PDA

View Full Version : Rubio: Trump's comments about McCain disqualify him from presidency

Suzanimal
07-19-2015, 11:38 AM
Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) said on Sunday that he finds Donald Trump’s mockery of Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and his time as a prisoner of war “absurd,” adding that they should disqualify the business mogul from the White House.

The senator said during an interview that he is not surprised by his fellow 2016 GOP presidential candidate’s insult.

“This is not just an insult to John McCain who is a war hero and a great man, it is an insult to all prisoners of war,” Rubio told host Jake Tapper on CNN’s “State of the Union.”

“It somehow makes the assumption that if you are captured in battle you are not worth of honor,” he said. “It is not just absurd, it is offensive.”

“This is a man who has spent his whole life saying outrageous things,” Rubio added of Trump. “This is how he makes a living.”

Rubio also argued on Sunday that Trump’s taunt of McCain prevents him from getting elected president in 2016.

“I do think it disqualifies someone for higher office,” Rubio said of Trump’s comments.

Trump shocked listeners by mocking McCain’s experiences as a prisoner of war in Vietnam during a public appearance on July 18.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/248442-rubio-trumps-attack-on-mccain-absurd

Warlord
07-19-2015, 11:41 AM
Trump will destroy Rubio

RonPaulFanInGA
07-19-2015, 11:43 AM
Is there anything more arrogant-sounding than this "disqualify" rhetoric? Who the hell is Rubio to say what words disqualify anyone from seeking office? It's the voters' decision.

Al Franken said (http://www.salon.com/2000/01/10/voices//) the same thing in 2000 and the media responded with nary a word during his U.S. Senate campaigns in 2008 and 2014.

ClydeCoulter
07-19-2015, 11:43 AM
The things that they "say" disqualify and the things that actually disqualify at are odds. Acting and voting constitutionally don't seem to come to their minds as any sort of qualification at all.

timosman
07-19-2015, 11:45 AM
“This is how he makes a living.”

No, he does not. He makes a living bribing schmucks like you. You left him no choice.

Warlord
07-19-2015, 11:49 AM
LOL timo. donald will destroy him.. wait and see

Ronin Truth
07-19-2015, 12:04 PM
Rubio's comments about Trump disqualify him from presidency.

Hey, this is a fun game.

Mr.NoSmile
07-19-2015, 01:32 PM
Please let this put Rubio in Trump's sights.

staerker
07-19-2015, 01:42 PM
No, he does not. He makes a living bribing schmucks like you. You left him no choice.

I'm glad you vocalized that. Trump incessantly repeats this fact himself.

As if controlling corrupt politicians is something to be proud of. He claims he donates to everyone, thus "controlling" everyone.

How does this not make him complicit (if not solely responsible) for their actions?

Warlord
07-19-2015, 01:56 PM
Please let this put Rubio in Trump's sights.

I think that's a given

cat_woman
07-19-2015, 02:31 PM
Is there anything more arrogant-sounding than this "disqualify" rhetoric? Who the hell is Rubio to say what words disqualify anyone from seeking office? It's the voters' decision.

Al Franken said (http://www.salon.com/2000/01/10/voices//) the same thing in 2000 and the media responded with nary a word during his U.S. Senate campaigns in 2008 and 2014.

That's very true. I can't stand The Donald, but it certainly is arrogant to claim anyone is "disqualified" because of something they said. I believe Rick Perry used similar rhetoric as Rubio.

I just hope the Trumpettes wake up sooner rather than later. They are being played by a fraud.

nikcers
07-19-2015, 03:44 PM
Don't these guys realize that they aren't attacking trump anymore but his ideology? To anyone that subscribes to trumps right fascism Rubio just stepped in dog shit intentionally and then when everyone noticed that he did it on purpose he stomped on it with passion and smiled a shit eating grin.

Peace&Freedom
07-19-2015, 03:45 PM
What the Rubio, Perry, et al "disqualify" numbskulls have actually done is give Trump a second leg of media electricity, just as the momentum from his immigration comments was finally petering out. If the last controversy proves anything, it's that Trump is a master at riding the flap. Trump may run with this one for another few weeks at least, until the debates.

staerker
07-30-2015, 07:10 PM
I'm glad you vocalized that. Trump incessantly repeats this fact himself.

As if controlling corrupt politicians is something to be proud of. He claims he donates to everyone, thus "controlling" everyone.

How does this not make him complicit (if not solely responsible) for their actions?

bump