PDA

View Full Version : Former Sen. Saxby Chambliss: Hang Snowden Publicly When We Get Him

Suzanimal
07-20-2015, 05:41 PM
:mad:

Former Sen. Saxby Chambliss says he believes Edward Snowden should be publicly hanged as soon the United States can “get our hands on him.”
The Republican from Georgia:(, who recently retired from the Senate, served previously as the vice chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence.

Chambliss was speaking at the University of Georgia in July, reflecting on his career in the Senate when he made the comments. He was responding to a question about the hack of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM), the largest data breach in U.S. government history.

“This is real and the worst part of it — not unlike the Snowden incident, which I hope none of you have sympathy for him because we need to hang him on the courthouse square as soon as we get our hands on him — but just like we’re gonna lose American lives as a result of this breach,” Chambliss said earlier this month.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/retired-senator-and-intelligence-vice-chair-hang#.asQPY6zDBW

Cleaner44
07-20-2015, 06:39 PM
Fuck that statist authoritarian politician.

William Tell
07-20-2015, 06:44 PM
Trump said pretty much the same thing.

Donald Trump, a man who has previously and may once again tout himself as a presidential candidate, believes that the American justice system is too slow and cumbersome to deal with whistleblowers like former NSA analyst Edward Snowden.

Labeling Snowden a “spy”, Trump went on Fox News to advocate his immediate “execution”.

In a vomit inducing interview with Fox and Friends, Trump, in his infinite wisdom, stated:

“You know, spies in the old days used to be executed.”

“This guy is becoming a hero in some circles. Now, I will say, with the passage of time, even people that were sort of liking him and were trying to go on his side are maybe dropping out…”

“We have to get him back and we have to get him back fast. It could take months or it could take years, and that would be pathetic.” The Donald noted.

Blatantly advocating that Snowden be assassinated, Trump suggested that the US would somehow cease to exist, should he be allowed to live and divulge secret information on government surveillance and other unconstitutional practices.

“This guy’s a bad guy and, you know, there’s still a thing called execution,” he said.

“You really have to take a strong… You have thousands of people with access to material like this. We’re not going to have a country any longer.” Trump continued.
http://www.infowars.com/donald-trump-says-snowden-should-be-assassinated/

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-20-2015, 06:48 PM
what trump doesn't realize is other people already have all of snowden's information so at this point there's no more damage Snowden could do

Anti Federalist
07-20-2015, 07:14 PM
Americunts.

Ronin Truth
07-20-2015, 08:28 PM
Disembowel then draw and quarter former CONgresscritter Chambliss publicly.

timosman
07-20-2015, 08:59 PM
Amazing. Do we still have laws in this country ?

ClydeCoulter
07-20-2015, 09:09 PM

Yeah, a shit load of 'em, for us.

UWDude
07-21-2015, 12:03 AM
Hold on a second, say that about Saxby Chambliss, and its a threat that will get you carted off to jail.

But Chambliss says it about an American citizen... ...and nothing.

TheTexan
07-21-2015, 12:07 AM

Yes, its called the Constitution. And according to the Constitution, when you commit great crimes against the people of this country, it's called treason.

TheTexan
07-21-2015, 12:08 AM
Maybe next time people will think twice about infringing upon our natural right to feel safe & secure.

DevilsAdvocate
07-21-2015, 12:43 AM
This is incorrect thinking, inspired by the abuses and human rights violations of WW2.

I've been thinking a lot about this recently. It occurred to me that the "greatest generation's" penchant for beating their kids, and electing to draft them into unnecessary wars have all been their attempts to continue the cycle of abuse that was done to them.

nobody's_hero
07-21-2015, 01:01 AM
Snowden hasn't actually leaked anything that has led to any breach of national security, has he?

As I said when he first started leaking stuff, all he's really doing is releasing information that is embarrassing politicians. It's not like he is giving away nuclear launch codes.

I was never impressed with Chambliss, and I couldn't wait for him to retire. Perdue isn't much better, though.

Ronin Truth
07-21-2015, 05:39 AM
This is incorrect thinking, inspired by the abuses and human rights violations of WW2.

I've been thinking a lot about this recently. It occurred to me that the "greatest generation's" penchant for beating their kids, and electing to draft them into unnecessary wars have all been their attempts to continue the cycle of abuse that was done to them.

Interestesting observation. ;)

So perhaps they just didn't really know any better and the culture supported and rewarded that behavior. Hmmm?

timosman
07-21-2015, 06:03 AM
Interestesting observation. ;)

So perhaps they just didn't really know any better and the culture supported and rewarded that behavior. Hmmm?

Now that you mentioned it ...... :eek:

Legend1104
07-21-2015, 02:18 PM
I know he is not in office now but I find it horrifying that any elected official would ever advocate for the death of any citizen that has not been tried and found guilty of murder or treason.

hells_unicorn
07-21-2015, 02:24 PM
Chambliss is inexcusable, but he exists because a lot of voters in Georgia, nay the whole country, are likewise inexcusable.

timosman
07-21-2015, 02:43 PM
Should not people be calling DHS - "If You See Something, Say Something™" (http://www.dhs.gov/see-something-say-something) - to report this case of hate speech ?

Anti Federalist
07-21-2015, 03:10 PM
Hold on a second, say that about Saxby Chambliss, and its a threat that will get you carted off to jail.

But Chambliss says it about an American citizen... ...and nothing.

Some Animals Are More Equal Than Others.

Chieppa1
07-21-2015, 04:47 PM
Lulz

timosman
07-21-2015, 05:24 PM
How about the impalement ? Used to be very popular in some countries a while ago.

libertarianMoney
07-21-2015, 06:15 PM
Ex-politicians can get away with statements like that. We can suspect he's just a senile old man.

Politicians need to be more careful with statements like that because it can give their constituents ideas.

DFF
07-21-2015, 07:36 PM
Threats are far as things will go, because Snowden will never, ever return to the United States.

timosman
07-21-2015, 07:40 PM
Threats are far as things will go, because Snowden will never, ever return to the United States.

Why not ? Because he likes Russia so much ? What do we really know about him ?

NIU Students for Liberty
07-21-2015, 07:51 PM
What the fuck kind of name is Saxby Chambliss?

timosman
07-21-2015, 07:54 PM
What the fuck kind of name is Saxby Chambliss?

You can call him and ask - https://www.dlapiper.com/en/us/people/c/saxby-chambliss/

Marenco
07-21-2015, 11:12 PM
http://41.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxhna2UPDi1r95uvvo1_500.jpg