidence of a crime.

Watch and see, no charges would ever stick on them cos they weren't selling any human tissue.

You be surprised what cost can be involved in the whole operation. But I bet you that $75 is not even worth the risk for them.

inability of government prosecutors......they chose not to prosecute criminals all the time.

Can't tell me there isn't any conservative federal court judge that can hear this case. The problem is that even though it sounds really really bad, they are not violating any laws. The ridiculously low price per specimen that she offers is something you get selling legal blood plasma. Why use your doctors and highly specialized staff to harvest aborted human tissue when they could be doing just as well selling blood plasma.

There is no way they are making any kind of money selling human tissue at $75 a pop. I wouldn't be surprised if the disposal fees alone are half the price they are selling it.

juleswin
07-21-2015, 12:00 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2015/07/17/why-planned-parenthood-wont-stop-donating-fetal-organs/

So the biotech firms act like middle men between PP and drug companies. The tech firm buys fetal tissue for under $100 and then sells it to drug companies for close to $2000. The tissue suddenly becomes "human" at this point, as it is used to test human reaction to new drugs.

So then go after the biotech companies. It seems like in your scenario it is the biotech companies selling the body parts not planned parenthood. Also what Nazi experiment on Jews does this remind you of? try to be specific please.

donnay
07-21-2015, 12:02 PM

That's because PP founder was a Nazi Sympathizer.

timosman
07-21-2015, 12:33 PM
That's because PP founder was a Nazi Sympathizer.

A Nazi Sympathizer ? http://www.nyu.edu/projects/sanger/articles/sanger-hitler_equation.php

donnay
07-21-2015, 12:43 PM
A Nazi Sympathizer ? http://www.nyu.edu/projects/sanger/articles/sanger-hitler_equation.php

Who were the unfit? Sanger laid it all out in 1938, when she praised Nazi Germany’s sterilization policies. The unfit (Hat tip: The Federalist) included those suffering from, “gongenital feeble-mindedness; schizophrenia, circular insanity; heredity epilepsy; hereditary chorea (Huntington’s)’ hereditary blindness or deafness; grave hereditary bodily deformity and chronic alcoholism.”

Reports in medical journals state that the indications laid down in the German law are being carefully observed. These are gongenital feeble-mindedness; schizophrenia, circular insanity; heredity epilepsy; hereditary chorea (Huntington’s)’ hereditary blindness or deafness; grave hereditary bodily deformity and chronic alcoholism.

Surely everyone will agree that the children of parents so afflicted are no contribution to the nation for even if they do not inherit these defects they are children of parents so handicapped that life will give them little, owing to their necessarily bad environment.

There are 1,700 special courts and 27 higher courts in Germany to review the cases certified for sterilization there. The rights of the individual could be equally well safeguarded here, but in no case should the rights of society, or which he or she is a member, be disregarded.

Source (http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/07/14/racist-pro-nazi-roots-of-planned-parenthood-revealed/)

limequat
07-21-2015, 01:01 PM
So then go after the biotech companies.

Right, I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned this yet. It seems clear-cut that they are breaking the law, where it's fuzzy with PP.

It seems like in your scenario it is the biotech companies selling the body parts not planned parenthood. Also what Nazi experiment on Jews does this remind you of? try to be specific please.

This comes off incredibly condescending. Not sure what you're trying to prove, Nazi experimentation is well documented.
The connection in my mind is dehumanization. Nazis dehumanized jews, performed experiments on them. Americans dehumanized fetuses, performed experiments on them.
Here's the wiki page if you're interested in reading more:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_human_experimentation
and an excerpt

"From about September 1942 to about December 1943 experiments were conducted at the Ravensbrück concentration camp, for the benefit of the German Armed Forces, to study bone, muscle, and nerve regeneration, and bone transplantation from one person to another.[citation needed] Sections of bones, muscles, and nerves were removed from the subjects without use of anesthesia. As a result of these operations, many victims suffered intense agony, mutilation, and permanent disability."

staerker
07-21-2015, 03:40 PM
You be surprised what cost can be involved in the whole operation. But I bet you that $75 is not even worth the risk for them.

You are missing the point altogether.

What is the cost for "shipping and handling?"

That price should be fixed (independent of what the buyer believes it should be.)

Anything above that fixed "shipping and handling" is profit.

So why is haggling taking place, when the "shipping and handling" is fixed?

Profit. $$$

Gotta sell murdered human parts to make ends meet.

juleswin
07-22-2015, 06:23 AM
You are missing the point altogether.

What is the cost for "shipping and handling?"

That price should be fixed (independent of what the buyer believes it should be.)

Anything above that fixed "shipping and handling" is profit.

So why is haggling taking place, when the "shipping and handling" is fixed?

Profit. $$$

Gotta sell murdered human parts to make ends meet.

There are fixed cost and there are variable costs involved. Shipping costs maybe fixed but processing the bio material would likely be different for every fetus produced. I guess at the end they may be a little money left over from some parts sold and they lose money on others. The point is that it is highly unlikely that they are risking it all for a give or take $10 ish on every shipment.

I think this is not something they do a lot of so that why she was a little unsure about the price. Maybe Rand can help the justice dept sue PP if he is able to find a criminal offense in what was caught on tape.

staerker
07-22-2015, 07:04 AM
There are fixed cost and there are variable costs involved. Shipping costs maybe fixed but processing the bio material would likely be different for every fetus produced. I guess at the end they may be a little money left over from some parts sold and they lose money on others. The point is that it is highly unlikely that they are risking it all for a give or take $10 ish on every shipment.

I think this is not something they do a lot of so that why she was a little unsure about the price. Maybe Rand can help the justice dept sue PP if he is able to find a criminal offense in what was caught on tape.

I can understand that some costs are "variable," but my usage of the term "fixed" meant "independent of the buyer."

If the "shipping and handling" = $50, and "processing" ranges between $2 and $9, then the cost upfront should have been $59. No pokerfaced haggling, as seen here.

I'm sure she hasn't been doing this for long, the market is new, and she still doesn't know her competitor's pricing.

Why would she consider competitor's pricing in her calculation? Because it doesn't just matter what your equipment is capable of, you have to undercut the market to break into it.

juleswin
07-22-2015, 07:19 AM
I can understand that some costs are "variable," but my usage of the term "fixed" meant "independent of the buyer."

If the "shipping and handling" = $50, and "processing" ranges between $2 and $9, then the cost upfront should have been $59. No pokerfaced haggling, as seen here.

I'm sure she hasn't been doing this for long, the market is new, and she still doesn't know her competitor's pricing.

Why would she consider competitor's pricing in her calculation? Because it doesn't just matter what your equipment is capable of, you have to undercut the market to break into it.

Also you ask competitors price so you can go back and say to your workers, X competitor were able to do it for $50, you guys figure it out and get the price down within $50 price. I just think its a bit odd that this organization that uses doctors that are paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year and other medical professional who are paid loads of money will try and make couple of dollars per human tissue. How many years, doctors clinics and abortions do you think it would take to make a 100k using this scheme? And at the risk of jail time and losing it all? It just doesn't add up

In the extensive world of health care industry, anyone selling you something this regulated, very limited and unique is not making any profit off it.

Slave Mentality
07-22-2015, 08:28 AM
Also you ask competitors price so you can go back and say to your workers, X competitor were able to do it for $50, you guys figure it out and get the price down within $50 price. I just think its a bit odd that this organization that uses doctors that are paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year and other medical professional who are paid loads of money will try and make couple of dollars per human tissue. How many years, doctors clinics and abortions do you think it would take to make a 100k using this scheme? And at the risk of jail time and losing it all? It just doesn't add up

In the extensive world of health care industry, anyone selling you something this regulated, very limited and unique is not making any profit off it.

They are making a hell of a lot more money now than they were making in the good old days of throwing fetuses in the trash can. I wonder what kind of cut the "mom" or "dad" get?

Its fucked up even thinking about this shit like we are talking about widgets being sold.

JK/SEA
07-22-2015, 08:29 AM
just for the record, this revelation left me physically nauseated...

these fuckers are the bottom of the septic tank.

brandon
07-22-2015, 09:00 AM
They already are doing the abortions anyway so whats wrong with selling the tissue to researchers?

wizardwatson
07-22-2015, 09:23 AM
They already are doing the abortions anyway so whats wrong with selling the tissue to researchers?

Because it creates an additional profit incentive for an already immoral and anti-liberty enterprise. Plus it is vile and desecrates the remains of the murdered innocent.

AuH20
07-22-2015, 09:35 AM

Merchant of death should not be a job occupation.

tod evans
07-22-2015, 09:35 AM
Because it creates an additional profit incentive for an already immoral and anti-liberty enterprise. Plus it is vile and desecrates the remains of the murdered innocent.

Profit and vile are prerequisites for government.

fisharmor
07-22-2015, 09:37 AM

This:

The tech firm buys fetal tissue for under $100 and then sells it to drug companies for close to $2000. The tissue suddenly becomes "human" at this point, as it is used to test human reaction to new drugs.

Abortion is legal for one reason and one reason only: the fetus is not legally a human.
They sell "fetal tissue" to researchers who then do tests on it to test human reactions.

Science has de facto unequivocally stated that these are human beings.
Thus the law is in direct opposition to science.
It's not a religious debate at this point.

The law has created two classes of human. This is not based on science.

Jan2017
07-22-2015, 10:12 AM
"There's compensation for this . . . by the case - Patients don't get anything of course."

"How he feels about using a "less crunchy" technique to get more whole specimens."

This is link for same video without lead in comment lies by Planned Parenthood found at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGP1p6k-Iow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGP1p6k-Iow

Lucille
07-22-2015, 10:16 AM
http://knappster.blogspot.com/2015/07/quote-of-week-cantwell-on-planned.html#SpUwu8VImmupYbkd.99

[...]
The abortion industry IS an industry. It's a heavily government-subsidized industry.

Planned Parenthood poses as a "non-profit," but all that means is that it doesn't have stockholders who receive dividends. It's a billion dollar per year business (with half that money coming from taxpayer subsidies) with 820 local franchises. Its CEO knocks down half a million a year, and other Planned Parenthood executives and franchise managers earn $100-250k.

Planned Parenthood is a business.

More to the point, its operations fit the profile of the way "Big Business" uses government to pad and protect its profits.

I'm not just talking about that half-billion dollars per year in direct corporate welfare from Uncle Sugar, although that's obviously a big deal.

I'm also talking about its lobbying against "over the counter" contraception, which would let women bypass the Planned Parenthood doctor/prescription mill and cut down demand for its abortion services.

And its lobbying against treating abortion just like any other medical procedure (e.g. parental consent for minors, basic safety standards for clinics, etc.). And so on and so forth.

These people aren't philanthropists. They're rent-seeking, regulatory-capturing crony capitalists.

And ghoulish ones at that.

juleswin
07-22-2015, 10:31 AM
This:

Abortion is legal for one reason and one reason only: the fetus is not legally a human.
They sell "fetal tissue" to researchers who then do tests on it to test human reactions.

Science has de facto unequivocally stated that these are human beings.
Thus the law is in direct opposition to science.
It's not a religious debate at this point.

The law has created two classes of human. This is not based on science.

Not a gotcha as you think it is. Biotech companies use rats tissue, tissue from human organs from dead or living people to simulate a human condition, that doesn't make any of those a complete human. One could argue that it is tissue from the mother that is being used and not one from another human being.

Not quite sure where I stand, but human tissue doesn't equate to a human being. Blood is also on the level of tissue, donating human blood is not donating a human being.

angelatc
07-22-2015, 10:31 AM

My take on it is that they do not need to be savvy negotiators because they have tax money to cover their losses. Any extra income they can make is just icing on the dead baby cake.

Nobody who was in a real business would ever utter, "Whomever names a price first is at a disadvantage." Nobody in a real business would enter negotiations without being prepared to name a price for the product.

These are some of the most horrible, evil people on the planet, and the government keeps feeding them.

ETA: What Lucille said.

KEEF
07-22-2015, 10:40 AM
For some reason, it makes me think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sp-VFBbjpE

Sam I am
07-22-2015, 11:05 AM
They are making a hell of a lot more money now than they were making in the good old days of throwing fetuses in the trash can. I wonder what kind of cut the "mom" or "dad" get?

Its fucked up even thinking about this shit like we are talking about widgets being sold.

In order for that to be true, they would have to be making a hell of a lot of money. $100 per procedure does not sound like a hell of a lot of money to me.

nobody's_hero
07-22-2015, 02:55 PM
Not a gotcha as you think it is. Biotech companies use rats tissue, tissue from human organs from dead or living people to simulate a human condition, that doesn't make any of those a complete human. One could argue that it is tissue from the mother that is being used and not one from another human being.

Not quite sure where I stand, but human tissue doesn't equate to a human being. Blood is also on the level of tissue, donating human blood is not donating a human being.

Can I chop off your arm? I need it for a science fair project and it's not a complete human so we're good.

But seriously, at least the anti-abortion people are fairly consistent by most of them taking the position that human life starts at conception. The amount of mental loopholes and finagling that the pro-choice community has to go through to explain it is frankly, by comparison, ludicrous. Sometimes I think if I were geeked up on acid I'd be able to understand it better. 'Today is still in the 1st trimester so abortion is allowed, but in 12 hours it will be tomorrow and the start of the 3rd trimester and therefore abortion is a no-no.' That, to me, seems fairly arbitrary, to be determining what does or does not qualify as a human being.

I mean, if the pro-life people are wrong, then the worst that will happen is that this mass of tissue that actually wasn't a human goes on to live a 'normal' human life of 80 years or so.

But, if one day 'science' somehow determines that the pro-choice people are wrong . . . that's a lot of dead people.

I've always felt that ethical decisions should be made based on which choice has the potential for the least amount of harm. As with Fisharmor, I can leave religion out of it. As purely a matter of non-malfeasance ('above all, do no harm'), pro-lifers hold the superior position, because even if they're wrong, it has merely led to the birth of a human.

juleswin
07-22-2015, 02:58 PM
Can I chop off your arm? I need it for a science fair project and it's not a complete human so we're good.

Yes, but only if my hand were already cut off and was heading to the trash bin.

staerker
07-22-2015, 03:01 PM

I think the real question is, how does a representative of an "organization that uses doctors that are paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year and other medical professional who are paid loads of money," enter into a professional business meeting (to discuss "shipping and handling" costs,) and not come to the meeting prepared with an accurate and precise estimate.

But, rather enters into the meeting asking for the market price of the organs they want to traffick.

I want to make it clear that you are the one making inane assumptions, incorrectly giving this organization the benefit of the doubt, when it is quite clear that a black market exchange is taking place. You can theorize about their profits and their losses, but it is completely evident that this exchange is attempting to be made at market value, not taking into consideration the actual cost it takes for their specific lab to deliver the product.

Maybe they are taking a loss? No "non-profit" would give products to a for-profit at a loss. Whether for payment in other forms/favors, or more probable, to break into the organ trafficking market, and build relationships (as evidenced by the lack of experience.)

It is about incentivization. We already know the PP strongly push mothers in the direction of an abortion. Why?

angelatc
07-22-2015, 03:03 PM

I am thinking that using that same logic, eagle eggs aren't really eagles, and therefore I should not be breaking federal law if I make an omelette or two while camping. Good to know.

staerker
07-22-2015, 03:07 PM
I am thinking that using that same logic, eagle eggs aren't really eagles, and therefore I should not be breaking federal law if I make an omelette or two while camping. Good to know.

Eagles are a protected species. Humans are not.

Get it straight.

tod evans
07-22-2015, 03:10 PM

Get it straight.

Wait a minute here!

Some "people" are so well protected just bumping them with a boob will get you charged with a felony.....

It all gets so damn confusing....:confused:

RJB
07-22-2015, 03:14 PM
Not if you understand your place, citizen.

It all gets so damn confusing....:confused:

angelatc
07-22-2015, 03:16 PM

Get it straight.

Now you've gone and muddied the water. Does this mean that black lives do not, in fact, matter?

juleswin
07-22-2015, 03:16 PM
I think the real question is, how does a representative of an "organization that uses doctors that are paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year and other medical professional who are paid loads of money," enter into a professional business meeting (to discuss "shipping and handling" costs,) and not come to the meeting prepared with an accurate and precise estimate.

But, rather enters into the meeting asking for the market price of the organs they want to traffick.

I want to make it clear that you are the one making inane assumptions, incorrectly giving this organization the benefit of the doubt, when it is quite clear that a black market exchange is taking place. You can theorize about their profits and their losses, but it is completely evident that this exchange is attempting to be made at market value, not taking into consideration the actual cost it takes for their specific lab to deliver the product.

Maybe they are taking a loss? No "non-profit" would give products to a for-profit at a loss. Whether for payment in other forms/favors, or more probable, to break into the organ trafficking market, and build relationships (as evidenced by the lack of experience.)

It is about incentivization. We already know the PP strongly push mothers in the direction of an abortion. Why?

Remember we are talking about market price for donation not market price for black market selling which is really the only market available for organ selling. Look, if this people were truly selling human tissue, it would be going for more than $75 a pop. The risk is way too much for the paltry reward.

And like I have been saying, if there is evidence, how come nobody in the GOP can get some federal court to charge them with a crime. At least get the case to trial and see what happens. Its not going to happen and do you know why? these reactionary politicians feigning outrage know very well that there is no crime of organ selling going on.

angelatc
07-22-2015, 03:23 PM
Remember we are talking about market price for donation not market price for black market selling which is really the only market available for organ selling. Look, if this people were truly selling human tissue, it would be going for more than $75 a pop. The risk is way too much for the paltry reward.

And like I have been saying, if there is evidence, how come nobody in the GOP can get some federal court to charge them with a crime. At least get the case to trial and see what happens. Its not going to happen and do you know why? these reactionary politicians feigning outrage know very well that there is no crime of organ selling going on.

Bobby Jindal has ordered an investigation. As for the allegation being "heavily edited," thats how all reporters present stories. Nobody freaking posts raw footage, and in this case the 'tube is 3 hours long. But the entire unedited video is available. If there are any remarks that are indeed taken out of context, nobody I've seen seems to be pointing that out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4UjIM9B9KQ

And with the calvarium, in general, some people will actually try to change the presentation so that it’s not vertex,” she continues. “So if you do it starting from the breech presentation, there’s dilation that happens as the case goes on, and often, the last step, you can evacuate an intact calvarium at the end.”

Using ultrasound guidance to manipulate the fetus from vertex to breech orientation before intact extraction is the hallmark of the illegal partial-birth abortion procedure (18 U.S.C. 1531).

RJB
07-22-2015, 03:27 PM
If there are any remarks that are indeed taken out of context, nobody I've seen seems to be pointing that out.

Exactly.

juleswin
07-22-2015, 03:30 PM

The protection is on outsider against the eagle and her brood. If an eagle mummy knocks off one her her eggs or decides to eat the egg? no charges would be filed. But if you or a racoon decides to take the egg and eat it, that's when you run into trouble.

Also if you think eagles are more protected than human, just wait and see what happens to an eagle that kills an infant human child. That eagle will not be fined, will not be sent to prison, that eagle will be assassinated on the spot.

Take emotions out of this debate and things will start making sense again.

RJB
07-22-2015, 03:35 PM
Take emotions morality and the love of human life out of this debate and things will start making sense again.

FIFY

staerker
07-22-2015, 03:37 PM

"Donation"/black market is irrelevant. It's like trying to argue between a "donation" and a bribe. The point is, covering costs was not the concern. The concern was competitiveness, and any "non-profit" trying to financially compete with another "non-profit" is a fraud.

The only true incentive for a medicinal "non-profit" is the furtherance of medicine. Spending money on more advanced equipment in order to undercut another lab that has superior capability does not accomplish that.

There are millions of injustices in the world, and one of the last things I would use to gauge the validity of a true concern would be a politician.

The very last place I would look to would be a federal court.

bunklocoempire
07-22-2015, 03:44 PM

Bolded is mine. My mom can donate her own tissue, it's uniquely hers. My dad can donate his own tissue, it's uniquely his. My tissue is uniquely my own and has been that way from the time the sperm, egg, and code got together -hands off please.

juleswin
07-22-2015, 03:51 PM
FIFY

Et tu, RJB? I thought you were an undercover pro choice lib, you should be on my side on this :)

nobody's_hero
07-22-2015, 03:53 PM
FIFY

QFT.

Jules you can try to paint people who are disagreeing as overly emotional clouded-minded individuals, but frankly, RJB put it more succinctly.

You know why a Georgia deputy can drop a flashbang in a baby crib and walk out away from a grand jury indictment? Because people these days are emotionless fucks. Zombies. Drones. If it can't be explained with science, then it isn't legitimately worthy of concern. Was the prescribed protocol followed? Yes? Well then: "Nothing to see here."

The people who sat on that grand jury probably were more concerned about what time they were gonna get to break for lunch during jury duty, than they were able to posses the human empathy necessary to view the issue from the mother's side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFFLhEUMBb0

juleswin
07-22-2015, 03:55 PM
Bolded is mine. My mom can donate her own tissue, it's uniquely hers. My dad can donate his own tissue, it's uniquely his. My tissue is uniquely my own and has been that way from the time the sperm, egg, and code got together -hands off please.

Yea, it is a grey area and the country is evenly divided on who actually owns the tissue. Personally, I think baby, but what other people decide to pick is their own business, just leave me and my tax money out of it.

juleswin
07-22-2015, 04:00 PM
"Donation"/black market is irrelevant. It's like trying to argue between a "donation" and a bribe. The point is, covering costs was not the concern. The concern was competitiveness, and any "non-profit" trying to financially compete with another "non-profit" is a fraud.

The only true incentive for a medicinal "non-profit" is the furtherance of medicine. Spending money on more advanced equipment in order to undercut another lab that has superior capability does not accomplish that.

There are millions of injustices in the world, and one of the last things I would use to gauge the validity of a true concern would be a politician.

The very last place I would look to would be a federal court.

You made some good points but you have yet to make one that convinces me that these people are selling human tissue in the black market for $75. Also, would you rather see the tissue tossed in the bio hazard bin or used for research. Personally, I pick research over tossing it out.

Just because you don't believe her, but covering cost is definitely one of her concerns. They say Gov. Jindal is investigation, I waiting to see what nothing comes out of it :)

RJB
07-22-2015, 04:03 PM
Et tu, RJB? I thought you were an undercover pro choice lib, you should be on my side on this :)

Huh? Maybe you're confusing me with PRB.

Ever since my daughter came along 13 years ago, I've been staunchly prolife. It changed me in many ways.

You may be right about the emotional aspect of it. I can't think of abortion without thinking of all the beautiful and unloved children killed, who are no different than my own. I really don't fault pro-abortion people who have never had a child of their own.

But this society has taken the spirituality and love from sex, to the point that it is nothing more than a cheap toy that occasionally produces, broken homes, disease, and unwanted children.

staerker
07-22-2015, 04:12 PM
You made some good points but you have yet to make one that convinces me that these people are selling human tissue in the black market for $75. Also, would you rather see the tissue tossed in the bio hazard bin or used for research. Personally, I pick research over tossing it out.

Just because you don't believe her, but covering cost is definitely one of her concerns. They say Gov. Jindal is investigation, I waiting to see what nothing comes out of it :)

By "the concern" I meant "the main concern." English. But, we are going in circles now.

And yes, because I believe that abortions are murder, I would rather "it" go into "the bin." As selling "tissue" for $75 not only adds incentive, but sets precedent, allowing much higher numbers in the future. Taking temporary losses for future gains. Things like this are not that difficult to predict. Common now.

Sam I am
07-22-2015, 05:07 PM
Why is the buyer trying to haggle up?

William Tell
07-22-2015, 05:15 PM

What the hell???

RJB
07-22-2015, 05:24 PM
What the hell???

I've been outed. Go Hillary.

jbauer
07-22-2015, 05:51 PM

I don't know? You obviously don't value human life. What if we sell you? How much do you suppose we can get?

If you could figure out your cut, I'd be happy to set up the eBay auction. I bet we could even hid some profit in the shipping costs.

Humans suck!!!

jbauer
07-22-2015, 05:57 PM
Yea, it is a grey area and the country is evenly divided on who actually owns the tissue. Personally, I think baby, but what other people decide to pick is their own business, just leave me and my tax money out of it.

So does the baby have its own unique DNA? I'm lost as to why a fetuses life vs a 1 week old vs an 17 year old is any different? They're all dependent on the parents.

I'm completely lost as to how there could be pro choice parents out there. That's what really bothers me. Watch a baby turn into their own individual and yet some of you want to shopvac that individual out and throw it in the trash.

morfeeis
07-22-2015, 08:33 PM

they were the clinic, they wanted more for the bodies....

Occam's Banana
07-22-2015, 10:26 PM
Also if you think eagles are more protected than human, just wait and see what happens to an eagle that kills an infant human child. That eagle will not be fined, will not be sent to prison, that eagle will be assassinated on the spot.

If that scenario (or one like it) actually happened, would you be willing to bet that the eagle's "assassin" would not end up facing any penalties, fines or charges?

I certainly wouldn't. (Meanwhile, back at the abortion clinic ...)

limequat
07-23-2015, 05:46 AM
So does the baby have its own unique DNA? [quote]

Yes

[quote]
I'm lost as to why a fetuses life vs a 1 week old vs an 17 year old is any different? [quote]

At some point the fetus becomes more and more human. At some point it develops: a beating heart, sensitivity to pain, self awareness. Not sure when those all are.

[quote]
I'm completely lost as to how there could be pro choice parents out there. That's what really bothers me. Watch a baby turn into their own individual and yet some of you want to shopvac that individual out and throw it in the trash.

I can empathize with this. My perspective totally changed after having kids.

Dianne
07-23-2015, 06:44 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/07/21/new-video-shows-another-planned-parenthood-doctor-haggling-price-of-baby-body-parts/

Why couldn't that lady have been aborted?

angelatc
07-23-2015, 07:49 AM
The protection is on outsider against the eagle and her brood. If an eagle mummy knocks off one her her eggs or decides to eat the egg? no charges would be filed. But if you or a racoon decides to take the egg and eat it, that's when you run into trouble.

Take emotions out of this debate and things will start making sense again.

I can assure you that you will never encounter anybody as devoid as emotion as me. And although I am not a wildlife expert I am an eBay seller so I occasionally need to brush up on federal law. Possessing as much as an eagle feather is illegal, even if it fell off the bird as it was flying by. So I am not convinced that you're right about abandoned eggs.

Nobody else in this thread even halfway agrees with you. I just think they're skirting the law, not breaking it.

angelatc
07-23-2015, 07:51 AM
I'm completely lost as to how there could be pro choice parents out there.

This is one of the positions that I hold which makes me so entirely unlikeable, or so I am told on a routine basis. You can't understand it any more than you can understand why Ted Bundy did what he did, because it's insanity.

In other words, it's not you.

Origanalist
07-23-2015, 07:56 AM
What the hell???

I made the same mistake.

euphemia
07-23-2015, 09:45 AM
Fetus is Latin for baby.

AuH20
07-23-2015, 12:02 PM
This is going to leave a mark..........More corroboration from former PPP director.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/07/22/fmr-planned-parenthood-director-organ-harvesting-is-big-business-for-them/

Abby Johnson, a Planned Parenthood community services director-turned-pro-life activist, said that “harvesting” organs and tissue is “a big business” for Planned Parenthood on Wednesday’s “Hannity” on the Fox News Channel.

Johnson said Planned Parenthood is “absolutely” using ultrasound-guided abortions to preserve organs so they can be sold. She continued, “It’s a big business. Planned Parenthood is harvesting these organs, this tissue as early as seven and eight weeks gestation at a lot of their abortion facilities across the country. They are packaging them, they are shipping them off to, sometimes companies that act as middle men, sometimes directly to the research labs. And they’re getting paid a pretty good price for each specimen they send out.”

When asked if the women are informed of what is done with the organs and tissue, Johnson answered, “they do, by and large, and I can only speak at my affiliate and what I experienced, but we did consent our patients. But the interesting thing, is that I think it almost soothed the conscience of the woman. So, we would talk to them and say, ‘You know, this is an opportunity for you to give back, by donating the fetal tissue to research. It could potentially save the lives of other people,'” which gave a “false sense of altruism.”

Johnson added, “they’re certainly not telling women that, ‘We’re going to pick through the body parts that are removed from your uterus, and we’re going to pick out the best organs, the ones that we can get the most money for, and ship them off.’ They are talking to these women about the life-saving efforts that these research studies could have, when that may not be true at all.”

She concluded, “we don’t ever know what they’re being used for as the abortion provider. We are just told that the tissue is being used for different research studies. Sometimes we ship them to a middle man. Sometimes we ship them directly to the research department."

Jan2017
07-23-2015, 01:42 PM

they were the clinic, they wanted more for the bodies....

In this "sting" operation - to get the Planned Parenthood lady to open her mouth more - the buyer(s)/federal agent does "haggle up" -
but the second agent interjects how there could be two specimens from the same aborted human fetus, so $150. etc.
Yeah, it could have gotten the Planned Parenthood "negotiator" suspicion up - but no fear, she chuckles about wanting a Lamborgini -
and the second agent baits her into laughing after an 'everyone does".

Zippyjuan
07-23-2015, 03:09 PM

It was an activist- not a serious medical representative. They wanted to see how high the person would be willing to go. That is also why the conversation was video taped in the first place.

morfeeis
07-23-2015, 03:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=395&v=jieGy-brJqs

I'll just leave this here.....

morfeeis
07-23-2015, 03:12 PM
In this "sting" operation - to get the Planned Parenthood lady to open her mouth more - the buyer(s)/federal agent does "haggle up" -
but the second agent interjects how there could be two specimens from the same aborted human fetus, so $150. etc.
Yeah, it could have gotten the Planned Parenthood "negotiator" suspicion up - but no fear, she chuckles about wanting a Lamborgini -
and the second agent baits her into laughing after an 'everyone does".

Much better explanation, i was being lazy...