PDA

View Full Version : Monmouth Iowa 7/16-7/19 Walker-22,Trump-13, ..., Rand-5

CPUd
07-20-2015, 05:38 PM
Haven't looked too much into this one. Looks like a tough crowd for Rand. This poll was after Trump comments on Saturday.

http://i.imgur.com/T8yC611.png

http://i.imgur.com/DJ1RgMX.png

http://www.monmouth.edu/assets/0/32212254770/32212254991/32212254992/32212254994/32212254995/30064771087/e6c48f94-1380-45b6-80e4-dbaf5f5f78ad.pdf

libertyplz
07-20-2015, 05:45 PM
Wow, I'll admit I was wrong about Trump. Thought for sure his comments were gonna bite him hard but apparently not, at least not yet. Figured with the GOP, saying anything about those that have been in combat that isn't your typical ass kissing would end up hurting, but guess it isn't that simple. Think it's alright for Rand to remain in the background for now but Walker at 22% is pretty big with such a crowded field, need to make sure he doesn't run away with it. Will be interesting to see how Walker holds up under increased scrutiny and attacks which I'm sure he is bound to get once it gets closer to primary season.

Brett85
07-20-2015, 05:54 PM
Wow, I'll admit I was wrong about Trump. Thought for sure his comments were gonna bite him hard but apparently not, at least not yet. Figured with the GOP, saying anything about those that have been in combat that isn't your typical ass kissing would end up hurting, but guess it isn't that simple. Think it's alright for Rand to remain in the background for now but Walker at 22% is pretty big, need to make sure he doesn't run away with it. Will be interesting to see how Walker holds up under increased scrutiny and attacks which I'm sure he is bound to get once it gets closer to primary season.

The Washington Post said that Trump's poll numbers dropped significantly on the last day that they polled, the only day of polling that occurred after Trump's comments.

libertyplz
07-20-2015, 05:57 PM
The Washington Post said that Trump's poll numbers dropped significantly on the last day that they polled, the only day of polling that occurred after Trump's comments.

Oh alright, yea that sounds more in line with what I was expecting to happen. Perhaps we will see the impact whenever the next poll comes out.

asurfaholic
07-20-2015, 08:34 PM
Looking at percentage of age groups polled, I'm not going to worry about this poll.

But young people will HAVE to get off their butts on caucus day and make an enthusiastic showing. Rands campaign depends on it.

Mr.NoSmile
07-20-2015, 08:45 PM
Looking at percentage of age groups polled, I'm not going to worry about this poll.

But young people will HAVE to get off their butts on caucus day and make an enthusiastic showing. Rands campaign depends on it.

Then that's a pretty sad sign if his campaign is reliant only on young folks who aren't the king makers or decision makers of the party, who often are perceived as only showing up when it benefits their candidate and not the yearlong party process, instead of the older, more seasoned folks who are more likely to show up at the polls.

SilentBull
07-20-2015, 08:47 PM
Wait for the new Fox Poll that will come out later this week. That poll will take place entirely after Trump's comments. Those comments hurt Trump.

nikcers
07-20-2015, 09:39 PM
Wait for the new Fox Poll that will come out later this week. That poll will take place entirely after Trump's comments. Those comments hurt Trump.

Most of trump's supporters are mad that his words were too soft- he will drop out at this point only when he wants to drop out or when he gets bored with this. Trump is the king of trolls, we all know that America won't elect a troll. The billion dollar question is who is Trump's king?

scottditzen
07-20-2015, 11:04 PM
Anyone else on the verge of leaving the Republican party?

Sola_Fide
07-20-2015, 11:09 PM

Most people who love freedom already have.

65fastback2+2
07-21-2015, 07:08 AM
Then that's a pretty sad sign if his campaign is reliant only on young folks who aren't the king makers or decision makers of the party, who often are perceived as only showing up when it benefits their candidate and not the yearlong party process, instead of the older, more seasoned folks who are more likely to show up at the polls.

hardly true.

18-44 group comprises about 50% of voters that voted in the 2012 election. 65+ only comprised 16% of voters.

http://www.ropercenter.uconn.edu/polls/us-elections/how-groups-voted/how-groups-voted-2012/

supermario21
07-21-2015, 10:05 AM

Fortunately in Ohio you only have to declare when you vote in a primary. I only vote R when I like the particular candidate now.

JK/SEA
07-21-2015, 01:09 PM

because of Ron Paul, i'm a delared RINO now...

TomtheTinker
07-21-2015, 07:36 PM
I know it's early. I do support Rand but he really is coming off as a soft and unexciting candidate so far.

TER
07-21-2015, 07:42 PM
I know it's early. I do support Rand but he really is coming off as a soft and unexciting candidate so far.

Trumps numbers remind me of Guiliani's early numbers in the 2008 race. People are choosing him because he is being tough and standing his ground. They identify with his angst and admire his courage and fearlessness, and he is a mouthpiece they are propping up and using. I think in time, when the debates are under way and the debate becomes serious, and the election gets closer and closer, he will not be pulling anywhere near those numbers.

NoOneButPaul
07-21-2015, 10:31 PM
because of Ron Paul, i'm a delared RINO now...

Same

anaconda
07-22-2015, 12:42 AM

As quickly as I joined it.

anaconda
07-22-2015, 12:44 AM

But his platform is monumentally divergent from the other candidates. It should not seem either "soft" or "unexciting." It's unique and strident.