PDA

View Full Version : Hiliary Clinton Caught violating Campaign finance laws on tape

dude58677
06-28-2007, 02:36 PM
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=56305

The full, five-minute videotape touted as "smoking gun evidence" of two felonies committed by Sen. Hillary Clinton has been released to WND.

As WND reported, the tape was submitted as evidence to a California appeals court yesterday in a civil fraud suit against the New York Democrat and her husband, former President Bill Clinton.

WND reported in April the tape indicates Clinton – despite denials throughout six years of investigation – was directly involved with business mogul Peter Franklin Paul in producing a lavish Hollywood fundraiser in August 2000 that eventually cost Paul nearly $2 million.

Clinton's participation in the planning of the event would make Paul's substantial contributions a direct donation to her Senate campaign rather than her joint fundraising committee, violating federal statutes that limit "hard money" contributions to a candidate to $2,000 per person. Knowingly accepting or soliciting $25,000 or more in a calendar year is a felony carrying a prison sentence of up to five years.

Paul's complaint charges President Clinton destroyed his entertainment company to get out of a $17 million deal in which Clinton promised to promote the firm in exchange for stock, cash options and massive contributions to his wife's 2000 campaign. Paul contends he was directed by the Clintons and Democratic Party leaders to foot the bill for the Hollywood event.
In the tape, Clinton is heard via speakerphone thanking Paul, business partner Stan Lee and other colleagues for their efforts in putting together the fundraiser.

She also describes the role of longtime aide Kelly Craighead as assisting in day-to-day involvement in preparation for the event as her liaison with Paul and his producers.

Peter Paul and Sen. Hillary Clinton (Courtesy Hillcap.org)

Craighead, Clinton says, "talks all the time" with Paul, "so she'll be the person to convey whatever I need."

The aide's hands-on role is significant, because the law also implicates a candidate if any of his or her agents are involved in coordinating expenditures with a donor.

In another portion of the tape, Clinton is heard discussing her direct solicitation of a large contribution from the entertainer Cher. Paul's legal team, the U.S. Justice Foundation, argues the value of Cher's performance alone vastly exceeded the FEC limits.

The tape was one of 90 Paul was ordered to turn over to the U.S. attorney's office for the Eastern District of New York in 2001 as part of the investigation in a related securities case against him. But it has never been used as evidence, despite its relevance to the key question of Sen. Clinton's involvement in the Hollywood fundraiser.

Sen. Clinton has claimed through her spokesman Howard Wolfson that Paul gave no money to her campaign, and her supporters have denied she had any anything to do with coordinating the fund-raiser or soliciting contributions directly from donors.

Clinton's campaign has counted the more than $800,000 of in-kind contributions it reported in a 2006 amended FEC report for the Hollywood Gala as indirect, or "soft money," given to the New York Senate 2000 Committee, a state account that was run jointly by Clinton, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee and the New York State Democratic Party.

The Clintons' longtime attorney David Kendall has not replied to WND's request for comment on Paul's videotape. Kendall previously has declined comment on the case, saying only to WND regarding the felony assertion, "Any such allegation is totally false and totally unsupported."

HC is finished.

DjLoTi
06-28-2007, 02:42 PM
HC is finished.

Depending on the MSM follows up with this and all other parties also follow up. If everyone just turns their heads and forgets and forgives, it won't be much different then Dick Cheney and the White House, where they break rules but no one goes forward with actual charges.

LibertyEagle
06-28-2007, 02:47 PM
It should also be a reminder to US. What we do on our own, it doesn't sound like campaign headquarters can even know about, or we might get them in deep doo doo too. But, I'm certainly no expert whatsoever on FEC rules.

Bradley, would you give your input here please?

Texan4Life
06-28-2007, 02:48 PM
hmmm..

I think this could go two ways.

1. She could go down like a burning parachute.
2. She gets a slap and the wrist and like a 5 million dollar fine or something.

goldstandard
06-28-2007, 02:50 PM
Why isn't this a major news story?

BLS
06-28-2007, 02:50 PM
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=56305

HC is finished.

Politicians never get busted for this kind of thing. They own so many people it's not even funny.

beermotor
06-28-2007, 02:52 PM
Yeah, and the Left Coast media loves the Dems (to a fault, regardless of who is piloting the trainwreck) - so I don't expect them to pick it up. How credible is the WND evidence, though? Weird that an active litigation matter is being ... discussed ... ?? Sounds fishy to me.

LibertyEagle
06-28-2007, 02:53 PM
I doubt Hillary is finished. Heck, 'ol Bill got away with drug smuggling at Mena, AK and he didn't even get a slap on the wrist.

dmitchell
06-28-2007, 02:54 PM
Stan Lee likes Hillary? *cry*

Dary
06-28-2007, 03:02 PM
As much as I dislike Hillary……Who the hell does the FEC think they are?

Eff the FEC.

This has nothing to do with Hillary. It has everything to do with Peter Franklin Paul.

He’s pissed cuz he got screwed. Serves him right. That’ll teach him.

How’s the old adage go…. If you lay down with snakes, your bound to get bit?

dude58677
06-28-2007, 03:02 PM
I sent this tape to Barack Obama's office. He is the only one with the real incentive to make this a big issue given that he is Hiliary's bitter rival. I doubt a jail punishment for HC but this would cost her the nomination.

cujothekitten
06-28-2007, 03:07 PM
Someone should put this on youtube and see what happens. Be sure to explain the video in the video description if you decide to host it.

dude58677
06-28-2007, 03:07 PM
As much as I dislike Hillary……Who the hell does the FEC think they are?

Eff the FEC.

This has nothing to do with Hillary. It has everything to do with Peter Franklin Paul.

He’s pissed cuz he got screwed. Serves him right. That’ll teach him.

How’s the old adage go…. If you lay down with snakes, your bound to get bit?

That's what criminals think of their victims.

nakor667
06-28-2007, 03:11 PM
I tried uploading Hillary video to youtube... but it wouldn't let me! I even tried reformatting it to an AVI, to no avail. Censorship?

angelatc
06-28-2007, 03:13 PM
What kind of message did you get?

dude58677
06-28-2007, 03:14 PM
I tried uploading Hillary video to youtube... but it wouldn't let me! I even tried reformatting it to an AVI, to no avail. Censorship?

If it was censorship there wouldn't even be an article on World Net Daily. Besides quite a few in the MSM and in Washington do have the incentive to make this issue, such as Obama, Bill O'Reilly(even though we hate him), etc.

romelll
06-28-2007, 03:24 PM
She won't have anything down to her with the current system. All she will say is "I was unaware..." and the aide will get thrown to the wolves.

And Stan Lee? He has lost so many cool points it not even funny..

dude58677
06-28-2007, 03:34 PM
She won't have anything down to her with the current system. All she will say is "I was unaware..." and the aide will get thrown to the wolves.

And Stan Lee? He has lost so many cool points it not even funny..

She was saying before the tape was released that "she didn't know" but the tape shows otherwise.

nakor667
06-28-2007, 03:38 PM
posted to youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkuguEJPMK0

torchbearer
06-28-2007, 03:45 PM
submit it to cnn?
who recorded this??? and why would someone record a crime they were committing???

torchbearer
06-28-2007, 03:51 PM
I know politicians are crooks... but seeing this shit makes me very angry... She should be given a trial... she should have the evidence rebuked... and she should be judged by her peers...
but i'm still angry... and this does point to guilt in my opinion. i give her the thumbs down as part of her jury.

MGS
06-28-2007, 03:58 PM
Gonna post this vid and description on the Video sharing site i frequent as well.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
06-28-2007, 04:11 PM
Its all a misunderstanding. She was just calling Stan Lee to try to get Spiderman to help fight crime in New York.

SHE WAS DOING US A FAVOR!

kylejack
06-28-2007, 04:39 PM
Here's the thing: This shouldn't be illegal. I'd give her a pass if I were on her jury, because the government should not be making rules like this.

torchbearer
06-28-2007, 04:43 PM
Here's the thing: This shouldn't be illegal. I'd give her a pass if I were on her jury, because the government should not be making rules like this.

I don't agree with the rules, but if everyonne else is playing by the rules, she gains an unfair advantage be "cheating"... and that is what is wrong with the situation.

kylejack
06-28-2007, 04:48 PM
I don't agree with the rules, but if everyonne else is playing by the rules, she gains an unfair advantage be "cheating"... and that is what is wrong with the situation.

Maybe, but I think our goal should be to defend the liberties of all, not help the State with enforcing unfair rules.

torchbearer
06-28-2007, 04:52 PM
How can you beat someone for president if they have rigged the game? You have to first deal with the fact that they are not following the rule of law... which Dr. Paul does believe in... even when he doesn't like the law.. he still abides by it because he respect the rule of law... now after he wins a 'fair' election, he can try to persuade congress to change it... so he can execute it.

So, we don't hold hillary accountable and she wins the presidency because of her unlawfulness.... what are you going to do then? standing by principle and not enforcing the law allows the cronies to continue... while we remain here bitching on this forum.

so- i don't think we disagree with the stupidity of the current laws... we just disagree about what should be done about it the reason behind those opinions.

MGS
06-28-2007, 04:54 PM
How can you beat someone for president if they have rigged the game? You have to first deal with the fact that they are not following the rule of law... which Dr. Paul does believe in... even when he doesn't like the law.. he still abides by it because he respect the rule of law... now after he wins a 'fair' election, he can try to persuade congress to change it... so he can execute it.

So, we don't hold hillary accountable and she wins the presidency because of her unlawfulness.... what are you going to do then? standing by principle and not enforcing the law allows the cronies to continue... while we remain here bitching on this forum.

so- i don't think we disagree with the stupidity of the current laws... we just disagree and what should be done about it the reason behind those opinions.

I agree. Its about accountability for me. Sick of these high profile , politicians and celebrities being above the rule of law, :mad:

kylejack
06-28-2007, 04:55 PM
Actually, he's recently been advocating civil disobedience against unfair laws, particularly taxation. We have a lot of political enemies, but that doesn't mean I believe the government should violate their rights, and when it does we shouldn't help it to do so. I think we gain more followers by always fighting for the right thing, even when it benefits our political enemies.

torchbearer
06-28-2007, 04:59 PM
Actually, he's recently been advocating civil disobedience against unfair laws, particularly taxation. We have a lot of political enemies, but that doesn't mean I believe the government should violate their rights, and when it does we shouldn't help it to do so. I think we gain more followers by always fighting for the right thing, even when it benefits our political enemies.

Yes. But he himself chooses to change laws by legislation. He himself follows the rule of law and trys to change it from the inside of the political process.
Do you think Hillary is being civilly disobedient to an unjust law or do you think she is purposefully breaking the law to obtain the thing she wants most... power and control over this country?

dude58677
06-28-2007, 06:31 PM

The law is unfair to third parties, I agree. However, this woman is running as a two-party candidate and so she is really acting like a dictator.

dude58677
06-28-2007, 06:39 PM
It's really like an athlete using steroids to gain an advantage.

dude58677
06-28-2007, 07:27 PM
submit it to cnn?
who recorded this??? and why would someone record a crime they were committing???

You could ask the same question about the Watergate tapes.